# apt-get install e2fsprogs
# umount /media/mmc1
# umount /media/mmc2 (for N800 only!)
# sfdisk /dev/mmcblk0
/dev/mmcblk0p1:1,15000,6
/dev/mmcblk0p2:15001,,
/dev/mmcblk0p3:
/dev/mmcblk0p4:
1) Is this, starting from # sfdisk one command or i must hit return after every line?
2) Why so much space for linux partition? I want to install no more than one system on flash card. Not bigger than 2007HE.
How can i repartition my 2 Gb MMC if i want to leave maximum space for FAT (for films and books)?
3) Why zero-size unformatted partitions 3 and 4?

0 - Create ext2 filesystem on partition 2 of the Internal memory card
1 - Mount partition 2 as /opt
2 - Mount rootfs as /floppy
3 - Perform cloning process
4 - Commit filesystem updates and unmount /floppy and /opt
4) partition 2 of INTERNAL memory card?
Are we still talking about Nokia 770?
We already have ext2 filesystem on partition 2 of the EXTERNAL memory card.

5) Is this .deb http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19639
do all above mentioned automatically? Quess not. Author says "Maybe 2008HE, but untested. I really need to get a 770 for testing..."
And again so much space for ext2.

Last edited by Gomez; 2008-07-19 at 12:14.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
1) Is this, starting from # sfdisk one command or i must hit return after every line?
Yes and no. When you type "sfdisk /dev/mmcblk0" the tablet will then bring up
Code:
/dev/mmcblk0p1:
And then you have to type in the numbers and commas shown then hit return, and it will bring up the next line.

2) Why so much space for linux partition? I want to install no more than one system on flash card. Not bigger than 2007HE.
How can i repartition my 2 Gb MMC if i want to leave maximum space for FAT (for films and books)?
Most people clone their OS to the SD card because they want more space to install applications.

The numbers refer to 32kb "blocks" of memory. So if you wanted 256mb for the OS and the rest for the FAT system you would use the following numbers:
Code:
/dev/mmcblk0p1:1,8000,6
/dev/mmcblk0p2:8001,,
/dev/mmcblk0p3:
/dev/mmcblk0p4:
The first partition is for your operating system. The second partition is the FAT memory card and will show up in your file manager as "internal memory card" You should be able to partition p3 and p4 as well... but there's no point really unless you want to run more operating systems.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Flint MI
When I execute:
apt-get install e2fsprogs
I get a bunch of PreDepends errors. e2fslibs, libblkidl, libcomerr2, libss2, libuuidl. I believe this is probably because I have a catalog missing or not enteed properly. Can some help me with this?

Santa_Matt

Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
Whenever you partition a drive you can always make 4 primary partitions.. no more.. no less.. (obviously there are ways around this.. strictly speaking standards here).

sfdisk will show you all 4 possible partitions available on a disk or drive no matter if they are present are not.

So.. if I format my SD card with only 1 partition that is 8GB large.. sfdisk will show me 1 partition with data, and 3 empty partitions. If I have 3 partitions on my drive.. you'll see 3 and 1 empty... etc.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!