i m using n770 with os2007HE on it. I have many questions which i was unable to find thats why i am posting here.

1. I want to compile on the device! (./configure, make, make install)..what do i need for that?..i m trying to compile Kismet on my device ..i..first issue was libc6-dev ..solved that ..now another strange error when i ./configure it = checking for grep that handles long lines..no acceptable grep could be found..any idea?

2. i m using scratchbox too with maemo sdk but i need to ask is the maemo sdk for n770 (os2007HE) same as n770(OS06) or should i got for maemo 3.x?..

and i understand the compilation is quite slow on the device itself then it is on the scratchbox..but the thing is that scratchbox is also giving me strange errors when i compile programs like Kismet...i
i used this tutorial for the scratchbox setting up:

http://maemogeek.blogspot.com/2007/0...nokia-770.html

mayb the tool chain and libs i downloaded are meant for n770 with os2006 you people can tell me better!

helo? anyone?

are my questions too difficult?

I had a huge problem with scratchbox... and i was trying for normal debian.. so i cant help there.

for your grep problem I imagine that is because maemo uses busybox for most of its core apps which may include grep... you'll have to look into getting the full grep compiled in either the scratchbox or the maemo.. or maybe u can try and copy the grep binary from maemo's environment to the tablet?

those would be my suggestions...sorry cant be more helpful.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

thanx a lot for the reply...well i thought exactly the same to copy the binary from the scratchbox and overwrite the current grep in n770..i will give it a try and let you know..

can u please tell me that the tutorial link i pasted in my first post is the same even if i m using os2007HE or should i go for setting up maemo sdk for n800 ? (3.x)

I honestly don't know.. i haven't dealt at all with the OS2007 or n770's... And I only just got my scratchbox working.. so I'm new to that stuff.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

ok np, anyone else would like to answer that which maemo sdk should be used with scratchbox for compilation of applications which are to be run on n770 os2007HE?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hi r4yd3n!

I haven't been chekcing the forums lately, so I did not see this before.

I've never compiled anything on the Tablet itself, and I don't think I'd like to do that. Anything moderately large would take forever!

To compile applications, I installed the Maemo SDK+, following the instructions at http://maemo-sdk.garage.maemo.org/install.html (note, it is NOT the MaemoSDK you installed, this one uses scratchbox2).

To compile applications for OS2007HE, you need the Bora rootstrap, and if you want to compile applications for OS2008HE you need the Chinook rootstrap. You can have more than one rootstrap installed, although I don't remember how to switch between them.

I remember having some problems with the Chinook rootstrap which I solved by linking some files. If you run into similar problems when compiling (gcc bailing out), let me know and I can try to find out what I did (it's been a while...).

Good luck!

Pablo B.

got it! thanx a lot pablob!

Tags
maemo sdk os2007he