Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
I just bought a new N810 since my N800 I have been having some difficulty login to my Yahoo emails, I thought this would fix the problem but that would be a different tread.

Anyways, this is what I would like to do.

I have a lot of Apps, games installed on the N800, including some other settings.

Is there anyway that I could copy, transfer those Apps, and settings from the N800 to N810

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
You could try using the backup utility, but I never use that, so I don't know if it'll do what you want. Or you could clone your n800 OS to an SD, install a bootmenu on n810, and boot to sd on n810. This should preserve everything as is.

Let Penguinbait be your guide.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Then again, it might be the case that an n800 OS clone will not work on n810 hardware. I guess I just assumed it would, but perhaps not.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
In any event, I'd be surprised if the Nokia backup that is in the Control Panel wouldn't work. That is, I think it would work fine. I've never done it between two different devices, but it only makes sense that it would work since it re-downloads and re-installs everything. The backup will be put on the N800's SD card automatically. Then just put that SD card into the N810, use Backup's Restore feature, and browse to that back-up on the SD card. I bet it will work fine.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
I think the suggestions made by #2, #3 are way over my head I wouldn't know how to do it.

#4 I am not sure if I put the SD card from the N800 to the N810 since it only takes MicroSD Mobile with an adaptor.

I just realized how practical is the N800 which can handle averg size SD cards, I have 8GB SD on my N800.

I bought a 2GB Micro Mobile but haven't done much yet, and that is why I am trying to figure out how to copy the Apps I have installed on N800 vs searching for sites where to download them, and I have a lot of them.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I hadn't thought about it before, but it seems to me that you can copy the backup file from the SD card to your computer and from there to the miniSD.

osso-software-version rx-34 for n800 / osso-software-version rx-44 for n810 are the two compartible? would the same backup work ? not sure.