Active Topics

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Does anyone know if the current version of the yellow notes applet will work in fremantle? If not, has anyone ported it yet?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
By providing a link it would be even possible to test this... ;-))

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
It won't work in Fremantle without at least some minimal changes. I'm not sure if there is anything too big. If nobody ports it soon (I'm pretty sure it isn't ported yet) I'll have a go.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Im sure you could do it, since I nagged you into getting it done for diablo. LOL

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Im sure you could do it, since I nagged you into getting it done for diablo. LOL
Hi

Yellow Notes is now available for Fremantle as of May 1st:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=3566

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gabrielnava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by gabrielnava View Post
Hi

Yellow Notes is now available for Fremantle as of May 1st:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=3566

Good to see you back. Will you be touching up/changing any of the Diablo version of Yellownotes?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
I tried this version and If I try to delete button, it bogged down

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hello
I tried this version and If I try to delete button, it bogged down
Hi Schturman

Thanks for using Yellow Notes applet.

You can get updated version with the fix for the 'delete' button issue:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=3580

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabrielnava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi Gabriel
Thanks for your app. I now tested the version 0.4.2 and I found a little bug.
When I write many lines, I can see on the right side the bar and 2 arrows for moving the page up and down. But the bar is not working, I can move the page up and down only with arrows.

i'd like to have another options on this app (if you can :-) )

* For writing - instead the small icon, I prefer clicking on the yellow window for opening the window of edit/write.
* For deleting - I'd like to see the icon a little bigger, but without changing the size of a top bar.
* For background - option for a system background color (like around the icons or like in the "Simple note widget"), also for top-bar.

And last one - I don't know for what I need the multiple pages (01,02,03...) or at least, can you to enlarge (a little) the icons of green arrows, for use with fingers ? And again without changing the size of a top bar. You can put them in the middle or in the left side of the top-bar.

Thank you !

P.S. why you removed the transparency ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-05-04 at 22:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Hi Schurtman

This version of Yellow Notes has the same look and feel that previous versions has. This means that it is not as finger friendly as expected for Maemo 5.

Regarding scroll bar not working, it is not really a bug, but a limitation from Desktop interaction design for Fremantle. Following paragraph from Desktop Widgets UI Guidelines explains it:
Within the desktop, you can interact with widgets using taps only. Due to the prioritisation of screen switching, widgets do not support dragging or swiping gestures. This ensures that desktop screens can be effortlessly panned even if they are filled with widgets
About your other suggestions (writing, deleting, background color, arrows), I'm already working in redesigning UI to make it finger friendly, since Fremantle is more finger oriented than previous Maemo versions. Transparency is also being worked on. I removed that part from Settings dialog, since it is not working yet.

Appreciate your feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielnava For This Useful Post: