Active Topics

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Okay so I've been walking down the rocky road of building an app from scratch, getting processed by the auto-builder and up into extras for a while now... and I've resolved most of my problems, but hit one big hitch: the app never actually shows up in extras-devel/never gets moved there for some reason...

I've written the package from scratch, so maybe I've missed something, but I package it up using dpkg-buildpackage on my SDK. This generates the .changes, .tar.gz source, and .dsc files. I upload those using the Extras-assistant, which goes through and says "okay, move to the build queue". I hit that to move the files into the build queue for Diablo, and wait a little bit. Eventually an email shows up telling me that everything's built OK and that it will be moved to extras-devel soon... and then, 4 days later, still no signs of it!

The results of the build queue are in the log files for autobuilder, here:
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/dia...ipclock_0.9.4/

and I've been keeping a close eye on what I believe is the raw extras-devel repo:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...e/f/flipclock/

There's my old builds from when it was a python app, but nothing for any of the 0.9.x versions that I've uploaded to autobuilder... anyone have any ideas at all, I'm completely baffled...

If you need want to see the packaging rules or anything I can post those up here as well...

Oh, and as a bizarre twist... I also uploaded to Fremantle build queue, and after I got the email saying it had built ok I can see that package now in the "Fremantle packaging interface" thing... but no signs at all in the Diablo extras-promoter or anywhere else...

Any and all suggestions/assistance greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by jolouis; 2009-11-11 at 19:36.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
There is a thread about it on the dev list:

http://maemo.org/community/maemo-dev...825b9173c173c1

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
For some reason, after the build in diablo, the system is dumping changes files into the incoming-builder file. I am investigating now, I can clearly see that packages have been backing up.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
It started at least 25 hours ago.
But my packages are still not in extas-devel...
Still waiting...

Is there any status on this issue from the maemo people? I still am not seeing my package in extras-devel. Do we need to resubmit our packages?

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Just wanted to raise this issue again; maybe it's just specific to me as others seem to have had their packages go through, but even after I heard the autobuilder was fixed and back up and running (people's packages were moving through) I've got nothing... I tried submitting a newer version of my package and still nothing... Can anyone help? Any ideas? It works fine for Fremantle autobuilder... and I can build it myself from the tar.gz source file on the SDK... so what am I missing here?...

The Diablo the autobuilder sayis "all OK!", built, etc... but then it just never shows up in extras-devel!!

The build log process is here:
https://garage.maemo.org/builder/dia...ipclock_0.9.5/

Thanks!

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
I can confirm. Some packages were finally built, but after that packages stopped building (((

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Looks like we are facing a recurrence of the previous problem. I will work on this and try to get it sorted out today. I'll report back here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeremiah For This Useful Post: