Active Topics

After I bought my n900 I was having some buyer's remorse. Hell I only paid like 50 bucks for it cuz my work gave me gift cards as a signing bonus for its workers not going on strike. Then I saw the nexus & the droid. I'm like I jumped the gun and no app store! Actually anymore I don't care, this n900 is just ungodly, its like Satan's phone. Cause god would probably use an iphone. Using this thing I feel like I sold my soul, its just too awesome. There are sooooo many good REAL games for it. Open arena? Beneath a steel sky? Wormux? Super Tux? Even bad *** Duke Nuke 'em! I find iphone apps very generic quick pick up games sometimes with pretty graphics. This thing plays what I consider "real" games. Really this thing rocks. An amazing moment for me is when I loaded the media player widget and it showed whats playing while another widget showed the lyrics! Now that was cool. I customized my desktop. Not a big fan of the panaramic view, but u can just treat that like four desktops. O ya I HATE DRM!!! Only on certain devices can u run certain things...hate it.
Games with drm are real bad cause if u authorize a computer with itunes and it crashes, there goes 1 of your 5 authorized computers! My only 2 complaints are no d-pad/ and the kickstand is pretty useless...wish it were adjustable. I've used my ipod touch 1st gen for almost 3 years I think? No multi-touch doesn't even bother me. I just can't seem to figure out how to show all files on the n900, u know like in root, like system files and where apps install Want to change opening video .I kinda like having a keyboard and stylus....thought no multi-touch would suck and it doesn't. Its just different. Multi-tasking is crazy fast. Quite a few other phones have this processor and why can't they d it? This thing is awesome, if you got this far, thanks for reading the rant. I also took a couple pics of my desktop on the phone.. Thank you all!
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mas5acre For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Glad to hear it!
As for changing the splash video, there is a thread on that, but I'm too tired to look it up. Search around, and you should find out how to do that. You will have to use the terminal to mess around with system files (you'll need the "rootsh" package to get root access - look at the wiki article); the GUI file manager doesn't show those files because the default user ("user") does not have permissions to modify them anyway, and they're irrelevant to Joe User anyway.

Originally Posted by jaem View Post
Glad to hear it!
As for changing the splash video, there is a thread on that, but I'm too tired to look it up. Search around, and you should find out how to do that. You will have to use the terminal to mess around with system files (you'll need the "rootsh" package to get root access - look at the wiki article); the GUI file manager doesn't show those files because the default user ("user") does not have permissions to modify them anyway, and they're irrelevant to Joe User anyway.
i did something already like sudo root

I must agree, this computer is awesome, the community is awesome aswell!
No day passes without new and original apps

P.S. community, be more friendly to noobs :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Here is the thread on changing the video showed during the boot
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32935

Hartti

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
Also.. showing all files like in root... somewhere floating around here is emelfm2... look it up. That should do better than the default File Manager.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
From what I've seen this looks like a great phone indeed
I disagree on the games though, iPhone has a few games I'd love to see on the N900. Like Monkey Ball or similar..

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North Carolina
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
Like Monkey Ball or similar..
A port of Neverball would be nice in the future.

N64/psx are real games I want emulated. cps2 would be great as well.

Thanks For Sharing