Notices

I've noticed the n900 have ALOT of features but it's the small things that count. A full screen photo caller ID allows me to distinguish the person calling from across the room..

Also why cant i add photo to a contact from my image gallery, after viewing a pic i thought by holding down or accessing the pic menu there would be an "add to contact option" but it was absent..i have to open up the contact, edit and then add their image that way???

Can any of the developers invest in these ideas Please!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ncruze For This Useful Post:
Good idea, s60 had an app that did this so im sure its easy for maemo to have it, but remember the on-screen answer/end call buttons would have to overlay the full screen image on the n900 due to no physical call keys.

The Following User Says Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
You could always submit on bug (enhancement request)

The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
i wouldnt mind..or maybe the device could automatically adjust the image to fit the screen and still exposing the answer/ignore keys

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I suggested customizable "calling" screen. Not much of an uprising, apparently it's not a very good idea.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

I would love that.

Also Caller ID pic is really small.
One of the major complains from S60 for years, finally resolved with S60 3rd edition FP2 and S60 5th edition or Symbian^1 with great full size pics for caller id, is now bothering Maemo users. There is no reason not to have a Symbian like full size caller ID especially with the N900 huge screen and resolution.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Ncruze View Post
... A full screen photo caller ID allows me to distinguish the person calling from across the room..

Also why cant i add photo to a contact from my image gallery, after viewing a pic i thought by holding down or accessing the pic menu there would be an "add to contact option" but it was absent..i have to open up the contact, edit and then add their image that way.....
yes some bad ideas were implemented here..

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
You're requesting an enhancement to core Maemo 5 functionality. This has the best chance of actually happening if you either submit a bug report for an enhancement or create a proper Brainstorm entry. There may already be one covering this, so i suggest you search and vote for it if there is.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-31 at 08:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
It seems a shame not to have a larger contact picture capability given the great pixel density and large screen. Count another vote for full-screen background photo with the calling touch buttons overlaid on top.