Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
I have several images of the world in high resolution (3000x2000px+). I am able to open them both within the default image viewer and Mediabox Media Center but when I attempt to zoom in, it says out of memory and unable to zoom.

I wish to learn the countries of the world so I need to be able to zoom in. I downloaded the images from Google Image Search directly from my n900 but cannot find a suitable application. I bet Quiver Image Viewer could do it but it isn't available for Maemo 5...should I give up???

The Following User Says Thank You to gohan2091 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm..
Workaround could be flash viewer which can load high resolution image and load only part of it and you can still zoom and pan smoothly. Right now I do not know any site that provides this kind of functionality.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hmm..
Workaround could be flash viewer which can load high resolution image and load only part of it and you can still zoom and pan smoothly. Right now I do not know any site that provides this kind of functionality.
Are you saying a Flash Viewer can do this or are you actually suggesting I download an application called Flash Viewer? Do you have a link?

Please can someone help? The n900 is such a powerful device, surely it could handle this task? I'm sure my n810 could....

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
btw. have you tried microb? Try to load local image there. I loaded some 10 megapixel images and it showed them quite nicely,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I co-sign, any developers working on a good image viewer, something with zoom, and a nice intuitive/cool layout?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
I wish someone can create a photo viewer with awesome interface like iPHONE photo album scrolling left to right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I'll second Maemo Browser. You can use the same gestures to pan and zoom as you are used to when browsing pages. Very nice for examining individual images...not so good for an album.

You can set up a bookmark for frequently-loaded images, too.

file:///home/user/MyDocs/ so forth to open the image.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
MicroB is not suitable as attempting to load one of these images with this application freezes my device for almost 10 minutes when finally I am forced to exit or reboot if that fails.

The n900 really needs a good image application like Quiver Image Viewer.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Ah, well i haven't tried any images over 3000 pix, sorry.

The built-in viewer is nice in that it can crop and resize and whatnot, but i am rather surprised at the lack of viewing features. Have you looked at the bug and brainstorms on the subject, if any? It seems a worthy enhancement to request.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: