Active Topics

Notices

Because of bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8079 the main window is now a single playlist. All videos are always played in fullscreen.

In fullscreen, a single tap on the screen will show a close button and the toolbar. You can navigate through the playlist in fullscreen, by using the arrow keys from the keyboard, when using the default player. You should see the current selected item on top of the screen. Like in the playlist of the main window, Up and Down, moves the selection, Left collapses the selected folder, Right expands it and finally Enter will start playing it.
MPlayer maps the keys to its own on-screen controls. So only limited navigation with the toolbar buttons for this player.

The flash player is now run in a separate process (like gstreamer and of course mplayer). The reason is that after flash had played something, kmplayer became less responsive. Also it crashed from time to time. In this new version, the flash process is just shot down if it takes too long to end normally.
Playing flash is now limited to 640x480. Current flash player is just too slow to scale it up to 800x480, causing it to eat all CPU which in its turn, made it stall often.

Tapping a folder in the active list, now opens or closes it, instead of starting playing the first link below it.

Hope you like the new interface. If you do quality testing, please try it and we can forget about the severe bug 8079.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
The new build is definitely more user friendly and intuitive and much more aesthetic! Thank you partner!

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-10 at 04:41.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ CT, USA
Just want to say thanks for the work that you continue to put into kmplayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to chowdahhead For This Useful Post:
this looks so much better...I like that you can now tap the screen and see the slider to skip forward/backward through the movie....I always hate having to use the keyboard all the time....sometime, I want my right hand free ...anyway, I like it very much...much thanks for fixing the app....

The Following User Says Thank You to azz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by koos View Post
All videos are always played in fullscreen.
With the "osso-media-server" player, I lose the video after switching away (Ctrl-Backspace) to something else, then switching back.

It shows the video briefly, then goes back to the playlist. If I hit the play button, I hear audio (my assumption is that the video is now playing again), but it continues to show the playlist.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
We need pic!!

here u go....(Sorry about the green screen. I try to capture a movie but that's all I got....)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to azz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jkq View Post
With the "osso-media-server" player, I lose the video after switching away (Ctrl-Backspace) to something else, then switching back.

It shows the video briefly, then goes back to the playlist. If I hit the play button, I hear audio (my assumption is that the video is now playing again), but it continues to show the playlist.
That looks like a bug. Actually the video should pause when switching away from kmplayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by koos View Post
That looks like a bug. Actually the video should pause when switching away from kmplayer.
It probably does. I've gotten into the habit of explicitly pausing the video before switching.

At any rate, here's a bug entry for you: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8759

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

The Following User Says Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I´m not sure about these so i have to trust my memory

- When i press stop i mean stop i do not want to return to same place where i pressed stop Pause is different thing.

- Any change to add volume control to full screen UI? Pressing HW buttons make film stutter.

- I´m having little trouble with flash links provided with player. It plays only some of them? I parses youtube and provides all the links?

I´m not sure what to think of current playlist view and bottom last played view and checkmark and play button. Something is not quite right here. Have to look this things and make some better review, but i think this is bit confusing.

REALLY REALLY good work!
I really wonder why default media player gui cant handle videos as kmplayer handles. I have H.264 videos which get jerky on default media player and play fine with kmplayer with default engine.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post: