Notices

It's a fantastic opensource shoot them up, I would love to see it on the N900

Projet page: http://www.reptilelabour.com/software/chromium/

a few screenshots:

The Following User Says Thank You to fmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
wow, that looks pretty nice right there :P ... i was thinking it would be another crappy graphics game like most you see in the N900, i have the feeling that most of the game don't show the true power of the N900, this would certanley change that.

Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
wow, that looks pretty nice right there :P ... i was thinking it would be another crappy graphics game like most you see in the N900, i have the feeling that most of the game don't show the true power of the N900, this would certanley change that.
It is certainly a good looking game, as far as I know it's the best looking 2d shoot'em up game for Linux

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Frankly, no 2D shoot'em up game is going to "show the true power of the N900". In any case, knocking the existing free options isn't the best way to encourage the (most likely) same people who worked on those to spend more time to try to meet your expectations.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
nice, looks like a r-type style game but from top view, i dont think the OP cares if it shows true power of n900 but more about enjoying a good game.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
nice, looks like a r-type style game but from top view, i dont think the OP cares if it shows true power of n900 but more about enjoying a good game.
I was quoting rikisky, who convinced me this isn't something to waste my time on. Don't worry though, there are plenty of maintainers with much more tolerance of obnoxious attitudes like his who will probably pick it up and put it out in no time.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yes Please... I beg of you!

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I was quoting rikisky, who convinced me this isn't something to waste my time on. Don't worry though, there are plenty of maintainers with much more tolerance of obnoxious attitudes like his who will probably pick it up and put it out in no time.
It wasn't risisky asking for the port but me, I love this game and would really enjoy having it on my N900. The original developper has stopping working on the game eon's again but the source is freely available.

I know that it uses SDL and requres OpenGL (or at least MESA).

If anyone feels like giving it a quick try I would be really grateful.

flandry what about for other users like us that appreciate the work you devolopers / porters have been doing :-)

it looks nice and i loved rtype would be a good addition to the n900 and woould work well with the qwerty :-)

id really appreciate it if you could have a look flandry mate :-) and iam sure 100s more would too :-)

cheers