Active Topics

Notices

Is there an app that can boost the volume of the 3 speakers beyond the maximum defined presets?

Thanks

To have full control over sound in the device open the terminal and type "alsamixer -c 0"

Navigate through the switches with left/right, increase/decrease values with Up/Down, toggle mute with m, switch between input and output with Tab and exit with ESC.

You'll have the best chance with sliders named like "PCM", "Master", "Speakers" and mute switches controls containing "Boost" in their names. Haven't experimented with the controls on the N900 myself.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
To have full control over sound in the device open the terminal and type "alsamixer -c 0"

Navigate through the switches with left/right, increase/decrease values with Up/Down, toggle mute with m, switch between input and output with Tab and exit with ESC.

You'll have the best chance with sliders named like "PCM", "Master", "Speakers" and mute switches controls containing "Boost" in their names. Haven't experimented with the controls on the N900 myself.
I'm not seeing "Master" nor "PCM"...any chance you can post which value controls the "earpiece" volume?

This would go great with my earpiece mod:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=earpiece

any one explain a lil detail please

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post

Not able to save the changes how to save the changes

no answer on this last question yet? anybody?

it's fantastic...Thanks

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
So let me get this straight: I could increase the volume of the earpiece to hear the caller's voice better after answering? Which one of the options would this be?

My biggest grief with the N900 is the call speaker earpiece top middle of the phone,s front face being too soft. If it gets the slightest bit noisy I get scared I won't hear the other person on the phone.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I used a "version" of the alsamixer before the last update and it didn't make any difference in the ultimate vol level. It did the same thing the vol control did.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I think this could help with what's being discussed in this bugreport:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6063

The N900 seems to suffer from a hardware fault, that lessens the volume of the earpiece, if it doesn't cut off sound entirely. Now a hardware problem can't be fixed, but maybe the problem could be lessened by someone finding a way to boost the default volume?

P.S. Don't discuss anything in Bugzilla! Do it here.