Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
My newly formatted Windows 7 computer won't recognize my N900 via bluetooth. I managed to get the cable connection working, but when I try bluetooth, it just finds one driver and then there's three other "Bluetooth Peripheral Device"'s that it doesn't find drivers for. I tried this: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=15
But it just found the HID service, it didn't found the other that is probably needed.

I tried pointing the driver installer to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver\" as well as "C:\Program Files (x86)\PC Connectivity Solution\" but it doesn't find the driver. I connected successfully with the very same computer about a month ago via bluetooth(found drivers), but now it doesn't work.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate X64. I'm using some generic bluetooth radio which on XP required Bluesoleil(worst crap ever), but Windows 7 have Microsoft drivers for it.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
there are no special drivers needed to connect to a bluetooth device like you are looking for, but the bluetooth services of both devices have to be setup properly. Special services by pc-suite or thing can only be used if pc-suite is properly installed. If reinstalling pc-suite fixes this problem you may open a support ticket at nokia.com to make them aware of that changing BT device is not properly implemented at their pc-suite-s/w.

I'm also running Win 7 64-bit (on 2 laptops) and both have the same problem. It sucks that I have to use a USB cable to connect, but seeing how the N900 drinks power, it's not a bad idea to connect with a USB cable.

- mp

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Bluetooth pretty much Blows on the N900. I opened some bugs. Doesn't look like they give a crap about fixing it either...

After all, it's only a communications device, so what if the WiFi and BT have problems!

I've got $500 worth of BT earpieces that all have some sort of weird problem with trying to use them.

Christ, they had to cancel their own BT bundle because their own BT headset that was bundled with the phone wouldn't work it. Pure Freakin' Genius there!

For those that "pipe in" that it works fine for you? I'm happy for you, now go away...

Hmmm... I don't have any problem with my Motorola BT305 speaker phone and it only cost me $50!

I just can't get connected with Win 7 64-bit... like I'm missing 64-bit drivers for PC Suite or the N900.

- mp