Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ MD, USA
So after the PR1.2 firmware, my n900 is not letting me use the fm transmitter while charging in the car. it shows a message as soon as i connect the usb charger saying "Unplug USB to continue using fm transmitter"

I am guessing that this is a choice made by Nokia because the USB cable acts as an antenna and amplifies the signal (which is what i need). in addition to amplifying the signal, I want to charge my phone at the same time.

The Question: is there any way to hack/modify something on the phone to allow fm transmitter and USB at the same time??

hm.. my unit run fm transmitter when charging connected either to wall socket charger or car charger (with attached jack-usb adapter). before and after 1.2 upgrade. the only (and annoying) issue is a noise heared in fm radio and cb radio. didn't researched yet is this noise propagated by radio waves or power supply cables

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
hm.. my unit run fm transmitter when charging connected either to wall socket charger or car charger (with attached jack-usb adapter). before and after 1.2 upgrade. the only (and annoying) issue is a noise heared in fm radio and cb radio. didn't researched yet is this noise propagated by radio waves or power supply cables
II have no problem with mine, despite the annoying while charging it interference with with the FM transmittion. It causing the FM to lose it's strength.

I think if you download and use the FM-Boost script it will help... IIRC.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Charging the N900 causes interference with the FM transmitter, s there is no point in using it while charging anyway.

I sometimes get a similar error, but only on my car charger, and I'm pretty sure it's because my car charger sucks. Haven't tested my wall charger.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
There absolutely is a point to charge while using the transmitter.

Mine is playing over FM right now while charging.

Plug in charger. Start FM-Boost widget/script. Play music.

Works great!

mine works plugged in to wall.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
I've never noticed any difference in listening to the N900 via the FM transmitter while charging or not. If you get some noise in the music, try to change stations. Works for me!

I'm still on pr1.1 , I can't use the fm transmitter while using the nokia car charger due to noise generated.

Need to get a filter in there somewhere.
As to why this is a big deal, I wanna use pandora or listen to mp3s on a road trip. Pretend you are a trucker, how would you feel then?