and i was like Nokia can we get this

you can get it if you go there and swap your N900 for one of theirs

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
you can get it if you go there and swap your N900 for one of theirs
yo, im wondering what are the chances that chuck noris has an n900 ? lolz

Chuck Norris wipes his *** with N900's, but predominantly with grizzly bears

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
if Chuck wants that, Chuck gets that.

(and by the way, the "Nokia can we get this" is a joke)

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Stupid crap aside:

There was a thread on this earlier already: Yes, that is an N900 - there were other articles already linked to in other threads some time ago on this forum saying that that's what they were developing this stuff on - N900(s?) with modified screens with an extra layer that they passed the current through.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
the first thing i saw http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...nokia/?pid=666

but then i saw this http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...tre-cambridge/
and i was like Nokia can we get this
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
you like cats right?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Electrifying the screen....if battery life wasn't an issue before, it sure will be now :/

I hope it eventually gets released as a kit to upgrade existing N900s, and i hope with a few software tweaks it still allows for electric shocks to be applied with the device, great anti-theft mechanism! :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
By the time this gets mass-marketed, battery life and battery efficiency, storage capacity per size, and energy consumption in other components will be evened out enough that something like this will lead to approximately similar battery life, I suspect.

Plus, capacitive touch screens constantly run a current through them - that's how they sense touches - by detecting the current that's being passed through it change when a semi conducting surface/object (like a finger) touches them.

As for a kit - as much as I would LOVE something like this, I highly highly doubt our N900s would get a kit for this. It's just... One, Nokia would have to mass produce half-sized batteries, and all the other prototypes. Two, the hardware is probably ridiculously technical, and connecting/wiring it would require soldering, most likely. (Extremely precise soldering, of parts barely humanly-reachable.) Three, Nokia will probably **** patents and trade secrets all over this stuff (start publicly pressuring them now, masses, and don't stop until this is out in handsets everywhere, and the technology is reasonably free of licensing fees), at least some of it, and if nothing else, phone makers today are not in the business of providing hardware upgrades, as shitty of a model as that is.