Notices

Hey guys,

I have been reading a lot over the past few days on all the threads relating to Google Voice over here. But I have been unable to figure how to get it up and running. I don`t know the reason as to why.

I have tried using Dial Central and the Google Voice Plugin. I just want to make calls and I can do that easily on my Laptop or PC. And I just dial from the small tab on my Gmail account which says `Call phone`. I am in Canada, can someone please explain to me how to get it done. If I use google voice plugin it just makes the call and I hear nothing else and when I call through Google Talk, I get incorrect address.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to istanbul For This Useful Post:
Call Phone from gmail in your browser doesn't work the same. I don't know why. epage is the guy who doe DialCentral and the GV plugin, and I think he's the guy to ask. I think it has to do with not having released an API or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Install the Google Voice Telepathy plugin, and TheOneRing, and connect it to your SIP account or cell number. Works perfect for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Since I don't know how familiar you are with Google Voice, I recommend you read this comment first. It explains in laymans terms what Google Voice does.

If you have an n900, then there are 3 ways by which you can use Google Voice - as Descalzo and christexaport mentioned, DialCentral (DC) and The One Ring (TOR), and my own qgvdial.

DialCentral works on n8x0, n900, and last I checked at least on Ubuntu.
It is a stand-alone application with which you can send and receive texts and initiate calls over Google Voice. TOR also has all those features, but its awesome feature is it's integration with the n900 (and n8x0) phonebook and IM framework.
qgvdial works on n900, Windows, and Linux and has pretty much all the features of DC. Quite recently, qgvdial also introduced much of the features of TOR. qgvdial can also play gv voicemail and initiate outbound calls.

Not only can use Google Voice on n900, you actually have a choice of applications.
Hooray for openness, QT and community hackers!
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
In my sig there is a link for a little tut on using it with the N900 from countries outside the regular coverage of GV, perhaps it could have some info that might help you, dunno

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
i have it working great . and i use Dial Central app

Just make sure that you dont use the same numbers on two diffrent Gmail. accounts .

Other then that it should work. I just follow Gmail. Voice direction and walah works fine.

You live in Canada so i dont know if its diffrent

The Following User Says Thank You to danx For This Useful Post: