PDA

View Full Version : MyMenu

Pages : 1 [2]

manzn
2010-01-12, 22:58
hey folks,

the first message: a new update is still in testing and comming soon (maybe tomorrow)

the second message: after the good response for this (beginning simple) project we decided to rewrite this tool in a "real" programming language.
At the moment we read day&night in the manuals for the SDK.

Our featuremap will depend on your input given and we build a roadmap for the new major release soon.
We hope your ideas for a menu-designing-application will not stop at this time where the "first shoot" is build.

At the moment we decied following features:
* create your own category and menupositions
* create stackable submenus
* order your apps in your own category
* use of own icons
* use of build in categories from .directory (if reasonable)
* reorder the icons in the menues (if possible)

our greatest problem: find the right and future stable programming environment
in the last days we checkt C & GTK+
depending on the choice from NOKIA to support QT in the future development
we are not sure if it is better to build (new) applications in C++ & QT

WHATS YOUR STATMENT?

(And yes: we read the development talk)

Time to help? Time to share your expirience?
Please contacta me under my garage account or a PN on maemo.org

Jaffa
2010-01-12, 23:06
can't wait to have it :D
please leave a comment here when it's available, thx! ;)

Catorise v0.0.1 is now in Extras-devel:

http://maemo.org/packages/view/catorise/

More info available in its release announcement:

http://www.maemopeople.org/index.php/jaffa/2010/01/12/catorise_auto_organise_n900_applications

EDIT: it can be discussed in this separate thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40265)

qole
2010-01-12, 23:17
Oh, the IRONY!

Is anyone actually working on the "show the categories and apps within them based off the category information in the package"?
Scratch that, I am:
Hardcoding apps to categories is so godawfully ugly from an architectural point of view, and can hardly scale once Ovi goes online.Indeed.

I'll fully credit manzn as the inspiration and hope to get a package in extras-devel today.

Applications installed from Ovi will go into the "Other" section, due to the way Ovi on Maemo has been designed. I've some thoughts on how to work around this, though.

I wonder what your solution to the "godawfully ugly" problem of Ovi apps being uncategorised? And how will it scale?

Well, now that there's two of you doing the same thing in two projects, it should be interesting to see what happens.

I guess competition isn't always a bad thing.... Although I much prefer collaboration.

zehjotkah
2010-01-12, 23:19
installed catorise, works perfctly, but its not everything where it should be.
games from ovi store under more...
garnetVM is only under all.
installed by apt-get install catorise. because it didn't showed up in program manager but i thought that it could be online yet...
and it does not use the icons from digital nature...

Matan
2010-01-12, 23:22
I suggest that all such programs have an option to limit pages to 15 icons (creating sub-folders if needed, so that scrolling becomes unnecessary.

zehjotkah
2010-01-12, 23:27
sorry, did not read your site..

Jaffa
2010-01-12, 23:28
I wonder what your solution to the "godawfully ugly" problem of Ovi apps being uncategorised? And how will it scale?

Well, you'll have to wait and see, unless you want to be bored with technical details. However, I'm suspecting you weren't looking for the technical details, rather the opportunity to make a jibe.

I stand by the assertion that an architecture of hardcoding a mapping of all possible applications to sections doesn't scale. Since we could only get a proper look at how Ovi is using dpkg, apt and repositories in the last day or so, it requires a more ingenious technical solution. Of which about 3 are immediately obvious; it just depends which is the most efficient to develop & deploy.

Well, now that there's two of you doing the same thing in two projects, it should be interesting to see what happens.

Manfred seems to be concentrating on letting you structure the menu however you want using whatever icons you want. That's not what I wanted. YMMV.

I guess competition isn't always a bad thing.... Although I much prefer collaboration.

Who doesn't? However, manzn wants to go in a different direction and that's fine. Since I'd written the code earlier in the thread to assist MyMenu it seemed a shame not to use it.

zehjotkah
2010-01-12, 23:32
deleting a program does not update the icons to the digital nature theme...

NvyUs
2010-01-12, 23:45
should we make a new thread for catorise ?
people will get confused discussing 2 app in one thread reporting problems etc for the wrong app.

Jaffa
2010-01-12, 23:49
should we make a new thread for catorise ?
people will get confused discussing 2 app in one thread reporting problems etc for the wrong app.

Agreed, here you go: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40265

qole
2010-01-13, 00:19
However, I'm suspecting you weren't looking for the technical details, rather the opportunity to make a jibe.

Yes, that certainly sounds like me! :D

msa
2010-01-13, 14:29
i'm not trying this as long as the rebooting-of-death exists :P

please tell us when this is fixed^^

noobmonkey
2010-01-13, 14:31
i'm not trying this as long as the rebooting-of-death exists :P

please tell us when this is fixed^^

Me too! :)

rmarcus
2010-01-13, 14:41
So, what is the status? Is it available anywhere?
:)

noobmonkey
2010-01-13, 19:29
So, what is the status? Is it available anywhere?
:)
it's in extras development - but still has issues :(

rmarcus
2010-01-14, 01:06
it's in extras development - but still has issues :(

OK...although it was working perfectly for me I uninstalled because of the firmware update...just in case...but I can't find it there.
Is there a command through x-term to install it?

:confused:

Meelis
2010-01-14, 21:11
The new Firmware mixed the order up.

Now the folders are alphabeticaly first and then the apps.

Ou well will tweak it a bit

zehjotkah
2010-01-14, 21:14
@manzn can I help you in any way?

rmarcus
2010-01-14, 21:22
So...what is the command to install it through X-term?
thanx

zehjotkah
2010-01-14, 21:50
install rootsh through program manager
then

root
dpkg -i packagename.deb

manzn
2010-01-14, 22:22
hello @ all

sorry for my absence - i read much documentation for "How to build a debian package" because i have no plan of this :-D

yeah i know - it seam like nokia build a layout part in the hildon-desktop
at the moment i work on a workaround for this

the main bug for "loop of death" is fixed

qole
2010-01-14, 22:24
manzn: Did jeremiah help you?

manzn
2010-01-14, 22:26
@qole i wrote him a mail today again :-(

rmarcus
2010-01-14, 23:15
install rootsh through program manager
then

root
dpkg -i packagename.deb

It says it cannot find the file...where do I download it from?:confused:

zehjotkah
2010-01-14, 23:20
from site six of this thread..

Meelis
2010-01-14, 23:24
Same here, try to read some of the previous posts.

Tho manzn could also put some of the basics to the first page ;)

other possibility is apt-get, checked it is up there

apt-get install mymenu

geneven
2010-01-14, 23:26
The two apps confused the heck out of me. I prefer the mymenu approach.

marcoil
2010-01-15, 10:29
The new Firmware mixed the order up.

Now the folders are alphabeticaly first and then the apps.

Ou well will tweak it a bit

Hi, everyone,

The PR1.1 update changed a little how menus are read, now it uses the freedesktop.org spec (http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-latest.html) as much as possible.

Now hildon-desktop looks for a hildon.menu file not only in the system directory (/etc/xdg/menus), but also in the user's configuration directory (/home/user/.config/menu). The menu in the latter overrides the system, so it's a lot better to make personal changes there instead of modifying the one in /etc. The override is done using a <MergeFile> directive, so it's important to keep that one in or h-d won't be able to find the desktop files.

H-d also follows the spec regarding the order of applications. Everything that's not set in a <Layout> section will be put at the end in alphabetical order. You can look at the new system hildon.menu to see how ordering is done now.

The default user hildon.menu also tells h-d to look first in the user's local data directory for desktop files. That makes any desktop file put in /home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon override the system's desktop file for that app. This could be used, for example, to add Categories to desktop files that don't have it or to change an application's icon.

I hope these changes make it a lot easier to customize the launcher as much as you want. Don't hesitate to contact me for more info, or to ask in maemo-devs; and sorry for the delay in communicating all this.

Rob1n
2010-01-15, 10:53
Now hildon-desktop looks for a hildon.menu file not only in the system directory (/etc/xdg/menus), but also in the user's configuration directory (/home/user/.config/menu). The menu in the latter overrides the system, so it's a lot better to make personal changes there instead of modifying the one in /etc. The override is done using a <MergeFile> directive, so it's important to keep that one in or h-d won't be able to find the desktop files.

Just a note to say that this is also a lovely new way to brick your phone :mad:. Issues with the menu system can cause a reboot loop, requiring a reflash of both firmware and eMMC (as the local menu changes are on the eMMC).

marcoil
2010-01-15, 11:34
Just a note to say that this is also a lovely new way to brick your phone :mad:. Issues with the menu system can cause a reboot loop, requiring a reflash of both firmware and eMMC (as the local menu changes are on the eMMC).

Oh, yes, thanks for pointing that out. Although we've tried to minimize the effect errors in the menu files have on h-d, you should be careful when editing them.

Simple editing errors (I've made more than a few myself) will just get you an empty menu, which can be solved by deleting the /home/user/.config/menus directory. To get an xterm from the desktop without the launcher, use the convinient Ctrl+Shift+X. If you restart h-d and that dir isn't present, h-d will re-create it with the default hildon.menu file.

manzn
2010-01-16, 22:23
Hy everybody,

it takes a long time for the new version of MyMenu but now it's ready
you can download it under

http://maemo.3ion.at/mymenu-0.4.4_armel.deb

Here is the changelog of the last 2 versionsteps:

* Check for Error after Install or Update
** if there is an error, MyMenu change back to the original menu structure
* Install log under /home/user/MyDocs/mymenu.log
* Include Menu structure of PR 1.1
* Folder will just list if there is an application for it
* Translation for following languages: en_GB, en_US, es_MX, nl_NL, pt_BR, no_NO, fi_FI, it_IT, fr_CA, da_DK, pt_PT, sv_SE, fr_FR, es_ES,ru_RU, de_DE
* change of the *.directory files to /usr/share/applications/hildon/directory
* no multiple invocations of update-menu
* new icon-set
* change Section: x11 to Section: user/desktop

amorek13
2010-01-16, 22:52
manzn great work works good
few things some games are under other airport, coin toss, discs, fifteen, solitare,
also speedy for speed test, and wightjinni are under other can you move some of them to games and newtorking i think wightjinni can stay under other

manzn
2010-01-16, 22:58
@amorek13

hy and thx - i hope i can get a apps update today - but at the latest tomorrow :-D

amorek13
2010-01-16, 23:00
thanks you are the best

nicorumiz
2010-01-16, 23:15
@manzn

I'm kind of a noob of Linux and N900...

Id I add this rep

My Maemo 5 (Fremantle) Repository:

Catalogue Name: Qole
Web address: http://qole.org/repository
Distribution: maemo
Components: fremantle

Will I find the last updated mymenu application?

If not I think I can do it trough the Terminal....Where should I save the package on the device?

Thanks

manzn
2010-01-16, 23:21
@nicorumiz

i wrote qole this moment a pn - when you can wait it will maybe tomorrow on qole's rep

for Terminal install follow this:

1) you need rootsh -> pls install

2) dowload follow deb: http://maemo.3ion.at/mymenu-0.4.4_armel.deb
3) start xterm
4) sudo gainroot
5) change to the directory where you download it (with cd /home/user/.....)
6) install with this command:
dpkg -i mymenu-0.4.4_armel.deb

for uninstall insert this command:
dpkg -r mymenu

nicorumiz
2010-01-16, 23:36
@manzn

Thanks...

I saved the package in /home/user/MyDocs but in the terminal I was in /home/user

Installation completed with no errors, work great!

Thanks!

DaSilva
2010-01-17, 01:28
Can't you release it to extras now that you have created a working .deb file (which is great!)?

qole
2010-01-17, 04:26
MyMenu is in my repo (there already for several hours, before manzn sent me a message) but I noticed that when all the maemo repositories are dead, my repo won't refresh either... A bug in the Application Manager...

Dosenblech
2010-01-17, 12:44
@manzn
i just updated the app.
everything works fine!
good job - thnx :-)

vyper1
2010-01-17, 15:30
@Manzn
Thanks for your app and it installed without a glitch:) My only question is and forgive me for being a noob but how do I get the apps from the Ovi store to go in the correct categories? So Angry Birds is under games etc etc.
Thanks

b666m
2010-01-17, 15:43
can anybody please post some screenshots of this app? ;)
how the menus / icons look like etc :)

casper27
2010-01-17, 15:50
This is the menu once its active. Alot beter than the original.:)

Meelis
2010-01-17, 15:59
works good. After instaling had to reboot, but other than that looks very good.

amorek13
2010-01-17, 17:58
@Manzn
Thanks for your app and it installed a glitch:) My only question is and forgive me for being a noob but how do I get the apps from the Ovi store to go in the correct categories? So Angry Birds is under games etc etc.

Thanks

it was addressed few posts back i believe he is working on it should see an update shortly

amorek13
2010-01-17, 18:01
it a good think you said something my angry birds are completlly missing after menu install

casper27
2010-01-17, 18:07
Press the update menu button in system. This now updates and has put all apps in right place including Angry birds ect from ovi store.

vyper1
2010-01-17, 18:14
it was addressed few posts back i believe he is working on it should see an update shortly

sorry amorek that was supposed to be 'without a glitch' i've edited original post.

manzn
2010-01-17, 20:14
Hy erverybody,

Apps Update is online (i hope, i have all offscr apps in it)

I hope that the extra repo is soon aviable, then i upload this version up to the repo :-D

nice day
Manzn

Meelis
2010-01-17, 20:33
After doing the "update-menu", it through up a recorder window what I could not get rid off, the mobile itself on the background was working, could click on the Status bar, after restart was fine and the update went without errors.

paai
2010-01-18, 04:02
Great application! Installed as per specs, and runs fine. Should be standard on the N900!

Paai

amorek13
2010-01-18, 10:20
manzn thanks again can you move speedy to network please thanks

manzn
2010-01-18, 17:38
Hy all,

new update for the Apps:

Office:
Abiword

Other:
Countdown Timer

Games:
Evil Plumber

Network:
Speedy

System
Powatool
System Event Scheduler
Glogarchive
File Transfers

nicorumiz
2010-01-18, 18:16
In order to update the App should i remove the old one before or just do dpkg -i and will overwrite all the files?

Thanks

manzn
2010-01-18, 18:30
@nicorumiz

not this is only for the apps the update, not for the app as itself - you can find the update-button under system

zehjotkah
2010-01-18, 18:38
can we replace the icons with the ones from the program manager?
i like those more, but i don't like catorise so much...
and i think that defining in which category the programs will go, will be only possible with mymenu.

Soulfarmer
2010-01-18, 18:43
Hmm, I didn't get this installed. 0.4.4 version didn't go thru.

Edit: removed it via app-manager and tried again with xterm dpkg and it went fine. Now I just have to see whether I like it or not :)
Thanks anyway for the dev(s)!!

amorek13
2010-01-18, 18:54
manzn can you move currency convert to education what you think?

manzn
2010-01-18, 19:05
@zehjotkah at the moment the iconset is freezed - we work on a new version, where you choose which iconset you want to have

@soulfarmer - go to your app-manager - refresh and install mymenu from the extra repository

@amorek13 as soon as possible :-D

PS: MyMenu in now in Extra-Repository available

Soulfarmer
2010-01-18, 19:19
@soulfarmer - go to your app-manager - refresh and install mymenu from the extra repository

I got it to work just by removing it and reinstalling from xterm. Guess I was bit too hasty, but worked nevertheless. :)

tom_at_lp
SENSATIONAL - from a simple Script the hole process to an APP - congratulation ....

manzn
@amorek13 done - is on the server :-D

Meelis
2010-01-18, 19:21
Like I have said already before, good work. The best mod available!

Some directory changes maybe?:
Maep - from Networking to Navigation?
Mancala - from Other to Games
Sketch - from Office to Graphics?

For me they would seem more logical like this but thats me.

peterk1
2010-01-18, 19:28
@manzn
in extras oder extras-devel?

manzn
2010-01-18, 19:31
@Meelis thx for the input - i'll correct it

@peterk1 Extras-devel

manzn
2010-01-18, 19:49
@Meelis done

@all if there any apps what you are missing pls report here or mail to maemo@3ion.at

thx manzn

aniMAL_
2010-01-18, 20:27
manzn - Is MyMenu on Extra-devel or Maemo Repository yet? I only ask as I haven't seen it?

If not, is it still a manual install process?

EDIT: Got it now ;)

manzn
2010-01-18, 20:38
@aniMAL_ Extra-devel - you will find it under the Section Desktop

noobmonkey
2010-01-18, 20:46
Looking great :) - Few issues that may have been mentioned already but just checking
(By the way i'm not trying to be rude, and realise english is not everyone's first language)

Updateprocess running = Updating
Please wait until this window close = Please wait, the window will close when finished.
Bugs please report to..... = Please report bugs to ...
Learn&Science - Could be Education

I think it could do with a social category - as Hermes/facebook/twitter etc don't fit i feel.

Gpodder appears in 2 categories? (Could be intentional?)

Great work so far though, very impressed.

manzn
2010-01-18, 21:12
@noobmonkey

Critique is always welcome :-D and jeah english is my second spoken language :-(

on the next version it will be better

noobmonkey
2010-01-18, 22:34
@noobmonkey

Critique is always welcome :-D and jeah english is my second spoken language :-(

on the next version it will be better

Hehe it is a fine line on these forums :) - i find after 10 posts in a day i do start to get a bit "Search, SEARCH SEARCH GOD DA.M.N.." hehehe, so it's nice to get away and see some decent applications.

Really is a good idea :) - more then happy to help provide common phrases or lines of English for bits if needed :)

amorek13
2010-01-19, 01:22
thank you again

manzn
2010-01-19, 22:53
New Apps Update:

Multimedia
jammo

GPS
mapbuddy

Graphics
mrawviewer
liqmap

System
transitioncontrol
packagerate
pysafe

Other
worldclock
tickstill
rapier
mTracker
onedotzero
liqacceltests
liqbase_playground
liqcontrolpanel
liqflow
liqtorch
quickbrownfox

Games
liqtactoe
ppcards
sgt-puzzles
skattrainer

Office
liqcalendar
kimi
mnotes
KOffice Viewer
sliderule

Netzwork
tubes
TramTracker
seriesfinale
raeddit
qemacs
qtify
jamaendo
liqpostcard
londonTubeApp
MySocial
mwtube

at the moment there are 317 apps in MyMenu :-D

Caesar
2010-01-20, 08:04
is there any way to have the internet shortcut in the main menu instead of network? or will it be possible in an upcoming version to put it there, since i have no development application, which leads me to a free space, where internet would be perfect;)
thanks for both an answer and for mymenu in general, very amazing app

ddwalker
2010-01-20, 20:03
Is there a way to move an application to a different category? Can I just edit /home/opt/menu-update/category?
Thanks,
Ke

manzn
2010-01-20, 20:33
Is there a way to move an application to a different category? Can I just edit /home/opt/menu-update/category?
Thanks,
Ke

no not at the moment :-(

the category file will be replaced every update

Bratag
2010-01-20, 21:16
Not sure why - but the last two times I have tried it the update process just keeps running forever. Seems to perform the first part of getting rid of the custom file - but doesnt get a new one.

ddwalker
2010-01-20, 21:30
no not at the moment :-(

the category file will be replaced every update

Is this going to be added in later versions?

Jaffa
2010-01-21, 13:32
You can move things using Catorise (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40265) by editing /opt/catorise/menu and it won't get overridden. However, the list of categories (http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Packaging%2C_Deploying_and_Distributing#Sections) is fixed.

ddwalker
2010-01-21, 22:42
You can move things using Catorise (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40265) by editing /opt/catorise/menu and it won't get overridden. However, the list of categories (http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Packaging%2C_Deploying_and_Distributing#Sections) is fixed.

Yes, I tried catorise as well. One thing I need from it is to be able to move an applications, such as phone app, to the top level. And I like the icons in catorise better.

Crom
2010-01-23, 09:24
This app looks nice, but i can,t install it..
It starts to install and the screen flaches two times under the installation prosess and then the message "Can't install Mymenu" displays, only in Norwegian.
Is it because i have norvegian setup on my phone?

b666m
2010-01-23, 09:28
any detailed error/problem message?

Crom
2010-01-23, 10:39
No, only the yelow line over the screen who usualy says 1 program installed sucsessfully or something like that.

manzn
2010-01-24, 00:20
@Crom

please mail me the installlog you can find it under: /home/user/MyDocs/mymenu.log

mailadd: maemo@3ion.at

thx manzn

manzn
2010-01-24, 17:03
Hy,

a new app-update is online

other
Banner => moved from Games to Other
orrery

gps
4x4inclinometer

Education
ankimaemi

network
ask-ziggy
maegios
mauku

office
evince

system
fmms
phonelink
fapn

games
freecellmaemo
freeciv-client-sdl
mmagnetic
numptyphysics
prboom

science
gnuplot
qalculate-maemo

development
mad-developer

multimedia
seriesfinale

Crom
2010-01-24, 23:28
Will try installing the new update when i get home from work.
Hope you got my mail.. Did you see anything wrong on the log?

hollow
2010-01-25, 03:10
im having touch screen issues with this app

after installing my menu

i have to repeatedly tap the icon for the folder i want ,doesnt matter which ones there all very unresponsive . and only open after numerous attempts

everything is fine once i uninstall this app

and touch screen goes back to normal sensitivity and responsiveness

Crom
2010-01-25, 21:27
I got it working with the new update.
Realy nice app!
No suport for norwegian letter, but it's only the name of what i belive to be tools that misses a letter. No biggie.

[DarkGUNMAN]
2010-01-26, 12:08
Hi!

This is my first post in the forum. I've been watching this forum for a couple of months, waiting for N900 to become available and seeing the development of some good apps among a creative and supportive community.

Now the proud owner of an N900 and have happily tweaked it to my needs, unfortunately i've managed to break the Menu.. I installed MyMenu yesterday and was happy with the way it had organised the icons, things went a bit wrong when I tried update-menu. The screen froze up and I forced an reset.

At this moment, the menu has reverted to normal - except the 'More...' icon is missing. This means I cannot access Application Manager or X-Terminal. All applications are inaccessable except for the native apps, shortcuts to Application Manager or X-Terminal do not work.

Think I need to re-flash this or is there a quick way to resolve this?
Either way, I would really appreciate a step by step process to help repair it.

Thank you, J

marcoil
2010-01-26, 13:20
;495332']Hi!

This is my first post in the forum. I've been watching this forum for a couple of months, waiting for N900 to become available and seeing the development of some good apps among a creative and supportive community.

Now the proud owner of an N900 and have happily tweaked it to my needs, unfortunately i've managed to break the Menu.. I installed MyMenu yesterday and was happy with the way it had organised the icons, things went a bit wrong when I tried update-menu. The screen froze up and I forced an reset.

At this moment, the menu has reverted to normal - except the 'More...' icon is missing. This means I cannot access Application Manager or X-Terminal. All applications are inaccessable except for the native apps, shortcuts to Application Manager or X-Terminal do not work.

Think I need to re-flash this or is there a quick way to resolve this?
Either way, I would really appreciate a step by step process to help repair it.

Thank you, J
As a first step, you could try pressing Ctrl-Shift-X, this will open an xterm. From there you can try to get the original menu back, or get MyMenu into shape.

[DarkGUNMAN]
2010-01-26, 14:13
Thank you for the prompt reply, it gives me some hope that i can repair this. Now that I have a command prompt, what do i need to enter to access Application Manager? Failing that which commands do i need to enter to download and install MyMenu again?

I feel like a complete newbie at this

Rob1n
2010-01-26, 14:22
;495522']Thank you for the prompt reply, it gives me some hope that i can repair this. Now that I have a command prompt, what do i need to enter to access Application Manager? Failing that which commands do i need to enter to download and install MyMenu again?

I feel like a complete newbie at this

"exec hildon-application-manager" works here.

[DarkGUNMAN]
2010-01-26, 14:40
Thank you Rob1n. Managed to download MyMenu again, all apps are working fine again. your help is very much appreciated!

Goes to show how supportive this community can be.

kazuki
2010-01-26, 21:21
this is the menu nokia should have given us. this app is great. the only thing missing from this app is the ability to move apps around to different folders and creating/deleting folders in the menu.

christexaport
2010-01-30, 00:00
Is there a guide for this app? Is there a GUI? I installed it, but it doesn't show up in my menu at all...

jahberre
2010-01-31, 18:11
I've installed mymenu, any program on my desktop works, in main menu doesn't appear the option of other programs, what happened?

plaban
2010-01-31, 19:45
Please change the default icons.I don't like these.Please replace these icons with some more prettier icons[may be with some 3d effects].

christexaport
2010-01-31, 19:47
I reinstalled and it works now. Is there any configurability of this app other than refreshing the desktop? And when are more customizations available? Next update?

Sorry if I'm asking a repeated question, but the two similar apps gave me confusion, so I'm asking only about MyMenu.

[DarkGUNMAN]
2010-02-03, 08:34
i have found that my applications will no longer function if i don't have MyMenu installed. When it is uninstalled or there is a problem with the Menu Update, only the basic system icons are visible. The 'Other' icon is missing and all desktop shortcuts stop working.

I'm guessing that i need a fresh copy of the hildon.menu file to repair this.. could anyone post a copy so i can test?

luigi
2010-02-03, 09:33
;508112']could anyone post a copy so i can test?

Please find it attached. Could you, in turn, give me a .tgz of your /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/User Guides. I accidently lost a part of it :D.

[DarkGUNMAN]
2010-02-03, 13:41
Upload limit is about 500k and the zip of User Guides is 5.2mb. Which parts are you missing?

luigi
2010-02-03, 14:10
If you could provide me with a zip of the directory User Guides/.css, that would be fine. It now defaults to a style sheet that is more difficult to navigate. Thanx.

bachagabriel
2010-02-04, 04:21
is it possible to customize folders in mymenu?

amorek13
2010-02-04, 04:54
is it possible to customize folders in mymenu?

not at the moment but i believe they are working on it manzn correct me if i am wrong

manzn
2010-02-04, 15:52
@amorek13 &bachagabriel

no not at the moment - harder than we thought to build MyMenu on C++.

A big thx to tom_at_lp for his big help - he works hard on MyMenu to build all your/my wishes :-D

manzn
2010-02-04, 19:58
Hy everybody!

i have created a new version of MyMenu - I hope, this is the last which based on a sh-script.

here the changelog of version 0.4.5

* Set depence for Maemo 5 (2.2009.51-1)
* change MyMenu from System to /home/user/.config/menu
* clear bug with moving other folder
* no restart of hildon-desktop needed after update
* faster handling in the menustructur

and here a few new apps are in the following categries:

system
appdownloader
extcalllog
scv-reader

media
beroxmplayer
brisa_media_applet
brisa_media_server_conf
mediabox-mc
tunewiki-community

office
comix
kchmviewer
maepad
mstardict
evernote

other
dexter
luxus

navi
easypark
orrery

network:
tunewiki-community
pymucl

games:
uqm
tennix

sorodoros
2010-02-04, 23:34
Cannot install it. Getting an error about missing libraries or dependencies.

DaSilva
2010-02-05, 09:37
* Set depence for Maemo 5 (2.2009.51-1)

Do you have the current firmware installed?

amorek13
2010-02-05, 14:25
i am also getting an error mp-fremantle-generic-pr(2.2009.51.1)

sorodoros
2010-02-05, 15:34
Problem tab in details indicates this.

Wichall
2010-02-07, 14:59
Using the current firmware but also get this error, doesn't make sense...

Moolan
2010-02-09, 22:46
Using the current firmware but also get this error, doesn't make sense...

Same here:(:confused:

Diko
2010-02-10, 13:07
Great app indeed.

bluewizard
2010-02-10, 18:26
i am also getting an error mp-fremantle-generic-pr(2.2009.51.1)

Same Error. I have the current firmware. Any ideas?

rolan900d
2010-02-13, 11:14
No problem on my end...
But I need more map options.
My system folder is floaded.
Would like to see communication, Games 1 and games 2, Editors and explorers.

Also the De-lite needs to be in games...

evangelion1979
2010-02-18, 05:57
hi
I have a problem with a mp-fremantle-generic-pr(>=2.2009.51.1).

somebody with a little help

daniel diplay
2010-02-21, 13:35
I have the current firmware on my N900 and the mymenu upgrade always says that my firmware is not upgrated... what can I do?

late666
2010-02-21, 15:52
Yeah, any solution for that?
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it won't let me reinstall for the same reasons..
I miss my mymenu...

HtheB
2010-02-21, 16:21
Is it possible to add Turkish language for MyMenu if the phone is set to Turkish?

Wichall
2010-02-23, 16:42
I think this is a dead project :(

sorodoros
2010-02-23, 16:52
Has anyone PM'd the developer?

Kamikaze
2010-02-24, 23:23
Does anyone have the icons used in MyMenu please? In particular I want the die icon for Games.

Thanks

squirreluk
2010-02-28, 13:27
Hi, some of the apps appear is seperate categories and in the others category, is there anyway to remove them from others?

amorek13
2010-02-28, 19:57
manzn you ok?

manzn
2010-03-02, 20:43
Hy folks,

I must apologize for my absence - had much to do.

But now I'm back and the same with a new apps update:-D
About 60 new apps have been categorized.

Because of the update problem, I hope to have the solution soon.

thank you for all
manzn

rolan900d
2010-03-03, 14:59
Looking forward to it!
Also to some more folder options..
In some folders like system I have more than 30 apps

felbutss
2010-03-03, 15:08
could this be made as a control panel app??? so we can customize ourselves????

anapospastos
2010-03-04, 11:14
tnx mazn

We re expecting this update.. with greek language available and many apps categorized right:)

late666
2010-03-04, 13:43
I'm still unable to install it..
Is there any way to fix it?

Caesar
2010-03-09, 12:13
any news for the update, manzn?=)

late666
2010-03-09, 13:45
Is there any way to force install it? It worked fine even after the firmware update, the only problem was it couldn't update the app itself, but I don't mind that, I really want this app back..

munkiii
2010-03-12, 09:05
Is it anyway possible for me (and other UK users i suspect) to install on older version of MyMenu that works with PR1.1 ?

UK unbranded (non-vodafone) N900's still haven't had the PR1.1.1 update so now (after a reflash) i cannot install MyMenu anymore.

Is it possible for the creator, or anybody who has access to them, to post up here an older version for us PR1.1 users to install?

rolan900d
2010-03-12, 12:03
Here are the older versions...
Pick the ones you like:

http://maemo.org/packages/view/mymenu/

manzn
2010-03-13, 18:53
Hy everybody.

New MyMenu is online in version mymenu_0.4.5-2 incl. app-update!

Its now in the package builder - hope it will be online soon.

changelog of 0.4.5-2
* remove Set depence for Maemo 5 (2.2009.51-1)
* add language greek

nice weekend
manzn

rolan900d
2010-03-13, 19:33
Good news....

Thanks buddy

plaban
2010-03-14, 12:01
please change the icons.replace with more beautiful icons.

anapospastos
2010-03-14, 12:26
The icons are just fine manzn. Keep up the good work..

manzn
2010-03-14, 13:33
hey dude,

sorry but the iconset is for the moment fixed.

We work on a version written in QT and C++
here is the first screenshot of our pre alpha version:

http://www.linuxprofi.at/images/stories/n900/categorieeditor.png

http://www.linuxprofi.at/images/stories/n900/Eintrag%20%C3%A4ndern.png

In this future version of mymenu, it will be possible to change every icon of mymenu and of every programm :-D

and it will be possible to change apps to an other category

ps: @plaban have you better icons (must be free!!!) pls send to maemo@3ion.at

anapospastos
2010-03-14, 14:25
Below each category it will says how many items exist? for example--> science - items 15

rolan900d
2010-03-14, 14:31
hey dude,

sorry but the iconset is for the moment fixed.

We work on a version written in QT and C++
here is the first screenshot of our pre alpha version:

http://www.linuxprofi.at/images/stories/n900/categorieeditor.png

http://www.linuxprofi.at/images/stories/n900/Eintrag%20%C3%A4ndern.png

In this future version of mymenu, it will be possible to change every icon of mymenu and of every programm :-D

and it will be possible to change apps to an other category

Looks great...
When will you release this baby?

manzn
2010-03-14, 14:51
@rolan900d

....hmmm..... such soon as possible - at the moment tom_at_lp is working on this code - release date i don't know - if he says it is ready :-D

@anapospastos

at the moment there are over 400 apps in MyMenu categorized

sciene&learn - 15
office - 36
multimedia - 40
programming - 5
games - 113
graphics - 5
network - 79
system - 66
location - 13
other - 56

anapospastos
2010-03-14, 15:01
I mean if each category will show how many apps exist in it. If I have 13 apps in network it will say "network - 16 items"?

YoDude
2010-03-14, 15:28
hey dude...

I have used icons in the past from the Crystal Project (http://everaldo.com/crystal/) and they render very well on the N900

http://i8.tinypic.com/5x7ge3k.jpg

It's a pleasure to say that, after long months waiting, the new version of the Crystal icon set is available for the public.
The Icons were already finalized about six months ago. In fact, it was necessary to bend the time, almost like the mythological battle between Zeus and Kronos, so then I could finally finish the the website redesign and launch the new set of icons.
Uncountable hours of work and some nights without sleeping were dedicated to this project. I hope you guys enjoy the final result.

It's always a pleasure to serve you

>> Download << (http://ftp.crystalxp.net/crystalxp.net/71945/crystal-project-png-crystalxp.net-en-4538.zip)

rolan900d
2010-03-14, 20:18
Hy everybody.

New MyMenu is online in version mymenu_0.4.5-2 incl. app-update!

Its now in the package builder - hope it will be online soon.

changelog of 0.4.5-2
* remove Set depence for Maemo 5 (2.2009.51-1)
* add language greek

nice weekend
manzn

Still not online...
Why is it taking so long?

late666
2010-03-15, 00:52
Yeah, can't find version 5-2 as well.

rolan900d
2010-03-15, 10:08
late666....

what is that guy (avatar) telling you?
:D

PipoXtreme
2010-03-15, 10:24
for onedotzero there is no app icon available ?! can you implement this as well..;)

late666
2010-03-15, 11:54
late666....

what is that guy (avatar) telling you?

He's pretending to lick me ear.

nicorumiz
2010-03-15, 21:19
@manzn

there is a file that we can edit in order to create more categories or move programs from one category to another one?

For example, I would like to have all my easy debian programs inside one folder in the mainmenu (for ex. a folder with a name Easy Debian) because right now they are under system,utility and Internet.

Thanks

Nico

[Edit} never mind...I just found out about the new version that you are going to do (previous page). If you can add the possibility to add category will be great!

PipoXtreme
2010-03-18, 16:36
I have used icons in the past from the Crystal Project (http://everaldo.com/crystal/) and they render very well on the N900

http://i8.tinypic.com/5x7ge3k.jpg

>> Download << (http://ftp.crystalxp.net/crystalxp.net/71945/crystal-project-png-crystalxp.net-en-4538.zip)

How I can implement this icons to my N900 ??

anapospastos
2010-03-28, 10:52
Any news manzn??

manzn
2010-04-04, 09:00
Hey everybody,

NEWS: new Apps Update is online :-D

(incl. Sygic Mobile Maps 9)

Happy Easter!

rolan900d
2010-04-04, 22:48
Great news....

Will check this one out!

HtheB
2010-04-04, 23:04
Hey everybody,

NEWS: new Apps Update is online :-D

(incl. Sygic Mobile Maps 9)

Happy Easter!
A lot of apps are still not moved to the right section...

Like a couple games:
PicoDrive, Teeworlds, PSX4ALL, Brain Party, FortuneTeller, TecnoballZ

Office app:
OpenOffice

Network app:
JoikuSpot

Multimedia app:
msid

Will these be in the correct sections either? :P

oh yeah, 1 more request:
Can you add a new icon (a Debian icon) for the LXDE apps!?

this will be very usefull, since the System section is full of the debian stuff. It will be very nice to have a "Debian" section with all the Debian apps in it.

rmarcus
2010-04-04, 23:28
Guys...I can't find this new version, only the 0.4.5-1.

Any thoughts?

HtheB
2010-04-04, 23:33
Guys...I can't find this new version, only the 0.4.5-1.

Any thoughts?

You just need to open the "update- menu" app. It's in the System section.

rmarcus
2010-04-04, 23:51
You just need to open the "update- menu" app. It's in the System section.

Thanx buddy, but the thing is...I don't have it installed, and the version on the application manager does not install.

now what?

HtheB
2010-04-04, 23:53
Thanx buddy, but the thing is...I don't have it installed, and the version on the application manager does not install.

now what?

What kind of error does it give?

rmarcus
2010-04-04, 23:58
What kind of error does it give?

Unable to install 'mymenu'. some application packages required for the installation are missing.

HtheB
2010-04-05, 00:04
Unable to install 'mymenu'. some application packages required for the installation are missing.

What is missing?????
why not tapping on the "details" button?...

rmarcus
2010-04-05, 00:12
What is missing?????
why not tapping on the "details" button?...

ok...
mp-fremantle-generic-pr (>=2.2009.51-1)

thanx

anapospastos
2010-04-05, 08:46
Here in the repo (http://maemo.org/packages/view/mymenu/) there is no new version available. Any1 managed to install?

rolan900d
2010-04-05, 09:47
No....
I think I will stick with Catorise!
More folder options and placement of apps makes more sense that way

HtheB
2010-04-05, 12:25
ok...
mp-fremantle-generic-pr (>=2.2009.51-1)

thanx
you need to upgrade your firmware! :)

giecsar
2010-05-06, 17:32
you need to upgrade your firmware! :)

It's not about the firmware. I have it updated but mymenu won't install anyway. The error I get is "Package mp-fremantle-generic-pr is not available, but is referred to by another package, This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source".

What now??? :(

Weedalot
2010-05-22, 01:14
any news on this one?

StocChr
2010-05-22, 10:14
can't install my menu due missing packages, any help?

libqt4 ( =4.5.3 )
libhildon1 ( =2.2.3-1 )

( i already have libqt 4.6 )

cheers

Jezz
2010-05-26, 15:26
Any news on getting this sorted? Cant install anymore, even with pr 1.2 :( really need it now all apps are on 1 page!

StocChr
2010-05-26, 18:31
mymenu works fine with the new PR1.2
thanx manfred

Wichall
2010-05-26, 18:53
mymenu works fine with the new PR1.2
thanx manfred
Does the moving icons around thing work with mymenu?

StocChr
2010-05-26, 19:21
no, i can't find a way to move them

Soulfarmer
2010-05-27, 02:18
After PR1.2 update I tried to do update-mymenu from the icon... the process didn't go thru correctly and after that I lost all but the most basic icons from app menu. Can't launch terminal even from desktop shortcut. Of course I forgot to set new passwd for root so that I can't even SSH in and try something thru there.
Any ideas how to either rerun mymenu-update or remove it?

EDIT: I had totally forgot keyboard-shortcut, managed to launch terminal from that and then apt-get remove mymenu and apt-get install mymenu and problem was solved. Wheeh, was about to flash my n900 just cuz of this little problem...

romiiio
2010-05-27, 10:51
hi der im running the new pr1.2 i installed my menu but wanted to go bak to normal showin all apps again so wen i uninstalled mymenu all my apps in main menu r scattered around i tried to rearrange but wen i press done it stays the same. pls help

madrista
2010-05-30, 22:19
same problem here, flashing the only way?

nonotzkrov
2010-05-31, 10:46
Its simple.. dload other apps with the same utility.. like colorise.. search here in desktop section with the ur N900 n install.. simple is that...

madrista
2010-05-31, 11:22
colorise? your speaking of catorise ? and thats install after failure with my menu but my menu still wont install.

nonotzkrov
2010-05-31, 12:12
Yes Im sorry.. i wasnt check what i wrote.. u right catorise.. maybe u can delete file in mydoc called mymenu i use PC suite to delete it.. then install via web from ur N900... its worked in my mobile

nonotzkrov
2010-05-31, 12:21
let me write it step by step.. i hope this will help...
when u download the catorise in apps manager u can 1st uninstall mymenu.. then continue to dload n install catorise.. then u will see all icon that have been lost... if u prefer my menu then uninstall catorise.. n reinstall mymenu..

romiiio
2010-05-31, 13:00
hi the problem i have is i see all my apps but i cant rearrange them in a order i want them. even after uninstalling mymenu app and even after installing catorise and even after uninstalling both! wen i go to jus normal menu in my n900 without catorise or mymenu i still cant rearrange the apps it goes into rearrange mode i can move apps around but wen i press done nothing happens! this way all important apps like contacts, phone, conversation, web, etc are rite at the bottom n i have to scroll all the way down wach time which im not happy abt as i was able to do this afer pr1.2 update but after i installed and uninstalled mymenu i cant rearrange anymore. so pls help me!

madrista
2010-06-04, 01:33
ok the best thing to do is flash your phone. First you make a backup, then you flash your phone. After the flash run the backup and it will ask you if to replace files you hit NO and go right to the end. Restart your phone if it doesnt automatically and everything will be fine. If there is My Menu or Catorise in the app manager dont install it as yet install it after.

das_schlumpfie
2010-06-07, 13:39
After PR1.2 update I tried to do update-mymenu from the icon... the process didn't go thru correctly and after that I lost all but the most basic icons from app menu. Can't launch terminal even from desktop shortcut. Of course I forgot to set new passwd for root so that I can't even SSH in and try something thru there.
Any ideas how to either rerun mymenu-update or remove it?

EDIT: I had totally forgot keyboard-shortcut, managed to launch terminal from that and then apt-get remove mymenu and apt-get install mymenu and problem was solved. Wheeh, was about to flash my n900 just cuz of this little problem...
hi, i have followed the same solution as you, but even after uninstalling mymenu, i still dont get the rest of the icons back, anyone knows what i can do?

cheers

anyone knows? please

romiiio
2010-06-08, 15:16
how do i flash my n900? sorry im not familiar to linux or maemo. wen i flash my fone i'll lose all my messages rite? is der anyway i cud store them before i flash it?

late666
2010-06-08, 17:53
What is the deal with the missing package?!??

Patroclo
2010-06-08, 23:44
deleted. I posted in the wrong topic. Sorry.

das_schlumpfie
2010-06-09, 05:11
hi, i have followed the same solution as you, but even after uninstalling mymenu, i still dont get the rest of the icons back, anyone knows what i can do?

cheers

anyone knows? please

anyone please?

das_schlumpfie
2010-06-09, 12:44
anyone pleaes?

GrimmReaperNL
2010-06-10, 05:29
open up your hildon.menu and in the '<include>' section add '<All/>' (with out the ' )

das_schlumpfie
2010-06-10, 05:54
hi, thanks for your reply.

where is the hildon menu? i cant fnd it using cuteexplorer

das_schlumpfie
2010-06-10, 12:36
anyone please?

GrimmReaperNL
2010-06-11, 00:33
well arent you an annoying impatient lil f*ck.

try the search: http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?searchid=7681351

das_schlumpfie
2010-06-11, 18:39
the result is :

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

?

GrimmReaperNL
2010-06-11, 19:53
the result is :

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

?
then try searching yourself on the forums for posts with "hildon.menu" in them.

Pakana
2010-06-12, 08:59
/etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu

I had same broblem, though no icons are missing, just wrong order and couldn't rearrange.

OjO86
2010-06-12, 12:39
ive install mymenu from repository and now i have big problem
every icons dissapear and cant run any application what i have on desktop even xterminal and application manager
any ideas what could i do to get back everything ??

das_schlumpfie
2010-06-12, 13:53
we are all on the same boat, i tried GrimmReaperNL's instruction, didnt work.

knypek3
2010-06-16, 13:04
i have this problem too.
I can't changed place icons after remove My Menu :(
Please help!

Wichall
2010-06-16, 13:14
Dead project.

Dr.MZ
2010-06-17, 23:00
MyMenu what happens to still or is this project dead?
For it was but once announced an update.

And the following programs are not in the correct folder:
- Zen Bound -> games
- showtime -> other
- fm-boost -> system

And two new folders I would like to see:
- Internet (Opera, MicroB, Firefox, Midori, Chromium)
- Conversations (Conversations and fMMS)

anapospastos
2010-06-19, 17:15
MyMenu what happens to still or is this project dead?
For it was but once announced an update.

And the following programs are not in the correct folder:
- Zen Bound -> games
- showtime -> other
- fm-boost -> system

And two new folders I would like to see:
- Internet (Opera, MicroB, Firefox, Midori, Chromium)
- Conversations (Conversations and fMMS)

In catorise, Zen Bound and fm boost are in the same folders as in my menu.

Jaffa
2010-06-20, 13:45
In catorise, Zen Bound and fm boost are in the same folders as in my menu.

Not quite sure what you're saying. What category does Zen Bound appear in?

If it's not Games (or Ovi) raise a bug with the developers and ask them to "include Categories=... in their /usr/share/applications/hildon/zenbound.desktop file, where the set of categories is defined by freedesktop.org (http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-1.0.html#category-registry)".

In fact, because Ovi doesn't use HAM (properly), packages from there will always be a bit hit and miss. Pass the bold bit above on to every Ovi developer you can! :-)

fm-boost defines itself (http://maemo.org/packages/view/fm-boost/) as user/system, so it appears in System. What do you t hink it should appear in? Multimedia? If so, raise it as a bug against that bug.

anapospastos
2010-06-20, 14:13
Not quite sure what you're saying. What category does Zen Bound appear in?

I mean that if catorise catigorize them in the same way then it' s just right.

Dr.MZ
2010-06-21, 23:25
It is a pity that such a great app just is not developed. It could be here sometimes to read a great many brilliant ideas.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Znuf
2010-07-05, 16:03
I love this app.

if you want add an apps or change the rep, just edit with leafpad or ssh:

/opt/menu-update/category

;)

elie-7
2010-09-16, 12:21
can someone please take of this ****ing app from the repositories, it causes more damage than most of the apps in the devels, it sucks, it messed up my menu, can't rearrange anymore, ****ing hell, please take it of from the repositories .

N900@900MHz
2010-09-16, 12:33
can someone please take of this ****ing app from the repositories, it causes more damage than most of the apps in the devels, it sucks, it messed up my menu, can't rearrange anymore, ****ing hell, please take it of from the repositories .

It's a great app. I love it. It does wat it is suppost to do. If you don't like it, don't install it! It's your own choice!

geneven
2010-09-16, 12:38
elie-7: Perhaps you could learn to have a modicum of politeness? And you might try realizing that your opinion isn't the only one out there.

jedi
2010-09-16, 13:33

NO!

This must be my most used app on my N900. Please do not remove it!

And please ignore ungrateful ignorant selfish individuals such as "elie-7"

mr_xzibit
2010-09-16, 15:05
long live MyMenu!!!! couldnt live without it

elie-7
2010-09-16, 18:07
sorry guys i didn't mean it, i should read about an app before installing it, no don't take it of, my fault .
i was pissed because i had to reflash the device to fix my menu, and i am so damm busy at the moment, now i'm back home at 9 pm and backing up before reflashing .
please don't take me the wrong way, thats a great app, makes the menu opens way faster .
and please keep it there.......:)

TiagoTiago
2010-09-30, 18:38
how exactly is this better than Catorize?

LippiVan
2010-10-03, 21:58
I love this app.

if you want add an apps or change the rep, just edit with leafpad or ssh:

/opt/menu-update/category

;)

THX !!!

that was exactely what i've been looking for!

mr_xzibit
2010-10-05, 17:41
hmmm that doesnt seem to work for me. i assume if the app is not on the list its automaticly dumped in "other" so i want to add joikuspot in
network folder. i added it. basicly copying another app

<Filename>joikuspot.desktop</Filename>:netzwerk
saved the file. copyed it back to /opt usin rooted mc.

but it has no effect? ive refreshed menu update. even rebooted but still it haunts me in other!. i have to much crap in other. so my question is......

how do you add or move apps from 1 catagory to another.???

fajajako
2010-11-03, 12:58
i need help my apps r missing on my n900 after install this...

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-11-03, 13:17
i need help my apps r missing on my n900 after install this...

reboot your N900

ZootHornRollo
2010-11-05, 19:10
does this work with PR1.3? I had to reflash after all app menus went blank and desktop short cuts were unresponsive to most. Couldn't even get terminal to launch.

- these problems might have been my own doing as after running the my-menu update and it hanging for 15 minutes i 'ended current task'

i just wanted to check before i re-installed it again.

homikaushal
2010-11-19, 02:20
does this work with PR1.3? I had to reflash after all app menus went blank and desktop short cuts were unresponsive to most. Couldn't even get terminal to launch.

- these problems might have been my own doing as after running the my-menu update and it hanging for 15 minutes i 'ended current task'

i just wanted to check before i re-installed it again.
Dont install it yet.

I installed this from extras-testing and it aligned my icons in alphabetical order.. also i was not able to change position of icons... i updated this app from devels and everything worked fine -- got all the fancy folders and stuff... but when i uninstalled it... it removed all the icons(including HAM, xterm and all the installed applications) except some nokia default.. now i am looking for a script or command to repair the icons

Please Manzn can you help with this issue ??

N900@900MHz
2010-11-25, 13:34
Installed "MyMenu" no problems so far, great app.
Running fine with PR1.3 and titans kernel v42-v46
menu update, ready within 1 minute.

siavarshan
2010-12-02, 03:23
hi there man,i faced the same problem did u fixed your problem?its killing ma device,if u have any kinda solution just let me know Tanx.

madrista
2010-12-11, 03:35
hi there man,i faced the same problem did u fixed your problem?its killing ma device,if u have any kinda solution just let me know Tanx.

easy way to get rid of application problems: install a similar app and uninstall it
if you have any program to display shortcuts in status menu try accessing app manager from there, i installed catorise and uninstall it and all the apps were back.

darguzar
2011-01-18, 15:00
Come onnn Please can any one solve this problem....

I mean so many of us have this problem but can't seem to solve it...

When ever i try to install mymenu it gives me this error...

Application Package missing : mp-fremantle-generic-pr (>=2.2009.51-1)

Just yesterday i flashed my device even flashed the eMMC

but still getting this error....

I really eant to install my menu but can't........

Can't the guys who made this app help us.....:(

zehjotkah
2011-01-18, 15:19
why don't you install catorise?

darguzar
2011-01-19, 04:50
becuase that won't let a icons like phone, contact, converstions and stuff out of the content folder....

and it is more easier...

Any ways please can any one help us....

We are in desprate need of help this this has been going on for all most a year for all of us and it is about time some one should come with a solution please....

RobbieThe1st
2011-01-19, 07:12
becuase that won't let a icons like phone, contact, converstions and stuff out of the content folder....

Uh... What?
I can move -all- my icons into folders, including built-in ones.

darguzar
2011-01-20, 07:06
Can u read where i said..... "let me write in bold letters my be u will try to understand...."

Catorise WON'T LET ME put ICONS LIKE PHONE, CONTACTS AND CONVERSATION "OUT SIDE" A FOLDER....

WHICH MEANS ALL THE APP. ICONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN FOLDERS.. U "CAN'T" PLACE THEN OUT SIDE A FOLDER

geojoking
2011-01-21, 19:51
Is there any way to change the icons of the categories ?

I just think that the icons don't "go well" with the original icons and I want the style of the N900 to be the same on all levels.

eefo
2011-01-22, 18:27
http://maemo.3ion.at/mymenu-0.2.20100101_armel.deb

not working !

RobbieThe1st
2011-01-24, 10:56
Can u read where i said..... "let me write in bold letters my be u will try to understand...."

Catorise WON'T LET ME put ICONS LIKE PHONE, CONTACTS AND CONVERSATION "OUT SIDE" A FOLDER....

WHICH MEANS ALL THE APP. ICONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN FOLDERS.. U "CAN'T" PLACE THEN OUT SIDE A FOLDER
ApMeFo -DOES- LET YOU DO THAT!

Jaffa
2011-01-24, 11:35

YES. IT. WILL.

If you edit /opt/catorise/menu and set something's folder to _root it will do exactly that.

Brian_7
2011-01-25, 02:54
Is there any way to change the icons of the categories ?

I just think that the icons don't "go well" with the original icons and I want the style of the N900 to be the same on all levels.

Use catorise-gui

Jaffa
2011-01-25, 12:13
Use catorise-gui

I think they mean changing the icons of MyMenu. Of course, Catorise uses the themes categories, so already matches...

geojoking
2011-01-25, 21:53
Exactly, I like MyMenu better than catorise, but I'd like to be able to change the icons of the categories so that they all follow the same pattern. I'm sure I can find Nokia icons for all these categories. And with better quality I might add, the MyMenu original icons don't look as sharp as the Conversations app icon, for example.

eefo
2011-01-31, 19:47
@zehjotkah

at this moment the version 0.2 support german and english

for install follow this steps:

1) you need rootsh -> pls install

2) dowload follow deb's:
http://maemo.3ion.at/mymenu-0.2.20100101_armel.deb
http://maemo.3ion.at/wget_1.10.2-2osso3_armel.deb
3) start xterm
4) sudo gainroot
5) change to the directory where you download it (with cd /home/user/.....)
6) install with this command:
dpkg -i wget_1.10.2-2osso3_armel.deb mymenu-0.2.20100101_armel.deb

and have fun :-D (under "sonstige" or "other" you find the update funktion)

for uninstall insert this command:
dpkg -r mymenu

i already mentioned it and again i am , the link to mymenu is not workinggggggggggg ! :(
i wanna use this app.

Weedalot
2011-02-08, 11:13
I installed ApMefo and i got to say if you are not too lazy to sort all your icons it is the thing for you. Catorize also does wonders. i didnt really like MyMenu.. just my opinion.

gandotratushar
2011-03-21, 06:57
if you really want to install this, here is what i did:
1) Download the file from https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1209&release_id=3128

2) Install it via command line :
dpkg -i --force-depends mymenu_0.4.4-1_armel.deb

3) reboot

It should install mymenu on your phone.

darguzar
2011-03-29, 11:09
WOW WOW WOW.......

First of all GREAT Thanks To "gandotratushar"

he is the MANNN.... Our saviour.....

Seriously... it has been now over a year i was not able to get MYMENU 0.4.5 on my N900 and with his instructions i did it...

Thanks Man thanks ALot... i will tell u in detail what to do...

WOW WOW WOW was for the F**kup i did....

when i installed the Mymenu 0.4.5, i went to App menu and tried to change the position of the icons... then BAM... i was left only with a hand full icons which didn't had xterm nither appmanager...

and that was good other wise i would have uninstalled my menu andwould have seriously F**ked up my self... any way then it came in my mind... and i will also tell u the solution for this... i remember sieng posts of many people having this problem of accidenly disappearing all the icons... only if u screw up after installing my menu i can't gurantee any other application...

First HOW to install MY MENU 0.4.5

1. Either download it from here http://maemo.org/packages/view/mymenu/

or click on the link below

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/m/mymenu/mymenu_0.4.5_armel.deb

or i have also attached it with the post...

2. if u have my menu 0.4.4-1 installed u don't need to uninstall it.. it will update it automatically...

3. save the mymenu 0.4.5 downloaded file in MyDocs, which is the N900 root folder.

4. open Xterm and type sudo gainroot

there u will see

/home/user #

5. type

cd MyDocs

6. then type

dpkg -i --force-depends mymenu_0.4.5_armel.deb

it will start installing.. after the instalation u will se mymenu page saying updating menu...

and wallahhhhhh..... u now have mymenu 0.4.5 on you N900

Now the solution for the disappeared icons...

in my case i had and and icon of xterm on the desktop and it was not working when i was clocking it it was not opening...

so i remembered a shortcut from keyboard...

press Ctrl + Caps then press X

it will open a xterminal..

now all u have to do is type

sudo gainroot

then u will see

/home/user #

type cd /opt/menu-update

then type sh update.sh

exit xterm and got to your app menu and u will se all the icons back...

So that is all...
now i hope people can easily install MyMenu 0.4.5 on their N900s
and can easily understand and my thorough explaination....

Once again thanks to "gandotratushar"

N900 Rocks.....

Omy786
2011-04-19, 16:08
is it in devel ? or its been fully realized?

N900@900MHz
2011-04-19, 18:23
@development:

i use mymenu with pleasure, but the latest update is not compatible with CSSU. Any chance to fix that??

I like mymenu more than catorise and apmefo....

thanks anyway for the good work already done.

darguzar
2011-04-20, 02:29
Don't know man i am just a daily user... just figured it out and with the help of a few posts i finally installed it.... i tried but couldn't find the developer so that i could request him to fix that....

N900@900MHz
2011-05-27, 08:03
WOW WOW WOW.......

First of all GREAT Thanks To "gandotratushar"

he is the MANNN.... Our saviour.....

Seriously... it has been now over a year i was not able to get MYMENU 0.4.5 on my N900 and with his instructions i did it...

Thanks Man thanks ALot... i will tell u in detail what to do...

WOW WOW WOW was for the F**kup i did....

when i installed the Mymenu 0.4.5, i went to App menu and tried to change the position of the icons... then BAM... i was left only with a hand full icons which didn't had xterm nither appmanager...

and that was good other wise i would have uninstalled my menu andwould have seriously F**ked up my self... any way then it came in my mind... and i will also tell u the solution for this... i remember sieng posts of many people having this problem of accidenly disappearing all the icons... only if u screw up after installing my menu i can't gurantee any other application...

First HOW to install MY MENU 0.4.5

1. Either download it from here http://maemo.org/packages/view/mymenu/

or click on the link below

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/m/mymenu/mymenu_0.4.5_armel.deb

or i have also attached it with the post...

2. if u have my menu 0.4.4-1 installed u don't need to uninstall it.. it will update it automatically...

3. save the mymenu 0.4.5 downloaded file in MyDocs, which is the N900 root folder.

4. open Xterm and type sudo gainroot

there u will see

/home/user #

5. type

cd MyDocs

6. then type

dpkg -i --force-depends mymenu_0.4.5_armel.deb

it will start installing.. after the instalation u will se mymenu page saying updating menu...

and wallahhhhhh..... u now have mymenu 0.4.5 on you N900

Now the solution for the disappeared icons...

in my case i had and and icon of xterm on the desktop and it was not working when i was clocking it it was not opening...

so i remembered a shortcut from keyboard...

press Ctrl + Caps then press X

it will open a xterminal..

now all u have to do is type

sudo gainroot

then u will see

/home/user #

type cd /opt/menu-update

then type sh update.sh

exit xterm and got to your app menu and u will se all the icons back...

So that is all...
now i hope people can easily install MyMenu 0.4.5 on their N900s
and can easily understand and my thorough explaination....

Once again thanks to "gandotratushar"

N900 Rocks.....

I used your install guide, MyMenu 0.4.5 is installed now.
But i couldn't find the "new" option for managing the menus.
Also now i have some trouble with xterminal

apt-get upgrade isn't working correcty.
In app manger there are some update's but i couln't install them via xterm.
Before forced installed mymenu, the was no problem..
I have power-kernel v47 and CSSU installed,
So anybody sugesstions what to do???
And/or is someone willing to make mymenu compatible with CSSU?? (remove the dependicies)

Thanks in advance

midflow
2011-05-27, 08:48
I used your install guide, MyMenu 0.4.5 is installed now.
But i couldn't find the "new" option for managing the menus.
Also now i have some trouble with xterminal

apt-get upgrade isn't working correcty.
In app manger there are some update's but i couln't install them via xterm.
Before forced installed mymenu, the was no problem..
I have power-kernel v47 and CSSU installed,
So anybody sugesstions what to do???
And/or is someone willing to make mymenu compatible with CSSU?? (remove the dependicies)

Thanks in advance

mee too :(

ryu1
2011-10-13, 11:01
I tried to install this form app manager and i get "cannot install".
I think this is not compatible with pr 1.3 and cssu.
That is why i use ApMeFo