PDA

View Full Version : independent volume control

cweedon@yahoo.com
2010-02-20, 01:35
N900 needs a way to control the music player and alarm clock volumes seperately. i go to sleep listening to music at a low volume and in the morning the alarm clock will go off at the same low volume. i overslept a few times before i figured this out

b666m
2010-02-20, 01:49
+1 :)

would be great!
independent volume controls for media (movies and songs) and system (calls and alarms)
;)

balor
2011-07-28, 12:12
How are things now? Maybe is there any app than can do this?
I am using gps navigation and music player in car, sound is going to the car audio system by fm transmitter. I find the navigation voice to loud in compare to music. It would be grate if this could be changed :)

vi_
2011-07-28, 12:20
N900 needs a way to control the music player and alarm clock volumes seperately. i go to sleep listening to music at a low volume and in the morning the alarm clock will go off at the same low volume. i overslept a few times before i figured this out

alarmed script to set the volume before your alarm goes off.

0650: phone comes online (flightmode off)
0653: phone runs 'radio_alarm.sh'
connects to net
sets volume to 0
media player starts playing ambient internet radio station
volume slowly increases to 100% over the course of 4minutes
0700: REAL alrm goes off (in case of radio alarm fail).

How are things now? Maybe is there any app than can do this?
I am using gps navigation and music player in car, sound is going to the car audio system by fm transmitter. I find the navigation voice to loud in compare to music. It would be grate if this could be changed

You can only be talking about sygic, perhaps you can use ffmpeg to 1/2 the volume of all the voice navigation sound files.

rotoflex
2011-07-28, 23:38
If you install Alarmed, you can use it to set the volume a minute or so before your wakeup alarm goes off.

Just schedule this as a "command" event in Alarmed at the time you want:
http://wiki.maemo.org/ALARMED_Commands_List#Set_Speaker_Volume