PDA

View Full Version : [Announce] AwOken Icon Theme

Pages : [1] 2

AlMehdi
2010-11-17, 21:30
I finally got my act together and made the port of AwOken Icon Theme to be used with Theme Customizer.

I have mainly just renamed and resized the original icons of the package. But also added some home cooked icons. If you think something doesn't look good or want an special made icon for a program.. let me know. ;)

It would not have been possible if it was not for the awesome open-source community. A special thanks goes to alecive87 that are the original author of this theme. You can visit home (http://alecive.deviantart.com/) at deviantart to view his other work. A truly awesome dude! Also D-livil's tiredless awesomeness of community worker should be credited. He helped me pack and put it in the repos.

Extra icons:
Some icons are not placed in the default icon folder. Those can not be changed automatically by the install. So i have provided an application for that called Awoken Extras. It will take awhile for the application to process the changes. A "Done!" will appear on the button when it is done processing. So don't close it before.

The Awoken Extras applies for: App Search Widget, Noor, Wifi Switcher, Fcamera, Recaller, Multi-calendar-date-widget, Sticky-notes, Glogarchive, quick-widget, PSfreedom.

optimistprime
2010-11-17, 22:03
I dont see it in using app manager. has it been uploaded?

shazosbourne
2010-11-17, 22:35
I dont see it in using app manager. has it been uploaded?

Got extras-devel enabled? Updated catalogs?
It appears in fapman for me.

Nice job Almehdi

D4rKlar
2010-11-17, 22:42
Very nice! :D

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar

Hootenholler
2010-11-17, 22:52
Posh stuff. Could it have a custom Theme Customizer icon? :D

AlMehdi
2010-11-17, 22:59
Yes, it is in extras-devel.. D-livil will help me put it in testing and teach me how to do it my self.

AlMehdi
2010-11-17, 23:03
Posh stuff. Could it have a custom Theme Customizer icon? :D

Sure but i thought it looked pretty good anyway.. so i didn't bother. Will think of that until the next version.

hawaii
2010-11-18, 00:52
These icons are absolutely AWESOME. Your work in modifying, packaging and "supporting" them is truly appreciated.

I think the Ovi Maps icon is a bit "off", it's not really indicative of mapping, similar with the profiles icon which is currently a pig/cat? and a gPodder icon would be nice - but hey, that's up to you. Either way, this is good stuff. Thanks!

gabby131
2010-11-18, 00:57
spectacular!!!

simple and elegant!

AlMehdi
2010-11-18, 01:27
These icons are absolutely AWESOME. Your work in modifying, packaging and "supporting" them is truly appreciated.

I think the Ovi Maps icon is a bit "off", it's not really indicative of mapping, similar with the profiles icon which is currently a pig/cat? and a gPodder icon would be nice - but hey, that's up to you. Either way, this is good stuff. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

There where no map icons in the original package.. i picked that one cause it looked little like a compass. I will try to find a better one to the next version.

Lol! It is a bear! I took it cause it was cuddly.. It was a temporary solution.. could not think how a good profile icon would look like.. so i picked a bear ;)

Will make a gPodder ;)

hawaii
2010-11-18, 01:34
I can see a full blown theme coming from this, with gray, white and black accents.

If there was a sane way to change gtk color presets, I'd cook one up quickly. I'ma give it a shot with the Theme Customizer.

AlMehdi
2010-11-18, 01:59
I can see a full blown theme coming from this, with gray, white and black accents.

If there was a sane way to change gtk color presets, I'd cook one up quickly. I'ma give it a shot with the Theme Customizer.

Great! A complete AwOken theme would be awesome! You might wanna take some hints from the Elementary project. You can find it on www.gnom-look.org

stenny
2010-11-18, 03:15
Works very well with the hydrocarbon theme.

philheaton
2010-11-18, 13:18
Superb. I love this icon set and have it on my linux box at home and at work. If you're struggling with designs for icons for specific functions, ask the original creator. He's very approachable and is helping me with some specific website icons as we speak.

AlMehdi
2010-11-18, 16:48
Superb. I love this icon set and have it on my linux box at home and at work. If you're struggling with designs for icons for specific functions, ask the original creator. He's very approachable and is helping me with some specific website icons as we speak.

Yeah, he is truly a nice guy. I spoke to him if it was okay for me to port it to Maemo.

AlMehdi
2010-11-18, 17:46

I made the gPodder icon for you. Save it to your n900, move it to /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/scalable/apps/ and restart.

pious_momin
2010-11-18, 18:00
awesome icon pack in initial realise... keep it up!!!

pious_momin
2010-11-18, 18:01
need more icon updates

AlMehdi
2010-11-18, 18:03
need more icon updates

What icon do you need?

pious_momin
2010-11-18, 18:52
What icon do you need?

default icons are perfect, except maps, would like to see more 3rd party app icons like Document to Go Viewer & Premium Edition with Microsoft Office 2010 icons and others as well, and e-mail icon need to change in e-mail widget, if possible wlan disable icon need to be change, hope this things would make this icon package more awesome!!!

Regards,

AlMehdi
2010-11-18, 19:08
default icons are perfect, except maps, would like to see more 3rd party app icons like Document to Go Viewer & Premium Edition with Microsoft Office 2010 icons and others as well, and e-mail icon need to change in e-mail widget, if possible wlan disable icon need to be change, hope this things would make this icon package more awesome!!!

Regards,

Thanks! I don't have too much 3rd party apps installed why i am very happy for feedback. To make an icon for all packages in the repo would be suicide ;)

Will start working on an DtG icon right away.. and one for the mail widget. What do you mean by wlan disable icon?

philheaton
2010-11-18, 21:38
surely you can just repackage the original icons, I believe there are thousands in the source archive.

AlMehdi
2010-11-18, 23:26
surely you can just repackage the original icons, I believe there are thousands in the source archive.

I need about two-three hours to make an icon.. depends little on how it looks. Some are available in the original package.. those times i use that. It can take about 30-60 minutes to find a suitable candidate. Also if it contained all the icons.. the download would be massive. Just the stock icon pack is about 4-5 megs.

So i prefer if people asked me instead.. ;)

stenny
2010-11-18, 23:51
the voicemail icon doesn't scale up for the in-call image

AlMehdi
2010-11-19, 00:09
the voicemail icon doesn't scale up for the in-call image

That was strange.. do you mean it stays small?

I left it cause it would take extra memory space.. so it should use the stock one.

pious_momin
2010-11-19, 06:08
Thanks! I don't have too much 3rd party apps installed why i am very happy for feedback. To make an icon for all packages in the repo would be suicide ;)

Will start working on an DtG icon right away.. and one for the mail widget. What do you mean by wlan disable icon?

if you use wifi switcher and if you switch off there will be a disable icon close to battery bar.... and im really impressed with your icon pack all i can say is your a GURU, coz you made all icons perfect specially online icons status its so cute..... so far this is the best icon pack i have seen on maemo org. thanks for such professional icon pakc and work as well, hope you make this icon pack more professional.

AlMehdi
2010-11-19, 07:27
if you use wifi switcher and if you switch off there will be a disable icon close to battery bar.... and im really impressed with your icon pack all i can say is your a GURU, coz you made all icons perfect specially online icons status its so cute..... so far this is the best icon pack i have seen on maemo org. thanks for such professional icon pakc and work as well, hope you make this icon pack more professional.

Thanks a lot! Although i made it available for Maemo the real credit should go to the original author Alecive87 down at deviantart.

I have a problem though.. the DtG icon.. i do not use it myself. I have made one for the installer but am not sure if that is the same it will used as installed. So if you could help me? Then open your terminal and write:

1. sudo gainroot
2. cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/docstogo.list
3. copy the output here.

I have finished the other icons you mentioned which will be available in the next update.

stenny
2010-11-19, 07:40
That was strange.. do you mean it stays small?

I left it cause it would take extra memory space.. so it should use the stock one.

It's the silver microphone image and it scales to the correct size but it is blurry because it's too low-res

pious_momin
2010-11-19, 08:08
Thanks a lot! Although i made it available for Maemo the real credit should go to the original author Alecive87 down at deviantart.

I have a problem though.. the DtG icon.. i do not use it myself. I have made one for the installer but am not sure if that is the same it will used as installed. So if you could help me? Then open your terminal and write:

1. sudo gainroot
2. cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/docstogo.list
3. copy the output here.

I have finished the other icons you mentioned which will be available in the next update.

here is the output:

/usr/share/locale/es_ES
/usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/es
/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/de
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/fi_FI
/usr/share/locale/fi_FI/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/fr_FR
/usr/share/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/fr
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/fi
/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/ru_RU
/usr/share/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/it
/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/ru
/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/de_DE
/usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/it_IT
/usr/share/locale/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/dbus-1
/usr/share/dbus-1/services
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.dataviz.stgeditor.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.dataviz.wtgeditor.service
/usr/share/applications
/usr/share/applications/hildon
/usr/share/applications/hildon/wtgeditor.desktop
/usr/share/applications/hildon/stgeditor.desktop
/usr/share/fonts
/usr/share/fonts/dtg
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/docstogo
/usr/share/doc/docstogo/copyright
/usr/share/doc/docstogo/changelog.gz
/usr/share/mime
/usr/share/mime/packages
/usr/share/dtg
/usr/share/dtg/locale
/usr/share/icons
/usr/share/icons/hicolor
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/hildon
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/hildon
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/hildon/SheetToGoEditor.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/SheetToGoEditor.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26/hildon
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26/hildon/SheetToGoEditor.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26/hildon/WordToGoEditor.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/WordToGo_DOC.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Toolbar_Increase_Indent_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarFormatNumberIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Alignment_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Alignment_Center_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Toolbar_Indent_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarFindIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarSaveAsIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/UnsupportedFeature.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Alignment_Right_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarPasteIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/TextBoxAnchor.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/FormulaBarExpand.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Alignment_Left_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarZoomIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarSaveIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/fileType_DOC.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarFormatCellIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarCopyIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarCutIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/ToolbarSendIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Toolbar_Decrease_Indent_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/Alignment_Justified_Icon_48x48.png
/usr/bin
/usr/lib/libDvzPlatformLib.so
/usr/lib/libSheetToGoModule.so
/usr/lib/libWordToGoModule.so
/usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fi_FI/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fi_FI/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/WordToGo.mo
/usr/share/locale/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/SheetToGo.mo
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/cumbi.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/albany__.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/thobi___.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/cumbbi.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/VizDing.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/thor____.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/albanyit.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/SymbolMT.TTF
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/albanybi.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/thoi____.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/albanybd.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/MTSORTS_.TTF
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/thob____.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/cumbb.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/dtg/cumbr.ttf
/usr/share/mime/packages/docstogo.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_fi_FI.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_es_ES.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_en_US.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_ru_RU.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_en_GB.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_de_DE.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_fr_FR.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_it_IT.xml
/usr/share/dtg/locale/stg_pt_BR.xml
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/hildon/WordToGoEditor.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/WordToGoEditor.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-msword.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.template.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-powerpoint.template.macroEnabled.12.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-powerpoint.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.template.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-excel.template.macroEnabled.12.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-excel.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroEnabled.12.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/SheetToGo_XLSX.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/SheetToGo_XLS.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/WordToGo_DOCX.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/HomeScreenNewFileIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/AboutDialogProductLogo.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/FormulaBarAccept.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/fileType_XLS.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/SheetPickerChartSheet.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/fileType_DOCX.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/FormulaBarCancel.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/HomeScreenOpenFileIcon.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/fileType_XLSX.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/background.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/SheetPickerSheet.png
/usr/share/icons/dtg/FormulaBarFunction.png
/usr/bin/WordToGoEditor
/usr/bin/SheetToGoEditor

AlMehdi
2010-11-19, 08:12
It's the silver microphone image and it scales to the correct size but it is blurry because it's too low-res

Now i am confused.. it is a microphone? not the voicemail..? Could you take a screen dump on it? Just press ctrl+shift+p simultaneously and attach the image here.

AlMehdi
2010-11-19, 08:34
here is the output...

Wow.. that was quite a few. The ones in the hildon folder are the interesting ones. It would be helpful if you also could give me a screen shot on the ones in the app menu. I guess the most important ones are the word and xls icons..

pious_momin
2010-11-19, 10:00
Wow.. that was quite a few. The ones in the hildon folder are the interesting ones. It would be helpful if you also could give me a screen shot on the ones in the app menu. I guess the most important ones are the word and xls icons..

wifi disable icon:

http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/art/Screen-01-186680581

AlMehdi
2010-11-19, 11:12
wifi disable icon:

http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/art/Screen-01-186680581

Yeah, got the two for wfi switcher and have already made icons for them.. it's the DtG that i don't have.

pious_momin
2010-11-19, 12:50
Yeah, got the two for wfi switcher and have already made icons for them.. it's the DtG that i don't have.

thnx dude, for wifi disable icon, and why cant DtG icons be updated as well, waiting for next version with huge update icons!!!:)

AlMehdi
2010-11-19, 20:48
thnx dude, for wifi disable icon, and why cant DtG icons be updated as well, waiting for next version with huge update icons!!!:)

I am working on them.. it's just that i haven't it installed. So it make it little more difficult.

AlMehdi
2010-11-20, 04:35

Seams like the wifi switcher icons are hard coded to the stock hicolor icon theme. So i am not sure if it is possible to change them by install.

To do it manually you could download the images and move them to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/ replacing the old ones. I recommend Filebox for that and do not rename them.

pious_momin
2010-11-20, 06:34
Seams like the wifi switcher icons are hard coded to the stock hicolor icon theme. So i am not sure if it is possible to change them by install.

To do it manually you could download the images and move them to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/ replacing the old ones. I recommend Filebox for that and do not rename them.

it would be amazing if those (wifi) icons were able to pack into icon pack but never mind lets do it manually as you mention!! and thanx for your hard work on this icon pack and hope if wifi icon can be fixed by you or some other like D-livil even this guy rocks.......

thanx, when will be new updates ???

pious_momin
2010-11-20, 07:44

hey i have found icons for DtG which suits perfect with your icon pack and they are grey as well they look awesome!!! have a look and please include them in icon pack and hope to see them in next update

http://chrisringeisen.deviantart.com/art/MS-Office-Icons-175817490?q=&qo=

AlMehdi
2010-11-20, 07:57
it would be amazing if those (wifi) icons were able to pack into icon pack but never mind lets do it manually as you mention!! and thanx for your hard work on this icon pack and hope if wifi icon can be fixed by you or some other like D-livil even this guy rocks.......

thanx, when will be new updates ???

I am about to send the upgrade to the repo.. D-livil are helping me with it ;)

I might make a script to manually change the hard coded icons later. I don't think there are much to do. The programs that have hard coded this need to change for it to be possible. It is not just Wifi-Switcher.

I have already made the DtG icons.. but they where nice.

pious_momin
2010-11-20, 08:25
thanx for the updates

AlMehdi
2010-11-21, 08:26
Updated the icon theme (with the help of D-iivil).. should be available in app manager soon. Please let me know if something looks odd or terrible. I am especially interested to hear about DtG icons.

AlMehdi
2010-11-21, 12:01
I would be really happy if everyone said their three favourite programs.. Or anyone they miss for the next version.

pious_momin
2010-11-21, 15:09
thanks for the huge update!!!! thanks to Al Mehdi, D-livil, Original Author of the Icon Pack alecive87, Daniel Sandman.

silent icon looks cool, im not sure if wifi swithcer icons are updated as i have updated them manually, DtGo icons looks professional but all 3 icons are visible only when you install Document to Go Viewer Edition and if you have installed DtGo Premium Edition only 2 icons are applied word and excel but ppt icon is default... hope to see it in next update and wifi disable icons as well

pious_momin
2010-11-21, 15:17
http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/#/d33ajwr

nux
2010-11-21, 17:08
I like this theme but the new dataconnection icon does not just fit there. It looks like wifi switcher icon and is confusing for me:)
Is it possible to use original icon instead of the new one?

pious_momin
2010-11-21, 17:29
I like this theme but the new dataconnection icon does not just fit there. It looks like wifi switcher icon and is confusing for me:)

can you post screen shot!!!

nux
2010-11-21, 17:44
can you post screen shot!!!

Here it is: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9TEWbRJa_8M/TOlaIx38URI/AAAAAAAAAFc/U_e4WpPw2Ek/Screenshot-20101121-193805.png

I ment the icon in top of bluetooth icon.

In here is the regular icon:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9TEWbRJa_8M/TDL_y-oAXmI/AAAAAAAAADM/wYn2_g9Lifo/Coffe.png

pious_momin
2010-11-21, 18:59
Here it is: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9TEWbRJa_8M/TOlaIx38URI/AAAAAAAAAFc/U_e4WpPw2Ek/Screenshot-20101121-193805.png

the new icon seems better than the old one..

nux
2010-11-21, 19:33
the new icon seems better than the old one..

But it is so similar to http://static.maemo.org/static/f/f2e5baf40c5311df8e9c5937818ca054a054_wifi-switcher_icon, whitch is http://maemo.org/packages/view/wifi-switcher/ icon. So for me it is confusing, thats all.

hawaii
2010-11-21, 21:00
Yes, the new data icon looks too much like a WiFi icon.

AlMehdi
2010-11-21, 21:05
thanks for the huge update!!!! thanks to Al Mehdi, D-livil, Original Author of the Icon Pack alecive87, Daniel Sandman.

silent icon looks cool, im not sure if wifi swithcer icons are updated as i have updated them manually, DtGo icons looks professional but all 3 icons are visible only when you install Document to Go Viewer Edition and if you have installed DtGo Premium Edition only 2 icons are applied word and excel but ppt icon is default... hope to see it in next update and wifi disable icons as well

Thanks for the feed back! I didn't do the ppt icon.. it will come in the next version. I am not sure how i will solve the Wifi switcher... i have them at the correct location but it does not like to use them.

AlMehdi
2010-11-21, 21:43

If you delete the two general_packetdata files in /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/18x18/hildon/ the original will be used.

If you don't like the one in the status menu ones too you could delete the two general_packetdata files in /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/48x48/hildon/.

Now on the screeny i can see they crops a little bit. Will fix it to the next version. I am not sure i will change them. Will think about it.

AlMehdi
2010-11-21, 22:45

Could you please tell me what icons you have on your screen? ;)

nux
2010-11-22, 09:34
Could you please tell me what icons you have on your screen? ;)

Yes

1. Top Right = Birthday
2. Second row left = Scout
3. Second row middle = DreamRemote
4. Second row right = jSpeed
5. Third row left = App Search Widget
6. Third row middle = Horizontal-Call
7. Third row right = Lookup
8. Buttom right = Search Tool

AlMehdi
2010-11-22, 09:38
Yes

1. Top Right = Birthday
2. Second row left = Scout
3. Second row middle = DreamRemote
4. Second row right = jSpeed
6. Third row middle = Horizontal-Call
7. Third row right = Lookup
8. Buttom right = Search Tool

1. Top Right = Birthday - made an icon which will come in next version
2. Second row left = Scout - made an icon which will come in next version
3. Second row middle = DreamRemote - Will make one
4. Second row right = jSpeed - made an icon which will come in next version
6. Third row middle = Horizontal-Call - Will make one
7. Third row right = Lookup - Will make one
8. Buttom right = Search Tool - made an icon which will come in next version

;)

nikolajhendel
2010-11-23, 05:06
Really like this icon pack.

Below is the list of programs I've noticed not having a custom icon:
Erminig
GeePS
Tomamp
CpufreqUI
FBreader
Evince
MaePad
WifiEye
MovieSchedule
FM Radio

on a side note, what does the icon for the file manager represent? I really can't figure it out :)

AlMehdi
2010-11-23, 05:17
Really like this icon pack.

Below is the list of programs I've noticed not having a custom icon:
Erminig
GeePS
Tomamp
CpufreqUI
FBreader
Evince
MaePad
WifiEye
MovieSchedule
FM Radio

on a side note, what does the icon for the file manager represent? I really can't figure it out :)

I think it is a squid... but i really don't know. It comes from the original package.

Erminig - Will make soon
GeePS - Not in next version.. but soon
Tomamp - Not in next version.. but soon
CpufreqUI - Not in next version.. but soon
FBreader - Not sure when
Evince - Not sure when
MaePad - Not in next version.. but soon
WifiEye - Not sure when
MovieSchedule - Not sure when
FM Radio - Not in next version.. but soon

AlMehdi
2010-11-23, 12:50
Have now sent the update to autobuilder.. should be available soon. Let me know if something look strange or awkward ;)

mrexcess
2010-11-24, 01:06
thanks for the update, loving this icon set so much that apps and widgets without your icons dont get promoted to my top view area:p

Icons I would love to see: (order of importance)
- App Search (Widget)
- Sygic Mobile Maps 10 (app) [UK here...if that matters]
- Fm Transmit (Widget) [not sure if this is feasable :confused:]
- wifiinfo (app)

Sure youre busy with the poularity of this tho ofc.

PS: the cutetube app default icon fits this set perfectly already :D
cutetube icon (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=880691&postcount=151)

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 05:51
thanks for the update, loving this icon set so much that apps and widgets without your icons dont get promoted to my top view area:p

- App Search (Widget)
- wifiinfo (app)

I think Sygic and Wifi-info are possible to make.. but the widgets not so sure. Will check it out.

Yeah, the Cutetube icon was a breeze to make ;)

RenaldoTT
2010-11-24, 06:02
In the first attatched photo what command did you use to get uptime, battery and cpu freq grouped like that? and was this placed into queenbeecon? thanks

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 06:18
In the first attatched photo what command did you use to get uptime, battery and cpu freq grouped like that? and was this placed into queenbeecon? thanks

Yeah. it is QBW.. here are the code to be inserted to CMD

echo " Uptime :" `uptime|cut -d" " -f4-|sed 's/\\\\, *load.*//'`\necho " Batteri :" `hal-device bme | awk '/g.c/ {print $3" mAh"}'` @ `cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp`C\necho " Cpu :" `awk '{print $1/1000"/"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq``awk '{print $1/1000" Mhz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq`

attaching the background

RenaldoTT
2010-11-24, 06:28
I'm guess I have to do something else besides just add the command run it and voila lol because it didn't work just got uptime to display but no worries it's not important just looked cool and space saving

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 06:51
I'm guess I have to do something else besides just add the command run it and voila lol because it didn't work just got uptime to display but no worries it's not important just looked cool and space saving

Yeah, you need to "echo bq27x00_battery >> /etc/modules" if you haven't before for battery stats. The other things should work.

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 07:13
Just saw your work on http://www.reverbnation.com/rrule RenaldoTT.. awesome work there. You got talent!

bulelet
2010-11-24, 07:27
simplicity is my stuff and this package gave me the right things to work with.
here's some pictures.

edit: my links wont work. LOL
anyways good job

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 07:35
simplicity is my stuff and this package gave me the right things to work with.
here's some pictures.

edit: my links wont work. LOL
anyways good job

Yes, they do... ;)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sGTuhPI/AAAAAAAAAA4/z5xiXME-9V8/s128/Screenshot-20101123-230710.png (http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sGTuhPI/AAAAAAAAAA4/z5xiXME-9V8/Screenshot-20101123-230710.png)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sDmgh-I/AAAAAAAAAA8/dJwqr2h3Id8/s128/Screenshot-20101123-230717.png (http://lh5.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sDmgh-I/AAAAAAAAAA8/dJwqr2h3Id8/Screenshot-20101123-230717.png)

Did you this before or after the last update? Cause i can see the Cutetube icon is not showing...

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 10:36

- App Search (Widget)
- wifiinfo (app)

The widget put it's icon in the pixmaps folder.. so i can not put it in the package. However.. you could change it yourself.

1. Download the icon i attached and put it in MyDocs.
2. Then open terminal and write: mv /home/opt/usr/share/pixmaps/app-search-widget/app-search-widget.png /home/opt/usr/share/pixmaps/app-search-widget/app-search-widget.png.orig
3. And then write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/app-search-widget.png /home/opt/usr/share/pixmaps/app-search-widget/app-search-widget.png
4. restart

RenaldoTT
2010-11-24, 13:48
Just saw your work on http://www.reverbnation.com/rrule RenaldoTT.. awesome work there. You got talent!

Wow thanks, it's really just a hobby, a way to express myself.

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 14:12
Another small update are on the runway...

@RenaldoTT: I like DIY projects.. i am not that much of a musician but grew up with the punk scene. ;)

one1002
2010-11-24, 16:00
Yeah. it is QBW.. here are the code to be inserted to CMD

echo " Uptime :" `uptime|cut -d" " -f4-|sed 's/\\\\, *load.*//'`\necho " Batteri :" `hal-device bme | awk '/g.c/ {print $3" mAh"}'` @ `cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp`C\necho " Cpu :" `awk '{print $1/1000"/"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq``awk '{print $1/1000" Mhz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq`

attaching the background

hi AlMehdi..i can't seem to get the QBW to work.

here's what i did :

1. add QBW widget
2. Go to Setting
3. add CMD
4. paste the code u gave
5. save and run

but nothing changed..is there any step that i missed?
sorry though..

appreciate your help

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 16:51
Sorry.. Try this one.. i copied the former directly from the QBW-conf, but it had added code that should not be there. The below one is directly from CMD and should work.

echo " Uptime :" `uptime|cut -d" " -f4-|sed 's/\\, *load.*//'`
echo " Batteri :" `hal-device bme | awk '/g.c/ {print $3" mAh"}'` @ `cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp`C
echo " Cpu :" `awk '{print $1/1000"/"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq``awk '{print $1/1000" Mhz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq`

You need to "activate" the battery module if you haven't. You'll need Titans OC-kernel. Open terminal as root and:
echo bq27x00_battery >> /etc/modules

mrexcess
2010-11-24, 19:56
I think Sygic and Wifi-info are possible to make.. but the widgets not so sure. Will check it out.

Yeah, the Cutetube icon was a breeze to make ;)

yeah i bet it was :D

the app search widget is just static icon so i assume that will be more simple.

The fm transmit diplays the current freqency so i think you may struggle with that (again assumption)

EDIT- regarding the below post:
argh sorry i missed that post, nice work as-per, ill get my app search icon sorted right now, thanks man
EDIT2- works, looks perfect thumbs up

AlMehdi
2010-11-24, 21:20
the app search widget is just static icon so i assume that will be more simple.

The fm transmit diplays the current freqency so i think you may struggle with that (again assumption)

Both are have just a "background" image as an icon.. so that is no problem. The problem is the place they are stored. I can not package it in the icon-pack but it is manually possible as i said. Go back a few post and you'll see.

one1002
2010-11-25, 09:19
Sorry.. Try this one.. i copied the former directly from the QBW-conf, but it had added code that should not be there. The below one is directly from CMD and should work.

echo " Uptime :" `uptime|cut -d" " -f4-|sed 's/\\, *load.*//'`
echo " Batteri :" `hal-device bme | awk '/g.c/ {print $3" mAh"}'` @ `cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp`C
echo " Cpu :" `awk '{print $1/1000"/"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq``awk '{print $1/1000" Mhz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq`

You need to "activate" the battery module if you haven't. You'll need Titans OC-kernel. Open terminal as root and:
echo bq27x00_battery >> /etc/modules

not working either..or should i add anything else (copy to buffer & import buffer to beecon?)?

here's the screenshot, the qbw is on the bottom left

bulelet
2010-11-25, 09:56
Yes, they do... ;)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sGTuhPI/AAAAAAAAAA4/z5xiXME-9V8/s128/Screenshot-20101123-230710.png (http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sGTuhPI/AAAAAAAAAA4/z5xiXME-9V8/Screenshot-20101123-230710.png)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sDmgh-I/AAAAAAAAAA8/dJwqr2h3Id8/s128/Screenshot-20101123-230717.png (http://lh5.ggpht.com/_1TJL1h6GM58/TOy9sDmgh-I/AAAAAAAAAA8/dJwqr2h3Id8/Screenshot-20101123-230717.png)

Did you this before or after the last update? Cause i can see the Cutetube icon is not showing...

oh there it is.
cutetube icon is from the latest build, last icon on the right with the media player.
im likin this set, good one to keep and good enough for staple icon theme

AlMehdi
2010-11-25, 10:08
not working either..or should i add anything else (copy to buffer & import buffer to beecon?)?

here's the screenshot, the qbw is on the bottom left

The type is a snippet
Width = 206
Height = 66
Command Result Settings = stats-glass.png (image goes to /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir/)

I made the code in Advanced mode.. but should be as good in CMD. You could copy it to advanced mode and try and run it.

AlMehdi
2010-11-25, 10:33
oh there it is.
cutetube icon is from the latest build, last icon on the right with the media player.
im likin this set, good one to keep and good enough for staple icon theme

The strange thing is that i changed it.. but on your screen it is still white.

bulelet
2010-11-25, 10:54
The strange thing is that i changed it.. but on your screen it is still white.

yep, just upgraded and cutetube icon is now sexy

edit: you should try and tweak the media widgets icons too, to have coherence on desktop, take my set up for example.

AlMehdi
2010-11-25, 11:13
yep, just upgraded and cutetube icon is now sexy

edit: you should try and tweak the media widgets icons too, to have coherence on desktop, take my set up for example.

Good idea.. didn't think about it. Am not using the widget. ;)

trashcanman
2010-11-25, 11:37
Excellent work guys, just when I was growing tired of my N900 I find this and my interest is renewd!

I have a couple of questions, is there a tv catchup icon?
Also could anyone point me in the right direction to get some sick greyscale or black and white wallpapers to compliment these wonderful icons?

AlMehdi
2010-11-25, 12:10
Excellent work guys, just when I was growing tired of my N900 I find this and my interest is renewd!

I have a couple of questions, is there a tv catchup icon?
Also could anyone point me in the right direction to get some sick greyscale or black and white wallpapers to compliment these wonderful icons?

Will do one for Tv Catchup.. and i use one of the stock backgrounds.. it works really good. I was using humanity but have switched to Actus Reus (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=882271#post882271) theme by daddeddad. It needs some tweaking but looks good.

Parlapipas
2010-11-25, 15:19
Will do one for Tv Catchup.. and i use one of the stock backgrounds.. it works really good. I was using humanity but have switched to Actus Reus (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=882271#post882271) theme by daddeddad. It needs some tweaking but looks good.

Hey buddy. How did you manage to use the icon pack with actus reus? If i use theme Customizer on this theme, it messes things up so i just use the theme as is because it's pretty nice! Did u overwrite the theme's icons?

AlMehdi
2010-11-25, 16:32
Hey buddy. How did you manage to use the icon pack with actus reus? If i use theme Customizer on this theme, it messes things up so i just use the theme as is because it's pretty nice! Did u overwrite the theme's icons?

No, i didn't need to. I did as normal.

The icon-themes are stored in separate sub directories under "/usr/share/icons/".. Theme Customizer take advantage of that. You have a file called gtkrc witch tells the system what theme and what icon-theme to use. So first you chose the theme, the normal way, and then the icon theme through Theme Customizer. The only "special" thing with Actus Reus is setting that theme up. You need to store it and symbol link it correct.

You can find gtkrc under "/etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc".

Parlapipas
2010-11-25, 17:11
No, i didn't need to. I did as normal.

The icon-themes are stored in separate sub directories under "/usr/share/icons/".. Theme Customizer take advantage of that. You have a file called gtkrc witch tells the system what theme and what icon-theme to use. So first you chose the theme, the normal way, and then the icon theme through Theme Customizer. The only "special" thing with Actus Reus is setting that theme up. You need to store it and symbol link it correct.

You can find gtkrc under "/etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc".

You know what's funny, I changed the icon pack through theme customizer but didn't select save and auto reboot, just apply changes. After it was set up, I powered off and then on again manually and they icons were changed successfully w/out everything messed up like before. Not sure if it is the the steps I took or the fact that I didn't change the fonts (that's what messed it up last time). Thanks for the help though. I will fiddle around with it a bit more.

d-iivil
2010-11-25, 17:46
Theme Customizer indeed fails to run if you have placed the theme into MyDocs (or any other vfat partition) and then symlinked it.

Proper way to "install" the Arcturus theme is to copy the folder directly to the:
/usr/share/themes

And forget about symlinks etc.

AlMehdi
2010-11-25, 17:55
You know what's funny, I changed the icon pack through theme customizer but didn't select save and auto reboot, just apply changes. After it was set up, I powered off and then on again manually and they icons were changed successfully w/out everything messed up like before. Not sure if it is the the steps I took or the fact that I didn't change the fonts (that's what messed it up last time). Thanks for the help though. I will fiddle around with it a bit more.

I didn't like the neon green active text color.. so i changed it to "dddddd". If you don't like the text shadow.. i opened up the gtkrc file and made a search for "chucknorris". Changed "eeeeee" to "333333".

AlMehdi
2010-11-25, 17:57
Theme Customizer indeed fails to run if you have placed the theme into MyDocs (or any other vfat partition) and then symlinked it.

Proper way to "install" the Arcturus theme is to copy the folder directly to the:
/usr/share/themes

And forget about symlinks etc.

I did.. well /home/opt/usr/share/themes.. ;)

But i guess it will get optimized either way?

plaban
2010-11-25, 18:49
Thanks for this great icon theme.

mcastro
2010-11-25, 19:08
Amazing, thx...

d-iivil
2010-11-25, 20:21
I did.. well /home/opt/usr/share/themes.. ;)

But i guess it will get optimized either way?

Yes, in PR1.3 the whole /themes -folder is actually symlink pointing to the /opt -folder you mentioned. It's just faster to type just the /usr/share... address (less characters :P).

one1002
2010-11-26, 01:02
The type is a snippet
Width = 206
Height = 66
Command Result Settings = stats-glass.png (image goes to /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir/)

I made the code in Advanced mode.. but should be as good in CMD. You could copy it to advanced mode and try and run it.

owh yea..i forgot to mention, that it's working now..thank you. :D

pious_momin
2010-11-26, 07:27
here im posting some screen shots please clearify is it a bug and if this is a bug is it in icon pack or in plastic theme as im using black plastic theme and awoken icon pack

bug: near e mail icon we can see dots and in other screen shots you see a dot line.......

http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/art/Email-187481784

http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/art/email2-187481984

and in previous version of 1.1 we had icone in app manager uninstall, download, update now in new version 1.3 those icons have turned into default icons... why?

pious_momin
2010-11-26, 07:33
and hey dude how about changing lcon of facebook widget below i have attached icons which is in grey and it suits this theme pack all in all everything in grey........

AlMehdi
2010-11-26, 08:57
here im posting some screen shots please clearify is it a bug and if this is a bug is it in icon pack or in plastic theme as im using black plastic theme and awoken icon pack

bug: near e mail icon we can see dots and in other screen shots you see a dot line.......

http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/art/Email-187481784

http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/art/email2-187481984

and in previous version of 1.1 we had icone in app manager uninstall, download, update now in new version 1.3 those icons have turned into default icons... why?

Thanks for the feed back. I am not sure.. It might be the Icon-theme (probably is) but the image looks good. It was however 32x31 and should have been 32x32. And that line looks like a 1 pixel line. I made it 32x32.. Hope it fixes it.

Yeah, i am on fixing the Facebook icon. I have noticed it locks really bad at some places. It get resized and blurry.

pious_momin
2010-11-26, 09:29
Thanks for the feed back. I am not sure.. It might be the Icon-theme (probably is) but the image looks good. It was however 32x31 and should have been 32x32. And that line looks like a 1 pixel line. I made it 32x32.. Hope it fixes it.

Yeah, i am on fixing the Facebook icon. I have noticed it locks really bad at some places. It get resized and blurry.

hope you fix this bugs in next version and FB widget icon as well..

d-iivil
2010-11-26, 09:31
As general note: those kind of dots sometimes appears (I guess it's a hildon-desktop bug) and reboot makes them go away. Ofcourse if those dots are in the png file itself, then it won't help.

pious_momin
2010-11-26, 09:33
As general note: those kind of dots sometimes appears (I guess it's a hildon-desktop bug) and reboot makes them go away. Ofcourse if those dots are in the png file itself, then it won't help.

thanks for the info dude...

AlMehdi
2010-11-26, 10:34
I will not be able to do the widget... it is like the other widget storing the icons at another place.

I can do it.. but it will have to be changed manually.

pious_momin
2010-11-26, 11:26
I will not be able to do the widget... it is like the other widget storing the icons at another place.

I can do it.. but it will have to be changed manually.

could you please guide me how to change manually FB widget icons...

J4ZZ
2010-11-26, 11:34
Fist of all I want to thank you for this awsome piece of work, I know how hard and time consuming it is to create, edit and make all these icons. (I once did skinning for moto razrs before I got caught by real life) So I really appreciate your work.

I have a few icons missing on my desktops and I hope that I can ask politely if they could be added by the time, one by one. ;)

here's my tiny list:
SnMX - Simple Note Client
Extended call log
Mobile Maps
KFZ-Check - A tool for identifying german license plates
@scene - A Youtube Player
VLC Player
Instinctiv - Musicplayer
Tickstill - Ultra nice counter, timer and alarm app
TightVNC
Qvernote - Evernote client
H-E-N - USB Hostmode
PSfreedom
Joikuspot - N900 as WiFi hotspot
Mobile Hotspot
Facebrick - Facebook client
Pidgin - Multimessenger
Healthcheck
Tracker Cfg
EmelFM2 - Filemanager
Storage Usage - View free space on device
Flipclock
blessN900
Fcam
Almost TI - Calculator
Xarchiver
Quick Panorama Pro
Twimgo - Twitter client
QStardict
Omweather

Hopefully you're having some templates for making these all. I don't want complete new icons, just greying them like the theme is would be really enough already.

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

and sorry for my english, its not my native lang :)

AlMehdi
2010-11-26, 12:19
could you please guide me how to change manually FB widget icons...

Will do so as soon i have it ready.

AlMehdi
2010-11-26, 12:24
Fist of all I want to thank you for this awsome piece of work, I know how hard and time consuming it is to create, edit and make all these icons. (I once did skinning for moto razrs before I got caught by real life) So I really appreciate your work.

I have a few icons missing on my desktops and I hope that I can ask politely if they could be added by the time, one by one. ;)

here's my tiny list:
SnMX - Simple Note Client
Extended call log
Mobile Maps
KFZ-Check - A tool for identifying german license plates
@scene - A Youtube Player
VLC Player
Instinctiv - Musicplayer
Tickstill - Ultra nice counter, timer and alarm app
TightVNC
Qvernote - Evernote client
H-E-N - USB Hostmode
PSfreedom
Joikuspot - N900 as WiFi hotspot
Mobile Hotspot
Facebrick - Facebook client
Pidgin - Multimessenger
Healthcheck
Tracker Cfg
EmelFM2 - Filemanager
Storage Usage - View free space on device
Flipclock
blessN900
Fcam
Almost TI - Calculator
Xarchiver
Quick Panorama Pro
Twimgo - Twitter client
QStardict
Omweather

Hopefully you're having some templates for making these all. I don't want complete new icons, just greying them like the theme is would be really enough already.

Greetz,

and sorry for my english, its not my native lang :)

I could... but what would the fun in that be. :)

Right now i either install the app or find it's icon on the internet. Then i use the original as template and building the icon on top.

I will not be able to do them all at once. But will try to make them all eventually.

niqbal
2010-11-26, 15:09
Absolutely wonderful job. It is time consuming to get the right icons + colors. Balance in this Icon Theme Pack is hands down the best i have seen, brilliant work. I am just unhappy i am late in installing it :)

i had my own icon pack i was using. I would love to know how to package it, maybe a guide or a link if guide is already available.

J4ZZ
2010-11-26, 15:11
Awesome mate... big thanks in advance.

Greetz,

AlMehdi
2010-11-26, 15:14
Absolutely wonderful job. It is time consuming to get the right icons + colors. Balance in this Icon Theme Pack is hands down the best i have seen, brilliant work. I am just unhappy i am late in installing it :)

i had my own icon pack i was using. I would love to know how to package it, maybe a guide or a link if guide is already available.

I wrote down some pointers in another thread. After i gotten the help of D-iivil. Take a look. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=882252&postcount=13

AlMehdi
2010-11-26, 20:11
I have finished up 10 more icons.. should be able to put through another update tomorrow. ;)

shazosbourne
2010-11-27, 04:42

There is already a step by step guide done by Andrew.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65372

AlMehdi
2010-11-27, 14:15
Update 1.0-4 will soon be available.

AlMehdi
2010-11-29, 18:39
Could somebody with h-e-n installed help me with the name of it's icon?

qosmio
2010-11-29, 19:02
Could somebody with h-e-n installed help me with the name of it's icon?

There you go....;)

kind regards Qosmio

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39565&page=225

stenny
2010-11-29, 19:38
Hmmm the Png you are looking for is called "statusarea_usb_active" and its 48x48.. its in hildon 48..

Heres mine..

regards Qosmio
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/Screenshot-20101129-175723.png

you couldn't just type this in here?

AlMehdi
2010-11-29, 20:36
Small update is ready.. should be available shortly.

I am extra proud over the blissn900 icon.. so check it out ;)

And please let me know if something looks ugly..

AlMehdi
2010-11-29, 20:37

No worries.. i should have searched for it myself ;)

qosmio
2010-11-29, 22:20

I was on my way home!! so it was quick .... sorry I won't bother next time..

@ AlMehdi.. Great work and thanks for the updates..

Regards Qosmio

percy
2010-11-30, 10:13
Attached is an Awoken-icon-theme for FileBox. It contains a folder "Awoken" that must be moved to "/opt/filebox/icons".

Then "Awoken" can be selected as an icon-theme in the settings of FileBox.

AlMehdi
2010-11-30, 17:41
Attached is an Awoken-icon-theme for FileBox. It contains a folder "Awoken" that must be moved to "/opt/filebox/icons".

Then "Awoken" can be selected as an icon-theme in the settings of FileBox.

Hmm.. if that is all what is needed i should be able to pack it in. I have made some small changes.. it will be included in the next update.

AlMehdi
2010-11-30, 18:19
New update.. added the Filebox icons by Percy. I am not sure it will work.. anyway.. let me know if something is missing or looks bad.

borghal
2010-11-30, 19:02
Thanks a million for this great ion theme, I love it!
I'm eagerly waiting for Feedingit and Conboy to be included :)

Keep up the great work!

anapospastos
2010-11-30, 19:17
I have to say that this icon pack is great. Kudos.

percy
2010-12-01, 12:41
New update.. added the Filebox icons by Percy. I am not sure it will work.. anyway.. let me know if something is missing or looks bad.

Thanks for the update, it works fine.

One thing that I am not so sure about is whether it is a good idea to package the icons with your theme. I guess it would be better to ask the author of FileBox to add them to his package...

AlMehdi
2010-12-01, 16:24
Thanks for the update, it works fine.

One thing that I am not so sure about is whether it is a good idea to package the icons with your theme. I guess it would be better to ask the author of FileBox to add them to his package...

I have been writing in his thread.. I wanted him to use the default icon location instead.. It would reduce the size and future proof both Filebox and the Icon Theme... but did not get an answer. As this works just as well it is no biggie.. Thanks for the suggestion ;)

AlMehdi
2010-12-04, 00:28
The update to 1.0-7 are on it's way..

pious_momin
2010-12-04, 08:27
thanks for the update 1.0-7, i would like to request you for two more icons for Noor and Quran applications, i have icons for this applications if you would like to have a look i can forward you,

AlMehdi
2010-12-04, 11:13
thanks for the update 1.0-7, i would like to request you for two more icons for Noor and Quran applications, i have icons for this applications if you would like to have a look i can forward you,

Absolutely! My plan was do them soon.. But i will have to do them before next week. On friday i'll go travel to Marocco and i'll stay there for 1,5 month. During this time i'll not be able to do any work on the icon theme.

pious_momin
2010-12-04, 13:41
so what are you waiting for!!!! :D goahead and make those icons like you were proud of Blessn900 icon hope to see Proud Icons for Noor and Quran and if you want to have a look of icons which i have then PM me your e-mail i'll forward you insha'Allah.
bythe way are you a Moroccon descent???
Thanks

pious_momin
2010-12-04, 14:05
here is the icon

http://piousmomin.deviantart.com/art/Quran-Icon-188431472

pious_momin
2010-12-04, 14:06
here is the icon

AlMehdi
2010-12-04, 14:33
so what are you waiting for!!!! :D goahead and make those icons like you were proud of Blessn900 icon hope to see Proud Icons for Noor and Quran and if you want to have a look of icons which i have then PM me your e-mail i'll forward you insha'Allah.
bythe way are you a Moroccon descent???
Thanks

No, i am from sweden but my wife are from morocco so we will go and visit her family. And insha'Allah the icons will come good. ;)

And thanks for the link.. but i think i will do one with a book stand. I have been waiting with this.. it is not easy to make it look good and i want it to do that.

pulse
2010-12-04, 14:50
what image set did u use for the background ?

augustthe
2010-12-04, 14:51
cool icon i really like what you did:D ,there no you can do it for qtirreco,drnoksnes,picodrive and psx4m i no u will busy just giving u a head up :)

pious_momin
2010-12-04, 14:55
here is the icon

we need two icons 1 for Noor and another for Quran and hope you can play around with this icon and make it grey or its up to you hope to see proud icons for this 2 Apps...
Thanks

AlMehdi
2010-12-04, 18:48
what image set did u use for the background ?

Did you ask me? I used one of the stock backgrounds that came with the phone. Digital Nature 4 is the name.

AlMehdi
2010-12-04, 18:49
we need two icons 1 for Noor and another for Quran and hope you can play around with this icon and make it grey or its up to you hope to see proud icons for this 2 Apps...
Thanks

Will do my best ;)

pious_momin
2010-12-04, 19:17
Will do my best ;)

Jazakallah Khair (may Allah Azzwajal reward you) for those Noor and Qur'an Apps...

Thanks Buddy...

shazosbourne
2010-12-05, 00:50
Jazakallah Khair (may Allah Azzwajal reward you) for those Noor and Qur'an Apps...

Thanks Buddy...

So how do you package for icons like those Noor and Qur'an which are stored in the pixmaps folder?

AlMehdi
2010-12-05, 01:06
So how do you package for icons like those Noor and Qur'an which are stored in the pixmaps folder?

It's only Noor that lays in pixmaps.. Qur'an lays in normal icon directory. So Noor will need to be swapped manually. I am not aware of another way regarding pixmaps. It's maybe possible to replace it.. but i am not sure it would be swapped back to original if uninstalled. So i don't dare doing it.

Edit: Ohh.. just remembered.. will do a script for those. Must do it before i leave. You could just copy that when it is done?

AlMehdi
2010-12-05, 01:10

Thanks Buddy...

Shukran sadiki ;)

(Am not good at arabic.. but learning)

AlMehdi
2010-12-05, 21:09
Have updated to 1.0-9 and added a script to swap pixmaps icons. To do that you will need to open Terminal and:

1. sudo gainroot
2. sh /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/pixmaps/pixmaps -i
3. restart the phone

To uninstall and restore the original icons
1. sudo gainroot
2. sh /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/pixmaps/pixmaps -u
3. restart the phone

I am not happy with the Noor and quran icons which i will need to do a remake of for next version. To get the Noor icon you will need to run the commands above.

AlMehdi
2010-12-05, 21:57
Made a quick fix for the Quran and Noor icons for the 1.1-0 version.. also made a decision to rename the pixmaps folder and script to extras. So it means this is how you enable the extras (pixmaps) icons.

1. sudo gainroot
2. sh /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/extras/extras.sh -i
3. restart the phone

1. sudo gainroot
2. sh /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/extras/extras.sh -u
3. restart the phone

borghal
2010-12-06, 08:54
The theme gets better and better! Thank you so much for the latest Feedingit and Conboy.

May I ask for MStardict and GarnetVM?

Kudos!

pious_momin
2010-12-06, 09:45
Have updated to 1.0-9 and added a script to swap pixmaps icons. To do that you will need to open Terminal and:

1. sudo gainroot
2. sh /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/pixmaps/pixmaps -i
3. restart the phone

1. sudo gainroot
2. sh /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/pixmaps/pixmaps -u
3. restart the phone

I am not happy with the Noor and quran icons which i will need to do a remake of for next version. To get the Noor icon you will need to run the commands above.

Salamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you)
you made it bro before before departing to Morocco, really you made once again proud icons for Noor & Qur'an, may Allah Azzawajal reward you for the work.... have a pleasent trip
thanx for the amazing icon pack

AlMehdi
2010-12-06, 20:28
The theme gets better and better! Thank you so much for the latest Feedingit and Conboy.

May I ask for MStardict and GarnetVM?

Kudos!

I will try to make one more update before i go.. might be able to get those in it.

d-iivil
2010-12-06, 20:36
Don't worry about your trip, just install vnc server to your pc and remotely do some photoshopping from your mobile computer device (n900). I do it all the time :P

That way you don't actually have to REST on your holiday, you can publish updates for this great community instead :P

AlMehdi
2010-12-06, 21:50
Don't worry about your trip, just install vnc server to your pc and remotely do some photoshopping from your mobile computer device (n900). I do it all the time :P

That way you don't actually have to REST on your holiday, you can publish updates for this great community instead :P

Thanks for the advice ;)

Have prepared for that.. did some artwork before like that. And i am Gimping not Photoshoping ;)

Thank god for Presence VNC but it takes longer and is sometimes hard to see if it went well. Also.. i am going to another country which means it will be costly to sit on the internet. Hopefully i might be able to do something but don't count on it.

d-iivil
2010-12-06, 22:12
Thanks for the advice ;)

Have prepared for that.. did some artwork before like that. And i am Gimping not Photoshoping ;)

Thank god for Presence VNC but it takes longer and is sometimes hard to see if it went well. Also.. i am going to another country which means it will be costly to sit on the internet. Hopefully i might be able to do something but don't count on it.

If you're gimping, then it's even easier. Just install easy-debian and run gimp directly on your phone :P You can then build the source packages inside easy-debian aswell ;)

AlMehdi
2010-12-06, 23:03
If you're gimping, then it's even easier. Just install easy-debian and run gimp directly on your phone :P You can then build the source packages inside easy-debian aswell ;)

Thanks! Didn't think of that you could build it from the n900. That is awesome! I have used Gimp with Easy Debian before so it is doable. The small screen will just make it take longer time.. but time i have.. now i know i will be doing some icons sitting on the beach drinking from coco nuts. ;)

And i might find an Internet café to send it through to autobuilder.

d-iivil
2010-12-06, 23:09
Thanks! Didn't think of that you could build it from the n900. That is awesome! I have used Gimp with Easy Debian before so it is doable. The small screen will just make it take longer time.. but time i have.. now i know i will be doing some icons sitting on the beach drinking from coco nuts. ;)

And i might find an Internet café to send it through to autobuilder.

Haha! Vacation :P

slai
2010-12-09, 21:48
You sure are dedicated =P !

Some more icon requests for your vacationtimes if need be:

- FastSMS
- OVI Store
- Angry Birds
- Hermes
- Zen Bound

Nice work on DrNokSNES icon! I really like it =P

pindu
2010-12-10, 19:08
where can i find the wallpaper in the first post?

kamil365
2010-12-10, 20:44
where can i find the wallpaper in the first post?

It's from theme ubuntu.

augustthe
2010-12-10, 21:10
cool icon i really like what you did ,there no way you can do this for qcpufreq,bt hid connect,psfreedom and openarena i no u are really busy just giving u a head up

AlMehdi
2010-12-12, 16:21
cool icon i really like what you did ,there no way you can do this for qcpufreq,bt hid connect,psfreedom and openarena i no u are really busy just giving u a head up

I am currently on vacation.. and somehow Easy Debian didn´t want to work. So it will take a while before i can continue my work if i can´t solve it in another way.

ricardo8
2010-12-13, 02:22
Anyone could help?
How can i change the icon/avatar on the conversations in the "You" (my own's/sender's) avatar thru filebox? Under which filename and folder? For example, the default for the recipient's avatar is in the /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/hildon. With a filename of general_default_avatar.png

kindly help me.
Thanks in advance.

AlMehdi
2010-12-17, 17:14
Anyone could help?
How can i change the icon/avatar on the conversations in the "You" (my own's/sender's) avatar thru filebox? Under which filename and folder? For example, the default for the recipient's avatar is in the /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/hildon. With a filename of general_default_avatar.png

kindly help me.
Thanks in advance.

I am not sure which one you are after but It follows the same path as the default.. so it should be in /usr/share/icons/awoken-icon-theme/64x64/hildon.

pious_momin
2011-01-24, 09:47
@ AlMehdi, Bro are you back?

AlMehdi
2011-01-24, 13:43
Yes, i am back.. came home last week. But have not had time to do any work on the theme. I have had a cold a couple of days... and now my son have ha cold :(

I will try to upload something soon... not sure when.

pious_momin
2011-01-24, 18:39
we are happy that you back home, no problem bro take your own time for your updates, hope it will be loodsss of updates :D

n900maniac
2011-01-24, 20:00
Nice icons. Thank you.

AlMehdi
2011-01-26, 13:17
Another update to AwOken 1.1-1 (http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-testing_free_armel/awoken-icon-theme/1.1-1/) are ready.. should be available soon. ;)

pious_momin
2011-01-26, 18:51
Another update to AwOken 1.1-1 (http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-testing_free_armel/awoken-icon-theme/1.1-1/) are ready.. should be available soon. ;)

Thank you AlMehdi you rock bro....... now my N900 is Alive with your new updates

mrexcess
2011-01-31, 02:33
got the new update with TV catchup player and a few other icons added.

Great work AlMehdi :D

AlMehdi
2011-01-31, 14:41
got the new update with TV catchup player and a few other icons added.

Great work AlMehdi :D

I actually did that icon two month or so ago.. i just forgot to promote the package to testing which i did with my last update. So it have been lingering in extras-devel. Sorry for that and thanks for your feed back. ;)

Raif
2011-01-31, 19:53
I love this iconset, so much so that I now have it installed on my ubuntu machines also:D

If your looking @ the next batch of icons to update is there any chance you could look @ VNC viewer & Wizard Mounter?

Icon are not my thing, everytime I fiddle they end up looking like arse!

fuyoh
2011-02-02, 08:22
the icons in clock application are somehow distorted when clicked, hope you can fix it.

AlMehdi
2011-02-02, 08:35
the icons in clock application are somehow distorted when clicked, hope you can fix it.

Distorted? Do you have a print screen (ctrl+shift+p) on that. I don't think it is the icon themes fault. It might be cause of a program you have.

fuyoh
2011-02-02, 16:48
Distorted? Do you have a print screen (ctrl+shift+p) on that. I don't think it is the icon themes fault. It might be cause of a program you have.

the screenshot

AlMehdi
2011-02-02, 17:23
the screenshot

Looks like the pressed icon need to be smaller and allow cropping. I'll change that to the next version.

Thanks! ;)

pious_momin
2011-02-02, 18:00
the screenshot

@ fuyoh thanks for your efforts dude, for reporting the bug, infact i was about to report this bug.....

thanks

pious_momin
2011-02-13, 21:23
Looks like the pressed icon need to be smaller and allow cropping. I'll change that to the next version.

Thanks! ;)

Suggestions:

1. Online Icon with green skype and msn logo
when some one is online it appears green in colour
when some one is busy it appears red in colour

this two part are correct

but

when some in is offline it appears some different logo round with x mark in grey colour, well if you can change it to same logo of msn and skype in grey colour instead of this ugly default offline logo

and same for away sign which appears in blue clock logo, if you can change it to same skype and msn logo in blue colour

this will make this icon pack awesome

what do you guys say?

AlMehdi
2011-02-13, 21:41
I have been planning to change the away icon.. but been thinking that a MSN/Skype-logo would be confusing. Same goes for the offline-logo.

Now when you mention it I might reconsider. The clock icon does not look good and a blue MSN/Skype-logo might be better. However i am not sure i think the offline-logo is bad. I'll look into it. Very thankful for your critique. :)

To everyone: Also want to say i am sorry that i have not released an upgrade for a while. I have been busy on other things. I hope to release something soon.

pious_momin
2011-02-14, 17:25
I have been planning to change the away icon.. but been thinking that a MSN/Skype-logo would be confusing. Same goes for the offline-logo.

Now when you mention it I might reconsider. The clock icon does not look good and a blue MSN/Skype-logo might be better. However i am not sure i think the offline-logo is bad. I'll look into it. Very thankful for your critique. :)

To everyone: Also want to say i am sorry that i have not released an upgrade for a while. I have been busy on other things. I hope to release something soon.

thanks for your consideration, as i mention my idea about making offline logo into msn/skype icons in grey and away icon in blue would be awesome idea to make your theme pack amazing...... trust me bro.......

i got some other suggestions:

1.when it comes to Debian chroot and Debian LXDE have both same icons and bit confusing while operate, hope to change it in next version

2. when you look into filemanager and icon for .deb files in beach colour written DEB lookd ugly and could you change it to Official debain logo you might find plenty of thme in Awoken icon pack

3. file .zip icon in filemnager
4. .torrent files icon in filemanager

but last not least..... bunch of icons:

aMSN
ATI85
AutoremoveSms
babyphone
BlueMaemo
Dorian
EvilAlarm
FMBoost
FuelPad
glogarchive
MadDevelopers
MaeGirls
MaeGym
MobileMaps10
MstarDict
PSFreedom
RAWViewer
QucikFlickr
Recorder
SleepAnalyser
SleepPy
SlideToGo (Version 2.001(364)
Toshl
TwimGo
URemote
VNCViewer
Vicar
WifiAssistant
WifiEye
Wordpress
XBoc360Media :D

the reason why im not posting screen shot is im unable to take screee shots ctrl+shift+p its not working for me nor the other way of taking screen shots maemo 5

AlMehdi
2011-02-17, 03:28
thanks for your consideration, as i mention my idea about making offline logo into msn/skype icons in grey and away icon in blue would be awesome idea to make your theme pack amazing...... trust me bro.......

I have prepared to make some of those icons but have currently not been able to do any work. I am trying out Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha2 and have not been able to get Gimp v2.7 working yet. I am not sure when but hope i can fix this soon. So this is mainly the reason for the delay right now.

mattiasbäx
2011-02-17, 15:11
Nice icons! anyone know a good theme that goes with it?

AlMehdi
2011-02-17, 20:39

I am currently on Array but have previously used Humanity. Personally i think dark backgrounds are more important than the theme. ;)

AlMehdi
2011-02-17, 20:41
I gave up and reinstalled Gimp v2.6.. so have made about 10 new icons. Will probably release an upgrade this weekend. ;)

pious_momin
2011-02-17, 21:06
I gave up and reinstalled Gimp v2.6.. so have made about 10 new icons. Will probably release an upgrade this weekend. ;)

Good!! that you have solved Gimp issues, and thanks for new 10 icons but im very eager to see skype/msn icon for offline and away hope you'll add them in your upcoming updates this weekend :D

pious_momin
2011-02-17, 21:15

As per my opinion this icon pack fits perfectly with Plastic Pleego Blue/Orange..... both this things makes my N900 looks awesome!!! :D

AlMehdi
2011-02-19, 08:33
The new upgrade will be available in about 30 min. ;)

nathaneous
2011-02-19, 09:40
The new upgrade will be available in about 30 min. ;)

Do i need to reboot my phone after updating for changes to take affect?

Thanks

AlMehdi
2011-02-19, 09:42
Do i need to reboot my phone after updating for changes to take affect?

Thanks

Yes, as always when it comes to icon-themes. They need to be loaded again. It might be enough to just kill hildon-home but probably best to restart.

AlMehdi
2011-02-19, 10:02
A note on the last update:
I have fixed the clock setup cropping bug. The aMSN icon are enabled through the extras-script. Added about 20 new icons.

I also found a bug. I apparently changed the wrong debian icon. It will be sorted in the next upgrade. I might also take a look at the script again. It need some improvements. The script is not executed so nice right now.

pious_momin
2011-02-19, 11:31
A note on the last update:
I have fixed the clock setup cropping bug. The aMSN icon are enabled through the extras-script. Added about 20 new icons.

I also found a bug. I apparently changed the wrong debian icon. It will be sorted in the next upgrade. I might also take a look at the script again. It need some improvements. The script is not executed so nice right now.

Thanks for the updates!!! and thanks to fix the bug in clock setup and how to enable aMSN icons could you paste the script

Bug: wrong debian icon

expecting new improvements in next update: :D

Skype/MSN grey offline icon
Skype/MSN blue away icon
.deb file icon in file manager

in settings:

Icons

Control Panel ProfilesX
Hide User Agent
Message Blocker
Presence Notifier
WPA Keys

VOIP and IM Accounts:

Icons

Yahoo
Ovi
Twitter
AIM
Gadu Gadu
Google Voice
Group Wise
MSN (Haze)
People Nearly
QQ
Same Time

pious_momin
2011-02-19, 11:37
To be honest i only use your icon pack and black plastic theme.... so i always be the 1st to request for more updates.... i like this icon pack too much, hope you understand and will update my request and specially im very eager to see Offline and Away Icons as Skye/MSN

Thanks AlMehdi for Amazing Icon Pack for N900 :D

AlMehdi
2011-02-19, 12:32
To be honest i only use your icon pack and black plastic theme.... so i always be the 1st to request for more updates.... i like this icon pack too much, hope you understand and will update my request and specially im very eager to see Offline and Away Icons as Skye/MSN

Thanks AlMehdi for Amazing Icon Pack for N900 :D

Thanks for the suggestions. I find your critique very helpful. ;)

I have actually already added the msn/skype away icon. I have not yet decided on the offline icon. I will have look at the yahoo and other social account icons. Am not sure where to find them though. Might make a mini upgrade soon.. or a bigger for next week.

pious_momin
2011-02-19, 13:00
Thanks for the suggestions. I find your critique very helpful. ;)

I have actually already added the msn/skype away icon. I have not yet decided on the offline icon. I will have look at the yahoo and other social account icons. Am not sure where to find them though. Might make a mini upgrade soon.. or a bigger for next week.

Thank you very much!!! hope to see more updates!!! can help you with social account icons will e-mail you soon and please do add offline and away skype/MSN icons in your next update.... :D

SpRoOoOo
2011-02-19, 15:41
the phone acted crazy after update this morning , please help restore it back ,

I can't access any of the settings menu:

I did a reboot and removed the pack and I'm still can't control the phone. please help thank you .

AlMehdi
2011-02-19, 15:53
the phone acted crazy after update this morning , please help restore it back ,

I can't access any of the settings menu:

I did a reboot and removed the pack and I'm still can't control the phone. please help thank you .

I am pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the awoken-icon-theme. It might have happened something during the install. So a re-installation might do it. But the only scenario i can think of is one where the icons would not show. The settings menu would still open.

So it might be related to Theme Customizer but i doubt that too.

Edit: You might wanna install Sysklogd to get a log on the error. It would help hunting down the error easier.

AlMehdi
2011-02-21, 10:28
A new update has been sent to autobuilder and should be available soon.

I had missed to add one of the msn/skype away icons in the last update but should now work. I also changed the msn/skype off-line icon. And added some im icons and program icons.

pious_momin
2011-02-21, 19:15
A new update has been sent to autobuilder and should be available soon.

I had missed to add one of the msn/skype away icons in the last update but should now work. I also changed the msn/skype off-line icon. And added some im icons and program icons.

All i can say is WOW!!!! with skype/msn offline icon and away icon and with huge updates this icon pack looks soooooooooooo Awesome. Thanks Bro AlMehdi you ROCKS!!!!!

Since you mad this icon pack i never i never changed this icon pack it makes my N900 look like REAL MEN!!!!!

Jazakallah Khair (May Allah Azzawajal reward you) for such AMAZING ICON PACK........

AlMehdi
2011-02-21, 19:31
All i can say is WOW!!!! with skype/msn offline icon and away icon and with huge updates this icon pack looks soooooooooooo Awesome. Thanks Bro AlMehdi you ROCKS!!!!!

Since you mad this icon pack i never i never changed this icon pack it makes my N900 look like REAL MEN!!!!!

Jazakallah Khair (May Allah Azzawajal reward you) for such AMAZING ICON PACK........

wa yazaka allah aydan

Thanks for all the kind words! My plan with the Awoken-icon-theme has been and still is to make it the most complete icon pack for Maemo. And you have helped a lot. It is not always easy to find what needs to be done alone.

I just wish there was some way to see how many downloads it has. If someone figure it out please share.. ;)

ayazpak
2011-02-21, 19:45
It will be a good change, you are welcomed.

pious_momin
2011-02-22, 07:03
hey guys i want to post some bugs but im unable to take screenshots by ctrl+shift+p whats the real issue???

pious_momin
2011-02-22, 17:57
wa yazaka allah aydan

Thanks for all the kind words! My plan with the Awoken-icon-theme has been and still is to make it the most complete icon pack for Maemo. And you have helped a lot. It is not always easy to find what needs to be done alone.

I just wish there was some way to see how many downloads it has. If someone figure it out please share.. ;)

Assalamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you) im with more bugs and requests as well :D

have a look in my gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/?saved=1

Have a look here:

1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468265431/
2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468860346/
3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468267129/
4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468268467/
5. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468864026/
6. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468270851/
7. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468865406/
8. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468866026/
9. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468272681/
10. http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468275845/

AlMehdi
2011-02-22, 18:53
It seams like you solved the screen shot problem (or did you men you could not post it here?)

And thanks again for proposing fixes. I actually left the off-line icon untouched as i liked it. But i can change it to the next update.

I will need to test if the blue msn/skype away icon can be made darker. It can be hard to see it if it becomes too dark. I actually did it darker first but changed it. I didn't test the darker one in the wild... so will see how it work.

Could you explain little more what you where thinking with your 6th proposal?

You are right about the green ! icon... should have used the yellow instead.

Widgets like the facebook one you mentioned are harder to fix. Those "icons" are in another folder. Which means i will need to swap them with the help of the attached script. I am not that happy with the script right now but will try to improve it.

pious_momin
2011-02-22, 19:34
It seams like you solved the screen shot problem (or did you men you could not post it here?)

And thanks again for proposing fixes. I actually left the off-line icon untouched as i liked it. But i can change it to the next update.

I will need to test if the blue msn/skype away icon can be made darker. It can be hard to see it if it becomes too dark. I actually did it darker first but changed it. I didn't test the darker one in the wild... so will see how it work.

Could you explain little more what you where thinking with your 6th proposal?

You are right about the green ! icon... should have used the yellow instead.

Widgets like the facebook one you mentioned are harder to fix. Those "icons" are in another folder. Which means i will need to swap them with the help of the attached script. I am not that happy with the script right now but will try to improve it.

1. infact i haven't solved screenshots issue, i tried all ways but coundn't try to fixed it.... i took this screenshots using vlc viewer + fullshot9 pc application then cropped it blured it in Photoshop CS5 :D

2. to make it look good you need to change this offline icon, coz other two icons looks good eg. online, busy when it comes to offline it looks ugly like incomplete!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468265431/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468860346/

3. if the dark blue icon makes harder to see, then this will be fine but just double check and test :D

4. with the 6th proposal ovi icon need to change

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468270851/

5. with this ! logo if you make a green skype/msn logo and in between the yellow ! same as evil alarm. will look awesome :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468268467/

even here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/5468275845/

6: as far as facebook widget, never mind just leave it.....

Andrew_b
2011-02-22, 19:42
Thank you so much for your work on this fantastic icon pack, I absolutely love it to bits. I can't imagine using anything else from now on. You have produced so many custom icons, it's simply amazing.

I feel like a bit of a moaner here now, considering how great this pack looks, but have to pass comment on the choice of graphic for the 'Phone' icon. I can see clearly that it's a representation of our legendary pocket computer. I have to ask the question though. If I had never used this device before and picked it up needing to make an emergency call, would it be obvious to me that this was the icon to click?

I understand you can't keep changing all your hard work every time one of us says we don't like a particular icon, but I could be making a valid point here about accessibility for emergency calling. I'm more than happy to see a string of replies from the community telling me to STFU, but if there are a reasonable number of users who feel the same might you consider creating a new Phone icon which perhaps looks more like and old fashioned 1970's two-piece telephone?

Keep up your good work, my desktops look so cool!

AlMehdi
2011-02-22, 20:25
I feel like a bit of a moaner here now, considering how great this pack looks, but have to pass comment on the choice of graphic for the 'Phone' icon...

First of all i am very thank full of your critique. ;)

I do not think it could be a problem for emergency calls.. If you open the app menu you will not only see the icon but also a text describing it. Also the power menu do not use an icon just the text "phone".

That was one of the first icons i made thus it is a lot of work behind it. It took some time before i got it right and had to remake it a couple of times. So i will not change it in the package.

It is fairly easy to manually change it though.

AlMehdi
2011-02-23, 08:00
Did an all nighter, thus have an new update ready ;)

Changelog for v1.1-4:
* Added the ovi icon
* Added the ovi store icon
* Added the autodisconnect icon
* Added the messageblock icon
* Added the im-irc icon
* Added the im-twitter icon
* Added the im-vkontakte icon
* Added the im-theonering icon
* Added the hideuseragent icon
* Added the presence-notifier icon
* Added the txt-msg-to-mail icon
* Added the mobile maps icon
* Added the wpakey editor icon
* Added the arabiciradio icon
* Added the autoremovesms icon
* improved the im-away-error icons
* improved the im-busy-error icons
* improved the im-online-error icons
* improved the im-away icons
* improved the im-busy icons
* improved the im-offline icons
* improved the im-online icons
* improved the app man icons

pious_momin
2011-02-23, 12:52
Did an all nighter, thus have an new update ready ;)

Changelog for v1.1-4:
* Added the ovi icon
* Added the ovi store icon
* Added the autodisconnect icon
* Added the messageblock icon
* Added the im-irc icon
* Added the im-twitter icon
* Added the im-vkontakte icon
* Added the im-theonering icon
* Added the hideuseragent icon
* Added the presence-notifier icon
* Added the txt-msg-to-mail icon
* Added the mobile maps icon
* Added the wpakey editor icon
* Added the arabiciradio icon
* Added the autoremovesms icon
* improved the im-away icons
* improved the im-busy icons
* improved the im-offline icons
* improved the im-online icons
* improved the app man icons

WOW!!! AWESOME. Thanks for your hardwork doing all the night :D for making this look more powerful than ever! For fullfilling my requests and when i look @ this Awoken Icon Pack it makes me :).... Thanks for everything bro YOU ROCK
let me get into more deeper in this icon pack and will let you know more suggestions!!! But let me give you a BREAK BRO..... :D For sometime

Switch_
2011-02-23, 13:20
1. infact i haven't solved screenshots issue, i tried all ways but coundn't try to fixed it.... i took this screenshots using vlc viewer + fullshot9 pc application then cropped it blured it in Photoshop CS5 :D

sudo gainroot
gconf-schemas --register hildon-desktop-keys.schemas
reboot

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

pious_momin
2011-02-23, 14:35
sudo gainroot
gconf-schemas --register hildon-desktop-keys.schemas
reboot

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thank you for the command bro, i have tried it but with no success!!
what would be the real issue with this??

anapospastos
2011-02-23, 23:24
Firstly, I have to say that awoken icon set is one of the best appearance modification for our N900. Thank you very much man for this. I ve some applications icons to request for modification. These are bariosquare, N900ftp, madbomber, stellarium mobile(commercial so maybe not), gonvert, sticky notes and liqflow.

AlMehdi
2011-02-24, 11:21
Firstly, I have to say that awoken icon set is one of the best appearance modification for our N900. Thank you very much man for this. I ve some applications icons to request for modification. These are bariosquare, N900ftp, madbomber, stellarium mobile(commercial so maybe not), gonvert, sticky notes and liqflow.

Thanks! I will try to put them in the next update. Maybe you could help me with the Stellarium one. The icon is probably named "stellarium.png" or something similar. First you need to find out where it is.

Open terminal and write this: "cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/stellarium[tab][tab]" You press the [tab] button for auto-complete. It should be "stellarium.list" or "stellarium-mobile.list" or something similar. It will then print out where all the files where put when you installed stellarium. For example it could say "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/stellarium.png"

Another way would be to search for it.
1. sudo gainroot
2. find /usr/share/icons -name "stellarium*png"

Then you just copy the path from the above like this: "cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/stellarium.png /home/user/MyDocs" so it will be placed in MyDocs. And then attach it to the forum.

anapospastos
2011-02-24, 12:31
Ok I ve found two. One into 64x64 folder and one into 48x48. Attached them.

AlMehdi
2011-02-24, 14:58
@anapospastos: I discovered that both Sticky Notes and n900ftp have there icons in pixmaps folder. This is a problem. It's outside the normal place for icons on the n900. So i have made a script to reach and change those. You will need to run the script.

AlMehdi
2011-02-25, 03:40
I am currently having big plans for the next update. I am trying to teach my self basic PyQT so i can make a program to handle the pixmaps icons. This means it might take little extra time until i can have a new update ready.. ;)

GreatGonzo
2011-02-25, 04:20
Could you 'themefy' the vpnc-gui icons, please.

pious_momin
2011-02-25, 10:16
I am currently having big plans for the next update. I am trying to teach my self basic PyQT so i can make a program to handle the pixmaps icons. This means it might take little extra time until i can have a new update ready.. ;)

Take your own time bro, will be waiting for new big updates :D

pious_momin
2011-03-01, 07:58
http://alecive.deviantart.com/art/AwOken-1-9-163570862

AwOken 1.9

AlMehdi
2011-03-02, 10:36
Ok.. will be releasing v1.1-5 soon. It have the new program for changing icons in pixmaps folder (a great thanks goes to Saturn). As i am still learning i am not sure how stable it is. So i advice not to test it. I want to see if all the permissions are correct after autobuilder have done it's work on it.

It will not be compatible with the script i provided earlier. So if you have used that.. be sure to reset the original icons before you upgrade. If you do upgrade without resetting the icons first.. you will need to reinstall the programs for original icons.

Also.. If you do test it.. be sure to make an backup first.

AlMehdi
2011-03-02, 14:06
It was working.. but had a bug.. so am sending v1.1-6 to autobuilder now.

Hmm.. apparently i missed to move the file to it's correct place. Will send v1.1-7 that fixes it to autobuilder soon.

AlMehdi
2011-03-03, 18:16
A new version is ready (v1.1-7). The Gui should work now. It would be nice to have some feedback on that. No restart is needed but it will take a couple of minutes before the extras icons are shown/updated.

Extras contain:
Fcamera, Noor, n900ftp, gologarchiver, Wifi-switcher, Recorder, aMSN and App Search Widget.

Will be doing more extras icons in the future.

pious_momin
2011-03-04, 11:51
A new version is ready (v1.1-7). The Gui should work now. It would be nice to have some feedback on that. No restart is needed but it will take a couple of minutes before the extras icons are shown/updated.

Extras contain:
Fcamera, Noor, n900ftp, gologarchiver, Wifi-switcher, Recorder, aMSN and App Search Widget.

Will be doing more extras icons in the future.

Wonderful work bro... good to see icons for pixmaps and we need more icons.... i got some requests will let you know soon by this weekend

AlMehdi
2011-03-05, 04:59
Just released v1.1-8. The Sticky-note icon can be found in extras.. so you will need to use the AwOken Extras App to enable it.

* Added the wifi-assistant icon
* Added the bambuser icon
* Added the barriosquare icon
* Added the sticky-notes icon to extras
* Added the stellarium icon
* Added the liqflow icon
* Added the xournal icon
* Added the gonvert icon
* Improved the awoken extras icon

AlMehdi
2011-03-05, 06:36
Found a bug and it seams like Barriosquare uses two icons.. releasing a quickfix in v1.1-9 to sort it out.

pious_momin
2011-03-05, 21:16
Found a bug and it seams like Barriosquare uses two icons.. releasing a quickfix in v1.1-9 to sort it out.

Salamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you) Bro....

here are some request kindly go through them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/sets/72157626077798563/

AlMehdi
2011-03-06, 01:08
Salamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you) Bro....

here are some request kindly go through them: http://www.flickr.com/photos/piousmomin/sets/72157626077798563/

Thanks again! I was counting on you to give me some work. ;)

Ok, have looked at the link with the icons you request. The Recaller is already in the pack.. have to see why it is not working. And please give me the names of the widgets.. I also noticed that the wifi-switcher icon was a bit large so might reduce it little.

I made the warning sign on the msn/skype status icon little bigger... i first tried with a smaller but it was hard to see it. I will recheck to see if i can reduce the size little.

And on the deb-files.. do i understand you correct that you want an debian logo instead of the "deb" text?

pious_momin
2011-03-06, 15:24
Thanks again! I was counting on you to give me some work. ;)

Ok, have looked at the link with the icons you request. The Recaller is already in the pack.. have to see why it is not working. And please give me the names of the widgets.. I also noticed that the wifi-switcher icon was a bit large so might reduce it little.

I made the warning sign on the msn/skype status icon little bigger... i first tried with a smaller but it was hard to see it. I will recheck to see if i can reduce the size little.

And on the deb-files.. do i understand you correct that you want an debian logo instead of the "deb" text?

Welcome :) finally i gave you some work :D
Widget names: Multi-calendar Date Widget, Facebook Desktop Widget, Twitter Widget, AP News Desktop Widget,

Warning Sign is bit bigger, can only see Warning Sign rest hard to see

yes debian logo instead deb

Regards,

pious_momin
2011-03-08, 07:29
bro have a look @ this: http://i.solidfiles.net/fcb7.png

is it possible to change the colour of e-mail notification to grey?

AlMehdi
2011-03-08, 21:36
bro have a look @ this: http://i.solidfiles.net/fcb7.png

is it possible to change the colour of e-mail notification to grey?

Hmm.. i have. But might have missed a folder. For me it shows the correct icon for mail-notifications.

pious_momin
2011-03-09, 07:53
Hmm.. i have. But might have missed a folder. For me it shows the correct icon for mail-notifications.

Well i was taking about the notification box, default it's in yellowish color and in this theme (link) it's in light green color. i was wondering to have it in grey color which suits AwOken Icon Pack....

AlMehdi
2011-03-09, 08:15
Well i was taking about the notification box, default it's in yellowish color and in this theme (link) it's in light green color. i was wondering to have it in grey color which suits AwOken Icon Pack....

Ahh.. well that depends on the theme you are currently using so it has nothing with the icon theme to do. It would be fairly easy to it manually though.. it should be located in "/usr/share/themes/{theme-name}/images/".

pious_momin
2011-03-09, 08:33
Ahh.. well that depends on the theme you are currently using so it has nothing with the icon theme to do. It would be fairly easy to it manually though.. it should be located in "/usr/share/themes/{theme-name}/images/".

Thank you for the info..... hey why dont you create you own theme :D

AlMehdi
2011-03-09, 10:01
Thank you for the info..... hey why dont you create you own theme :D

That was my original thought.. but this icon-theme has been more work than i originally realized. So i might do a Theme later.

pious_momin
2011-03-09, 11:40
That was my original thought.. but this icon-theme has been more work than i originally realized. So i might do a Theme later.

Are you working on AwOken Icon Pack? when can we expect updates?

AlMehdi
2011-03-09, 12:06
Are you working on AwOken Icon Pack? when can we expect updates?

I have been busy with my son who have caught an ill.. and been familiarize my self with PyQT/Qt Quick/QML and Qt Creator. I have made five icons but will do some more before next version.

pious_momin
2011-03-09, 14:28
I have been busy with my son who have caught an ill.. and been familiarize my self with PyQT/Qt Quick/QML and Qt Creator. I have made five icons but will do some more before next version.

May Allah Azzawajal cure your son soon Insha'Allah-Ameen.
hope you have worked on caution icon "!" to make it bit smaller so all 4 icons would be visible.... hope to see more updates
Thanks!!!

Regards,

AlMehdi
2011-03-10, 11:50
A new update to is ready and should be available in the repos soon. Added changing of the recaller icons and hijri (multical-date widget) in the AwOken Extras App.

Version 1.2-0
* Added the babyphone icon
* Added the colorcode icon
* Added the imagesetmaker icon
* Added the qtmail icon
* Added the situare icon
* Added the fapn icon
* Added the gnome-nettool icon
* Added the vpnc-gui icon
* Added the sheettogo icon
* Added the wordtogo icon
* Added the woller icon
* Added the googlelatitude icon
* Added the microemulator icon
* Added the multical-date-widget icon
* Added the easypark icon
* Added the recaller-on icon
* Added the recaller-off icon
* Made som changes to the Awoken Extras App

pious_momin
2011-03-11, 07:03
A new update to is ready and should be available in the repos soon. Added changing of the recaller icons and hijri (multical-date widget) in the AwOken Extras App.

Version 1.2-0
* Added the babyphone icon
* Added the colorcode icon
* Added the imagesetmaker icon
* Added the qtmail icon
* Added the situare icon
* Added the fapn icon
* Added the gnome-nettool icon
* Added the vpnc-gui icon
* Added the sheettogo icon
* Added the wordtogo icon
* Added the woller icon
* Added the googlelatitude icon
* Added the microemulator icon
* Added the multical-date-widget icon
* Added the easypark icon
* Added the recaller-on icon
* Added the recaller-off icon
* Made som changes to the Awoken Extras App

Thanks for the wonderful updates, i don't see hijri multi calender and recaller changes. is it a bug or i'am the only one facing it? could you please post some of screensh**ts of it.

Thanks

AlMehdi
2011-03-11, 07:08
Thanks for the wonderful updates, i don't see hijri multi calender and recaller changes. is it a bug or i'am the only one facing it? could you please post some of screensh**ts of it.

Thanks

Yeah.. noticed this too.. Apparently i had missed to put two ")" in the code which rendered to the whole app not functioning. I located the problem yesterday but was too tired to go through the code again. Did that the first thing when i woke up and released the v1.2-1 version. It should work now.

I tried many different looks.. but settled with this.

pious_momin
2011-03-11, 18:25
Yeah.. noticed this too.. Apparently i had missed to put two ")" in the code which rendered to the whole app not functioning. I located the problem yesterday but was too tired to go through the code again. Did that the first thing when i woke up and released the v1.2-1 version. It should work now.

I tried many different looks.. but settled with this.

Version 1.2-1 working!!! and wonderful look thanks for the Multi Calender Widget.... keep it up bro. U ROCKS!!!!

AlMehdi
2011-03-13, 14:29
Putting through another version. PSfreedom and Quick Widgets are in Extras app.

1.2-2 * Added the diskusage icon
* Added the minber icon
* Added the synaptic icon
* Added the madbomber icon
* Added the navit icon
* Added two vicar icons
* Added the mysocials icon
* Added the dialcentral icon
* Added the quick-widgets icon
* Added the psfreedom icon
* Improved the recaller-on icon
* Improved the recaller-off icon

pious_momin
2011-03-13, 15:17
putting through another version. Psfreedom and quick widgets are in extras app.

1.2-2 * added the diskusage icon
* added the minber icon
* added the synaptic icon
* added the madbomber icon
* added the navit icon
* added two vicar icons
* added the mysocials icon
* added the dialcentral icon
* added the quick-widgets icon
* added the psfreedom icon
* improved the recaller-on icon
* improved the recaller-off icon

thank q very much!!!!! For wonderful updates

pious_momin
2011-03-13, 16:52
Putting through another version. PSfreedom and Quick Widgets are in Extras app.

1.2-2 * Added the diskusage icon
* Added the minber icon
* Added the synaptic icon
* Added the madbomber icon
* Added the navit icon
* Added two vicar icons
* Added the mysocials icon
* Added the dialcentral icon
* Added the quick-widgets icon
* Added the psfreedom icon
* Improved the recaller-on icon
* Improved the recaller-off icon

updated to version 1.2-2 but no changes so far. is it a BUG?

AlMehdi
2011-03-13, 16:53
updated to version 1.2-2 but no changes so far. is it a BUG?

ahh... forgot to exchange the folder with icons.. sending it to autobuilder again.

pious_momin
2011-03-14, 07:48
ahh... forgot to exchange the folder with icons.. sending it to autobuilder again.

It's working now!!! A BIGGGGGGG THANKS!!!

thedarkus
2011-03-14, 21:28
Hi AlMehdi! First of all, a big big BIG thanks for the massive work u r doing for the users of N900, I'm using your icon theme by month!!

I wanto to ask you for 4 icons again: Angry Birds, Bounce Evolution, the Battery Graph application and, last but not least, an icon for the Wi-Fi switcher trigger in the status bar menu. Do you think is possibile to do this?

Tnx again man, your work is very amazig

Ciao from Italy :)

d!

AlMehdi
2011-03-14, 22:23
Hi AlMehdi! First of all, a big big BIG thanks for the massive work u r doing for the users of N900, I'm using your icon theme by month!!

I wanto to ask you for 4 icons again: Angry Birds, Bounce Evolution, the Battery Graph application and, last but not least, an icon for the Wi-Fi switcher trigger in the status bar menu. Do you think is possibile to do this?

Tnx again man, your work is very amazig

Ciao from Italy :)

d!

BatteryGraph and Wifi-switcher does already exist. Wifi-switcher get's enabled by the awoken extras app (included). I have not decided on the game icons yet. Normally they look good and i am not sure i can do them justice. Also if i would go for it.. it would take a lot of work.

As of now i leave it open.. it is a big possibility i will make those later.

thedarkus
2011-03-14, 22:44
BatteryGraph and Wifi-switcher does already exist. Wifi-switcher get's enabled by the awoken extras app (included). I have not decided on the game icons yet. Normally they look good and i am not sure i can do them justice. Also if i would go for it.. it would take a lot of work.

As of now i leave it open.. it is a big possibility i will make those later.

Hi AlMehdi, tnx for your quick reply. I did an error, it's not Battery-graph but it's Battery-Eye Application. Do you think doin' this icon is useful for our community?

And for Wifi Switcher, can u show me in some way how the icon should looks? I enabled the awoken extra app, but i conitnue to see a green-based icon in my status menu. Not really a problem, but i'm not sure that the icon is really changed.

For the games it's not a problem too. I asked for this icons only because in my phone all icons are grey but AngryBirds and Bounce :p

d!

AlMehdi
2011-03-14, 23:07
Hi AlMehdi, tnx for your quick reply. I did an error, it's not Battery-graph but it's Battery-Eye Application. Do you think doin' this icon is useful for our community?

And for Wifi Switcher, can u show me in some way how the icon should looks? I enabled the awoken extra app, but i conitnue to see a green-based icon in my status menu. Not really a problem, but i'm not sure that the icon is really changed.

For the games it's not a problem too. I asked for this icons only because in my phone all icons are grey but AngryBirds and Bounce :p

d!

Ohh.. Yes, of course i can do that one. Will try to do it for the next version. I'll attach the Wifi-switcher icon..

GreatGonzo
2011-03-14, 23:10
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I enable the "extras" quick-widget icon?

It just looks like the awoken extras application isn't changing anything.
See below....

thedarkus
2011-03-14, 23:20
Ohh.. Yes, of course i can do that one. Will try to do it for the next version. I'll attach the Wifi-switcher icon..

Hey AlMehdi, now i'm sure that something is wrong with my extra icons. The wifi switcher icon is not changed. I tryed to re-enable it reloading extra icons: no results. Rebooting the device: no results. Removing and reinstalling wifi-switcher app: no results. Still the default icon in my status bar menu.

Something has gone wrong... What?

There is something I should know about Awoken Extras app? I launched it, tapped on "Backup original" and then tapped "Change Icons". That's all. Did I miss something?

d!

AlMehdi
2011-03-14, 23:34
Hey AlMehdi, now i'm sure that something is wrong with my extra icons. The wifi switcher icon is not changed. I tryed to re-enable it reloading extra icons: no results. Rebooting the device: no results. Removing and reinstalling wifi-switcher app: no results. Still the default icon in my status bar menu.

Something has gone wrong... What?

There is something I should know about Awoken Extras app? I launched it, tapped on "Backup original" and then tapped "Change Icons". That's all. Did I miss something?

d!

Nope, that is the correct cause of action. Strange... i'll need to investigate. I might have misspelled something. Was quite some time since i added that one.

AlMehdi
2011-03-14, 23:37
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I enable the "extras" quick-widget icon?

You should have a program called AwOken Extras. Launch it, then take a backup and change the icons. It will take a couple of minutes or a restart before the icon have changed.

GreatGonzo
2011-03-14, 23:41
You should have a program called AwOken Extras. Launch it, then take a backup and change the icons. It will take a couple of minutes or a restart before the icon have changed.

It doesn't seem to have any effect.

thedarkus
2011-03-14, 23:47
Nope, that is the correct cause of action. Strange... i'll need to investigate. I might have misspelled something. Was quite some time since i added that one.

Hey Al, I give u a screenshot of my status menu, everything is ok but wifi-switcher icon, am I right?

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/screenshot01custom.png/

d!

AlMehdi
2011-03-14, 23:47
It doesn't seem to have any effect.

Hmm.. Open terminal and then write "/usr/bin/python /opt/awoken-extras/awoken.py"

And paste the output if you get an error here.

AlMehdi
2011-03-14, 23:48
Hey Al, I give u a screenshot of my status menu, everything is ok but wifi-switcher icon, am I right?

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/screenshot01custom.png/

d!

Hmm.. Open terminal and then write "/usr/bin/python /opt/awoken-extras/awoken.py"

thedarkus
2011-03-14, 23:51

I did it, no error message. Truely, no message at all :) Is it regular?

d!