PDA

View Full Version : Jolla Phone and Google Play Store

justdidit
2013-12-04, 13:13
Hello everyone! Maybe someone will be able to help me with an issue described below:

I followed instructions on how to install Google Play Store on Sailfish OS (http://jollafin.blogspot.co.at/2013/...for-jolla.html). It works great with most of apps but one problem that I'm experiencing is that I can't redownload my purchases. I can view them but they show up in the store as never purchased and when I try to buy and install them I get an error message.

I've tried to install those apps through Play Store web interface but it also fails - it starts the installation process on the phone (at least it shows a message) and then nothing.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

nieldk
2013-12-04, 13:22
Hello everyone! Maybe someone will be able to help me with an issue described below:

I followed instructions on how to install Google Play Store on Sailfish OS (http://jollafin.blogspot.co.at/2013/...for-jolla.html). It works great with most of apps but one problem that I'm experiencing is that I can't redownload my purchases. I can view them but they show up in the store as never purchased and when I try to buy and install them I get an error message.

I've tried to install those apps through Play Store web interface but it also fails - it starts the installation process on the phone (at least it shows a message) and then nothing.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

copy the .apk from the phone as a backup?

justdidit
2013-12-04, 13:50
copy the .apk from the phone as a backup?

What do you mean :)?

My problem is that I can't install purchased apps form Play Store. Ofcourse I can get the .apk and sideload it but it's not what i want to achieve.

BonoNL
2013-12-07, 21:51
I think at this moment there are not enough Jolla's sold to have people encounter the same problem. Give it a couple of weeks and the Jolla users are crowding here.

Manatus
2013-12-08, 09:05
This is some kind of a permissions issue. I have it too.

With GooglePlay store the paid applications get first downloaded under /data/app-private directory with a temporary name vmdl*.tmp. Then they would be copied under some other directory with a different name and/or installed. Have to find where android logs stuff.

For time being you can copy them to /data/app directory with the FingerTerm, and rename them as yourprogram.apk. To get the names correct eg. com.something.somethingelse you would have to let the android handle the installation process, but it is not neccessary.

Manatus
2013-12-08, 12:26
Found the logs. It is the command
/opt/alien/system/bin/logcat

The errors I get installing a bought app are:

W/ActivityManager( 6952): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/downloadfile.apk
W/ActivityManager( 6952): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/app-private/vmdl[randomnumber].tmp
W/dalvikvm( 6952): threadid=16: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group 0x40e39360)

Two first errors seem to happen also when the installation is successful with free apps, so they do not mean much alone. However paid apps are most likely signed with a key to prevent piracy, so they might trigger some checks that cause the Gapps to crash.
Yet again you can install the same bought apps downloaded from same origin so it is not a full incompatibility issue with alien dalvik.

Buying procedure in itself is working; I have bought both apps and music through GooglePlay on Sailfish.

The 'No content provider...'-error also seems quite common with Android homebrew ROM, and common cure that is chmodding (o+rwx) to following directories did not help:
/data/local/tmp
/data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache

shanttu
2013-12-11, 18:56
I followed instructions from linuxg (http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-and-google-play-services-on-the-jolla-smartphone/). When I got to rsync I received error 23.
Did this: [root@localhost nemo]# rsync -av –ignore-existing /home/nemo/Other/system/ /opt/alien
sending incremental file list
rsync: link_stat "/home/nemo/–ignore-existing" failed: No such file or directory (2)
I read the error that there is no system-folder, which does exist.
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1165) [sender=3.1.0]

Should I be worried?

coderus
2013-12-11, 19:00
[–] wrong symbol. [--] is right symbol

shanttu
2013-12-11, 19:02
[–] wrong symbol. [--] is right symbol

Basic copy-pasta error. Huge thanks coderus!

xgoan
2013-12-14, 18:56
I have a problem with Play Store when I try to open it and automatically close after a second. The applications using Google Play works correctly (like foursquare).
Also all other Dalvik applications close.

xgoan
2013-12-14, 19:20
Fixed I repeated the rsync and the problem is gone.

klippe
2013-12-16, 14:57
I have a problem with Play Store when I try to open it and automatically close after a second. The applications using Google Play works correctly (like foursquare).
Also all other Dalvik applications close.

I have the same problem :/ I've tried repeating rsync process but with no succes. Anyone else experiencing this?

Silwer
2013-12-16, 19:32
Same problem here. Play store crashes right away. Tried to rsync and does not help.

Any suggestions?

Edited:

SSH log:
---------------
Last login: Mon Dec 16 21:43:36 2013 from silver-pc.lan
,---
| SailfishOS 1.0.1.10 (Laadunjärvi) (armv7hl)
'---
[nemo@localhost ~]$ rsync -av --ignore-existing /home/nemo/system /opt/alien
sending incremental file list
rsync: failed to set times on "/opt/alien/system": Operation not permitted (1)
system/
rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/opt/alien/system/addon.d" failed: Permission deni
ed (13)
*** Skipping any contents from this failed directory ***
rsync: failed to set times on "/opt/alien/system/app": Operation not permitted (
1)
rsync: failed to set times on "/opt/alien/system/etc": Operation not permitted (
1)
rsync: failed to set times on "/opt/alien/system/etc/permissions": Operation not
permitted (1)
rsync: failed to set times on "/opt/alien/system/framework": Operation not permi
tted (1)
rsync: failed to set times on "/opt/alien/system/lib": Operation not permitted (
1)
rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/opt/alien/system/tts" failed: Permission denied (
13)
rsync: failed to set times on "/opt/alien/system/usr": Operation not permitted (
1)
rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/opt/alien/system/usr/srec" failed: Permission den
ied (13)
system/addon.d/
system/app/
system/app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
system/app/GenieWidget.apk
system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
system/app/GoogleEars.apk
system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
system/app/GoogleLoginService.apk
system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
system/app/GoogleTTS.apk
system/app/MediaUploader.apk
system/app/Microbes.apk
system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
system/app/Phonesky.apk
system/app/QuickSearchBox.apk
system/app/SetupWizard.apk
system/app/Talk.apk
system/app/Talkback.apk
system/app/Thinkfree.apk
system/app/VoiceSearchStub.apk
system/etc/
system/etc/g.prop
system/etc/permissions/
system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.media.effects.xml
system/etc/permissions/com.google.widevine.software.drm.xml
system/etc/permissions/features.xml
system/framework/
system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar
system/framework/com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar
system/lib/
system/lib/libfilterpack_facedetect.so
system/lib/libflint_engine_jni_api.so
system/lib/libfrsdk.so
system/lib/libgcomm_jni.so
system/lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so
system/lib/libmicrobes_jni.so
system/lib/libpatts_engine_jni_api.so
system/lib/libpicowrapper.so
system/lib/libspeexwrapper.so
system/lib/libvideochat_jni.so
system/lib/libvideochat_stabilize.so
system/lib/libvoicesearch.so
system/lib/libvorbisencoder.so
system/tts/
system/usr/
system/usr/srec/
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk.pQiTld" fa
iled: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GenieWidget.apk.wSilAf" failed: Permissio
n denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleBackupTransport.apk.T8vQZj" failed:
Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk.QdUm9q" fai
led: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk.XbYL0y" fai
led: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleEars.apk.o2EH8E" failed: Permission
denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleFeedback.apk.BDhncP" failed: Permis
sion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleLoginService.apk.63dEnZ" failed: Pe
rmission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GooglePartnerSetup.apk.EeZJV5" failed: Pe
rmission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleServicesFramework.apk.cfzqSa" faile
d: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.GoogleTTS.apk.WJPEUh" failed: Permission
denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.MediaUploader.apk.CsaJ0E" failed: Permiss
ion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.Microbes.apk.O7UTc0" failed: Permission d
enied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.NetworkLocation.apk.8mGK4l" failed: Permi
ssion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.OneTimeInitializer.apk.A2siNK" failed: Pe
rmission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.Phonesky.apk.yYr879" failed: Permission d
enied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.QuickSearchBox.apk.2g8gMN" failed: Permis
sion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.SetupWizard.apk.QXfaPC" failed: Permissio
n denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.Talk.apk.ivQ95q" failed: Permission denie
d (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.Talkback.apk.olQK7k" failed: Permission d
enied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.Thinkfree.apk.Uc6ITd" failed: Permission
denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/app/.VoiceSearchStub.apk.rlrG7j" failed: Permi
ssion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/etc/.g.prop.6BM6kq" failed: Permission denied
(13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/etc/permissions/.com.google.android.media.effe
cts.xml.9Amqvw" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/etc/permissions/.com.google.widevine.software.
drm.xml.mlQTFC" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/etc/permissions/.features.xml.tQlxPI" failed:
Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/framework/.com.google.android.media.effects.ja
r.mabw0O" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/framework/.com.google.widevine.software.drm.ja
r.pdr0RV" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libfilterpack_facedetect.so.sG4NI2" faile
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libflint_engine_jni_api.so.BAyAa8" failed
: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libfrsdk.so.Oc8wVi" failed: Permission de
nied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libgcomm_jni.so.1YMZIy" failed: Permissio
n denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so.mPP8F9" faile
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libmicrobes_jni.so.Zeeed3" failed: Permis
sion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libpatts_engine_jni_api.so.Oo1hmX" failed
: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libpicowrapper.so.l9vUJU" failed: Permiss
ion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libspeexwrapper.so.wUu3PV" failed: Permis
sion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libvideochat_jni.so.x44xTU" failed: Permi
ssion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libvideochat_stabilize.so.vtpw0W" failed:
Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libvoicesearch.so.VgtjzX" failed: Permiss
ion denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/opt/alien/system/lib/.libvorbisencoder.so.dycB9X" failed: Permi
ssion denied (13)

sent 59,773,096 bytes received 6,221 bytes 17,079,804.86 bytes/sec
total size is 97,815,309 speedup is 1.64
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 2
3) at main.c(1165) [sender=3.1.0]
[nemo@localhost ~]$

shanttu
2013-12-16, 19:49
Same here. Some people on a Finnish forum reported that after resetting their device they were able to install Play Store successfully. I've spent too much time to modify my Jolla to do that. Waiting for another solution. Would be nice to have Play Store working especially now when http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ is getting too much traffic.

MAX9
2013-12-16, 20:54
omg.....guys, read and understand the instructions!!!

rsync....must run as root.

Silwer
2013-12-16, 21:07
I have tried so many times to get to root. I enable developer mode. I set new password. I restart the phone. Enter to the terminal. Type devel-su and the password I just created and nothing happens...

On N9 it behaved differently. I do not know what to expect. What am I doing wrong?

klippe
2013-12-16, 21:10
omg.....guys, read and understand the instructions!!!

rsync....must run as root.

I did run it as root. I got my Jolla today and it was reset before trying the google store installation. Still - starts and breaks immediately.

One thing to note - in my case rsync doesn't report any errors. It just does its job.

juiceme
2013-12-17, 06:12
I have tried so many times to get to root. I enable developer mode. I set new password. I restart the phone. Enter to the terminal. Type devel-su and the password I just created and nothing happens...

On N9 it behaved differently. I do not know what to expect. What am I doing wrong?

Well what do you expect to happen then :D:D:D
(hint, try command "whoami")

Silwer
2013-12-17, 20:16
Thnaks! When I tried command "whoami" answer was - root

However, when I open SSH client terminal and input there "rsync -av --ignore-existing /home/nemo/system /opt/alien" I am having the same error list I pasted before.

I try to explain it in more detail:
I am using Win 7 64 bit computer. SSH client is "Bitwise". Host is the IP I have under phone developer mode settings (WLAN ip version as USB ip does not connect at all). Authentication username is "nemo". I have choosen password initial method and the password is the same I set in phone under developer mode.

Any suggestions?

klippe
2013-12-17, 20:32
Thnaks! When I tried command "whoami" answer was - root

However, when I open SSH client terminal and input there "rsync -av --ignore-existing /home/nemo/system /opt/alien" I am having the same error list I pasted before.

I try to explain it in more detail:
I am using Win 7 64 bit computer. SSH client is "Bitwise". Host is the IP I have under phone developer mode settings (WLAN ip version as USB ip does not connect at all). Authentication username is "nemo". I have choosen password initial method and the password is the same I set in phone under developer mode.

Any suggestions?

I would try / think about:
1. you can just use terminal on the phone. rsync is a tool to synchronize files & dirs, so there's no need to call it via ssh
2. copy system folder again to the device and retry rsyncing
3. chown -R user.group /opt/alien ? don't know if this would work and what the user and group should be
4. overwrite the whole alien dir with data from someone, if someone would share it?
5. uninstall and install again the Android app in the Jolla store

On my side Store still quits just after I start it :/

Silwer
2013-12-17, 21:11
Thanks a lot!

- I picked first option: "1. you can just use terminal on the phone. rsync is a tool to synchronize files & dirs, so there's no need to call it via ssh"
- rsync was done right away without errors
- rebooted phone
- downloaded google services and store
- installed
- and now it seems to be working. I just downloaded and installed Viber.

klippe
2013-12-19, 22:30
So I finally get this working. Steps:

1. Uninstall android support via Jolla store
2. Remove everything from /opt/alien
3. Install android support
4. Follow the google play installation instructions

The key was to completly clean alien dir.

Larswad
2013-12-19, 23:40
The google play app seemed to work fine after install, I was logged in with my profile and all. I had install one or two apps already.
What then happened was that while I was installing a new app the googlel play suddenly crashed on me.

Now it is still there, but the credentials seems to be in some kind of half-assed state. Even if I reinstall play, or even do the complete reinstallation of alien dalvik (by clearing everything in /opt/alien like klippe above), it seems as though it don't know what apps I have currently installed and it doesn't show anymore what apps I have bought earlier. How do I reset the credentials for android on the device so that I can specify the accounts again?
There is no option to choose or add an account anymore.

chenliangchen
2013-12-20, 01:42
@juiceme and @coderus

I have exactly the same issue with #1,(originally posted here (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1398507&postcount=26)) I can download free content, but can not access purchased apps, even if I install from website it crashes after downloading. Shall I just uninstall all alien dalvik and do everything again with the right symbol (--)?

Update: Deleted opt/alien and dalvik and installed again with the right symbol, still the same problem, no access to paid content...

Tried re-install again with root, still no luck...

chenliangchen
2013-12-20, 05:48
Found the logs. It is the command
/opt/alien/system/bin/logcat

The errors I get installing a bought app are:

W/ActivityManager( 6952): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/downloadfile.apk
W/ActivityManager( 6952): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/app-private/vmdl[randomnumber].tmp
W/dalvikvm( 6952): threadid=16: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group 0x40e39360)

Two first errors seem to happen also when the installation is successful with free apps, so they do not mean much alone. However paid apps are most likely signed with a key to prevent piracy, so they might trigger some checks that cause the Gapps to crash.
Yet again you can install the same bought apps downloaded from same origin so it is not a full incompatibility issue with alien dalvik.

Buying procedure in itself is working; I have bought both apps and music through GooglePlay on Sailfish.

The 'No content provider...'-error also seems quite common with Android homebrew ROM, and common cure that is chmodding (o+rwx) to following directories did not help:
/data/local/tmp
/data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache

How do you pass the first error for buying contents? Mine had "Error retrieving info from server" BM-PPH-01 even after re-install the whole alien dalvik with and resync in root.

And also how you install the paid app finally?

All my interested android apps are not free...:(

gaelic
2013-12-20, 09:03

I did that with no success:

1) I installed the apk of Whatsapp without using gplay at all -> no contacts and other errors
2) installed play store and reinstalled WA from there -> errors stay
3) removed all android stuff from the device (android apps + gplay + yandex + delete /opt/alien/*
4) reinstalled yandex/andoid support
5) installed apk of WA again -> same errors as before

don't wanna reset the whole device to get that running. any comments on that?

edit: gplaystore was also throing errors during running (com.gapps not working messages)

klippe
2013-12-20, 21:39
I did that with no success:

1) I installed the apk of Whatsapp without using gplay at all -> no contacts and other errors
2) installed play store and reinstalled WA from there -> errors stay

So you have the Play store working, right? This is what this topic and my post are about.

3) removed all android stuff from the device (android apps + gplay + yandex + delete /opt/alien/*
4) reinstalled yandex/andoid support
5) installed apk of WA again -> same errors as before

don't wanna reset the whole device to get that running. any comments on that?

edit: gplaystore was also throing errors during running (com.gapps not working messages)
I also got some error from play store (once just after installation) but except for that the store works.

Is your problem related to Whatsapp? In my case Whatsapp also is quite strange - a lot of things (taking and sending a photo for example) raise "operation not supported", and there are no contacts until the people write to me.

Kabouik
2013-12-20, 22:09

Worked for me, the Play Store used to crash directly when launched. Thanks.

I get a few error pop-ups, but it seems to work.

[Edit] But tried to install Waze, set the account settings, and when I hit "done" it crashed. Crashes directly at launch now if I try to run it. Other Android apps still work.

Faz
2013-12-21, 07:18
I initially steered clear as I didn't want to enable developer mode and start messing around so early on, but after a couple of days I could resist no more!

Just my luck I had similar as others have reported, where I could open Google Settings, but Play Store kept closing immediately after launching.

After a couple of sleepless nights, a few reboots, some rmdir -rf and chowns I finally managed to launch Play Store and successfully install some apps. Not sure what exactly fixed it, but the final steps were uninstalling then installing Android support, after I had already performed the rycnc and ensured the system directory was owned by root:root.

Also I recall at one stage no Android apps would load at all, although I did have support installed. At this point, I think I already performed the rsync command and ownerships were all root. I removed Android support, had a nose around /opt/alien/ and noticed the system directory was still there. Process listing confirmed alien dalvik was no longer running.

Next I reinstalled Android support and tried Play Store, which was already installed. It worked! It did crash a couple of times but seems to have settled down now.

My lock screen now has a number of briefcases with ticks, which I suspect is the notifications from the store, so unchecked this from its setting (first option) so hopefully at least won't receive any more.

I think the ownership of the system folder was the problem. I'll try to replicate later to pin in down, but first best get some sleep before the sun rises. |-)

Manatus
2013-12-21, 08:09
How do you pass the first error for buying contents? Mine had "Error retrieving info from server" BM-PPH-01 even after re-install the whole alien dalvik with and resync in root.

And also how you install the paid app finally?

All my interested android apps are not free...:(

You just have to rename the latest /data/app-private/vmdl*.tmp as yourapplication.apk and copy it under /data/app directory.

I actually bought music from the store, but I did not get any errors so I expect the process to work for apps too. The bought app installation process only fails when it should finish the installation after downloading the app.

Kabouik
2013-12-21, 14:41
Any idea on how to solve the problem reported in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695519) on a non-Android phone? I'm having it after a purchase, and got no occasion to install the app.

chenliangchen
2013-12-23, 10:09
Today I found an interesting mistake and got paid app issue solved. I simply deleted google service setting and just leave play store alone and after restart the "can't retrieve information" error has gone, I can purchase and download as usual. Still have the installation bug, have to use Manatus' method mentioned before. But at least I don't need to login to web play store and "push" the app any more. (referring to #1)

HtheB
2013-12-23, 13:00
chenliangchen, did you (or anyone else) tried Blackmart already?
This could be a workaround for the Play Store

XiliX
2013-12-23, 14:37
Is there any way to fully remove google play and restore the /opt/alien/system folder, as i forgot to backup before installing...

chenliangchen
2013-12-23, 17:33
chenliangchen, did you (or anyone else) tried Blackmart already?
This could be a workaround for the Play Store

The advantage about Play store is some paid content which may not be popular and not listed in other stores. Also Play store receives updates on the first place (usually). As Google left business in China, there are hundreds of 3rd party app stores such as hiapk or anzhi etc. most of them has more than 300000 apps but still, all free stuff. There is even a store called wandoujia in Chinese which combines dozens of 3rd party stores into one and has more than a million apps lol. I don't really trust blackmarts as malware can be easily implemented and they do lack some good proper stuff ;)

tumpelo
2013-12-25, 19:43
Thanks a lot!

- I picked first option: "1. you can just use terminal on the phone. rsync is a tool to synchronize files & dirs, so there's no need to call it via ssh"
- rsync was done right away without errors
- rebooted phone
- downloaded google services and store
- installed
- and now it seems to be working. I just downloaded and installed Viber.

First, I ran rsync through SSH, and SSH lost connection immediately after pressing enter, Google Services installed OK, also Google Play installed OK, but crashed immediately after start.

I repeated the rsync process through the phone's terminal, no errors were reported, Google Services showed a couple more configurable items than before, Google Play was missing. Installed Google Play again, and it started OK.

Conclusion: try using the phone's terminal instead of SSH although it is a pain to type with.

dommau
2013-12-26, 08:18
Is there any way to fully remove google play and restore the /opt/alien/system folder, as i forgot to backup before installing...

uninstall android support, delete /opt , reboot, reinstall android support

Makeclick
2013-12-26, 11:01
Everytime i got some updates from the Play store and install it. App will work, but i lost desktop icon everytime (so remove install needed everytime). Does someone else has this problem?

Faz
2013-12-26, 11:18
Everytime i got some updates from the Play store and install it. App will work, but i lost desktop icon everytime (so remove install needed everytime). Does someone else has this problem?

I keep losing Play Store icon too, although not updates for me as I haven't done any for a while, auto-updates disabled too. I also get frequent pop-ups referencing something like google.apps not responding. Although first few times I lost Play icon I never received these pop-ups.

May be something to do with conflicts between the older files installed to enable Play and Alien Dalvik. Interesting you mention updates though, as I previously did have the My O2 app installed, but now refuses to install, returning "Incompatible update."

vitaminj
2013-12-26, 11:23

Yes, it seems to be a bug that the Jolla menu thinks an app is uninstalling when really it's just upgrading. If you reboot your phone, it notices the app is still there and restores the icon.
If you install an Android launcher (Go Launcher has been suggested round here, works ok, but does occasionally pester you to buy extra features) then all the icons are present and correct in there.

Faz
2013-12-26, 11:32
I keep losing Play Store icon too, although not updates for me as I haven't done any for a while, auto-updates disabled too. I also get frequent pop-ups referencing something like google.apps not responding. Although first few times I lost Play icon I never received these pop-ups.

May be something to do with conflicts between the older files installed to enable Play and Alien Dalvik. Interesting you mention updates though, as I previously did have the My O2 app installed, but now refuses to install, returning "Incompatible update."

Re. "My O2" - I just installed version 5.0 (2013-11-03) from 1Mobile Market. No sure version number from Play, but dated 30 Sep 2013..

Makeclick
2013-12-26, 11:36
Yes, it seems to be a bug that the Jolla menu thinks an app is uninstalling when really it's just upgrading. If you reboot your phone, it notices the app is still there and restores the icon.
If you install an Android launcher (Go Launcher has been suggested round here, works ok, but does occasionally pester you to buy extra features) then all the icons are present and correct in there.

Nice to know. I cant reboot (nfc fix ;) ) I installed a Apex launcer, bun now i thinking... the Play update works some poit... can it be that launcher?

@Faz do you use launcher as well?

Faz
2013-12-26, 13:02
Nice to know. I cant reboot (nfc fix ;) ) I installed a Apex launcer, bun now i thinking... the Play update works some poit... can it be that launcher?

@Faz do you use launcher as well?

Not tried any laucnhers yet but will try later.

n950
2013-12-27, 12:47
Hi,

How can I replace or edit the build.prop file to have all application enable?

sahib
2014-01-13, 16:19
hmm, has anyone succeeded to install google play on a vanilla 1.0.2.5 install?

It crashes immediately for me, and there's nothing of value reported through /opt/alien/system/bin/logcat.

I've also (unsuccessfully) tried nuking /data/data/com.android.vending as well as dalvik cache(s) aswell as restarting the dalvik service.
Any ideas?

Silwer
2014-01-13, 16:44
Yes I have.

J4ZZ
2014-01-14, 14:21
hmm, has anyone succeeded to install google play on a vanilla 1.0.2.5 install?

It crashes immediately for me, and there's nothing of value reported through /opt/alien/system/bin/logcat.

I've also (unsuccessfully) tried nuking /data/data/com.android.vending as well as dalvik cache(s) aswell as restarting the dalvik service.
Any ideas?

I had similar problems with Oi Filemanager and a few other apps that began to crash right after start. They worked fine for quite some time though. (Maybe it was because I started to delete unknown, unneeded packages found installed and shown in F-Droid or Aptoide, they probably installed as "needed" services with some apps. I'm still having problems with removing/stopping talk.back service though...) And the next error I got was "Incompatible update" for various apps...

Anyway, to get them fixed I had to completely clean and reinstall alien dalvik (including all installed android apps)

I haven't found any guide here, so here are additional files and folders to look for for a clean uninstall.

1. remove "Android Support" from Jolla Store
2. clean /opt/alien
3. also clean
/data/system/dropbox
/data/system/registered_services
/data/system/sync
/data/system/usagestats
/data/system/users
/data/app
/data/dalvik-cache
/data/data
/data/user
4.in /data/system/
delete
packages.list
packages.xml
uiderrors.txt
5. reboot

Install Android Support and Google Play again ;)

Edit:

You can also put the following into a script (I named it cleandalvik.sh for example)
You should be root so run devel-su when in terminal.
rm -rf /opt/alien/*
rm -rf /data/system/dropbox/*
rm -rf /data/system/registered_services/*
rm -rf /data/system/sync/*
rm -rf /data/system/usagestats/*
rm -rf /data/system/users/*
rm -rf /data/app/*
rm -rf /data/dalvik-cache/*
rm -rf /data/data/*
rm -rf /data/user/*
rm -f /data/system/packages.list
rm -f /data/system/packages.xml
rm -f /data/system/uiderrors.txt

copy script to /home/nemo/Downloads
then

cd /home/nemo/Downloads
chmod a+x cleandalvik.sh
sh cleandalvik.sh

javispedro
2014-01-15, 00:39
Hey, even Google Now works. First time I'm trying this stuff.

Leinad
2014-01-16, 00:00
Instead of using Play Store, i use this: https://lekensteyn.nl/apk-downloader/

works great!

J4ZZ
2014-01-16, 13:09
Isn't it just easier to click on install in Play Store instead of copy/pasting a link into a chrome plugin or webpage for downloading an apk and install it manually?
The apk is stored on the phone anyway so why all this trouble?
Or am I missing something here?

Regards,

J4ZZ

Raim
2014-01-16, 13:27
With installing Google Play Store you also install some Google services (for automatic updates, location services, etc.). Some might be afraid to do that for privacy reasons.

If you only want some specific app from the Play Store it's easier to get the .apk only from such a service. However, you won't get any update notification this way.

By the way, for open source Android software, F-Droid (https://f-droid.org/) is a great alternative. The installation process is not as invasive as the Google Play Store, you only need a single .apk from their website.

Leinad
2014-01-16, 13:53
Exactly, in my case, it was just 1 special app, i did not find in any other appstore (aptoide, androidpit, ...) and i don't wanted to install all that google stuff for just one app.

The apkdownloader worked perfect for this purpose.

Maybe i'm old-fashioned, but i want my phone to work without a google-account :)

J4ZZ
2014-01-17, 11:41
Well, ok, that makes sense ;)

caprico
2014-01-17, 12:51
Maybe i'm old-fashioned, but i want my phone to work without a google-account :)

You're not old-fashioned, it's rather a modern & reasonable thinking in my opinion. I also don't want to infect my Jolla with that Google stuff - and I don't want to re-open any Google accounts.
So those apk downloaders do a good job for those 2-3 regional apps I need.

But it's certainly great that there's a way to install Google Play on Jolla :)

BonoNL
2014-01-19, 21:37
Just installed it, piece of cake! 25 minutes and it was done.

maximilian1st
2014-02-05, 18:55
I also installed it and wanted to ask if the hack still worked after the January and yes, it does indeed work with 1.0.3.8 firmware. I had to open the play store 2 times before it would work but now all ok. Only for non paid apps actually but that is exactly what I was looking for.

Schturman
2014-03-23, 23:17
JAZZ, thanks for your instruction (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1406350&postcount=47). I have created a little package that do it automatically if someone want: https://openrepos.net/content/schturman/dalvik-cleanup

Milhouse
2014-05-01, 00:54
If anyone has installed Hangouts on their Jolla they may be seeing the message that updated Google Play Services (GPS) is required, which never updates on Jolla.

The version of GPS installed from My Jolla Blog (http://jollafin.blogspot.fi/2013/11/play-store-for-jolla.html) is 3.1.36 however I've found the APK for 4.3.23 available here (http://androidspin.com/2014/03/19/download-google-play-services-4-3-23-available-now-brings-changes-games-analytics-tag-manager/) (download link at the end of the article) and installing this APK on the Jolla (over the top of the existing package) went without a hitch - Hangouts has stopped complaining and is now working again!

mscion
2014-05-01, 13:35
Exactly, in my case, it was just 1 special app, i did not find in any other appstore (aptoide, androidpit, ...) and i don't wanted to install all that google stuff for just one app.

The apkdownloader worked perfect for this purpose.

I'm currently trying to avoid the google stuff as well (although I do use gmail..). For now I copy the apk (when I can find it) on my android phone and send it to my Jolla phone via bluetooth.

Some apps that compliment what is available at jolla store are CNN, weather bug, Vimeo Channel and Image Editor. Can folks chime in and recommend some other android apps that work on Jolla phone and compliment what is available at Jolla store.

Dave999
2014-12-18, 20:26
Whats the latest story about google play installation?

Morpog
2014-12-18, 20:35
well it just works

Dave999
2014-12-18, 20:42
well it just works

Ok, thx. Is IT worth to install if you just want Spotify client and a good browser. I prefer not to use android on jolla but keep them in My android devices...but need a great browser and Spotify when trying to give My jolla Phone another shoot.

HtheB
2014-12-18, 20:45
Ok, thx. Is IT worth to install if you just want Spotify client and a good browser. I prefer not to use android on jolla but keep them in My android devices...but need a great browser and Spotify when trying to give My jolla Phone another shoot.

Use Cutespotify :) Much better in my opinion.

Which Android browser do you need?

Dave999
2014-12-18, 20:49
Use Cutespotify :) Much better in my opinion.

Which Android browser do you need?

Do you know if cutespot can handle offline. As i remember apis dident support that before.

Dolphine...

HtheB
2014-12-18, 21:00
Do you know if cutespot can handle offline. As i remember apis dident support that before.

Dolphine...

Why it wouldn't support offline? Even Maemo has offline support for Spotify.....
In other words: Yes Cutespotify (https://openrepos.net/content/lukedirtwalker/cutespotify) just works offline :)

Dolphin browser: DOWNLOAD (http://www.htheb.com/list/droid/Apps/DolphinBrowser_mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser.apk)
And if you still prefer official Android Spotify client: DOWNLOAD (http://www.htheb.com/list/droid/Apps/Spotify_com.spotify.music.apk)

Enjoy!

Dave999
2014-12-18, 21:04
Why it wouldn't support offline? Even Maemo has offline support for Spotify.....
In other words: Yes Cutespotify (https://openrepos.net/content/lukedirtwalker/cutespotify) just works offline :)

Dolphin browser: DOWNLOAD (http://www.htheb.com/list/droid/Apps/DolphinBrowser_mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser.apk)
And if you still prefer official Android Spotify client: DOWNLOAD (http://www.htheb.com/list/droid/Apps/Spotify_com.spotify.music.apk)

Enjoy!

Now. That's one solid post. Thx.

...can I trust IT ;)

HtheB
2014-12-18, 21:38
Now. That's one solid post. Thx.

...can I trust IT ;)

Of course! Why not :)
Oh by the way, don't forget to vote for me :p :D

pycage
2014-12-19, 08:20

You don't need Google Play spyware for the Spotify Android app or the Firefox browser.
Aptoide should be good enough.

aegis
2014-12-19, 08:53
I'm currently trying to avoid the google stuff as well (although I do use gmail..). For now I copy the apk (when I can find it) on my android phone and send it to my Jolla phone via bluetooth.

Some apps that compliment what is available at jolla store are CNN, weather bug, Vimeo Channel and Image Editor. Can folks chime in and recommend some other android apps that work on Jolla phone and compliment what is available at Jolla store.

Have you not tried other stores like Amazon , Aptoide, Fdroid? I generally find what I want on those with no need to use Google Play or to send APKs from another Android device.

Weather Bug is on Amazon for instance.

pycage
2014-12-20, 07:23
And you can purchase paid content, that is not limited to Google-ified devices only, on the Amazon app store.

pichlo
2014-12-20, 08:33
...but need a great browser and Spotify when trying to give My jolla Phone another shoot.

Just out of interest, what's wrong with the Jolla stock browser? It certainly has everything that I need. In the order of preference: tabs, great speed, excellent rendering quality, history, bookmarks, download capability... the only two things I miss are copy&paste (yes, I know about the patch but that requires a patch manager first, ewww!) and view page source.

Dave999
2014-12-20, 08:55
Just out of interest, what's wrong with the Jolla stock browser? It certainly has everything that I need. In the order of preference: tabs, great speed, excellent rendering quality, history, bookmarks, download capability... the only two things I miss are copy&paste (yes, I know about the patch but that requires a patch manager first, ewww!) and view page source.

Nothing is really wrong ;) but you can always improve...

- you can easily change so you never reach mobile pages. how to change user agant in jolla?
- you can't get access to URL field without reloading or go to browser task manager.
-browser task manger is not well designed its to messy, bad visibility , not responding fast when you do stuff fast.
- you can only have one browser window open so to load several pages at once you need several browsers...e.g youtube stop playing when you go to another tab in browser so need several
-no gestures in jolla browser
-copy and paste
-click links in jolla browser is a lottery.
-navigation in different forms needs different browsers since they handle it different

will split screen come to phone?

could add some more but these are my top.

I think jolla has improved alot during the year. but the still have far to go :D

Waitee
2014-12-20, 09:02

The browser has an annoying habit of not knowing where you tapped some of the time.
Also some people want the tabs to be always visible on the top or bottom of the screen never mind the smaller screen area for actual content. Many android browsers offer fancy extra features like complex gestures etc.

nthn
2014-12-20, 10:54
It's not possible to install any Firefox add-ons (at least not easily). Of course, this isn't possible on the Webkit browsers like Webcat and Web Pirate either, but it's still something that would greatly benefit Jolla's browser. I hope someone from the community can send a patch upstream to get this working, but it seems there's not much interest in doing so. I do agree it doesn't really need much more, it's just a bare bones browser for mobile phones after all.

-click links in jolla browser is a lottery.The browser has an annoying habit of not knowing where you tapped some of the time.
This was fixed in update 9, no more problems now. (Finally, I wonder how that even slipped by QA.)

Also some people want the tabs to be always visible on the top or bottom of the screen never mind the smaller screen area for actual content. Many android browsers offer fancy extra features like complex gestures etc.
Tabs always visible: use another browser, namely this one: https://openrepos.net/content/dax/webpirate

I'd prefer if all these browsers that aren't Firefox would at least use Gecko, but Webkit is apparently what the cool kids use. This is something I actually quite like about Jolla's browser, it's not just yet another Webkit browser.

Watchmaker
2014-12-20, 12:10
I'd prefer if all these browsers that aren't Firefox would at least use Gecko, but Webkit is apparently what the cool kids use. This is something I actually quite like about Jolla's browser, it's not just yet another Webkit browser.

I suppose that has a lot to do with WebKit being included in Qt (it also originated as the web rendering engine of KDE's Konqueror back in the day, sometimes I forget about that :p ).

243kof
2014-12-20, 14:20
Nothing is really wrong ;) but you can always improve...

- you can easily change so you never reach mobile pages. how to change user agant in jolla?
- you can't get access to URL field without reloading or go to browser task manager.
-browser task manger is not well designed its to messy, bad visibility , not responding fast when you do stuff fast.
- you can only have one browser window open so to load several pages at once you need several browsers...e.g youtube stop playing when you go to another tab in browser so need several
-no gestures in jolla browser
-copy and paste
-click links in jolla browser is a lottery.
-navigation in different forms needs different browsers since they handle it different

will split screen come to phone?

could add some more but these are my top.

I think jolla has improved alot during the year. but the still have far to go :D

Also, browser history is difficult to use in landscape mode: https://together.jolla.com/question/71030/browser-history-usability-problem-in-landscape-mode/

mscion
2014-12-20, 15:04

Dolphine...

Does Jetpack option work well? Also do you use adblock for dolphin?
Thanks!

Dave999
2014-12-20, 16:54
Does Jetpack option work well? Also do you use adblock for dolphin?
Thanks!

I don't know. I don't need it. My phones are always fastest of the fastest and I don't visit pages with ads :D You have to try it and tell me, sorry ;)

pichlo
2014-12-20, 19:19
This [browser tap lottery] was fixed in update 9, no more problems now.

So I have been told. It did happen to me occasionally in U9 too, although about 100x less frequently than in U8. And guess what? It just happened to me now, in U10 :) I left the edit box where you type your post on TMO and when I tapped back in the box to continue typing, one of the buttons above it got pressed. Quite reprodicly. I think I triggered it by screen rotation but I am not 100% sure.

aegis
2014-12-21, 00:14
Incidentally, I had a play with WeatherBug from the Amazon store. It uses Google Maps still so it's not 100% working. I would have thought Amazon would have blocked apps that used Google Play Services in their store.

pycage
2014-12-21, 18:17
This browser tap lottery bug in the browser must be some Gecko-bug. I had it on Android, too. And once even on Firefox on the Mac.

mscion
2014-12-23, 01:06
I don't know. I don't need it. My phones are always fastest of the fastest and I don't visit pages with ads :D You have to try it and tell me, sorry ;)

Ok, since the update I've been playing with Jolla phone. I went ahead and side loaded Dolphin. It really works quite well. With "Jetpack" enabled it scrolls through web pages very quickly. I also installed adblock. It seems to be working when I visited an XDA site that behaves like a minefield of ads. Anyways, give it a try. You might like it. Merry Christmas!

explit
2017-01-03, 16:10
Hi. guys.
can somebody explain how i make a clean uninstall of Google Playstore on the Jolla Tablet. But i want to keep my android apps
Thanks