PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Cargo Dock, a two-paned Sailfish filemanager with Dropbox and WebDAV

pycage
2013-12-23, 19:58
I'm working on a two-paned filemanager for Sailfish. Sometimes you just need such a tool to clean up the mess you have on the phone. ;)

Cargo Dock is work-in-progress. I have yet to submit it to Jolla Harbour, but you can already try it out on your device, if you have Developer Mode enabled to install RPM packages.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.1.1-1.armv7hl.rpm

Cargo Dock is available in the Jolla Store by now. This link points to an old version and I remove it from DropBox one day (when I feel like cleaning up).

This version is not yet the one I'm going to release to Harbour. It's still a bit rough and needs polishing here and there. Early feedback from you, however, is valuable in this phase.

Features:

* two-paned filemanager (think of Norton Commander ;) )
* can browse your file system, SD card, Android storage
* breadcrumbs menu for finding your way up the filesystem hierarchy quickly
* copy, link, delete files and folders
* rename files
* create folders
* change file permissions
* open files with their associated apps (e.g. a apk will be installed, a picture will be opened in the gallery; there are not many file type bindings available on Sailfish yet)
* Sailfish-style gesture-based UI

Read the help page in the app. It will help you utilize the features.
Btw, this app is open source and you can find the source code here: https://github.com/pycage/cargodock

b.cloanta
2013-12-23, 21:02
Hello and thank you for this application. I am a beginner and would like to know how to install. I do not know the command in terminal. Thanks again

gsalone
2013-12-23, 21:32
Cool app! I like the OH functionality, maybe you could add a Move action to the pulley menu too? Personally I cannot think a case when i will use the link to the other side option, but sounds nice to have to :)
Also, what about the active cover actions? Currently there is play and pause (?). Which actions to you plan to attach there in future?

And thanks for the great app again!

gsalone
2013-12-23, 21:34
Hello and thank you for this application. I am a beginner and would like to know how to install. I do not know the command in terminal. Thanks again

Just open terminal, go to folder where this rpm is located (Downloads i suppose) and run pkcon install-local harbour-cargodock-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm

pycage
2013-12-23, 21:44
Also, what about the active cover actions? Currently there is play and pause (?). Which actions to you plan to attach there in future?

As it's work-in-progress, I haven't done anything with the cover yet. What you see is the default cover from the SDK. :)
OTOH, I can't think of any useful cover actions for a filemanager...

Morpog
2013-12-23, 21:45
It's a great app, but those icons look blured unfortunately :(

ZogG
2013-12-23, 21:52
i think screenshot would be nice :)

mariusmssj
2013-12-23, 21:55
pycage this is great :)

The only issue I have with it it's not consistent with the sailfish flow, I've spent 30 seconds swiping to the right because the rest of the OS uses that as back button. I know pulley works too but using the swipe as the OS uses would feel more natural to the application.

I must say Really nicely done pycage :) Keep up the great work I can't wait for updates!

[edit] I see what you did there, two pages and movement between them. I take it back and continue with Cool app keep it up :)

gsalone
2013-12-23, 22:00
As it's work-in-progress, I haven't done anything with the cover yet. What you see is the default cover from the SDK. :)

Truth is I cannot think yet of a useful active cover action either :)
But ok, keep it as a placeholder till final release, someone may come up with a nice-to-do action!

pycage
2013-12-23, 22:05
The only issue I have with it it's not consistent with the sailfish flow, I've spent 30 seconds swiping to the right because the rest of the OS uses that as back button. I know pulley works too but using the swipe as the OS uses would feel more natural to the application.

[edit] I see what you did there two half and movement between. I take it back and continue with Cool app keep it up :)

Yes, the two halves approach does not go together with backward swipes. But IMHO a pulley menu with breadcrumbs fits the Sailfish look & feel well, too. It's just another gesture.

pycage
2013-12-23, 22:07
i think screenshot would be nice :)

Yes, I think so, too. Anybody is free to post screenshots, though. :)
I'm too lazy for making and uploading screenshots now; I just brought the app to a somewhat releasable state. ;)

szopin
2013-12-23, 22:12

If sorting had newest on top option and the cover would contain minimized app refresh could be useful in some situations (unless the minimized view would refresh itself like fingerterm, then no need I guess) and thanks, awesome app.

mariusmssj
2013-12-23, 22:16
While we talking about storage I got a SanDisk 16GB microSDHC card in my Jolla when I plug in the Jolla to my PC, it only shows the internal memory. So to copy stuff to the card from PC I need to plug in the card to the PC?

Is this normal / missing / I'm_doing_something_wrong?

llelectronics
2013-12-24, 12:33
This is currently normal. Will change I guess with a future update so that the MTP support shows you two folders, like internal and microSD card. But this is totaly system related and has nothing todo with this file manager project.

mousse04
2013-12-24, 14:06
good work dev :)

parasemic
2013-12-24, 15:20
Seems like the file manager lacks permissions to delete things from the android system.

pycage
2013-12-25, 12:40
Seems like the file manager lacks permissions to delete things from the android system.

Yes, user nemo does not have full permissions for the Android storage. You may need an Android filemanager for this. But even then it may not be possible to remove some app-private data.

zamorph
2013-12-26, 07:26

For cover actions, what about:

Jump to Home Folder, SD Card or a favourite folder that's been configured
Refresh / Reload the current directory's contents

Sailfex
2013-12-26, 21:18
Thanks for this great Sailfish app. Jolla-fileman is going to get retired :)
Samba client would be a nice feature. Then one would not need to use cable to transfer files between Jolla and NAS.

pycage
2013-12-26, 23:40
New version:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.1.1-1.armv7hl.rpm

* New icon thanks to Morpog
* Added cover
* Thumbnail previews for JPEG images now, too
* Fixed blurry icons
* Preview for audio, text, and images in the file info view
* Safe-mode (restricted to your data) unless your device is in developer mode
* Bug fixes

Edit: If the new icon does not show, please uninstall the old version first. This is a known bug in Sailfish.

parasemic
2013-12-27, 04:43
Uninstalled but still didnt show
e: reboot helped

F2thaK
2013-12-27, 07:17
by the time I get a jolla all the [currently] missing apps will have been made by awesome community members such as pycage

pycage
2013-12-27, 14:52
Updated first post with new download URL and screenshots.

Kiri
2013-12-28, 22:46
Has he search option ?

DrWilken
2013-12-29, 00:29
I really appreciate Your work, pycage...! Thanks... :)

Swipe left to open left side, and swipe right to open right side... ;)

maluka
2013-12-29, 03:18
Awesome app! Works like a dream and the icon is cool too :D

MaemoUser
2013-12-29, 12:21
Very cool app :).

Kaacz
2013-12-31, 09:32
Nice app. Please add
1) home (/home/nemo) to Places between Android storage and System. I use many own created dirs in home.
2) posibility to go one dir up (known as "..") :)

I was mismatch apps. Filebrowser from Kari have nice .rpm instalation. What about merge projects ? :)

pycage
2013-12-31, 11:11
Nice app. Please add
1) home (/home/nemo) to Places between Android storage and System. I use many own created dirs in home.

Yeah, I had it there, but removed it because the list was growing too long and you can always get there via System.
I plan that eventually you will be able to place your own bookmarks in Places.

2) posibility to go one dir up (known as "..") :)

Just drag the pulley menu and use the first option. :)

I was mismatch apps. Filebrowser from Kari have nice .rpm instalation. What about merge projects ? :)

Enabling RPM installation without Developer Mode is a dangerous thing (as RPMs can brick your device and have root access), and I wonder how Filebrowser got through the QA with this feature at all.
You should legally only be able to break your device after accepting the terms and conditions of Developer Mode.

Anyway, you can install RPMs without Developer Mode with Cargo Dock, too, by exploiting a bug in the store-client (until it will be fixed).
In another thread, somebody shortly described how to do it.

gsalone
2013-12-31, 12:23
Anyway, you can install RPMs without Developer Mode with Cargo Dock, too, by exploiting a bug in the store-client (until it will be fixed).

And i think this is it :)
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1402268&postcount=4

mousse04
2013-12-31, 13:32

A bug ? Believed it was a feature :p

rainisto
2013-12-31, 13:35
A bug ? Believed it was a feature :p

Yes its a bug. Allowing 3rd party rpm's to be side loaded is supposed behind settings flag which is coming as some later update.

larux
2014-01-03, 20:25
So beatiful filemanager! It's sad that installing rpm was bug, I was going to ask where is it..

but Nice work! Veery nice! You developers are amazing!

Morpog
2014-01-03, 21:46
Enabling RPM installation without Developer Mode is a dangerous thing (as RPMs can brick your device and have root access), and I wonder how Filebrowser got through the QA with this feature at all.
You should legally only be able to break your device after accepting the terms and conditions of Developer Mode.

How about having a disabled option (default off) in settings to install RPM files. It goes active as soon as developer mode is enabled. Then you can manually enable that setting.

pycage
2014-01-04, 11:12
How about having a disabled option (default off) in settings to install RPM files. It goes active as soon as developer mode is enabled. Then you can manually enable that setting.

This may be an option.

michdeskunk
2014-01-07, 10:03
great!
missing:
-create folders
-rename files
-open video, audio, images and package
-zip/unzip files
-sort by data,name or dimension

nicetux
2014-01-07, 11:11
Very nice tool. Thank you. Is it possible to get it over jolla store in the future?

rainisto
2014-01-07, 12:00

Yes, we are working on including "allow 3rd party rpm install/sideloading" setting in future sw updates (default off). And applications will be required to follow that setting value.

kpblxa
2014-01-07, 17:36
app is available or download in Jolla store

pycage
2014-01-07, 18:36
great!
missing:
-create folders
-rename files
-open video, audio, images and package
-zip/unzip files
-sort by data,name or dimension

Not missing: :)
- create folders
- rename files
- open audio (well, play it in the app itself), images (opens gallery), package (performs the standard open action associated with rpm)

pycage
2014-01-12, 17:13
What features would you like to see in future versions of Cargo Dock?

Working on Dropbox integration currently. :)
After that, maybe WebDAV.

MaemoUser
2014-01-12, 17:16
SMB integration would be cool :).

nodevel
2014-01-12, 17:28
FTP, SFTP, advanced support for archives (like opening-browsing an archive in one pane and copying-extracting some content to the other). Thanks! :)

MaemoUser
2014-01-12, 17:45
Owncloud integration is another option :).

Morpog
2014-01-12, 17:59
Moving files from one side to other side

DrWilken
2014-01-12, 19:08
Owncloud integration is another option :).

ownCloud uses WebDAV... ;-)

MaemoUser
2014-01-12, 19:10
Sorry, forgot that ;).

Sailfex
2014-02-02, 10:53
Hi

Couple of things that are missing in this very useful app.

1. As Morpog suggested. It would be nice to be able to move files from one side to another.

2. File sort order. For example camera pictures are sorted so that oldest pictures are at the top. It seems that the newest pictures are those that I need more often. Could you add settings, where user could change sort order ascending/descending?

3. Selection drawer auto close. After you have selected files and deleted them (or moved them in the future hopefully) you still have to manually close the drawer. Could it be so that the selection drawer closes automatically after user has deleted (or moved) files?

4. Please add couple of user selectable custom folders in the places view. There are plenty of room left at the main view (Places). Could you add couple user selectable folders under the system folder?

5. File rename bug or Sailfish feature. After I rename for example a picture and attach it to an e-mail (send a test e-mail to myself) file has the old name in e-mail attachment. When this same e-mail is received the attached picture has the new changed name. If you now look at the gallery there are the original picture with an old name and the new emailed picture with a new name ??? What is this ??

Schturman
2014-02-02, 11:16
why cargo (also file-briwser) can't see hiden files ?
and if someone need to run it as root, just run it from terminal:
devel-su
pass of dev mod
echo root|devel-su -c harbour-cargodock

root= your root pass (not of dev mod)

But it also can't see hiden files...

MoritzJT
2014-02-02, 13:11
root= your root pass (not of dev mod)

Where would I find or set this?

I always use lol as dev mode pw. Where do I set root pw or what is the stock setting?

I'm trying to fix privileges for FastDial - copied out the file to downloads, modified it with X-Plore from Android and now I'm trying to copy the file back without the use of CLI.

That's why I want to start Cargo Dock as root. How do I achieve that or is it even possible to copy the privileges file back to /usr/share/mapplauncherd ?

Cheers

b.cloanta
2014-02-02, 13:27
In terminaldevel-su Password: passwd root

Schturman
2014-02-02, 13:38
devel-su
pass of dev mod
passwd root
insert new root pass
repeat new root pass
exit

pycage
2014-02-02, 14:17
1. As Morpog suggested. It would be nice to be able to move files from one side to another.

It's on my TODO list.

2. File sort order. For example camera pictures are sorted so that oldest pictures are at the top. It seems that the newest pictures are those that I need more often. Could you add settings, where user could change sort order ascending/descending?

I'm thinking about it. It must fit nicely into the UI, though. :)

3. Selection drawer auto close. After you have selected files and deleted them (or moved them in the future hopefully) you still have to manually close the drawer. Could it be so that the selection drawer closes automatically after user has deleted (or moved) files?

The drawer does not auto-close, so that you can move by copy & delete. But once moving is available, this will not be required anymore.

4. Please add couple of user selectable custom folders in the places view. There are plenty of room left at the main view (Places). Could you add couple user selectable folders under the system folder?

I'm currently working on this feature, so it will be in the next version.

5. File rename bug or Sailfish feature. After I rename for example a picture and attach it to an e-mail (send a test e-mail to myself) file has the old name in e-mail attachment. When this same e-mail is received the attached picture has the new changed name. If you now look at the gallery there are the original picture with an old name and the new emailed picture with a new name ??? What is this ??

Hmm, maybe renaming is not notified by tracker? Does the same happen if you wait a few minutes after renaming, before sending?

pycage
2014-02-02, 14:18
why cargo (also file-briwser) can't see hiden files ?

Another feature that was simply not implemented yet. It will be available with Developer Mode in the next version.

Sailfex
2014-02-03, 15:51
Hmm, maybe renaming is not notified by tracker? Does the same happen if you wait a few minutes after renaming, before sending?

You were right, it was a tracker issue. Renaming worked after some time. I had time to test with another renamed picture and one pdf document until changes were noticed by tracker.

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward your next release of Cargo Dock.

Casanunda
2014-02-03, 16:59
Root access and show hidden files will make Cargo Dock even better.

Acces to network shares would be perfect, but I suppose SMB access is a bit more complex since it's nto available in the OS.

What about ssh? that is possible via command line out of the box, so maybe easier to implement (?)...

pycage
2014-02-03, 17:57
First network filesystem will be Dropbox. I use this to shape out the architecture for filesystem backends, so eventually everybody with Qt skills will be able to contribute filesystems to Cargo Dock. :)

pycage
2014-03-08, 20:51
Version 0.2.0 of Cargo Dock is finally ready! :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.0-1.armv7hl.rpm

Changelog for version 0.2.0:

* put your own bookmarks on the Places page
* tapping on the image preview in the file details opens the image fullscreen
* support for landscape orientation
* showing hidden files in Developer Mode
* support for multiple Dropbox accounts
* Dropbox image thumbnails
* file-operations between local phone and Dropbox, including recursive directory copying
* UI improvements and bugfixes

rannari
2014-03-09, 09:29
Fantastic update! Thanks.

Is there some hidden setting, because I have only one file operation - Delete...?

pycage
2014-03-09, 09:41
Fantastic update! Thanks.

Is there some hidden setting, but I have only one file operation - Delete...?

It depends on what is available. If you have no valid target on the other side, there is no copy option.

rannari
2014-03-09, 11:27
If you have no valid target on the other side, there is no copy option.

Ahaaa, obvious. Stupid me. Thanks.

pycage
2014-03-14, 10:53
Version 0.2.0 with Dropbox is in Jolla Store now. :)

N9uwu
2014-03-14, 13:44

Dropbox integration is working nicely!
It would be nice to have a progress-bar/overview for ongoing transfers.

Schturman
2014-03-16, 01:25
Thanks for update. It's very cool to see new background with word "ROOT" when you use "StartAsRoot for CargoDock (https://openrepos.net/content/schturman/startasroot-cargodock)" :D Thanks !
And integration of dropbox very useful :)

pycage
2014-03-16, 08:10
Thanks for update. It's very cool to see new background with word "ROOT" when you use "StartAsRoot for CargoDock (https://openrepos.net/content/schturman/startasroot-cargodock)" :D Thanks !

I even mentioned your hack on the help page, as I find it to be really useful (e.g. for working with the Android files). ;)

MSameer
2014-03-19, 20:42
The latest sailfish update moved the sd card mount point to /media/sdcard/ instead of the old place.

I have included details on how to fix that in the harbour file manager here: https://github.com/karip/harbour-file-browser/issues/2

Would be nice to get it fixed :)

richardski
2014-03-20, 22:32
A really useful facility. Many thanks.

Richard

Penguin
2014-03-21, 02:01
Great application! I would really like to see support for copy.com storage cloud in this application. Sailfish is my only OS which does not support Copy, not even Android client work properly in Jolla and thus have to use my very limited Dropbox storage space.

pycage
2014-03-23, 09:54
Cargo Dock version 0.2.1 with SD card fix:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1-1.armv7hl.rpm

Sailfex
2014-04-09, 15:27
Pycage:
Thanks for the new features :)

Waiting for move and sort order.
I found out that automatically closing selection menu is not a good thing, when there is no move command. Now you have to select files again after copy to delete them.

One UI improvement suggestion.
When one selects file from the list and the selection menu opens. Menu often covers the selected file (if the selected file is near bottom of the screen).
Could it be made so that when selection menu opens, the file list (file names) move upward so that there are no files left behind the menu?

Feature request: Refresh file list
If the files in the folder get deleted or moved by an external script, Cargo Dock does not update the view. At least not very soon. Could there be a refresh feature implemented in Cargo Dock?
Maybe by touching current folder name, one could refresh folder contents ... or would it be possible to add certain command to an external script to make Cargo Dock to refresh current folder content??

pycage
2014-04-29, 19:01
This is the first Cargo Dock test version with WebDAV support. Tested successfully with Telekom Cloud (SSL + Basic Auth). Yay! :D

Please let me know if and where you have problems with WebDAV. And also where it works! :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.99-1.armv7hl.rpm

rob_kouw
2014-04-29, 19:52
Hi pycage, I like your Cargo Dock a lot. Just discovered Dropbox support, great.
A question: could we have a shortcut to /home/nemo, for instance in the Developer Mode section? It is not easy now to get into the other folders over there. Thanks!

pycage
2014-04-29, 20:17
Hi pycage, I like your Cargo Dock a lot. Just discovered Dropbox support, great.
A question: could we have a shortcut to /home/nemo, for instance in the Developer Mode section? It is not easy now to get into the other folders over there. Thanks!

Just make a shortcut. Go to /home, and press and hold on nemo, while the other side has the Places page open. Select Bookmark.

Leinad
2014-04-29, 20:38
Dropbox support is great! Thanks

Some suggestions for further development (if possible):

show folders before files
show hidden files / folders in all views, when DM is enabled
move files
share / send files (bluetooth, email, ...)
zip / unzip files
open terminal in current folder

Thanks!

Manatus
2014-04-29, 21:28
No luck with Owncloud version of webdav. CargoDock is able to establish network connection, but something goes wrong during the login phase. I'll log stuff tomorrow...

clovis86
2014-04-29, 22:20
which OC release version did you try with please ? :)

Manatus
2014-04-30, 06:44
which OC release version did you try with please ? :)

The version is release 6.0.3 (out yesterday).

I checked this morning that Meedav client on N9 works with it, so it is likely a sabredav induced problem. Unfortunately copypaste does not work from terminal for me, so I have to wait I get Jolla connected to computer for easy logging.

Manatus
2014-04-30, 08:43
Here is what harbour-cargodock has to say about the issue. This is with proper certificate using official owncloud webdav path
https://[hostname]/remote.php/webdav/

create model webdav {d179b16d-05aa-4123-9b26-938529756c1e}
[D] DavModel::loadDirectory:189 - virtual void DavModel::loadDirectory(const QString&) "/"
[D] DavApi::propfind:135 - void DavApi::propfind(const QString&) "/"
[D] DavApi::slotPropfindReceived:243 - void DavApi::slotPropfindReceived() 405 ""
[D] DavApi::slotPropfindReceived:245 - (QPair("Date","Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:35:17 GMT") , QPair("Server","Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) PHP/5.4.21 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips") , QPair("X-Powered-By","PHP/5.4.21") , QPair("Expires","Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT") , QPair("Cache-Control","no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0") , QPair("Pragma","no-cache") , QPair("Strict-Transport-Security","max-age=31536000") , QPair("X-XSS-Protection","1; mode=block") , QPair("X-Content-Type-Options","nosniff") , QPair("X-Frame-Options","Sameorigin") , QPair("Content-Security-Policy","default-src 'self'; script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval'; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'; frame-src *; img-src *; font-src 'self' data:; media-src *") , QPair("Set-Cookie","50d09853847b0=9annlf6kr4dgbhohkaroa5ot94; path=/; HttpOnly
50d09853847b0=rd4lc83hu2b93ej9fopdvfiqe1; path=/; secure; HttpOnly
oc_username=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT
oc_token=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT
oc_remember_login=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT
oc_username=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; path=/
oc_token=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; path=/
oc_remember_login=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; path=/") , QPair("Status","405 Method Not Allowed") , QPair("Content-Length","0") , QPair("Connection","close") , QPair("Content-Type","text/html; charset=utf-8") )

While testing with Meedav on N9 I noticed that other commonly used path
https://[hostname]/files/webdav.php
does not work anymore with OC 6 for me. I also tested this with CargoDock without success.

EDIT: This may be caused by hardened Apache configuration my Owncloud runs on. If someone has webdav working with OC and CargoDock, please chime in. :)

Manatus
2014-04-30, 21:13
I did some additional testing this evening with vanilla setup of Owncloud 6.0.2 + PHP 5.3.x on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS box. Unfortunately that didn't help either. It seemed that this setup didn't get as far as the previous one. To counter lack of real certificate on this setup I also tested with plain http.

Earlier tested setup was Owncloud 6.0.3 + PHP 5.4.x + RHEL6 + proper certificate. With that I had today couple of hours session checking through configurations for possibly conflicting modules, php packages, web server hardening config and virtual directory request commands. Basically anything I was able to found about owncloud webdav problems. None had any effect, and CargoDock still bombed after 405 error.

Server side error and access apache logs showed only one request for PROPFIND verb, which gave out 405. I suspect this is not the reason, as working clients do have these too, and it may be connected to unrelated file locking problems with owncloud.

pycage
2014-05-01, 09:50
Edit: I got OwnCloud working. See next post.

Server side error and access apache logs showed only one request for PROPFIND verb, which gave out 405. I suspect this is not the reason, as working clients do have these too, and it may be connected to unrelated file locking problems with owncloud.

I looked into this and found that the "405 Method Not Allowed" is coming from the web server. WebDAV uses additional HTTP methods beyond GET, POST, and PUT, and the web server has to be configured to accept them.

For the official owncloud client this probably just doesn't matter because it does not use WebDAV.

https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18287

pycage
2014-05-01, 10:04
The reason is that owncloud does not expect / as root path, but something like "/owncloud/remote.php/webdav".

Using the proper path needs to be fixed in Cargo Dock.
For the time being, you can edit the configuration manually:

/home/nemo/.config/harbour-cargodock/CargoDock.conf

Look for the section that says "type=webdav" (after you have added a WebDAV server in Cargo Dock), and edit the path property, for example:

[%7Ba8b1a31e-9fa1-4218-bcb5-0a59a1254a40%7D]
icon=image://theme/icon-m-region
login=admin
name=OwnCloud
password=*****
path=/owncloud/remote.php/webdav
type=webdav
url=http://192.168.0.108

Manatus
2014-05-01, 12:21
The reason is that owncloud does not expect / as root path, but something like "/owncloud/remote.php/webdav".

Using the proper path needs to be fixed in Cargo Dock.
For the time being, you can edit the configuration manually:

/home/nemo/.config/harbour-cargodock/CargoDock.conf

Look for the section that says "type=webdav" (after you have added a WebDAV server in Cargo Dock), and edit the path property, for example:

[%7Ba8b1a31e-9fa1-4218-bcb5-0a59a1254a40%7D]
login=admin
name=OwnCloud
password=*****
type=webdav
url=http://192.168.0.108

Thanks, now it works! :)

(With 'path=/remote.php/webdav', as this server has site root in owncloud directory. So it depends on configuration.)

pycage
2014-05-01, 14:18
More WebDAV issues fixed in 0.2.1.100:

<link removed>

OwnCloud setup works now without manually editing the config file. Remove or reconfigure previously configured WebDAV connections.

Edit: take 0.2.1.101:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.101-1.armv7hl.rpm

cvp
2014-05-01, 18:28
i put all data right, but everytime, if i create a folder hang the app and close.
before creating, i cant see my f๎les from the server, any a idea?

Manatus
2014-05-01, 20:47
More WebDAV issues fixed in 0.2.1.100:

<link removed>

OwnCloud setup works now without manually editing the config file. Remove or reconfigure previously configured WebDAV connections.

Edit: take 0.2.1.101:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.101-1.armv7hl.rpm

Tested with version 0.2.1.101-1. It did not work out of the box when I typed the path in GUI... I checked the CargoDock.conf and the path line was missing. Should it have been there?

After adding the path manually there, it worked ok.

I also deleted the config file once to make sure there wasn't anything old lingering in there.

pycage
2014-05-02, 06:19
Maybe there's still some bug there with the path entry.
I'll take a closer look at it.

@cvp: Can you check the config file to see if your's is the same issue?

clovis86
2014-05-02, 07:06
still not working here with OC 6.0.3 :(

can anybody share his config file with ssl enabled please ? will appreciate :D

Manatus
2014-05-02, 10:03
still not working here with OC 6.0.3 :(

can anybody share his config file with ssl enabled please ? will appreciate :D

This webdav part was required for me. I suggest doing one config from GUI and then editing it to match according to your setup.

Only 'path=/remote.php/webdav' was missing. Everything else was done through GUI and should be in your config too already.
If your owncloud is not configured as the root of your site, then insert line
'path=/owncloud/remote.php/webdav'

[%7B8a6ce5f3-02ad-4d3b-a826-ff25633f5389%7D]
address=my.server.com
login=my_login_account
name=Anything_goes
password=password123#
path=/remote.php/webdav
securityMethod=ssl
type=webdav

clovis86
2014-05-02, 12:12
Here is how my config fiel look like :

[%7Bc7327e1c-d98c-46ec-aea3-fbf91ec4be78%7D]
address=myserver.com
login=mylogin
name=server
password=mypasswordwithalphanum
securityMethod=ssl
type=webdav

Anyhow, can't create a folder or connect to webdav :/

[nemo@Jolla ~]$ harbour-cargodock
[D] QWaylandEglIntegration::QWaylandEglIntegration:58 - Using Wayland-EGL
[W] QQmlImportDatabase::importPlugin:1697 - Module 'Sailfish.Silica' does not contain a module identifier directive - it cannot be protected from external registrations.
[D] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:8 1 - MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient(c onst QString&, QObject*) Theme: "jolla-ambient"
[D] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:1 12 - LocalThemeDaemonClient: Looking for assets in ("/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch", "/usr/share/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch")
registering service telekom-mediencenter
registering service webdav
registering service dropbox
registering service local
registering service places
create model places places
[D] {anonymous}::sdPath:42 - PARTITIONS ()
[D] {anonymous}::sdPath:42 - PARTITIONS ()
DeclarativeCoverWindow: I have a default alpha buffer
create model webdav {c7327e1c-d98c-46ec-aea3-fbf91ec4be78}
[D] DavModel::loadDirectory:196 - virtual void DavModel::loadDirectory(const QString&) "/owncloud/remote.php/webdav"
[D] DavApi::propfind:135 - void DavApi::propfind(const QString&) "/owncloud/remote.php/webdav"
[D] DavApi::slotPropfindReceived:243 - void DavApi::slotPropfindReceived() 0 ""
[D] DavApi::slotPropfindReceived:245 - ()
[D] DavApi::slotMkColFinished:261 - MKCOL finished 0
[D] DavApi::slotMkColFinished:261 - MKCOL finished 0

last 2 commands are results from a create folder try

Victorious
2014-05-02, 14:57

+1 The same thing and me

Manatus
2014-05-02, 16:50

I tested webdav with the box where I have both SSL with selfsigned certificate and plain http enabled. SSL with selfsigned cert fails with same output as you had. However plain http works.

Can you test with plain http? Removing enforced SSL redirect setting from the owncloud admin page should be enough, unless you've made your own redirect rewrite rules.

The system where I have SSL enabled and working has a real certificate. Selfsigned certs caused problems with Meedav too in the past...

pycage
2014-05-03, 10:55
Thanks for all your help! :)
Here is version 0.2.1.102:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.102-1.armv7hl.rpm

* Fixed the issue where the path of WebDAV connections was not saved.
* Fixed compatibility issue with some WebDAV servers.
* Added support for self-signed SSL certificates (you will be asked if you want to accept).

clovis86
2014-05-04, 06:51
yay ! working flawlessly ! thanks :)

Can I request 1 or 2 improvments, new features ? :D
- ability to copy/past ?
- status copy ( percentage or progress bar ? )
- a txt editor ? ( I'm using OC as a note reminder, so I would love to edit my txt files directly from cargo ! )

Anyhow, thanks againf for the new release and your work on this project !
keep going on ! :D

Manatus
2014-05-04, 09:13
All three connection scenarios tested and working with new cargodock version. Zero problems. Thanks! :)

cvp
2014-05-04, 11:01
hey, i update owncloud to 6.0.3 now i get this Logs:

Permission denied at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/cache/fileglobal.php#36

and

call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'OCA\News\Backgroundjob\Task' not found at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/backgroundjob/legacy/regularjob.php#13

have anyone any idea what i can do?

Manatus
2014-05-04, 12:34
hey, i update owncloud to 6.0.3 now i get this Logs:

Permission denied at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/cache/fileglobal.php#36

and

call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'OCA\News\Backgroundjob\Task' not found at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/backgroundjob/legacy/regularjob.php#13

have anyone any idea what i can do?

Sorry, was this problem with CargoDock or just an upgrade problem in Owncloud generally?

Looking at the error message, do you have owncloud applications other than the very basic ones installed, such as the 'News'? If you do, try disabling them first and reinstall/upgrade manually. (Owncloud update tool has been flaky in my experience so I always do a manual upgrade.)

cvp
2014-05-04, 13:39
sry you right.... i fix the problems....

but Cargo + Owncloud is not working :( cant find the problem.

type=local

[%7B9924f6bc-ccd4-425f-96ce-1f25a34d12a3%7D]
address=https://xxx.dyndns.org:xxxxx
login=admin
name=OwnCloud
password=xxxxx
securityMethod=ssl
type=webdav
url=https://xxx.dyndns.org:xxxxx

If i go to "OwnCloud" folder under "Cloud" the load something, but show me nothing. II Think he cant connect correctly.
If i create a folder and swipe from right to left, than the app cant show the new site and crash than.

Manatus
2014-05-04, 13:48
A bug not related to webdav...

I have problems deleting bookmarks. Any folder will do. Version is 0.2.1.102.

At first I though it was related to bookmarks pointing at webdav targets. After deleting CargoDock.conf the problem seems to continue with only local directories involved.

At first I was able to delete newly created bookmarks, but after couple of retries not anymore. Not even with completely new CargoDock.conf. I don't seem to find any logic why this happens. It just fails with an error message 'Could not delete file: [filename]' in GUI.
Deletion of files works ok, the problem is only with bookmarks.

Following log contains procedures in this order:

Start cargodock
Navigate to folder 'Documents'
Create folder 'test'
Bookmark 'test'
Navigate to 'Places'
Navigate to 'test' from a newly created bookmark
Navigate to 'Places'
Delete bookmark 'test'

[nemo@Jolla harbour-cargodock]$ harbour-cargodock
[D] QWaylandEglIntegration::QWaylandEglIntegration:58 - Using Wayland-EGL
[W] QQmlImportDatabase::importPlugin:1697 - Module 'Sailfish.Silica' does not contain a module identifier directive - it cannot be protected from external registrations.
[D] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:8 1 - MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient(c onst QString&, QObject*) Theme: "jolla-ambient"
[D] MLocalThemeDaemonClient::MLocalThemeDaemonClient:1 12 - LocalThemeDaemonClient: Looking for assets in ("/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch", "/usr/share/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch")
registering service telekom-mediencenter
registering service webdav
registering service dropbox
registering service local
registering service places
[D] {anonymous}::sdPath:42 - PARTITIONS ("1A0B-4728")
[D] {anonymous}::sdPath:42 - PARTITIONS ("1A0B-4728")
DeclarativeCoverWindow: I have a default alpha buffer
create model local local0
[D] FolderModel::loadDirectory:229 - virtual void FolderModel::loadDirectory(const QString&) "/home/nemo/Documents"
[D] FolderModel::makeDirectory:222 - virtual bool FolderModel::makeDirectory(const QString&) "/home/nemo/Documents/test"
refreshing panes
[D] FolderModel::loadDirectory:229 - virtual void FolderModel::loadDirectory(const QString&) "/home/nemo/Documents"
[W] unknown:-1 - <Unknown File>:
create model local local0
[D] PlacesModel::linkFile:225 - virtual bool PlacesModel::linkFile(const QString&, const QString&, const FolderBase*) "/Places/test" "/home/nemo/Documents/test"
refreshing panes
[D] PlacesModel::loadDirectory:280 - service "local" "test" "/home/nemo/Documents/test"
[D] PlacesModel::loadDirectory:280 - service "local" "test" "/home/nemo/Documents/test"
create model local {17bc8891-bcc3-4cfb-b7a4-7c0b617c9ec4}
[D] FolderModel::loadDirectory:229 - virtual void FolderModel::loadDirectory(const QString&) "/home/nemo/Documents/test"
deleting 1 items /Places/test
[D] PlacesModel::deleteFile:242 - virtual bool PlacesModel::deleteFile(const QString&) "/Places/test"
refreshing panes

Manatus
2014-05-04, 14:10
sry you right.... i fix the problems....

but Cargo + Owncloud is not working :( cant find the problem.

If i go to "OwnCloud" folder under "Cloud" the load something, but show me nothing. II Think he cant connect correctly.
If i create a folder and swipe from right to left, than the app cant show the new site and crash than.

Crashing when creating new folder is "normal" if the webdav connection has not been established properly. Same with spinning circle and then empty screen with only option to create folder. It just cannot connect.

'Url=' does not seem to be required with Owncloud so you can remove that line, or start a new by removing CargoDock.conf and then continue with GUI only.

I think the problem is double 'https://' caused by
address=https://xxx.dyndns.org:xxxxx

Try what happens with just
address=xxx.dyndns.org:xxxxx

cvp
2014-05-04, 14:30
Try what happens with just
address=xxx.dyndns.org:xxxxx

this is working! over app, not need it to edit the conf over terminal or so.

thanks ;)

inte
2014-05-13, 12:36
Works fine with Mailbox.org (http://www.mailbox.org) as well (after adding the path manually).

pycage
2014-05-13, 17:55
And here's Cargo Dock 0.2.1.104:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.104-1.armv7hl.rpm

* Lots of bug fixes
* Implemented support for HTTP Digest Authentication for WebDAV
* Progress display for copy operations

Manatus
2014-05-13, 21:17
So far no problems. I created two webdav connections to Ownclouds and moved a bunch of files around. Bookmarks deletion was working.

Progress bar is nice but increases appetite. ;) It would be useful to have progress percentage on the cover based on calculated sum of all selected/copied files. This way user could do something else meanwhile, and peek at the status of the copy operation.

cvp
2014-05-13, 23:13
nice update, thanks for it. percent was cool, but i can live without :)

pycage
2014-05-16, 11:11
Progress bar is nice but increases appetite. ;) It would be useful to have progress percentage on the cover based on calculated sum of all selected/copied files. This way user could do something else meanwhile, and peek at the status of the copy operation.

The total sum is not known before as there can be subdirectories, and they are only traversed for copying.

pycage
2014-05-31, 20:41
Another test version before it will be released on Harbour:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.105-1.armv7hl.rpm

New in Cargo Dock 0.2.1.105:

- Passwords are saved Blowfish-encrypted

If you have already saved WebDAV passwords with an earlier test version of Cargo Dock, you will be required to set them again. To be more safe, remove the service entry from the settings first, so that the plain-text password will be removed from the configuration file; otherwise it will stay there.

Passwords are by default encrypted with an undisclosed default passphrase that is not part of the open source distribution.
This is only safe until someone discovers it in the executable.

To be more secure, you can set a custom pass phrase that is not stored anywhere (and has to be entered once per session).

pycage
2014-06-01, 10:02
Cargo Dock 0.2.1.106:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.106-1.armv7hl.rpm

New in this version:
- Improved handling of password encryption passphrase
- Fixed bug where the progress display disappeared after creating a new folder while a copy operation was in progress
- Added more MIME types to be recognized with an icon

coderus
2014-06-01, 10:34
push it in any repo please

pycage
2014-06-01, 11:15
push it in any repo please

The source code is on github and version 0.2.2 will be published on Harbour soon. These are just interim test versions to spot problems with WebDAV before it goes to the Jolla store.

Manatus
2014-06-01, 15:00
Cargo Dock 0.2.1.106:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39221746/harbour-cargodock-0.2.1.106-1.armv7hl.rpm

New in this version:
- Improved handling of password encryption passphrase
- Fixed bug where the progress display disappeared after creating a new folder while a copy operation was in progress
- Added more MIME types to be recognized with an icon

Some minor quirks:

- If WebDAV server (owncloud) is using self-signed certificate, the user is asked to accept the sertificate every time user restarts CargoDock and accesses WebDAV server again.

- Bookmarking is dependent on same two pane logic used for copying. Because of this user cannot create bookmarks if both panes have other than 'Places' selected at the same time. It is a bit confusing.

- When starting CargoDock, both panes start from centimeter away from top of the screen. This happens if user has more than just the default folders visible in under 'Places', such as Dev-mode or one or more Dropbox/WebDAV locations.

pycage
2014-06-02, 19:38
- If WebDAV server (owncloud) is using self-signed certificate, the user is asked to accept the sertificate every time user restarts CargoDock and accesses WebDAV server again.

Too late for version 0.2.2 as it's time to release it to Harbour finally. :)
But this is on my TODO list for after that.

- Bookmarking is dependent on same two pane logic used for copying. Because of this user cannot create bookmarks if both panes have other than 'Places' selected at the same time. It is a bit confusing.

Yeah, maybe this requires a bit more thinking about how to handle bookmarking.
Right now, it's simply a cheap special case of linking as that functionality was already there and thus only required specialised code on the Places side.

ssahla
2014-06-06, 19:12
Hi! I have recently set up my Owncloud, and now I'm trying to connect to it with Cargo Dock. I have entered address and credentials and I see OC in the Cargo Dock start screen, but when I navigate there, I get a moment of spinning wheel and then "Not available". I have tried both with SSL and without; with SSL, it asks me to accept the certificate, but after that it's still "Not available".

I read through this thread but couldn't find a solution. I'm running OC 6.0.3. Here's the entry from my config file:

[%7B7fa05a74-55f0-44f9-813a-c7c137494f32%7D]
address=www.[...].com
icon=file:///usr/share/harbour-cargodock/qml/services/owncloud.png
login=[...]
name=owncloud
password%3Ablowfish=[...]
securityMethod=ssl
type=owncloud

The path seems to be right, as I see the contents of my OC when I copy the address+that path to a browser url bar.

Any ideas? How to troubleshoot?

Manatus
2014-06-06, 21:03
Hi! I have recently set up my Owncloud, and now I'm trying to connect to it with Cargo Dock. I have entered address and credentials and I see OC in the Cargo Dock start screen, but when I navigate there, I get a moment of spinning wheel and then "Not available". I have tried both with SSL and without; with SSL, it asks me to accept the certificate, but after that it's still "Not available".

I read through this thread but couldn't find a solution. I'm running OC 6.0.3. Here's the entry from my config file:

address=www.[...].com
login=[...]
name=owncloud
securityMethod=ssl
type=owncloud

The path seems to be right, as I see the contents of my OC when I copy the address+that path to a browser url bar.

Not much. The config seems valid. You may want to test webdav with some other client to make sure that it is working ok on your server. Just don't use OSX Finder built-in function; it bugs a lot.
Also try clearing up your owncloud account from any files with nordic or special characters if any, just in case.

inte
2014-06-06, 21:43
Just one more thing:
I'm connecting to a webdav-share hosted by mailbox.org (https://mailbox.org/drive-mit-webdav-unter-linux-nutzen/).
Everything works fine except for that the last access/file changed date displayed by cargo dock is just absolutely nonsense (currently it says "in 1011 month" for every file in the webdav account).
Doesn't bother me to much but maybe it is a bug with certain webdav shares? Everything works fine for both dropbox and t-online mediacenter.

Manatus
2014-06-07, 07:53

address=www.[...].com
login=[...]
name=owncloud
securityMethod=ssl
type=owncloud

Since you had PMs disabled, this answer here publicly. Because of the public password, the test account will be disabled tomorrow.

In case you still have problems with cargodock and owncloud, you can test it with my test setup:

Name: Perhonen
Server: perhonen.keilarannanpalvelin.fi
Path: /remote.php/webdav (my setup root points already at /owncloud)
SSL: on (works with 'off' too)

Account:
teppo

Password:
tappo#

If this works and your own server does not, the reason might be some characters in your password, as many webdav implementations are not very good with special characters during authentication phase.

Also your web server may have webdav module enabled in its own configuration, and that might be taking over owncloud's sabredav implementation during authentication.

You may also want to start cargodock from command line (harbour-cargodock), and compare output between your server and my test setup when accessing webdav location.

ssahla
2014-06-07, 12:46
Thank you for these hints! Connection to your test setup works fine. I changed my password to a simple one (only lowercase letters), but that didn't help. I'll have to look into the other things you mentioned.

Update: In the terminal output there are "406 Not acceptable" errors from the server. With some googling I found discussions about similar problems, and now I think it's a problem with some mod_security rules on the host. Tried to edit .htaccess according to some advice given in those discussions, but no luck. I guess I'll need to contact my hosting service about this.

inte
2014-06-07, 20:23
The bug described above (wrong file modification time with certain webdav shares) is still present in the current release from harbour. You could apply for a free mailbox.org test-account from mailbox.org if you want to try it yourself.

Manatus
2014-06-07, 20:59
Thank you for these hints! Connection to your test setup works fine. I changed my password to a simple one (only lowercase letters), but that didn't help. I'll have to look into the other things you mentioned.

Update: In the terminal output there are "406 Not acceptable" errors from the server. With some googling I found discussions about similar problems, and now I think it's a problem with some mod_security rules on the host. Tried to edit .htaccess according to some advice given in those discussions, but no luck. I guess I'll need to contact my hosting service about this.

I've had problems with both suhosin patch and mod_security in the past, to a point I had to stop using them with Owncloud. Maybe they'll fit in one day when Owncloud development slows down a bit. :(

sakallio
2014-07-18, 10:40
I succeeded to connect Cargo Dock to Fabasoft Folio Cloud. Before configuring I had to create an addition password to enable connecting without PIN. Instruction for generating password are here http://help.cloud.fabasoft.com/index.php?topic=doc/User-Help-Fabasoft-Cloud-eng/access-for-applications.htm
So this configuration seems to work.
Server: at.cloud.fabasoft.com
Path: /folio/webdav
Secure connection: SSL
LoginID is the email address
And password is what was generated by the Fabasoft client.

magullo
2014-10-05, 05:04
Are there plans to include more services? I'd like to see Box.
Thanks.

pycage
2014-10-05, 12:09
Yes, there are plans, but nothing specific yet. Anyway, anybody can contribute services. Cargo Dock is open source. :)

orestes1986
2014-10-25, 19:10
Hello,

I am trying to connect with an owncloud server (openmailbox.org) through Cargo Dock.

I have tried with the WebDav service option as well as with the OwnCloud option.

They both end up with a: "The server did not respond" message.

I have searched for some comment in this topic that could be helpful, but did could not do any better, do you have any idea what this message might be?

Thank you,
Orestes

jukey
2014-11-06, 15:18
Hi,

I am using Cargo Dock with the latest (opt-in) release of the firmware. Most things are working well but there seems to be a problem with the password protected WebDAV area.
Entering the settings dialog entering the WebDAV root folder I am asked fo my password. The problem is, that I am able to enter whatever I want: I am never able to accept the entered password. The Accept button stays grey.

pycage
2014-11-06, 18:46
Hi,

I am using Cargo Dock with the latest (opt-in) release of the firmware. Most things are working well but there seems to be a problem with the password protected WebDAV area.
Entering the settings dialog entering the WebDAV root folder I am asked fo my password. The problem is, that I am able to enter whatever I want: I am never able to accept the entered password. The Accept button stays grey.

Hmm, it works for me on Uitukka. Maybe try harder to remember your correct password. ;)

bennypr0fane
2015-01-20, 11:10
What's the local mount point that Cargo dock uses for the Owncloud webdav share? Can I now rsync stuff to it?
I'd like to use rsync for uploading stuff to Owncloud this way.

pycage
2015-01-20, 17:02
What's the local mount point that Cargo dock uses for the Owncloud webdav share? Can I now rsync stuff to it?
I'd like to use rsync for uploading stuff to Owncloud this way.

There is no local mount point. It talks WebDAV to the server directly.