PDA

View Full Version : Simple way of installing .rpm

djselbeck
2013-12-30, 21:41
Hello guys,

does anybody of you know if sailfishos provides an easy way to install applications provided as an rpm.

For APKs you can just install them from downloaded files page but for rpms this isn't working.

I'm asking this, because I would like to provide the users of SMPC an easy way to install/update the application.

greetings

rainisto
2013-12-30, 21:45
Hello guys,

does anybody of you know if sailfishos provides an easy way to install applications provided as an rpm.

For APKs you can just install them from downloaded files page but for rpms this isn't working.

I'm asking this, because I would like to provide the users of SMPC an easy way to install/update the application.

greetings

Currently it doesnt offer easy way. We are working on "Allow 3rd party applications" settings option to allow side loading, which would enable rpm mime-handler. So sorry for that you need to wait for an update.

djselbeck
2013-12-30, 21:49
No problem :)

wout.martens
2013-12-30, 21:49
Hello guys,

greetings

Easiest method is having Jolla store open, going to your transfers panel (if the files are downloaded) and clicking the rpm file, swipe left or right, go to store and the file is there to be installed. Same for already local files on system (use filemanager to browse to file)

djselbeck
2013-12-30, 21:52
Easiest method is having Jolla store open, going to your transfers panel (if the files are downloaded) and clicking the rpm file, swipe left or right, go to store and the file is there to be installed. Same for already local files on system (use filemanager to browse to file)

Funny :) I wonder if this is officially supported ;)

rannari
2013-12-30, 21:55
Install FileBrowser from Jolla store. Selecting rpm file gives you possibility to install it. Works well ...

djselbeck
2013-12-30, 21:57
Terminal usage is something I rather not recommend for every user ;) so file manager or this cool store method must suffice.

domriley
2013-12-30, 22:19
i use file browser and it works very well

pycage
2013-12-31, 11:37
Funny :) I wonder if this is officially supported ;)

Nope. ;)
Certainly not this way.