PDA

View Full Version : SFOS 1.0.7.16 upgrade available

cvp
2014-06-09, 17:31
you can download now!

https://together.jolla.com/question/45064/release-notes-software-version-10716-saapunki/

Whats new?

4G support for all users (requires 4G SIM) [Settings > System > Mobile network > Network mode = Prefer 4G]
Facebook notifications sub-page in events view, where you can like and comment
Folder support in app launcher area
New accounts for popular calDAV providers: Yahoo!, MemoToo, Fruux, ownCloud (experimental)
Two-way syncronization of Google contacts
Support for uploading files in Browser (experimental)
Switching between browser tabs remembers your last position and no longer reloads the tab content
HTML5 Fullscreen support in Browser
Personalize shortcuts on lockscreen pull-down menu [Settings > System > Shortcuts > Lock Screen]
Support for additional bluetooth profiles: PBAP and HID
Support for traditional and simplified Chinese Handwriting Recognition in virtual keyboard
Additional settings for browser app [Settings > Apps > Browser > Privacy]
Option to clear private data in browser
"Do not track" option to inform sites that you do not wish to be tracked
Quick scrolling feature enabled in Sailfish views
SIM Application Toolkit support - enables access to SIM and network-specific add-on services from your operator (e.g. recharging prepaid credit, changing subscription and phone network setting etc depending on the operator)
Quick access to SailfishOS updates [Settings >System >Sailfish OS updates]
Includes a new setting for update checks (Manual / WLAN only / Always)
The phone is now ICASA certified (South Africa) and labelled under Settings > About product

towhatend
2014-06-09, 17:33
I´m not the first one so I can not download it. :(

Release note:
https://together.jolla.com/question/45064/release-notes-software-version-10716-saapunki/

coderus
2014-06-09, 17:36
Installed, great updates, thanks :)

Dave999
2014-06-09, 17:46
No copy and paste improvements. :( But this one is very nice: Switching between browser tabs remembers your last position and no longer reloads the tab content. Thx very Much Jolla!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/pops58photo/Smiles%203/551.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-music012.gif http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/pops58photo/Smiles%203/551.gif

EDIT: Also extra kudos to jolla for the detailed release Note including bugs.

taixzo
2014-06-09, 18:10
This looks awesome! Can't wait for the N9 port to be updated!

gaiosgf
2014-06-09, 19:10
No update yet in Greece.

chilango
2014-06-09, 19:24
Nothing to do with Greece. At the moment Jolla preferred the "First One" Users. I think in the night thez will be free for all Jolla Users.

juiceme
2014-06-09, 19:28
Lots of niceties, according to release notes.
Now downloading :D

towhatend
2014-06-09, 19:33
Downloading now. :D

strongm
2014-06-09, 19:49
Installing as I type ...

pikejake
2014-06-09, 19:50
Yup, available for everyone now.

pagis
2014-06-09, 20:00
exciting, downloading now!!!

ps remember it is still early June ;-)

JiiHoo
2014-06-09, 20:15
Installed, no problems there. Transparency has been increased quite a lot for active covers, but looks fine for me.

gaiosgf
2014-06-09, 20:34
YESSSSS!!!Downloading now.

marxian
2014-06-09, 20:45
http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

shallimus
2014-06-09, 20:49
I can finally make & receive phone calls without being stuck on 2G internet! Thank you Jolla! :)

(If that makes no sense to you, then bear in mind that the Jolla radio is not compatible with Canadian 3G signals)

eerde
2014-06-09, 20:56
Thanks Jolla/Sailfish team ! Great update :)
Now if I could only finds the folder support in app launcher area...
Will test 4G later/tomorrow.

jimmy neutron
2014-06-09, 21:04
Thanks Jolla/Sailfish team ! Great update :)
Now if I could only finds the folder support in app launcher area...
Will test 4G later/tomorrow.

Hi,

Longpress the chosen app.. and then drag to any chosen app release onto app and voila,you have a red circle-thingy with a number inside

To edit the folder name press in the upper right corner on folder... and there you go !!!

kind Regards

chilango
2014-06-09, 21:05
Now i'am downloading to. It seems now its accessible for every Jolla User

minimos
2014-06-09, 21:05
Now make this update last.
Next one will be in two months :)

Dave999
2014-06-09, 21:07
Hi,

Longpress the chosen app.. and then drag to any chosen app release onto app and voila,you have a red circle-thingy with a number inside

kind Regards

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130730073639/halo/images/3/3d/Give_that_man_a_cookie.jpg

w00t
2014-06-09, 21:19
Now make this update last.
Next one will be in two months :)

Not yet. There should (unless there are exigent circumstances) be one more update before the summer break.

ssahla
2014-06-09, 21:19
And if you want something else than a red circle, tap on the icon in the folder view :)

andreas1
2014-06-09, 21:54
Update seems to have bricked the phone. Process of installing went fine until it rebooted and showed Jolla logo, after that stays black and no response to anything. Pressing again shows the red light (turning power off?). If powering again -> vibration and jolla logo -> then total blackness as described. Had the latest update before this. Factory reset?

Seems to be more cases of the same kind in the "2gether.jolla.com release notes"-topic.

LouisDK
2014-06-09, 22:01
Update seems to have bricked the phone. Process of installing went fine until it rebooted and showed Jolla logo, after that stays black and no response to anything. Pressing again shows the red light (turning power off?). If powering again -> vibration and jolla logo -> then total blackness as described. Had the latest update before this. Factory reset?

Seems to be more cases of the same kind in the "2gether.jolla.com release notes"-topic.

Have you tried to take the battery out, put it in again and then press the power button to see if the device will boot?

andreas1
2014-06-09, 22:10
Have you tried to take the battery out, put it in again and then press the power button to see if the device will boot?

Yes, it made no difference.

nodevel
2014-06-09, 22:19
Yes, it made no difference.

Did you have any patches installed prior to upgrading?

Shadwblade2652
2014-06-09, 22:33
This looks awesome! Can't wait for the N9 port to be updated!

It's still on 1.0.2.5. This update is going to take a very. very. long time.

TemeV
2014-06-09, 22:36
Not yet. There should (unless there are exigent circumstances) be one more update before the summer break.

There was supposed to be two updates before holidays, but they were combined. Is it somewhere announced that update 8 is going to come earlier than planned?

Edit: Just noticed the "I'm a Jolla sailor" signature, so maybe you know better :)

aegis
2014-06-09, 23:24
Installed without a problem for me. Lots of both big and small changes.

My contacts now seem to be syncing images where they hadn't before. Now my People cover is actually showing images instead of names.

CalDAV support is there but I've tried all sorts of incantations to get the right server address and path for iCloud and either get blank calendar names and no events synced or I get no calendars recognised. Surely 'popular CalDAV providers' is missing the elephant in the room if no Apple iCloud support?

I've not tried ownCloud support for my other calendars.

Fast scrolling is enabled (finally). Flick rapidly and a scroll bar with top/bottom fast forward buttons appears. This seems to be system wide as it's working in third party apps too like Tweetian.

Maps got an update but I've not spotted anything major.

Folder support is there but seems a bit rushed with basic transitions, unrecognisable folder icons and a fiddly method of creating folders, especially as I found moving an icon over the folder made the folder jump up a row if it's the first in a row. Room for improvement.

The media player has some layout tweaks I think but still some way to go before it beats the N9 player.

IMAP accounts in Mail have icons that have been hit with the fugly stick. Green background?

Mail will warn you if the certificate mismatches or is untrusted and you can click 'Accept untrusted certificates' to go back to the old behaviour. It'd have been better if it told you what the certificate is and asked you to trust each on an individual basis rather than trusting all. Next update ?

Tapping on a notification icon in the lock screen gives you an idiot prompt to swipe up from the bottom to get notifications. I still think the notification screen should be on the left, like the N9, and the notification icon should take you to that section of the notification screen. ie. like it says it was going to be like at one point at https://sailfishos.org/core-events-article.html instead of the ambiance settings.

This seems like the first update that's really made a difference for me feature wise. An impressive update.

eerde
2014-06-09, 23:26
There was supposed to be two updates before holidays, but they were combined. Is it somewhere announced that update 8 is going to come earlier than planned?

Edit: Just noticed the "I'm a Jolla sailor" signature, so maybe you know better :)
I read it differently:

"Firstly we were supposed to have 2 updates before Jolla sailors take their summer vacation, but then as we colsed up to the end of May and there were still no updates on our devices, Sailors decided to combine the two promised updates and send them off to our phones in the beginning of June which gives us about 2 weeks of waiting time."
http://www.jollatides.com/2014/05/22/next-sailfish-os-update-is-planned-for-early-june-combining-update-6-7/

I read: There were supposed to be 2 updates between May and their summer vacation. May was merged with June as it worked faster then expected.
So today we have the two updates 6 & 7. After the summer vacation we may hear when the next one is.
My guess: October !

strongm
2014-06-09, 23:51
>So today we have the two updates 6 & 7. After the summer vacation we may hear when the next one is

Jolla staff have suggested that there will be another update in early July before they all go on holiday.

Makeclick
2014-06-10, 00:28
Very solid update! Now i can see even day when i woke my Jolla!

Kiitos Jolla! Nyt voin suositella puhelinta lähes kelle vain!

gerbick
2014-06-10, 00:33
Does the 4G work in other areas - like the UK or otherwise? Inquiring minds want to know...

(-8)

eerde
2014-06-10, 01:26
>So today we have the two updates 6 & 7. After the summer vacation we may hear when the next one is

Jolla staff have suggested that there will be another update in early July before they all go on holiday.

Do you have a source ?

maluka
2014-06-10, 01:40
Absolutely loving the folders!

TMavica
2014-06-10, 01:46
anyone still got map update?
it cant be update

TMavica
2014-06-10, 01:47
4G worked well in Hong Kong and handwriting is great!

meet.vino
2014-06-10, 03:26
The update installed without any problem. Wish they had a better way to create folders. Not that it is difficult or bad. Would love to have the time and notifications on the screensaver and USB tethering in the next update.

salyavin
2014-06-10, 04:25
I can finally make & receive phone calls without being stuck on 2G internet! Thank you Jolla! :)

(If that makes no sense to you, then bear in mind that the Jolla radio is not compatible with Canadian 3G signals)

Do you know what frequencies? Would be nice to know additional carriers this phone can work on particularly in North America.

youmeego
2014-06-10, 04:38
Please

1. Add control center by swiping from home screen instead of changing ambience

2. SIP VOIP integration

Thanks

jalyst
2014-06-10, 06:26
Do you have a source ?

Eeeiiish, he was referring this post just 1 page back:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1428912#post1428912

jalyst
2014-06-10, 06:28
Does the 4G work in other areas - like the UK or otherwise? Inquiring minds want to know...

(-8)

Do you know what frequencies? Would be nice to know additional carriers this phone can work on particularly in North America.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1428967#post1428967
http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fi/2014/01/lte-4g-supported-countries-and.html

Boxeri
2014-06-10, 06:51
Anyone using old patchmanager with patched lipstick? Does the original lipstick have to be reinstalled or can I just update?

nodevel
2014-06-10, 07:17
Eeeiiish, he was referring this post just 1 page back:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1428912#post1428912

And possibly to IRC where the same thing was mentioned by Jolla employees. The plan is to have update 8 before summer vacation, early July. Period.

bockersjv
2014-06-10, 08:52
Media player has scrolling now but it seems eratic, although it is probably me getting used to it. The shuffle function now works well though.

andreas1
2014-06-10, 09:22
Did you have any patches installed prior to upgrading?

Not sure what are considered as patches, but didnt have the patchmanager or any other customisation, well, I had the friends-integration thing though. Dont know, maybe it was that.

What do U think as my options, this only https://together.jolla.com/question/22079/howto-all-pc-users-recover-or-reset-a-device-that-is-stuck-in-boot-loop/ ?

gaelic
2014-06-10, 09:25
Hmm. I thought I can finally get rid of the exchange protocol and use imap/caldav/carddav .... but still no carddav.
Hopefully before summer :)

finfly
2014-06-10, 10:53
Installed without a problem for me. Lots of both big and small changes.
I've not tried ownCloud support for my other calendars.

Folder support is there but seems a bit rushed with basic transitions, unrecognisable folder icons and a fiddly method of creating folders, especially as I found moving an icon over the folder made the folder jump up a row if it's the first in a row. Room for improvement.

And if you want something else than a red circle, tap on the icon in the folder view :)

I am still waiting updates to media player or well detailed quide to make my media library work with Jolla. Handling album arts and tags does have many problems.

NokiaFanatic
2014-06-10, 10:54
A week after their latest update, I am still on the old version (I have a Nexus 5).

Hours after Jolla announce an update, I am on the latest version :) 4G has come just in time for me as well as my operator has come out with a great new deal.

The Nexus 5 is still my daily phone, but compared to where it was at release, Jolla is getting very close to replacing it. Right now, the only issues I have with Jolla are purely hardware related. If someone could make a Camera TOH with a Xenon flash or something cool like that, I would be on the Jolla permanently.

aegis
2014-06-10, 11:37
@finfly yes, I'd spotted the folder icon selection. None of them say 'folder' to me and neither does having a number on them (why would I need to know that?) but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

carmenluci
2014-06-10, 11:40
Does anybody know how to delete a folder?

Ozymandias
2014-06-10, 11:55
Following the creation logic, maybe removing all apps from inside deletes the folder? Didn't try it, though.

Edit: Yes, as soon as there is only one app inside the folder, it gets deleted.

carmenluci
2014-06-10, 12:12
Following the creation logic, maybe removing all apps from inside deletes the folder? Didn't try it, though.

Edit: Yes, as soon as there is only one app inside the folder, it gets deleted.

It does not work for me, I have an only app inside the folder:

http://www.casimages.es/i/14061002121538029.jpg

I removed all app inside the folder too, but the problem persist.

rentze
2014-06-10, 12:13
A question for those who have installed the update -- Did this (https://together.jolla.com/question/39281/bug-wpa2-enterprise-wpa_supplicant-fails-when-server-cert-is-also-client-cert-radius-radsec-eduroam/) bug get fixed?

Bundyo
2014-06-10, 12:20
Check here: https://together.jolla.com/question/45064/release-notes-software-version-10716-saapunki/#45064-highlights-of-bug-fixes

carmenluci
2014-06-10, 12:21
I got it!! I added more apps inside the folder and after, I removed all apps except one of them, and the folder was removed!

Thank you Ozymandias!

shallimus
2014-06-10, 12:40

(-8)

Yes. I'm in Canada and using LTE. I was already using it before this update with the hack, but couldn't make or receive phone calls. Now I can, sort of (see edit below).

Downloaded a 25MB file in ~4 seconds yesterday, then made a phone call to discuss it. This update has made the biggest positive impact for me of all updates so far, and I haven't even started exploring the other improvements (but roll on CardDAV).

Thank you Jolla!

Edit: not as good as it seems, unfortunately. To make a phone call is possible: the phone switches from LTE to 2G (slowly, ~20 seconds!) then makes the call, but I still cannot receive phone calls unless the phone is still on 2G...

NokiaFanatic
2014-06-10, 13:13
I am using LTE in the UK with my Jolla (through 4GEE) FYI.

mscion
2014-06-10, 13:28
Happily received the update! Features seem to work fine. Only thing is that it does not appear to be scrolling through apps as smoothly. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions to improve this?

LouisDK
2014-06-10, 15:17
Not sure what are considered as patches, but didnt have the patchmanager or any other customisation, well, I had the friends-integration thing though. Dont know, maybe it was that.

What do U think as my options, this only https://together.jolla.com/question/22079/howto-all-pc-users-recover-or-reset-a-device-that-is-stuck-in-boot-loop/ ?

If you followed the recovery guide you linked to and it didn't work, you can contact Jolla for help: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201440967-Repair-Service-for-customers-of-Jolla-com

If the can they'll first try to help you fix it yourself and if that isn't possible they'll provide you with information on how to send your phone in for repair.

Martinhsl68hw
2014-06-10, 16:34
The date on the lock screen is much appreciated.
Also, I can now see my SD card! Woo!

youmeego
2014-06-10, 17:19
The date on the lock screen is much appreciated.
Also, I can now see my SD card! Woo!

Do you mean clock in sleep mode? Like the one on lumia 920

b.cloanta
2014-06-10, 17:27
Do you mean clock in sleep mode? Like the one on lumia 920

In lock screen, not the LPS( low power screen)

titilambert
2014-06-10, 17:30
Hello !
I saw something strange ... I enable 4G... and when I want to call someone, I see the device go in 2G ... and after the call return in 4G ...
Do you see the same thing ?

Thanks !

towhatend
2014-06-10, 17:57
4G don´t work with Tele2 in Sweden for me, tried to restart the phone but that dosen´t change it.

I have a 4G sim card and the settings should be OK.

pycage
2014-06-10, 18:03
4G is data only, and cannot make phone-calls. With 2G OTOH data and phone cannot co-exist at the same time. So it must fall back to 2G completely to make a phone call.

titilambert
2014-06-10, 18:24
4G is data only, and cannot make phone-calls. With 2G OTOH data and phone cannot co-exist at the same time. So it must fall back to 2G completely to make a phone call.

Oki but ! I just can not receive call when I'm on 4g .. I can receive sms but not call ... not cool !
My friends get my voicemail...

TMavica
2014-06-10, 18:28
Oki but ! I just can not receive call when I'm on 4g .. I can receive sms but not call ... not cool !
My friends get my voicemail...

Cannot receive call in 4G mode? what? i can

titilambert
2014-06-10, 19:13
Cannot receive call in 4G mode? what? i can

When I 'm on 4g, it's like I'm offline ...
Before this update, I used radioswitcher. Now it's deleted...

But do you the same thing. When use make a call you device go in 2g ?

Thanks!

edit: I'm on canada with Fido (rogers) which is 4g compatible ...

TMavica
2014-06-10, 19:37
right...it into 2g when make call..

shallimus
2014-06-10, 19:38
I got a bit over-excited when I read this:
[BUG] Media player stops playback when jumping to next or previous song"
...and thought that gapless playback had arrived, but I tested and of course it hasn't. I guess I saw what I wanted to see. Fingers crossed for the future.

Also, I noticed that the Media player seemed to re-index all of my music post-update, so that for perhaps a minute it was totally unusable (and blank) but that resolved itself.

shallimus
2014-06-10, 21:00
right...it into 2g when make call..

Argh! This is quite correct. As previously mentioned, I am in an area where 3G frequency is not compatible with Jolla radio hardware, but 2G and LTE signal is.

I just made a call, which took a while to connect, and this time while I was on the call I looked at the network status icon, and it said '2G'.

So the switch from LTE to 2G when making a call is now automatic, but they still cannot co-exist, and I suppose I cannot receive phone calls still unless the phone is still in 2G. That's why I thought I could receive calls properly earlier. Bah. :mad:

Is this is a problem with the LTE vs. 2G spec, or could something perhaps be done in software? (i.e. be online in 2G as well as LTE) I realise it would probably cause battery drain.

Edit: I submitted this to Jolla: https://together.jolla.com/question/45765/permit-simultaneous-lte-and-2g-connection-for-places-where-3g-frequency-is-not-accessible/.

m4r0v3r
2014-06-10, 22:12
this update broke my terminal,

strongm
2014-06-10, 22:27
Do you have a source ?

Bernd Wachter, who is an engineer at Jolla, in https://together.jolla.com/question/45064/release-notes-software-version-10716-saapunki/ under the name Aard

titilambert
2014-06-10, 22:28
Argh! This is quite correct. As previously mentioned, I am in an area where 3G frequency is not compatible with Jolla radio hardware, but 2G and LTE signal is.

I just made a call, which took a while to connect, and this time while I was on the call I looked at the network status icon, and it said '2G'.

So the switch from LTE to 2G when making a call is now automatic, but they still cannot co-exist, and I suppose I cannot receive phone calls still unless the phone is still in 2G. That's why I thought I could receive calls properly earlier. Bah. :mad:

Is this is a problem with the LTE vs. 2G spec, or could something perhaps be done in software? (i.e. be online in 2G as well as LTE) I realise it would probably cause battery drain.

Edit: I submitted this to Jolla: https://together.jolla.com/question/45765/permit-simultaneous-lte-and-2g-connection-for-places-where-3g-frequency-is-not-accessible/.

Thanks ! to confirm it ! But In the true life, with an other phone like galaxy S5 or other nexus 5 how does it work ?
Cause for now, with the jolla device, I found the usage of 4g not really usefull ...

toki
2014-06-10, 23:05
for me.. my phone picks up 4G (Australia) however it wont connect to the internet.. it keeps saying it has a problem connecting to the internet.

but if I change my settings to use 3G, my internet works fine...

so at the moment im having to still revert to using 3G network...

is this happening with anyone else? anyone know how to fix it?

titilambert
2014-06-11, 01:24
for me.. my phone picks up 4G (Australia) however it wont connect to the internet.. it keeps saying it has a problem connecting to the internet.

Hello ! If you use lte, your apn can be different than the 2g/3g apn. Check your provider settings with lte connection, then go to settings, mobile network, then long press on your internet connection (called by default internet) and edit and change your apn.
Hope this help you !

Dared
2014-06-11, 03:24

Virgin uses a different APN for 4G...I'm using 4G in Sydney, no problems

EyeVisions
2014-06-11, 04:45
Hello all.

Seems that after the update mine Other Half ambience doesn't download the pakket from the store anymore. This happen with al mine other halfs. Before the update i reset the mine foon and did a clean install. On the first 2 firmwares the problem is the same i tried it also. Anyone have the same problem or is it just me? :mad:

Solved: deleting jolla acount and make it again.

Fall back to 2g and back to 4g works great in netherland.

nieldk
2014-06-11, 07:42
Thanks ! to confirm it ! But In the true life, with an other phone like galaxy S5 or other nexus 5 how does it work ?
Cause for now, with the jolla device, I found the usage of 4g not really usefull ...

2G/3G and LTE (4G) cant co-exist in the way that when on 4G it is not possible to use phone for calls.
This is a limitation of the LTE/4G and was also the problem that caused Apple to not release support for LTE in all countries simultaniously. They first wanted to confirm that the networks supported fall-back to 2G/3G from 4G in order to use the phone for calls.
So, this is in no way a Jolla specific issue, or can be considered a bug of the Jolla. Simple as that.
So, if your network provider does not support fall-back in their network, you will have issues.

http://lteworld.org/ltefaq/what-cs-fallback-lte

Leinad
2014-06-11, 08:51
But then: why does it connect to 4G while being successfully connected to WLAN? Is there any sense in that?

Some other glitches i noticed after the update:

Android apps lose GPS fix when in background. This is totally annoying, because tracking is now impossible.

Before the update 2.7G were used, now 7.3G are used... WTF?
I think it's because /home/nemo/android_storage is mounted to /dev/fuse, but i have all android data on the sdcard, which is now mounted back to the device... any workaround for that?

... and a minor annoyance: reboot now must be called as root.

apart from that, 4G is great, especially, because here are many areas, where is no 3G and very low 2G, but full 4G reception :)

Rauha
2014-06-11, 08:55
Hello all.

Seems that after the update mine Other Half ambience doesn't download the pakket from the store anymore. This happen with al mine other halfs. Before the update i reset the mine foon and did a clean install. On the first 2 firmwares the problem is the same i tried it also. Anyone have the same problem or is it just me? :mad:

I had the same problem few months ago after the Paarlampi (1.0.5.19) update.

Only thing that fixed it was that I did a factory reset and then slowly installed all the updates :(

nieldk
2014-06-11, 09:22
But then: why does it connect to 4G while being successfully connected to WLAN? Is there any sense in that?

Well, it can use dual-connection to my knowledge (for data), which is something certain other manufacturers users envey for a long time, until a more recent update of a certain iOS ;)

juiceme
2014-06-11, 09:58

As for Samsung/whatever handling of 4G, it is subject to exactly the same rules as Jolla is:
4G is only for packet data, no CS voice possible. (but PS voice in the future possible, when networks are updated to it) For CS calls to work, 2G/3G fallback has to be implemented in the network, which makes device roam to CS enabled network when a call is incoming. It is up to the network provider to handle these, device itself cannot do much about it.

Jolla is true in showing with the network icon that the device has switched to 3G/2G during the call.
If Samsung shows something different, it is faking it for the user's benefit.

TMavica
2014-06-11, 10:14
As for Samsung/whatever handling of 4G, it is subject to exactly the same rules as Jolla is:
4G is only for packet data, no CS voice possible. (but PS voice in the future possible, when networks are updated to it) For CS calls to work, 2G/3G fallback has to be implemented in the network, which makes device roam to CS enabled network when a call is incoming. It is up to the network provider to handle these, device itself cannot do much about it.

Jolla is true in showing with the network icon that the device has switched to 3G/2G during the call.

VOLTE, can it be use by upgrading the software only?

Leinad
2014-06-11, 10:17
Well, it can use dual-connection to my knowledge (for data), which is something certain other manufacturers users envey for a long time, until a more recent update of a certain iOS ;)

Sounds good :) but it also connects to 4G, when mobile network is disabled. I don't see any sense in that, as you said, 4G is only for mobile network. Do i miss something here or is this a bug / useless behaviour?

Edit: it seems, i'm not the only one wondering about this:
https://together.jolla.com/question/45764/4g-selection-logic-when-mobile-data-disabled/

Dave999
2014-06-11, 10:19

It's not fake. They just showing you how its Done. Sony also change status.

nieldk
2014-06-11, 10:46
It's not fake. They just showing you how its Done. Sony also change status.

Fake, not fake, its all a matter of wording, but, as Juiceme corectly state. Our Jolla is showing the TRUE state. Please read the link that I reffered to in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1429133&postcount=81 for a describtion on how LTE/fallback is working (where it is working (=supported by carriers))

Dave999
2014-06-11, 10:56
Fake, not fake, its all a matter of wording, but, as Juiceme corectly state. Our Jolla is showing the TRUE state. Please read the link that I reffered to in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1429133&postcount=81 for a describtion on how LTE/fallback is working (where it is working (=supported by carriers))

I'm pretty sure Samsung also drops to H icon when calling. So what are you all on about
about? :D

ste-phan
2014-06-11, 11:07
4G? What was wrong with just 3G? I am on a data limit that hardly matched the download capacity of 3G-3.5G, last time I checked.

EDIT: I got it some area's seem to not offer 3G, only 2G and 4G (still bad evolution if you ask me - how to consume your data limit in 30 seconds)

nieldk
2014-06-11, 11:16
4G? What was wrong with just 3G? I am on a data limit that hardly matched the download capacity of 3G-3.5G, last time I checked.

Just set to "3G Preffered" then ;)

pycage
2014-06-11, 12:05
Nothing's wrong with 3G, and it's pretty fast, but operators (at least in Germany) stopped deploying it, once they fulfilled their obligations of coverage by deploying it in the centers of some cities. As a result, 3G coverage is almost non-existant.

juiceme
2014-06-11, 12:36
VOLTE, can it be use by upgrading the software only?

Well, VoLTE is just in pilot phase AFAIK. So not an option for most people :D

aironeous
2014-06-11, 13:02
This explains the voice over LTE options that carriers have.
http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/cellulartelecomms/lte-long-term-evolution/voice-over-lte-volte.php

TemeV
2014-06-11, 19:48

http://www.jollausers.com/2014/06/breaking-sailfish-update-8-will-arrive-in-july/

I stand corrected.

Rauha
2014-06-11, 21:40
http://www.jollausers.com/2014/06/breaking-sailfish-update-8-will-arrive-in-july/

* Display each Android app in its own window in the home screen

HappyHappyHapppy
:)

ste-phan
2014-06-12, 05:19
* Display each Android app in its own window in the home screen

HappyHappyHapppy
:)

Happy indeed. I am curious to see how this will turn out.

Will the droidapps not close all at once when I one top down (closeing gesture in Sailfish First One)?

Do we get rid of the android navigation arrows taking up screen estate?

Will the Android applications disappear form multitask view when they auto close / suspend?

Will the last killed Android application close the door on the way out and free all Dalvik taken resources for use by Sailfish?

Won't we need many more multitask windows above 9?

richardski
2014-06-12, 07:11
Update installed OK and no obvious problems so far. Nice one:)

Richard

toki
2014-06-12, 07:18
Hello ! If you use lte, your apn can be different than the 2g/3g apn. Check your provider settings with lte connection, then go to settings, mobile network, then long press on your internet connection (called by default internet) and edit and change your apn.
Hope this help you !

where do I get the apn from?
I tried looking at the 'edit' thing in my connection... there aren't many options to change things..
or am I meant to call my provider (optus) and suss it out?

also! random question (or not so random)
does 4G consume more battery compared to 3G? (for example, 2G saves you a lot more battery compared to 3G)
so I guess the real question is.. is there any point in trying to get over to 4G?

OH and on another note re update... my phone keeps telling me there is an update for Maps.. but when I go update it, it says its already up to date
and the notification just wont go away *sadface*

nieldk
2014-06-12, 08:15
where do I get the apn from?
I tried looking at the 'edit' thing in my connection... there aren't many options to change things..
or am I meant to call my provider (optus) and suss it out?

Look on optus support pages, or call them and ask for APN settings.

also! random question (or not so random)
does 4G consume more battery compared to 3G? (for example, 2G saves you a lot more battery compared to 3G)
so I guess the real question is.. is there any point in trying to get over to 4G?

Well, 4G does consume more power, but in my experience it is quite OK.
Is there a benefit, not for me, in my case the speed is similar to 3G, but that depends on your operator and the load on their netork.

OH and on another note re update... my phone keeps telling me there is an update for Maps.. but when I go update it, it says its already up to date
and the notification just wont go away *sadface*

I havent had that issue, but I see more reported this, so it may be for some reason. I dont know why - as I havent seen this issue.

m4r0v3r
2014-06-12, 09:19
Happy indeed. I am curious to see how this will turn out.

Will the droidapps not close all at once when I one top down (closeing gesture in Sailfish First One)?

Do we get rid of the android navigation arrows taking up screen estate?

Will the Android applications disappear form multitask view when they auto close / suspend?

Will the last killed Android application close the door on the way out and free all Dalvik taken resources for use by Sailfish?

Won't we need many more multitask windows above 9?

we can get rid of the arrows anyway, its just then we have to use applications with a set back button,

jalyst
2014-06-12, 11:04

I stand corrected.

The correction already came a few pages back, but this adds detail about what (roughly) to expect for 8, so thanks!

eerde
2014-06-12, 20:12
While on 4G and a call is incoming the device goes to 2G, works fine here (The Netherlands).

What I cannot get to work is 2way sync with Google calendar :(
Set to 2way, set to 5 minutes (for testing) on Jolla's /Sailfish, nothing happens :(

Did anyone get it to work ?

anidel
2014-06-12, 21:52
Hi guys,

did a quick search on this thread, but seems no one is having this issue? (looked for 'reboot' in the search).

Anyway since this update my Jolla is rebooting too often (it wasn't before).
I'm on GiffGaff 4G, but I only saw 4G once for a few seconds in the office, then always 3G, not sure this has anything to do with it (BB Z10 was often on 4G on the same SIM.)

I also asked for the update to 1.0.7.18 (the connman hotfix), but I still get random reboots.

Where can I look for logs? usual /var/log folder?
Anything specific I should look for?

Thanks!

TMavica
2014-06-12, 22:35
@anidel

mine so smooth and no reboot
i recommend u do a factory reset and btrfs recovery, then u can feel how smooth it is

nodevel
2014-06-12, 22:36
...Jolla is rebooting too often...

Did you try the usual fix - paper under the battery?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp3UbZHIgAENYO8.jpg:large

I've never head any reboot issues with my Jolla, but this seems to help those people that do.

anidel
2014-06-12, 22:42
Did you try the usual fix - paper under the battery?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp3UbZHIgAENYO8.jpg:large

I've never head any reboot issues with my Jolla, but this seems to help those people that do.

Yeah someone told me to do...will do and report.

Thanks, but before it was fine...

asa
2014-06-13, 11:38
Hi guys,

did a quick search on this thread, but seems no one is having this issue? (looked for 'reboot' in the search).

Anyway since this update my Jolla is rebooting too often (it wasn't before).
I'm on GiffGaff 4G, but I only saw 4G once for a few seconds in the office, then always 3G, not sure this has anything to do with it (BB Z10 was often on 4G on the same SIM.)

I also asked for the update to 1.0.7.18 (the connman hotfix), but I still get random reboots.

Where can I look for logs? usual /var/log folder?
Anything specific I should look for?

Thanks!

Same here! After the last update I am also experiencing random reboots. Yesterday I had two when tried to take photo.

anidel
2014-06-14, 09:59
I put a piece of paper to keep the battery steady and it seems to have stopped the random reboots.

Weird that the update that was supposed to solve it, actually introduce it to me...Computer science is not an exact science.

Dave999
2014-06-14, 10:18
why dont jolla deliver battary paper in the box?

anidel
2014-06-16, 09:24
Anyone experiencing hard battery drains with this update?

I always find either contactsd or Mitakuulu stuck and sucking battery a lot.
Yesterday it didn't finish the day with TWO charges.

Killing the daemons didn't help but for a short while.

Right now contacts was keeping the load at 1.75 and the battery is already at 75%! which is unusual for this time of the day for it.

ste-phan
2014-06-16, 09:47
why dont jolla deliver battary paper in the box?

Because for that purpose you have the box? :D

anidel
2014-06-16, 09:53
I won't destroy the Jolla box EVAR!!! :D

sponka
2014-06-16, 11:59

I always find either contactsd or Mitakuulu stuck and sucking battery a lot.
Yesterday it didn't finish the day with TWO charges.

Killing the daemons didn't help but for a short while.

Right now contacts was keeping the load at 1.75 and the battery is already at 75%! which is unusual for this time of the day for it.

Hi, I did upgrade on day of release and my (usually) not so power hungry device experienced sam problems you describe. I also got misterious map update.

I did complete reset of device and troubles are gone + there was no map update.

I should note that prior rest I choose to create backup on SD card, file "backup.tar" was created, but after restore it was empty, useless.

Morpog
2014-06-16, 12:34
It's not useless, you can copy it to SDCard (inside the app from pulley menu). Or move it to your PC.

It's like on a PC. If you you format c: or repartition it and have your backup there: Then it's your own fault.

jalyst
2014-06-16, 15:15
So, is anyone happy to do a big run-down of all improvements (subtle or otherwise) & all regressions?
Has it surpassed Freemantle/Harmattan overall IYO, or is there still too many limitations/regressions?

sponka
2014-06-16, 17:17
It's not useless, you can copy it to SDCard (inside the app from pulley menu). Or move it to your PC.

It's like on a PC. If you you format c: or repartition it and have your backup there: Then it's your own fault.

Thanks for reminding me to read instructions more carefully ...

So, note to everyone -- pulley menu "copy to memory card" copy *existing* backup(s) to memory card and if no backup exist, it will still create file "Backup.tar", but it won't contain anything usefull.

My mistake, I thought it will create backup directly on SD card ...

Suggestion to Jolla -- if no backup exist make some warning like "No backup exist, create it first" ...

Dave999
2014-06-16, 17:25
So, is anyone happy to do a big run-down of all improvements (subtle or otherwise) & all regressions?
Has it surpassed Freemantle/Harmattan overall IYO, or is there still too many limitations/regressions?

I'm very happy with the improvements so far. At the same time it will probably never be my main phone. Maybe in one or two hw iterations it will be ready to compete. Quality takes time to build.

jalyst
2014-06-16, 17:39
I was kinda hoping for LOTS more detail/specifics than that, but thanks for your "insights".

pycage
2014-06-16, 17:58

Not a big run-down, but here's my experience.

It's my main phone since day 1 (sales start). It was sometimes hard in the beginning with features lacking, poor battery life (remember the infamous NFC bug) and random shutdowns.

Now, 7 months later, the situation is completely different.

Featurewise, I'm happy. 2-way Google calendar sync, a working e-mail client, a fast webbrowser, a good camera, Bluetooth support for connecting the phone to the car, PDF reader, VNC (Android app Jump), a fluid UI, awesome Android support, and a filemanager for managing data in the cloud and on the device (Cargo Dock).
And it all works well and stable. My phone's uptime ranges now from OS update to OS update, i.e. currently about 4 - 6 weeks.

The hardware build quality is pretty good, and cellular reception is the best of any smart phone I ever had (T-Mobile MDA, N900, G1, N950, N9, Jolla).
LTE works like a charm.
Battery life is now also by far the best I ever had on a smart phone.

It's hard to find anything I dislike about it by now, but I'll try...

The TOH makes a noise if I press it in the lower left corner. There's some play between the TOH and the phone. But only one TOH shows this problem.

Sometimes RAM is an issue. 1 GB is not that much if you also want to run some Android apps along with Sailfish apps.

The mail client could more responsive, but I think this has improved with the latest update. The PDF viewer is not the fastest either.

The browser always remembers the last page visited when you open it. I find this annoying because when I open the browser, I definitely don't want to reload the page I visited last.

The music player has no ability to add a complete album to a playlist at once. You have to add track by track, which is very cumbersome.

If the ambience has a sound set for new e-mail, it will chime during the night, too. But fortunately only once for the first new e-mail.

The maps app doesn't have offline maps, and the UI is a bit confusing.

The screen is a tad to big to reach all corners comfortably one-handed. Sometimes (e.g. for swiping down to close an app), it's hard to use it with one-hand.

IMO it has surpassed Fremantle and Harmattan for all of my use-cases.

Dave999
2014-06-16, 18:02
I was kinda hoping for LOTS more detail/specifics than that, but thanks for your "insights".

Sorry. No point really unless we know what main use cases are? Have no clue what is important to you.

abyzthomas
2014-06-16, 19:41
IMO it has surpassed Fremantle and Harmattan for all of my use-cases.

IMHO, I agree with pycage.

Couple important features still missing are voicemail notification and enterprise wifi support. I am sure it will come soon.

The primary reason I needed to replace my N9 was due to its battery drain bug. My N9 battery lasted only half day.

Battery life was good on my Jolla since the beginning, but since 1.0.7.18, my Jolla battery lasts close to 2 full days with heavy usage. Even with over 2 hours or so of Android games. That is pretty impressive.

Manatus
2014-06-16, 20:52
Agree with pycage. Except that the browser still lacks bad compared to Opera or Firefox on android. Font sizes are very small, doubletap zoom doesn't work well here at talk.maemo.org, back button remembers zoom and location very seldom.
Luckily libhybris speed is absolutely fantastic today, and you can't tell difference between middle to high end performance android and Jolla.

Longest uptime I've had was between updates 6 and latest 7. 40 days in total. And no signs of slowing down as so often with android handsets.

From N9 I miss calendar events view, the obvious low power screen, better screen size and screen visibility in direct sunlight. And of course the beauty of the device itself. These cannot be helped but pretty much everything else, and more, are covered already.

szopin
2014-06-16, 21:21
Agree with pycage. Except that the browser still lacks bad compared to Opera or Firefox on android. Font sizes are very small, doubletap zoom doesn't work well here at talk.maemo.org, back button remembers zoom and location very seldom.
Luckily libhybris speed is absolutely fantastic today, and you can't tell difference between middle to high end performance android and Jolla.

Longest uptime I've had was between updates 6 and latest 7. 40 days in total. And no signs of slowing down as so often with android handsets.

From N9 I miss calendar events view, the obvious low power screen, better screen size and screen visibility in direct sunlight. And of course the beauty of the device itself. These cannot be helped but pretty much everything else, and more, are covered already.

I'd add to that btrfs, just used your rebalancing guide again :) Thanks for that, bit like readonly os/defragmenting

Jeffrey04
2014-06-17, 02:54
bought the device not too long before update 7 is deployed, it was kinda buggy with update 5 but it is a lot better now. Still has random connection issues even with the connman hotfix, but overall it is much more usable now compared to the last version.

one thing i really miss is the ability to open web pages in multiple browser processes though S: i know webcat can sort of do it (the long press and select open in new window thing) but it feels like a hack... can we have a browser that behaves somewhat like N9's (or even N900) stock browser (and if possible, the messaging app too?).

yea, that means the current UI needs to have a way to let us access > 9 running apps

and the screen is huge for one hand use, I can't really imagine how ppl comfortably use a device with bigger screen (5"+++++)

P@t
2014-06-17, 08:52
I agree. The device is now in a good shape :)
with room for improvement:
- calendar: I do not receive any reminder for any events. And it is a bit a long process to open the calendar for upcoming events. I would prefer that to appear in the notifications...
The UI is also not the best imo

- browser: it is very fast but as described above, the fact that it opens previous page when you open it is not the best idea. I would much prefer a very fast opening with a blank page
In addition, it is sometimes stuck when on cellular (not sure why).
And there are some conditions where the page is not properly loaded (blur effect) and you need to move the page around to get it properly visible...
I would love to have firefox sync in place as well with native browser :P

- emails: there are again a situation where it is difficult to come back to the main page with a gesture, I sometimes need to go all the way up and use the dot to come back...
Another pain is the fact that when a mail is opened, there is no way to move it to a sub-folder, you need to come back to the main page.

- bluetooth: I have some difficulty to have automatic connection of my headset (Philips M1BT), I usually need to do it manually and sometimes it fails the first time
I have the same problem with connecting my Pebble

- music player: the only complain so far is the lack of option to add an entire album to the playlist...

- connection: as other the connection is sometimes stuck and you keep having (error in connection)... But it is usually ok

So all in all, it is a great (and working) device with nice autonomy, a fluid interface, more and more native apps (with lacks filled with Android apps).
I never had any big issue anyway before (only twice a lipstick restart but nothing major)... :)

toki
2014-06-18, 08:01

yup!!!!
I fully charged my battery at work.. left at 5pm... and by the time I got into bed at 11pm i was down to 30%

and just now, fully charged at 5pm.. and 1hr later down to 85%

also! since the update, my jolla seems to be sucking up my internet data!
its been one week since i got all my data back, and now its all gone...
i understand usually its some sort of app or GPS... but i haven't used my jolla any different.

i can only assume this is due to the new facebook notifications feature.. i had that updating once every hour... but that shouldnt be sucking 1GB of data in 10 days...

so i just recharged my credit.. and am going to monitor it on a daily basis. iv reduced my facebook notifications to twice a day...

beeki
2014-06-19, 13:00
yup!!!!
I fully charged my battery at work.. left at 5pm... and by the time I got into bed at 11pm i was down to 30%

and just now, fully charged at 5pm.. and 1hr later down to 85%

I had some battery-drain and notifications that some synchronization would like to delete too many entries from addressbook.

I had transfered my phonebook from N9 via bluetooth and seems that they were considered cloud-entries. Couple of the entries had 500 duplicates in the backup.

Cleared addressbook and started from scartch with it, seems to be a bit beter now.

https://together.jolla.com/question/47583/people-database-messed-up/

strongm
2014-06-19, 16:41
I had ... notifications that some synchronization would like to delete too many entries from addressbook.

I've been getting this since the update as well

xkkkx
2014-06-20, 10:40
I also agree with pycage, overall I am really happy with this phone:D

shallimus
2014-06-20, 14:03
Since this update I am mostly very happy with my Jolla. I have only two serious problems remaining:

No 3G possible in North America. Radio doesn't cover enough bands. OK, so that's a hardware issue. Not expecting a software solution.
Calendar is still useless for me. This is my biggest problem. Sailfish helpfully offsets all my events by 8 hours, so that a 7pm appointment starts at 11am instead; I don't receive notifications, and I have to dig into the Calendar app with its lousy UI and non-existent configurability to see my agenda.

Otherwise mostly good. Occasional green LED flickering and 30 seconds of blank screen, but maybe that's a low memory condition. Apart from the Calendar, which is still disastrous, I agree with pycage that Sailfish is now well ahead of Harmattan. The browser improvement (not loading the last tab) is significant, too.

yaliang
2014-06-22, 13:54
how can i update by terminal?

nieldk
2014-06-22, 15:10
how can i update by terminal?

ssu re 1.0.7.16
ssu ur
version --dup

yaliang
2014-06-22, 16:24
ssu re 1.0.7.16
ssu ur
version --dup

you were late.i have tried pkcon update and now the jollaphone could not open any native app. also i cant reset the phone.what should i do :(

nieldk
2014-06-22, 16:34
if you enabled developer mode, you can ssh to the phone and issue commands posted.
if you can open terminal, that will also work.

last resort, is recovery mode to set back to factory state - that will wipe all data, pictures etc.

yaliang
2014-06-22, 16:48
if you enabled developer mode, you can ssh to the phone and issue commands posted.
if you can open terminal, that will also work.

last resort, is recovery mode to set back to factory state - that will wipe all data, pictures etc.

i forget whether i enable that.now i dont konw the ip address and username.i heart that recovery need 1.0.3 but mind is 1.0.2

gexc
2014-06-22, 17:32
i forget whether i enable that.now i dont konw the ip address and username.i heart that recovery need 1.0.3 but mind is 1.0.2

You cannot run 'pkcon update' if you haven't enabled develop mode.

The username is 'nemo'.
You may find the ip address from your home wifi router; the hostname of the phone in early versions is 'localhost'.
Another method is to sweep-scan your local wlan using a network scanner (e.g. nmap -sP ) and look for the host whose MAC beginning with 50:56:a8

juiceme
2014-06-22, 18:48
You cannot run 'pkcon update' if you haven't enabled develop mode.

The username is 'nemo'.
You may find the ip address from your home wifi router; the hostname of the phone in early versions is 'localhost'.
Another method is to sweep-scan your local wlan using a network scanner (e.g. nmap -sP ) and look for the host whose MAC beginning with 50:56:a8

Good advice except for one important detail; You'd need t know the password too.
Unless you specifically set it to something you want when enabling developer mode, it will autogenerate a random password for you (if I remember correctly...)

Theres pretty much no way you can ssh to the device unless you know the password...

nieldk
2014-06-22, 19:12
Good advice except for one important detail; You'd need t know the password too.
Unless you specifically set it to something you want when enabling developer mode, it will autogenerate a random password for you (if I remember correctly...)

Theres pretty much no way you can ssh to the device unless you know the password...

True, except recovery - which, unfortunately erases everything...

yaliang
2014-06-23, 02:13
@gexc @juiceme @nieldk

now i get the both ip address and password(i remember).

[nemo@localhost ~]$ ssu re 1.0.7.16
[D] NetworkService::setPath:447 - void NetworkService::setPath(const QString&) "Method "GetProperties" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist
"
Changing release from 1.0.7.16 to 1.0.7.16
Your device is now in release mode!
[nemo@localhost ~]$ ssu ur
[D] NetworkService::setPath:447 - void NetworkService::setPath(const QString&) "Method "GetProperties" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Service" doesn't exist
"
[nemo@localhost ~]$ version --dup
Refreshing cache [=========================]
Waiting in queue [=========================]
Waiting for authentication [=========================]
Waiting in queue [=========================]
Starting [=========================]
Refreshing software list [ ] (0%)

(mins later)
Resolving dependencies [=========================]
Fatal error: nothing provides nemo-qtmultimedia-plugins-gstvideotexturebackend needed by pattern:jolla-hw-adaptation-sbj-0.7.10-10.20.11.jolla.noarch

REBOOT NOW, unless you need to investigate update issues, or know what
you're doing (or both).
All bugs you encounter until reboot are features unless you meet one of the
criteria from the previous sentence.

Refreshing software list is always 0.i think whether jolla server shut down,i met a lot of which.

in addition,i dont care erasesing.but now i cant find how to recovery or reset in terminal.

gexc
2014-06-23, 02:34
unfortunately there exists some network issue which is not jolla's fault, check https://together.jolla.com/question/41895/jolla-repository-partially-blocked-in-mainland-china/

generally you need to set up a proxy or change your internet provider.

yaliang
2014-06-23, 02:42
unfortunately there exists some network issue which is not jolla's fault, check https://together.jolla.com/question/41895/jolla-repository-partially-blocked-in-mainland-china/

generally you need to set up a proxy or change your internet provider.

i forgive this way.how can i reset by terminal?

yaliang
2014-06-23, 02:49
i run "clear-device".now can i run pkcon update in root?

gexc
2014-06-23, 02:50
you can set up a transparent proxy on your pc and share it via wifi.

or grab a sim-card from china unicom with a large data plan

the connection issue will persist even if you have your device reset

Miharin
2014-06-23, 23:10
I haven't really had any luck with google two-way sync. If I create a new or modify an existing (google) contact on Jolla, nothing ever gets sent to the server. It just saves it on the phone.

yaliang
2014-06-24, 14:43
a new question :

Fatal error: nothing provides nemo-qtmultimedia-plugins-gstvideotexturebackend needed by pattern:jolla-hw-adaptation-sbj-0.7.10-10.20.11.jolla.noarch

nieldk
2014-06-24, 15:00
a new question :

A new Question: How is this related to the update ?
A new Question: What are you trying to install ?

A new answer: Wrong thread!

yaliang
2014-06-26, 03:50
A new Question: How is this related to the update ?
A new Question: What are you trying to install ?

A new answer: Wrong thread!

ADD:

after

ssu re 1.0.7.16
ssu ur
version --dup

it show me

gexc
2014-06-26, 17:29
ADD:

after

ssu re 1.0.7.16
ssu ur
version --dup

it show me

It seems that you need to do an upgrade to 1.0.2.5 first, then 1.0.7.16.

Maybe you could seek help in the #jollamobile IRC channel.

nieldk
2014-06-26, 18:00
It seems that you need to do an upgrade to 1.0.2.5 first, then 1.0.7.16.

Maybe you could seek help in the #jollamobile IRC channel.

Be careful friend, this is how I ended up with a total brick!
Device rebooted during the update and now I am stuck in a reboot loop, with no recovery option, and a locked bootloader which will not allow me to reflash from my nand backup!
I repeat, I do not endorse this method

toki
2014-06-27, 00:10
Hey, is there an app that monitors what apps are using my data and how much its using?

ever since the update, my phone is crazy using up all my data!
and its been lagging heaps too (im assuming its lagging because its trying to process something, which is also using up my data)

gexc
2014-06-27, 05:08
Be careful friend, this is how I ended up with a total brick!
Device rebooted during the update and now I am stuck in a reboot loop, with no recovery option, and a locked bootloader which will not allow me to reflash from my nand backup!
I repeat, I do not endorse this method

hmm... so the 'safe' method is to only upgrade with the store-client?
seems @yaliang's device has a broken gui, so another dead loop? :eek:

ps. soeey about your device, hope a solution come out soon

nieldk
2014-06-27, 06:31
Hey, is there an app that monitors what apps are using my data and how much its using?

and its been lagging heaps too (im assuming its lagging because its trying to process something, which is also using up my data)

Well, not to my knowledge.
But, you actually can see something like that, from terminal (enable developer mode)

$ pkcon install powertop
$ devel-su
# powertop

Powertop shows detail of power usage and can also generate HTML reports that can be observed in browser.

juiceme
2014-06-27, 06:47
The problematic thing that should be avoided is the "Factory Reset" as far as I have now understood; If you perform that, then the device will revert to the very original SW version with bootloader that is locked. If, when you have done that you get into reboot loop before you can update to version that has unlockable bootloader you are in trouble.

The way this works is that the original SW is baselined in the BTRFS filesystem of the device, with "Factory Reset" you revert to that first snapshot.

Actually @rainisto gave a possible hack to fix that; it is possible to delete the original baseline and set the current SW as the baseline snapshot: https://together.jolla.com/question/48681/request-how-to-create-jolla-sos-image-as-security-backup-for-flashing/ After that, "FActory Reset" would bring you to the point when you replaced the baseline....
I wonder if it was possible to do this for just the bootloader part? I assume that would be safer than replacing the whole original baseline...

nieldk
2014-06-27, 07:09
The way this works is that the original SW is baselined in the BTRFS filesystem of the device, with "Factory Reset" you revert to that first snapshot.

Actually @rainisto gave a possible hack to fix that; it is possible to delete the original baseline and set the current SW as the baseline snapshot: https://together.jolla.com/question/48681/request-how-to-create-jolla-sos-image-as-security-backup-for-flashing/ After that, "FActory Reset" would bring you to the point when you replaced the baseline....
I wonder if it was possible to do this for just the bootloader part? I assume that would be safer than replacing the whole original baseline...

Yes, But nothing (with the current design) can protect you from what happens due to a sudden reboot in the middle of an update!
Also, it seems that the device is suffering similar issues when it comes to battery draining completely, unfortunately we dont have the option like with N9 to use flasher to recharge battery.
And, we cant still, buy a spare battery from Jolla.
Now, during this weekend, perhaps I wil manage to get the battery charged, and that may change the situation, or, I will wait that external charger to arrive.
From the look of it, it may be that the recovery partition is OK, but the battery is drained too far below acceptable limit.

juiceme
2014-06-27, 07:43
From the look of it, it may be that the recovery partition is OK, but the battery is drained too far below acceptable limit.

I sure hope that is the case!
Unfortunately Jollas are pretty rare in Denmark, I think, else you'd be able to try that by swapping batteries with a friend...
(here a colleague of mine has the nearest Jolla, sitting just in the next cubicle, about 6 meters from me...:D)

gexc
2014-06-27, 08:03
Time for a dummy-battery other half? LOL

Thoke
2014-06-27, 08:39
The problematic thing that should be avoided is the "Factory Reset" as far as I have now understood; If you perform that, then the device will revert to the very original SW version with bootloader that is locked. If, when you have done that you get into reboot loop before you can update to version that has unlockable bootloader you are in trouble.

By the way... I had to take my Jolla to Optima service in May, and when I did "factory reset" last week my phone went to 1.0.3.8... They did something there at Optima... So maybe this solves permanently the problem nieldk is having? Don't know for sure, as I know so little about these things, just my 2 cents.

toki
2014-06-27, 15:05
Well, not to my knowledge.
But, you actually can see something like that, from terminal (enable developer mode)

$ pkcon install powertop
$ devel-su
# powertop

Powertop shows detail of power usage and can also generate HTML reports that can be observed in browser.

thanks! but it doesnt seem to install

when i type in pkcon install powertop" it says:
command failed: this tool could not fund any available package: could not find powertop

am i missing something?

EDIT:
one thing i did notice though.. whenever my phone is connected to the internet it starts lagging like crazy

iv had all data off for the whole day. and phone was fine, battery consumption at a norm. but when i got home and turned on wifi, it started lagging intensively
and im assuming all my data consumption is happening at this time as well...

gexc
2014-06-27, 15:39

command failed: this tool could not fund any available package: could not find powertop

am i missing something?

EDIT:
one thing i did notice though.. whenever my phone is connected to the internet it starts lagging like crazy

iv had all data off for the whole day. and phone was fine, battery consumption at a norm. but when i got home and turned on wifi, it started lagging intensively
and im assuming all my data consumption is happening at this time as well...

If it's lagging, you may try to find the cpu-eating app.:D

rcolistete
2014-06-27, 16:33

am i missing something?

Yes, powertop is in mer-tools repository, see item 5 of the 1st post of "Extra softwares in Sailfish using CLI, repositories, etc" to how to do it (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92036).

gexc
2014-06-27, 17:30

there is nethogs

just packed and uploaded it to openrepos

the funny part is that this CLI application only runs on landscape, complaining the console is too narrow for portrait mode :D

Silwer
2014-06-27, 21:33
My phone laggs and freezes terribly when I have mobile data and wifi on simultaniously and when I happen to be in weak reception areas. Therefore I can not keep wifi and mobile data on at the same time.

MSameer
2014-07-01, 16:48
Here is what I have promised to reveal regarding font size when the update is out:

Font size for sailfish is controlled by 2 dconf keys:

1) /desktop/jolla/theme/font/sizeMultiplier which sets a multiplier for the sailfish font size

Let's assume that the normal size for the fonts s 28 and the size for the heading font is 36

Setting /desktop/jolla/theme/font/sizeMultiplier to 2.0 will lead to the normal font size being 28 * 2 = 56 and teh heading will be 36 * 2 = 72

dconf write /desktop/jolla/theme/font/sizeMultiplier value

value is a float > 0
default is unset (1.0 should be the same).

NOTE: There is no GUI for changing the font size and not all apps will behave properly. However setting the size multiplier to 1.1 or 1.2 should not disrupt the layout.

The 2nd key is a threshold

dconf write /desktop/jolla/theme/font/sizeThreshold 60

This will simply cap the maximum font size to be 60 If we recall the example above then the normal font size will stay 56 but the heading will be 60
The default for that is 0 (no capping)

Please ping me in case of any ambiguity :)

chilango
2014-07-07, 18:39
Only announcing that i have info from Jolla that next Update is planned for next week. :D

Hopefully nothing happend and it will came out on next Monday.

jalyst
2014-07-13, 15:57
http://reviewjolla.blogspot.se/2014/07/sailfish-os-july-update-first-drops-of.html

nieldk
2014-07-13, 17:15
http://reviewjolla.blogspot.se/2014/07/sailfish-os-july-update-first-drops-of.html

like that LPM glancescreen :)
Seems to work well, will see next days how it eats batt etc hehe

strongm
2014-07-14, 17:02
Only announcing that i have info from Jolla that next Update is planned for next week. :D

Hopefully nothing happend and it will came out on next Monday.

Ok, it's now next Monday ... and it's here