maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PR 1.3 bugs (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64366)

cubalibre 2010-10-26 23:41

Re: PR 1.3 bugs

guitar chords crash after a while

lemmyslender 2010-10-26 23:55

I still have the hildon-desktop / custom menu bug is still present.

That's a real shame as it has been fixed for quite some time in community editions of hildon-desktop. Very disappointing.

For the moment, reverted back to MohomadMG's version of hildon-desktop with Matans changes for 9 desktops. Myabe with the extra desktops, it's time to ditch the custom menu.

roney711 2010-10-26 23:55

it seems Mobile Hotspot is not working after Pr1.3

neotalk 2010-10-27 00:05

media player does not play next rack and goes back to first track....nice job nokia...thanks...i have had crashes all day long and many apps are fecked up......nokia should be ashamed of this pathetic update....shame on nokia....but again what do you expect from them lately? they are all liars and full of B.S.

lauksas 2010-10-27 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 851431)
Starting a general thread for all those pesky bugs introduced by PR 1.3.

BUG filed: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11459
Hardware Keyboard (Polish/Poland mapping).

After double pressing FN key (pointing up blue arrow http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/userguides/.img/FN-KEY.jpg) the inputing of blue marked characters mode is turned on. When in this mode a key is pressed for a longer period of time, the white marked character appears.

Before PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the dot would appear, when pressing the comma "," key the comma would appear.

PR 1.3 - when pressing the dot "." key the colon ":" appears, when pressing the comma "," key the semi-colon ";" appears.

This really makes entering numbers and ip addresses a problem.

My friend, perhaps one thing that we Brazilians do will help you, there is a post of an national blog who teach us how to map some national accents , if you use logics you can do the same thing changing the file and lines...
the link : http://maemobrasil.org/outros/mapean...edilha-no-n900

If you click in the flag (top right) of countries you will see on there language.

If you have trouble you can e-mail me.

Hope it helps.

lauksas 2010-10-27 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixx (Post 851778)
Wireless with WPA2 still Bugs.
Why Nokia ignore this issue.

Not a problem for me... works fine with WPA2, try to see the encription level, if it is in 256bits, it can be a problem... an if it is a 'N' router, force it to 20MHz, some times it fixes that kind of leaks.....

lauksas 2010-10-27 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by roney711 (Post 852285)

you ware thanked by me man, I needed that information to update because I use this app too much!, can you update us if the app developer correct this bug?
Thanks!

rnb89 2010-10-27 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigglemeyer (Post 852126)
2 bugs for me:

OTA internet is no longer working (T-mobile $10 dumbphone). I keep getting prompted to upgrade to a different internet package.

For T-mobile issue, go to settings and change the access point to internet2.voicestream.com

Mart5.1 2010-10-27 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauksas (Post 852360)
you ware thanked by me man, I needed that information to update because I use this app too much!, can you update us if the app developer correct this bug?
Thanks!

mobile hotspot working ok here, after upgrade needs ocasional restart.

lauksas 2010-10-27 01:43

restart.[/QUOTE]

so, better now... thanks!

Mart5.1 2010-10-27 01:48

yes after the upgrade the app will occasionally refuse to connect to other devices but restarting mobile hotspot usually solves the problem

mirakels 2010-10-27 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocegas (Post 852212)
What custom hildon-desktop?? Can you post the link please? :D

hildon-desktop is the process managing your 4 dekstops and application menu. Search for hildod-desktop and battery dfrain on this forum to get to the specific topics.

DJRedline 2010-10-27 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRedline (Post 851516)
I'm currently reflashing again as unsure if it is an issue with an app i reinstalled after 1st flash.

Every time i rebooted my phone i would lose my contacts and kept getting the option to import from SIM

Update -
2nd flash and still same issue

Still cannot seem to fix this issue. Its annoying as at the moment there is no point in making any changes to my contacts as everytime i reboot i have to import again and lose any changes made.

Also since the update any contacts i had changed\added have been lost as they were held on the phone and not on the SIM :(

greygoo 2010-10-27 08:12

i see the following in dmesg output after booting the device:
-------------------snip------------------
[ 5.398071] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_restore_ctx
[ 5.398529] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_vfree
[ 5.399230] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_put
[ 5.446807] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_save_ctx
[ 5.447570] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_vunmap
[ 5.448150] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_vmalloc
[ 5.449432] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_get
[ 5.450042] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_kmap
[ 5.450531] isp_mod: Unknown symbol da_to_va
[ 5.451110] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_vmap
[ 5.451446] isp_mod: Unknown symbol iommu_kunmap
[ 5.451843] isp_mod: Unknown symbol videobuf_to_dma
[ 5.587829] isp_mod: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
---------------------snip---------------------

i do not know if this was already present in pr1.2 or what effects it might have, just stumbed across it while looking for sth. else.

Also up to now I have not yet encountered any problem with pr1.3, so maybe it can be neglected. If I see some effect from it I'll file a bug for it.

btw. i did an ota update and had the nokia default kernel installed.

rotoflex 2010-10-27 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by neotalk (Post 852298)
media player does not play next rack and goes back to first track

I used media player all day yesterday on shuffle, with no problems.

Robb 2010-10-27 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauksas (Post 852326)
My friend, perhaps one thing that we Brazilians do will help you, there is a post of an national blog who teach us how to map some national accents , if you use logics you can do the same thing changing the file and lines...
the link : http://maemobrasil.org/outros/mapean...edilha-no-n900

If you click in the flag (top right) of countries you will see on there language.

If you have trouble you can e-mail me.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the link.

Will try to read up about this, but I'm sorry, I don't know enough about the mapping files to fix this on my own.

Look at BUG 11459 to reproduce and understand this problem.

Robb 2010-10-27 10:42

I have now a issue with Telephone app.

There's a orientation (potrait/landscape) problem with telephone app.

1) Startup telephone app.
2) Go to settings and set the orientation to portrait (vertical)
3) Close telephone app
4) Turn telephone app on

The application is now working in landscape mode, when it should be working in portrait mode.

When you now choose a previous call it switches modes to portrait.

When you lock screen and unlock it returns to landscape.

During a call, it also automatically changes to landscape mode.

Can anyone confirm this? (or is it just me?)

lauksas 2010-10-27 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 852952)
Thanks for the link.

Will try to read up about this, but I'm sorry, I don't know enough about the mapping files to fix this on my own.

Look at BUG 11459 to reproduce and understand this problem.

man, I'm working very hard this days, but as soon as I have time I'll do a step by step for you and post it here, or other thread.

oxpo 2010-10-27 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 853143)

3) Close telephone app
4) Turn telephone app on

The application is now working in landscape mode, when it should be working in portrait mode.

Can't confirm that. If I have it set to portrait, the only way I can get it to landscape, is to open the hw-keyboard.

On swedish firmware.

/oxpo

lauksas 2010-10-27 11:06

does anyone used blumaemo (bluetooh remore control) and tested if the PR1.2 bug has fixed? the hardware keyboard did not worked in this PR, the aplication developer claimed that was a bug with the window mananger of PR1.2...

Robb 2010-10-27 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxpo (Post 853198)
Can't confirm that. If I have it set to portrait, the only way I can get it to landscape, is to open the hw-keyboard.

On swedish firmware.

/oxpo

Thanks for checking.

Did a restart and it fixed the problem.
So false alarm.

Hmmm .... killed hildon-desktop earlier, maybe something went wrong.

jd4200 2010-10-27 11:34

For me:

*the media player widget will let you pause a song but no resume.
*no saved connections error

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 853143)

3) Close telephone app
4) Turn telephone app on

Also can't replicate this bug, I'm on global firmware.

SubCore 2010-10-27 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebhana (Post 851601)
look for your national keymap (in my case xkb_symbols "de") and change the line
Code:

key <LEFT>        { [    period,        comma,          comma,          comma          ] };
into
Code:

key <LEFT>  { [    period,        period,        comma,          comma
};

aren't you missing a ] there somwehere?
IMHO that should be
Code:

key <LEFT>  { [    period,        period,        comma,          comma
] };

rogeralcantara 2010-10-27 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by asidana (Post 851499)
even though you have defined internet access points if you open a web page without connection to the Internet a warning comes up and says there are no saved connections while phone picks up your internet access points!

I get this too. Other than that mine seems ok and I didn't have a problem updating OTA.

my Ansel-A app became a bit sluggish though... but I'm not sure if it's because of the update. I'll have to test my apps if I see any that are not compatible.

hgroove 2010-10-27 13:40

Well, after i made a full flashing with the usa image and install all the apps i have before, there is a small list that apps doesn't work (don't open):

- Aptitude
- AutoComp Edit
- FM Radio

I have no kernel modifications (ie. Titan's kernel), USA image.

GPS engage more quickly!!! That's good.

VulcanRidr 2010-10-27 13:42

Admittedly crossposting from my OTA upgrade thread, but wanted to include here to get more eyes on the problem as well as completeness...

The upgrade went well (once I removed the conflicting packages associated with healthcheck), or so I thought. However, after it rebooted, I have no icons, no backgrounds and where the theme parts are are pink. In the upper left is a pink section where the status icons usually are only has the clock...And I also have a constant message saying "Internal error. Application 'Calendar' closed."

I rebooted a few times, then, yes, fell back to my Debian-ism and did an apt-get -f install, rebooted (no change) then did apt-get upgrade. It installed and configured the rest of the list of packages in the pkg manager (mainly dealing with mbarcode).

Anyone know what the pink bars with no icons indicates is missing? Or more to the point, know of a fix? I'm headed out to get the flash file, I don't have a problem with flashing it again, I just didn't want to if it wasn't necessary.

lorul2 2010-10-27 13:47

xploder starts loading then goes back to main screen.

ndi 2010-10-27 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr (Post 853499)
The upgrade went well (once I removed the conflicting packages associated with healthcheck), or so I thought. However, after it rebooted, I have no icons, no backgrounds and where the theme parts are are pink. In the upper left is a pink section where the status icons usually are only has the clock...And I also have a constant message saying "Internal error. Application 'Calendar' closed."

Had a similar experience after I restored rootfs with BackupMenu. Some libraries were updated, assumingly, and some apps break.

If there was an error updating, if you restored some data, it could break. Also, the extras now uses the fremantle-1.3 repo, if you use fapman or similar you might get old builds.

In my case, apt-get install --reinstall fapman didn't fix it, it was broken until I reverted optfs back to a sync version with root.

There isn't enough info to determine exactly what's wring with your OTA, but it's possible, I guess, to break apps if you OTA to 1.3 and the upgrade apps via 1.2 repo (via fapman). HAM auto-gets "extras" repo to 1.3 on upgrade.

Robb 2010-10-27 14:00

NetStory also doesn't startup.

Suurorca 2010-10-27 14:15

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for all the information. Please, do not forget to report your problems also to the threads related to the application in question and/or their respective bug trackers. Not all devs are going read this.

Still, excellent read if in doubt whether to update.

narcoleptic 2010-10-27 14:55

I have a visual glitch when black menu bars are displayed since updating to PR1.3. For example, on any of the desktops, it is fine. Open the 'Settings' app, and all along the top of the screen I have a 'wave' pattern of various colored pixels along the top edge of the screen.

Edit: Installed Black Plastic Theme and the pattern is gone.

Robb 2010-10-27 15:18

Strange ... I've had a few visual glithces also ... but were cleared up with a restart. (two times)

1) Applications button in top left hand corner.
2) Animated Wait icon (circle cirling) in all applications.

isfr21 2010-10-27 15:30

I still have the choppy audio on skype whether on 3g or Wi-Fi, I'm currently on PR1.3 with Titans Kernel and Swappolube, choppiness still persists no matter what frequency I use.

jaanusa 2010-10-27 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by egoshin (Post 852111)
Kill the tracker -

tracker-process -t

Thanks, it helped. Although the right sommand is
Code:

tracker-processes -t
In my case it was related to AOL account, OVI account worked fine.

lore 2010-10-27 21:00

Email Widget Gone

I've lost the desktop email widget.

I tried to put it back but it's not available from the list under desktop menu -> add widget.

That list includes Facebook, Google, Irreco Widget, Multimedia, Ovi by Nokia, GPS positioning, recaller, RSS. No more email widget.

Am I the only one?

lore 2010-10-27 21:23

Re: Email Widget Gone [Solved]

Quote:

Originally Posted by lore (Post 854223)
I've lost the desktop email widget.

I tried to put it back but it's not available from the list under desktop menu -> add widget.

That list includes Facebook, Google, Irreco Widget, Multimedia, Ovi by Nokia, GPS positioning, recaller, RSS. No more email widget.

Am I the only one?

I did a
Code:

apt-get install modest-home-applet
and the package was installed again even if it was already installed to begin with - weird!

After that, the email desktop applet was back on the desktop like magic!

digittante 2010-10-28 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by roney711 (Post 852285)

Mobile Hotspot requires the patched kernel modules (commonly part of Titan's or Leeto's over-clocked kernels). If you had one of those installed, and then you upgraded to PR1.3, you'll have to restore your over-clocked kernel to enjoy Mobile Hot Spot....

digittante 2010-10-28 00:40

I tried the OTA upgrade, which worked. For comfirt/confidence, I then re-flashed the whole device, and restored my settings, apps, etc from a backup. I've also re-installed Titan's OC-kernal37 and Mohammadag's transition.ini effects. Both are working fine.

Overall, PR1.3 has brought my device noticable improvements to screen responsiveness, faster application startup, faster email send/receive (across all 5 IMAP accounts I use), and especially faster camera startup and picture taking. So thanks to the whole team behind this, it's much appreciated.

One bug I'm dealing with now however, is the loss of all Contacts data after reboots. I sync about 800 Contacts with Hotmail via Exchange ActiveSync (much improved generally, save for this issue). I also merged duplicates from half-a-dozen IM accounts like Facebook, Skype, etc, so my total Contacts count is 1000+ entries.

After any reboot, the Contacts app reports only 1 Contact entry: voicemail. Exchange ActiveSync runs fine, but syncs no Contacts. Only if I choose "manual" or "Full Re-Synchronization" do the 800 entries from Hotmail appear. I then have to enable all IM accounts to restore their contact entries. Then I have to re-merge them all.

I've tried deleting the Exchange ActiveSync account, rebooting, and then re-adding it, but the problem remains.

Anyone else experiencing this or able to duplicate it?

Thanks!

kishor 2010-10-28 03:09

did anyone have the problem i am having.... whenever i am watching the video if a call comes, i can hear the ringtone but the screen is still playing the video.... with or without audio dont remember..... so now the screen frozen i mostly miss the call.....gotta fix this real fast....
pr 1.3 update via nsu....
no modification on kernels till now after installing 1.3

gixx 2010-10-28 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomchiverton (Post 851809)
It's not an issue for enough people ? I've never had an issue with WPA2 on my N900, over either 11b or 11g. And I've had two routers from two different manufacturers since I got my N900...

It might be just you.
Did you file a bug with a reproducible test case?

Huuumm Thanks,

At home i'm use Belkin 11b/g/n with WPA2 my n900 worked.
At my friend home#1, he use Linksys(Cissco) 11g/n with WPA2 my N900 Worked.
At my friend home#2, he use D-link 11b/g/n with WPA2 my N900 Worked.

At my Office, use Cisco Aironet 1100 Series 11g with WPA2 my N900 NOT Worked.

At My Office!!?
- All iPhone worked.
- All Android Samsung,Moto worked.
- All Nokia Symbian and Maemo NOT worked. :mad:

I'm boring when iPhone asked me .. "Why Nokia Not Worked?" :(

i'm posted this on Nokia discussion and maemo but ... How i can
!?