View Single Post
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
The top (4) process are pretty much Conky, @ 2-3%, and some others at less than 1%. I guess I'm looking at it from a Windows PC standpoint...and maybe the DROID as well. Even though the processes were listed , they weren't hitting the processor/battery. I was just shocked to see so many, but if the system architecture is "different", so be it.
Yeah.. Android and Windows wrap most things into a single process. Windows varies a little bit.. especially if you script in vbs and call other scripts.. you'll wind up with several wscript processes. But mostly.. it's all one. Android... I am not fully convinced it actually *shows* you every process on the system.. I've used task managers.. it does't feel right...

Duh. I have a rooted Android.. lets see here (pulls out of pocket): Advanced Task manager shows.. 24 processes, and 6 applications running. As root in a shell: ps | wc -l shows 58 processes. Yeah - it's not showing everything .

Linux is a little different. Just as an example.. on a Linux apache server you can have 60 or more processes *just* for apache.. not including everything else (on a higher load server).

So basically.. if Android had Conky and I was running your conky script it would show me as running 58 processes (and that's still probably not the full picture, since androids "ps" doesn't have any options like "ef" or "lax") - but I only see maybe 10 at any given time in the various process monitors that android has.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: