View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Due to the lag of people for publishing news this is not the right place to get some.
The only place is irc chat right now.

The project partialy failed = means a total fail in timeline and total fail in informing / updating the poeple who invested money in this.
So you need to look for informations by yourself which is more time consuming like looking at git, reading irc logs and so on but it is possible.

For some people it is not acceptable and they dont want the device anymore. This is understanable but i feel some of them did not know what a high risk project it is and how optimistic the timeline was.
So these people should stop crying, your invested money is lost. See it as an experience to estimate similar future projects and the risk of investing money.

edit: edited words are italic

It is still an outstanding project because it is an openhardware phone in development and has some intended unique properties (discussed here many times).
It is not dead at the moment and nobody will know if it succeeds and when it will be to call it a succeess or failure. I guess the chances are very low like the money in this project but I really don't know.

The price for the material value... we don't need to discuss.

Many layout design fixes were done in this year, so at the moment there is fresh energy into the project.
From a talented layouter who has a high interest to get this finished because he want the device for his own.

Regarding Joerg he is mentally and physically not in his top form and also not 100% into this project anymore but he is not gone.
About a statement of him? I don't know it seems it is not going to happen here. You should accept this.

So don't put oil into the fire!

This is my own opinion made by observation about the project. So I could also be totally wrong with my estimation.

BTW I also invested money but I don't cry, money is only paper it is better to believe in good people and have friends you can trust and count on.
So create real values with your time on earth and not collecting only paper.

All best...

Last edited by Halftux; 2018-07-24 at 11:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: