Notices

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
I thought SPEEDY's advice re Picasa would see me getting access through Canola2 BUT it don't work for me. I typed the whole url of the rss link into Canola as directed but It does not show in the Photocasts screen and there is just a blank URL box back in the settings area. What am I doing wrong -help?????
After typing the URL you have to press enter t accept the URL. There is no OK soft button, so if you just go back to the main screen, the URL will not have been accepted.

On my N810 I had the same issue the first time - next time I pressed ENTEr on my hard keyboard to accept the url and it worked (for my Flickr RSS URL).

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
When I was trying to add podcasts Canola didn't seem to be accepting paste commands, so I had to switch back and forth between the web app entering the URL manually. Also when I did end up adding the RSS podcast feeds all of them said there was an error during the download. : (

Makes me sad because it looks like a great interface to listen to podcasts through.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ England, UK
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
After typing the URL you have to press enter t accept the URL. There is no OK soft button, so if you just go back to the main screen, the URL will not have been accepted.

On my N810 I had the same issue the first time - next time I pressed ENTEr on my hard keyboard to accept the url and it worked (for my Flickr RSS URL).

Thanks Nilchak for that advice - I got the URL accepted straightaway. Why didn't I think of that instead of just a "soft" route!!! DOH!

When I went to see my Picasa account Canola 2 saw the correct account OK, BUT stated that the feed contained no photos! I went into my albums and made one of them Public (normally my albums are private). Canola 2 then displayed the cover photo of that one album, but none of the images in the album. That one photo was very small (inch square approx) as has been mentioned in othe posts.

I will probably just use web access for now which is fine - I just thought using Canola was a bit more elegant. Thanks again

Regarding the small images from Flickr feeds, I created a a Yahoo Pipe that modifies any RSS feed from Flickr to contain larger photos instead of the thumbnails,
http://pipes.yahoo.com/spaetzel/flickrlarge

I also created another Pipe that creates a larger feed of the latest photos of all of your contacts.
http://pipes.yahoo.com/spaetzel/flickrauto

You just have to give it the URL of the feed that you get from this page:
http://flickr.com/photos/friends

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spaetzel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Twinky: the problem is that Picasa appears to be using a "proprietary" way of sindicate (not a simple, list o pictures) and Flickr is also providing a small version on front (then you click to get the big photo) like only placing the headline on the feed.

We really wanted to nail those perfect, but for that we need a specific flickr browser application, where using an API from flickr you can browser get and in the future even upload stuff. But this will demand time and maybe will be only after our full support for plugins.

We will again review the picasa support.

Br

Marcelo

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
please can anybody list the few good photocast url for canola 2, i am really becoming fan of this thing

thanx

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
I am using Canola beta11 on my n810. Up until now I haven't been able to add another flickr photostream / photocast. Neither adding the rss feed directly (and pressing enter), nor using the above mentioned pipes worked for me. I don't think that the pictures are to large. The 5 presets work perfectly.

What I did most of the time is to copy the address, close the keyboard, paste the address, open the keyboard, and press return. Alternatively I also typed the whole address w/o success.

I would really appreciate if someone could provide me w/ a working link to nail the problem. If you see another way, you are welcome to give me some advise.

Thanks in advance.
icke