Active Topics

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by manchuia View Post
for those that keep harping about a closed platform. Apple is releasing an SDK for touch / iphone development in about a month. As the process goes through Apple for approval (I believe) the ease of use, installation, and upgrade may cost more than the Maemo apps, but probably be a lot more stable and easy for those of us that don't like dropping to command lines to fix our issues.
1. Having an SDK does not open a platform make.

2. If ease of use is the reward for having my nuts in a corporate vice-grip, I'd rather drop to a commandline, thankyerverrimuch.

3. Jobs is an arse.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post

3. Jobs is an arse.
Thats the spirit !

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Jobs is an arse.
I would say that most successful CEOs that are hard line are thought of this way. I think that he is less of an arse, and more of a bottom line driven captain.

I don't like some of the ways apple squeezes money out of people, and I guess that is part of the reason I avoid buying apple products when I can. No ipone, or ipod here. (though, ironically I am considering buying the 'Air') to replace my aging mm20.

-ezra