Active Topics

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Hello. Dutch Vodafone 3G user here and I have been struggling with the Pecan MSN plugin as well. 80 percent of all messages failed to arrive at the other party and vise versa it was the same problem. People could speak to me on MSN but nothing happened on my side.
Now I am on the Haze plugin and this works much, much better.
For some reason the Pecan MSN plugin also made XChat fail if you ran it at the same time. Xchat would stop sending and receiving data from IRC, just like that.
It is said that Pecan is more efficient with the battery compared to Haze, but I am not sure or that is true.
I've not noticed a difference between the battery usage between the two... i keep Pecan on and logged in constantly now its working.

Just to note above when i had the issue with T-Mobile.i tried both http and the pre-set connection settings both failed my issue was directly related to the T-Mobile web and walk internet plan. Once switched to web and walk plus the ports were no longer blocked.

Do Vodaphone do anything similar with the data plan packages regards port blocking a good way to test this is to plug the phone into your pc and use it as a modem if your desktop msn fails to sign in you get a better generated error message informing that ports or firewall are being blocked.

if thats the case its your data plan. If messenger works on your desktop PC/LAPTOP then its the Pecan / Haze client on your device thats the problem.

is there a solution yet?

i'm at t-mobile DE and i need HTTP Method (port 80)

or any workaround?

i noticed the last time pecan was updated is a long time ago...

can we expect something or is the MSN protocoll dead on maemo?

my regards to all devs

hey guys i'm having a problem connecting to pecan as well, but on my wifi connection. before this i can easily be online on Skype and Pecan once i connect to my wifi. about a week ago, i couldn't connect to Pecan all of the sudden. i've tried entering my password over and over again but still couldn't connect. i can still be online in Skype though. what do you guys think may be the problem?