Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Anyone know how to get hyphens in Phone Numbers?

Strange thing is, sometimes Hyphens and parentheses show up later by themselves??

It makes the numbers easier to read for us opthamologically challenged!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Try doing a search, I seem to recall that this question has come up before, and I think the conclusion was that you can't do it on the N900 and you have to do it on another phone/computer and import/sync the contact with hyphens in the number onto the N900, but I could be mistaken.

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Try doing a search, I seem to recall that this question has come up before, and I think the conclusion was that you can't do it on the N900 and you have to do it on another phone/computer and import/sync the contact with hyphens in the number onto the N900, but I could be mistaken.
I had searched before the post but didn't find anything.

Just found another post with a bugtrack that Nokia is being idiots about.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I had searched before the post but didn't find anything.
Yeah, the search isn't particularly good, I came up with this post with my search, I guess that is the same as what you have now found, I'm not sure it is the one I remember, but it could be.

So there isn't an easy way to do this, one work around is exporting the contact as a vcard file, this is just plain text so you can edit it with a text editor then reimport it, but then you end up with duplicate contacts and need to delete the old ones. Another is that the contacts are stored in a sqlite database in /home/user/.osso-abook/db/addressbook.db, so you might be able to load that file into a program to edit it directly.

Yeah, that's the post I found.

Nokia's responce is like back in 1992 and someone saying we don't need DNS, just carry a list of IP addresses in your back pocket.

Never mind the fact that my Palm Phone from back in 2001 or so could do this. All my Symbian phones could do this IIRC