Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Today I went to the store and asked for a new SIM, and I asked them why did my SIM got fried. The answer was simple: Was your phone using the 3G+/4G connection? YES, it's always connected! Well that's why your SIM burned out, you have a standard SIM not a USIM (3G+) card, and it got overloaded and it burned out, and this is because the SIM card you were using was not designed to take that much stress.

So now I bought a Micro USIM 3G+ (for a very good price, with a extra 1GB 3G+ internet traffic) and now I have warranty for it .

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Today I went to the store and asked for a new SIM, and I asked them why did my SIM got fried. The answer was simple: Was your phone using the 3G+/4G connection? YES, it's always connected! Well that's why your SIM burned out, you have a standard SIM not a USIM (3G+) card, and it got overloaded and it burned out, and this is because the SIM card you were using was not designed to take that much stress.

So now I bought a Micro USIM 3G+ (for a very good price, with a extra 1GB 3G+ internet traffic) and now I have warranty for it .
I don't know what sort of ******** they keep telling you and/or you keep telling us. A SIM card is a SIM card, regardless of whether you use GSM or UMTS.

For UMTS you need the UMTS application (USIM), for GSM the GSM application. The card itself is the same, namely a UICC which is what people usually call "SIM card".

Unless you got your SIM card in the early 90s any modern telephone will have no issues with it.

Perhaps the "root-cause" of all your problems is the fact that you (apparently) like blowing stuff up using soldering irons, hair driers and who knows what. If you stop that and learn how things work you might stop having problems.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Perhaps the "root-cause" of all your problems is the fact that you (apparently) like blowing stuff up using soldering irons, hair driers and who knows what. If you stop that and learn how things work you might stop having problems.
Ohh please master reinob, teach me how a SIM card works. And if you are telling me there is no difference between a normal SIM and a USIM you are just too stupid to live on this earth. Get off!

First of all the USIM is THE NEXT VERSION OF THE NORMAL SIM, with a better chip, more resistent, more secure, that can handle the stress of 3G internet browsing or 3G video calls much better than an ordinary sim.

I see you, before leaving this reply over here, didn't make any reasearch. So from now on, before coming here and say stuff like that to me, READ THE F**KING GOOGLE, ASK SOME PROFESSIONALS IN SERVICE, and then come here and say what you have to say. I did that before writing my last reply, did you?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
You can either insult reinob, or learn something...

You seem to believe the guys who are ripping you off so much I'd say you should check yourself for stockholm syndrome....

A SIM is just a bloody chip that holds keys and some memory. SIM/USIM relates to the software that runs on that chip (in VM).

Originally Posted by petur View Post
You can either insult reinob, or learn something...

You seem to believe the guys who are ripping you off so much I'd say you should check yourself for stockholm syndrome....

A SIM is just a bloody chip that holds keys and some memory. SIM/USIM relates to the software that runs on that chip (in VM).
You also didn't read enough before posting this. If it's the same "bloody chip" (man you sounded just like Ron Weasley) how is the physical memory on that chip larger? Also let me quote you this:

In 2G networks, the SIM card and SIM application were bound together, so that "SIM card" could mean the physical card, or any physical card with the SIM application. In 3G networks, it is a mistake to speak of a USIM, CSIM, or SIM card, as all three are applications running on a UICC card.
They both run on the same principal, a SMART-CARD programmed with those applications. The normal "SIM" uses a more older technology chip and the "USIM" or "3G" or whatever uses a newer technology with a better chip, larger memory, etc.

And the explanation given to me is pure reality + your explanation made perfect sense. That "normal sim" that I was using was maybe not so well built, the phone stressing it out with 24/7 3G+ network access burnt it faster than it was supposed to.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
And the explanation given to me is pure reality + your explanation made perfect sense. That "normal sim" that I was using was maybe not so well built, the phone stressing it out with 24/7 3G+ network access burnt it faster than it was supposed to.
OK, my last word on this thread:
If you were using 3G you were already using a 3G-capable SIM, i.e. what you call "USIM".

And read what petur has written above: a SIM card is only used for authentication. It doesn't play any role during data transmission (you don't need a SIM card to use GSM. try calling 112 without a SIM card).

But hey, maybe things are different in your country.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
i only know that the so called 3g sims . (They just have 3g preactivated). Have 128 kb memory . I rather than 64 k or 32 k

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
anyway theox looks cute when hot be hot and make people hot