Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hi,

This is a quick recompile of Daniele Maio & Mauro Foti's SMP plugin for Chinook from Bora. Compiling was a one line change and it seems to work fine on my N800.

Enjoy.

EDIT: I'll see if I can figure out how to add internal mmc to list too.

Attached Files
File Type: deb system-monitor-plugin_1.3_armel.modfied.deb (29.0 KB, 410 views)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-04-24 at 16:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
1.2 never worked on my N810. Will this new recompile work on it? Thanks for the update!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by morrison View Post
1.2 never worked on my N810. Will this new recompile work on it? Thanks for the update!
This is 1.3 and if it works on my N800 with OS2008, it should be fine on a N810

The only thing I need to figure out is how to add a new mmc thing to the list. It is only showing my external card.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Awesome, this trumps Khertan's homexxx applets that I'm using now!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Can it run commands?

No. I don't think it's meant for that. osso-statusbar is the only applet I've seen that can do that.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Installed fine and works great. Thanks!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Sys Stat shows CPU usage consistently above 40%, sometimes much higher, even with all apps (including the browser) closed down. All the CPU usage is attributed to maemo-launcher. Is this normal?

That other status-bar CPU meter (name? the one that includes screenshot utility) doesn't even include maemo-launcher.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Sys Stat shows CPU usage consistently above 40%, sometimes much higher, even with all apps (including the browser) closed down. All the CPU usage is attributed to maemo-launcher. Is this normal?

That other status-bar CPU meter (name? the one that includes screenshot utility) doesn't even include maemo-launcher.
The CPU usage might be compromised by DVFS: the system is ideally always either in clock stop or close to using all the horsepower provided by the operating point currently selected. The view should be extended to show the current cpu frequency.

The Following User Says Thank You to igor For This Useful Post:
I'd like two gauges, one for clock frequency, and one for % cycles used. I'd happily give up both disk gauges, and the proposed internal one as well, for that, but some people obviously use those, so it's getting a bit crammed.

It might be more helpful to show %cycles * frequency; thus giving a single measurement from 0 (at idle, though I'm not sure how that would actually work out) to 400 (full load at 400 MHz) of actual CPU usage.