Notices

I use Quicknote a lot for short, quick notes and in my opinion it's by far the best tool available for that on my N810.

One question though - how do I add/delete categories?
I can select a note and click on move to category. I get a pop-up where I can select a category but every time I get to this point that box just sits on the screen and doesnt respond to Ok or Cancel and I have to kill Python to even close down Quicknote.

Apart from that Quicknote is one of my favorite apps ( http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/quicknote/ ).

Request:
I don't know if the developer is active here, but if..would it be possible to add a date-time stamp for the note you are looking at? Maybe to the right of the word 'Note' ontop of the screen.

Thanks for a super app.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Wow, I didn't know anyone else really used Quicknote. Maybe I should go ahead and look at porting it to the n900.

After providing some patches the original developers gave me free reign at making releases.

I don't remember how the deleting of categories working, I'll have to look into it but unfortunately I'll be busy for the next couple days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Wow, I didn't know anyone else really used Quicknote. Maybe I should go ahead and look at porting it to the n900.

After providing some patches the original developers gave me free reign at making releases.

I don't remember how the deleting of categories working, I'll have to look into it but unfortunately I'll be busy for the next couple days.
You kidding? I love this app - best note taking app on the tablet.

No problem, I know you got a lot on your DC-plate as well

Appreciate all your work by the way. Thanks.

(Any other Quicknote users out there? Say Hi)

The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
I am a Palm User. I had many models until the Palm TX. But now I abandoned my PALM, bought a N810. I need programs that have the philosophy of a PALM such notes into text. I write all points of meetings, during a visit to local customers (such as in warehouses), etc.. My Palm TX is a large database of information. I am a consultant and record meeting informations and "how to's" is important. Being able to do search notes and some private information, requiring a password (that lack the QuickNote). Continue to develop. There are many people who are using. I can not get out of sync with the desktop (installed on my ubuntu 9.04). How to do it?

Originally Posted by apostolojr View Post
I am a Palm User. I had many models until the Palm TX. But now I abandoned my PALM, bought a N810. I need programs that have the philosophy of a PALM such notes into text. I write all points of meetings, during a visit to local customers (such as in warehouses), etc.. My Palm TX is a large database of information. I am a consultant and record meeting informations and "how to's" is important. Being able to do search notes and some private information, requiring a password (that lack the QuickNote). Continue to develop. There are many people who are using. I can not get out of sync with the desktop (installed on my ubuntu 9.04). How to do it?
I've never actually used sync. If you could file a bug on that and an enhancement request for password protection, I can look into these.

https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=quicknote

I am also using it. But I can not figure out how defining categories work.
Please advice.

Originally Posted by Pejman View Post
I am also using it. But I can not figure out how defining categories work.
Please advice.
What do you mean by defining categories? creating new categories? If so then
  1. UI is zoomed out (Ctrl+o)
  2. Select the category combo entry
  3. start typing (it is a bit fiddly on how this works, file bugs on anything you find)
  4. Create a new note

https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=quicknote

Thanks. That worked.
The problem was Zoom level, which moved the category field outside viewing area.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I got a SSU update for quicknote on my N800 recently, and since then there has been no Search field and no way to search.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by epage View Post

A port to the N900 certainly would expand the potential user group. I don't own a maemo device but I'm considering getting the N900. The question I have that needs answering before I decide is will the software be there to do what I need? I looked Quicknote up, but the info on the website was rather scarce. I understand it's a note taking app, and it supports categories. That's great! Does it also enable sorting by date of entry? Any other way to sort entries than by category?

I'd appreciate any information.

Thank you.