Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by jprobichaud View Post
ok, ok, suggesting a command that kills a device isn't the nicest thing (although the original version actually doesn't work) but I can't be 100% with you on that one. If someone can't read one post above, then that's more than sad. The same question was answered mutiple times in a single page, how much more delicate attention do you want?
Well, I've stated how I feel the ideal solution works before - you don't sugar-coat the fact that you think a normally intelligent human should be able to read/search for the relevant info, then help.

That said, I didn't say it's okay in my eyes to be so intentionally ignorant/inattentive as to not read a thread, or at least try to skim for relevant info (sometimes threads are massive). But if the demographic you're trying to change is defined by the fact that collectively they ask the same question repeatedly in the same thread, then that demographic isn't exactly likely to learn from an incident obscurely tucked away in the middle of one thread.

I'm not supporting the behavior of those who don't bother to at least read a couple of pages of the thread; I am just pointing out that the flaws in the way it was dealt with in this case.

Originally Posted by jprobichaud
Maybe we all should rant on this is a separate thread?
Prob'ly. I've been thinking of making a thread about this event, actually, quoting the vi_ posts and then the guy saying "it hanged" (or whatever it was exactly), explaining what happened, and calling the entire thing "Moral for Newbs". Maybe it'd become a thing to link people who ask the same question that's already been answered to it sometime down the line.

- Edit -
You can get Google search of this site through this forum btw: Just use Power Search. It's in the top of the menu on the right above the recent posts list.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-05-05 at 03:42. Reason: Comment on Google Search

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
just asking,

does this have any effect on the IM accounts cause recently after the update, the IM accounts just doesn't seem to connect properly... or this has nothing to do with it?

thanks
Can you describe in depth how the accounts are connecting 'improperly'? Meaning, did they connect but you're not seeing people online who you know are, you aren't visible to others online, you can't send and/or receive messages, etc?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
It's not reproduced all the time but it keeps saying Network error or account in use even when I've not logged in anywhere else... and it just keeps trying to reconnect after dcing for the first time and never gets connected.

It manages to connect for about 5 mins but soon disconnected saying "unable to connect to one/more accounts" and then tries to reconnect but takes forever and never does
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
And our winner of the "gratuitous use of cat*" award for today is...
*Also, echo. And output substitution.
Or was this meant as an entry to the obfuscated code competition?

Anyway, congrats on the Russian roulette script, had me lmao for a good 5 minutes.

For the critics regarding "it's different people each time" -- no, it's a bunch of people all doing it this time, and you can bet they all did it last time they saw a long thread about non-production software, and chances are quite good they'll all do it next time.

Not that I really think getting them to wipe their filesystems will change that, though.
My crumby scripting skills aside, what is a better/safer way of retreiving the temperature value and formatting it for use in a script/DCEW?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I want ask the battery widget.so, i need download self and overwrite the original one after install power47??

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
My crumby scripting skills aside, what is a better/safer way of retreiving the temperature value and formatting it for use in a script/DCEW?
I don't know about better but the echo and command substitution are redundant (try removing them). To save on the cat you can use input redirection, try:
Code:
awk '{ print $1/10}' </sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
I don't know about better but the echo and command substitution are redundant (try removing them). To save on the cat you can use input redirection, try:
Code:
awk '{ print $1/10}' </sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp
That is so freakin' obvious I feel a deep sense of shame.

/me shuffles away to re-write his scripts.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
thx for temperature script
Attached Images

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
What about usb host problem? I made a post yesterday but it has been lost because of your spats.

edit: My mistake with host mode, I finally solved it.

Last edited by anapospastos; 2011-05-05 at 13:42.

i was update kernel to 47, i have some problem if i boot to Nitdroid dan restart, kernel 47 and omap disappear, so i must flasing kernel again to omap dan reinstall kernel power47.

is that a bugs on power47?

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou