Active Topics

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
edit 3:
now we need a 800x480 or 854x480 pixel screenshot from a N900...

edit 4:
let's take this one:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
yes, I used one of your shots.
have you compared the screen resolution with a 800x480 screen resolution already? see my edited post..
I tried to.. I took another screenshot where the edges of the display are visible relying on the fact that the right side of the screen is equal to the left. Here he/she makes a swipe-gesture transition to the photos, see attatchment below.

The width of the pic is now 485 pixels if i'm correct. Though I could not make a good comparisson, wich could be due to the video quality when pausing (frames) or that I shrinked the image one time with poor software (paintlol) to make it 485 wide, sorry for my bad shopping skills :P if anyone could/wanna do a better job at that, don't hesitate to do so.

This screen could very well indeed be 800x480, judging from comparing. Although my hopes are still up for qHD of some sort
Attached Images

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
let's guess screen size, base on the thumb it must be 4.1" :P

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
You can't really work out the size of a screen by looking at the size of a thumb. See for example http://boingboing.net/2007/06/21/app...bighanded.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
You can't really work out the size of a screen by looking at the size of a thumb. See for example http://boingboing.net/2007/06/21/app...bighanded.html
so it could be a fat girl's hand ? so the size would be 3.5" then

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Could be the hand of the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
[OFFTOPIC] Holy cow! now I understand the antennagate hassle, both these Apple hired 'hand models' are holding the Idevice in the freaking 'Deathgrip'! And Hagrid has shaved his hands pretty nicely there. [/OFFTOPIC]

But You are right, I was not meaning on comparing the actual screen size by looking at thumbs. The screen will probably be about 4 inch, the overall hardware form factor will probably be close to the E7.

I was hoping to find a clue in the screen resolution. Although you can't compare 3.5 inch to 4 inch directly, whilse viewing the screenshots from both devices on a PC for example you will probably see a difference if there is one. This does not really apply for the comparisson I did, because the N9/50 pic is by no means a screenshot, merely an attempt to make it look like one for obvious porposes.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
It has been confirmed by me that it's running blackberry os
then i think u r a perfect noob....hehehehe

Has anyone come across a possible release date? Didn't someone at Nokia (maybe Elop) state that they want to improve the time taken to get the phone to market once unveiled.

I saw that the FCC only had a 45day gagging order according to one site which indicates an imminent release.

Maemo developers conference next week, phone released to market possible within a month after. So the date floating around of 24th June doesn't seem too far of being possible.

I am almost sold on this phone, however, I have just read that Sygic has stopped work on a version for Meego. Now, unless a full QT version of Ovi maps has been ported over, there are no other navigation offerings.

With no chance we'll get Dalvik released to us, is this really enough to stop people moving to Android?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
I've got this feeling that they aint gona sell this device, only give them to devs and we normal/power users have settle to "lankku" w/o kb, but what i know. have to wait and see, only these rumors are making me crazy and cant wait to get new device.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Jaekaelae View Post
I've got this feeling that they aint gona sell this device, only give them to devs and we normal/power users have settle to "lankku" w/o kb, but what i know. have to wait and see, only these rumors are making me crazy and cant wait to get new device.
If they still plan to produce two devices (and it might have been the plan all along, or they were so far advanced it makes sense to).

Certainly I'm more ambivalent about physical keyboards: the screen is so small that for any extended text entry (e.g. SSH, note taking or, gasp, programming) that a virtual keyboard would really inhibit the usefulness of the device for those core use cases of mine.

However, on the flip side, the build quality and ruggedness of an N8 feels higher compared with an E7.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland