Notices

I installed 3.6 and now it works just fine. I am in USA

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
it looks like pyradio 3.6 for fremantle/n900 got promoted; does it still need to get bumped to extras from extras-devel?

Edit: On second thought, maybe it needs one more vote to go from testing to extras for fremantle?

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...l/pyradio/3.6/

Someone please give 3.6 one more vote for fremantle?

Last edited by slvr32; 2011-05-13 at 18:01.

OK, sorry for the delay guys. It's promoted and should show in Extras here soon.

Thanks everyone for the help.

@kiatoa: It's strange it won't work with 'shared' accounts... if I could get some output from the terminal on what it says when you have the shared accounts on there it would be appreciated.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Has anyone else experienced problems with pyradio just stopping its playing after ~2 minutes? The terminal doesn't display any errors, and it keeps counting down, but no audio comes out. If I restart, it will play again for a minute or two, but then stop again.

A bit of followup: sometimes when this happens, if I press "Next" I get the following error on the console (abbreviated because I'm typing it on a keyboard, not pasting it from my N800):

pyRadio/pyRadio.py: 142 in doPlayPause
pyRadio/radioplayer.py: 76 in StopPlayback
libpiano/AbstractBackend.py: 407 in pause
libpiano/OSSOBackend.py: 167 in _stop
site-packages/dbus/proxies.py: 140 in __call__
site-packages/dbus/connection.py: 607 in call_blocking
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Serviceunknown: The name :1.350 was not provided by any .service files

Hrm.. I don't have that issue on my N900 (haven't used my N810 in a long time).. but that error looks more related to the audio backend than anything else. Have you installed anything recently that might've messed with OSSO?? Or dbus?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

I did install Diablo Turbo recently. That may have modified the files: they did update the version of libdbus and dbus utils. Hmmm...

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
I am having lots of problems with pyradio recently.

I just finished reformating my n900 to get 6Gb of /home space, then I restored my last backup, and after that I can't use pyRadio anymore

for some reason I get a Username/password loop, running on xterm will say invalid username/password too. Ive reinstalled it a couple of times, ive deleted and reinstalled python/pyqt4. the only thing left to think of is changing the config file and save my username/password so it tries to authenticate at startup instead of asking me for them.

any ideas

(i have tried more than one working account, and I can get online in microb, but not in pyradio)

Please help, I love this app

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
Ive been trying to find the file where the account is saved for pyradio and cant seem to find it, its not in /opt/pyradio/ right?

Update: I created a new account, it didnt work the first 2 tries (same error). but made sure the capitals with correct, and i used the virtual keyboard instead of the actual keyboard to make sure the password was not capitalizing the first letter and it worked, after I was able to log in with the new account, I went into settings and changed the username, password was same for both and it worked too.

conclusions: 1) maybe the virtual keyboard corrected a unintentional capitalization of first letter in password
2) maybe by creating a new account and running it, somehow fixed the error with the original account.

anyhow its working again so i am very happy!

Last edited by Dr.Marcial; 2011-05-25 at 20:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Marcial For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I did this....

[1|root@Nokia-N800-43-7|~]apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common=4.7.4-maemo0 python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '4.7.4-maemo0' for 'python2.5-qt4-common' was not found

after receiving this error...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 6, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtGui,QtCore
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the PyQt4.QtGui module requires API v7.0

Pyradio seemed to install just fine so I'm at a loss on this.

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio