Poll: Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.
Poll Options
Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Dude, you started by saying MeeGo wasn't open, I answered. I even pointed this fact out in my own post.

You can't expect your baseless claims to be unanswered
What you do not realise is i have made good use of your posts to prove some points here.

Now please allow topic discussion to take place and get back on topic thankyou.

The count now stands at 559 for and 22 against and i would say up to now that is overwhelming odds for Maemo to be further developed.

Thankyou to the Community and please keep the votes coming in.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-06-02 at 07:53.

What a tool.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
What you do not realise is i have made good use of your posts to prove some points here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
So, this is my last post in this thread as it has turned ridicolous by now.

I'll just summarize what has happened so far:
* abill_uk has hinted people to break the law and their contracts to publish code (which was the straw for me).
* Several arguments for why this cannot work has been made.
* There is no way that the full source code of Maemo5 can be published. Especially because of 3rd party IPR - think Flash, Skype, SGX drivers, etc. This makes the petition useless and it will not help anything.
* There has been (also in the past) statements that applications are not going to be open sourced.

momcilo, if you have specific questions about components and licensing, I'd like to take that in another thread. But please do your homework on how open source licensing works as I think you have misconceptions.

freemangordon, I'd like to help you with your fbdev problem, so feel free to poke me on #meego-arm IRC.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
So, this is my last post in this thread as it has turned ridicolous by now.

I'll just summarize what has happened so far:
* abill_uk has hinted people to break the law and their contracts to publish code (which was the straw for me).
* Several arguments for why this cannot work has been made.
* There is no way that the full source code of Maemo5 can be published. Especially because of 3rd party IPR - think Flash, Skype, SGX drivers, etc. This makes the petition useless and it will not help anything.
* There has been (also in the past) statements that applications are not going to be open sourced.

momcilo, if you have specific questions about components and licensing, I'd like to take that in another thread. But please do your homework on how open source licensing works as I think you have misconceptions.

freemangordon, I'd like to help you with your fbdev problem, so feel free to poke me on #meego-arm IRC.
Thankyou for that and please do something for yourself and open up your own MeeGo thread for disussion as i feel it will help you much more than this thread will.

Also please keep up the work on MeeGo adaption for the N900 and i promise you that if it even gets to the point it is a fully programmable os taking over the Maemo os you will have my 100% backing !.
Right now it is not a lot at all and from a developers eyes looking in a little dissapointing so i want you to prove me wrong and get MeeGo up and running as fast as you can, i wish you all the luck in gaining dev's for your project but right now as it stands there is nothing to even touch the Maemo os for the N900.

Maemo stands firm in this community as it is after all Maemo.org and the reason for this Poll.

There's no way but the official route. Are you asking me to breach my contract and do criminal activities, opening myself to civil suit for damages and criminal prosecution?

Are you stupid?
haha do you even have to ask - you put up the petition after all

I am surprised you are still arguing with this "software engineer" who has been through it all.

While I do not advocate a ban, I do advocate taking his "peak of stupid" posts and stickying it on top of this forum.

Provides a bit of levity to a generally down atmosphere.

Last edited by Frappacino; 2011-06-02 at 08:11.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post

I am surprised you are still arguing with this "software engineer" who has been through it all.
The "official route" should have been Maemo JOINING with MeeGo and not a conflict situation that is going on now.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland

Yes he's so used to coding that he can't use English properly, some would even say he has reverted to childlike levels of grammar and spelling. Not to imply that he is, in fact, not a software engineer but just a kid.

Originally Posted by abill_uk
The "official route" should have been Maemo JOINING with MeeGo and not a conflict situation that is going on now.
That's impossible, how hard is that to understand? There is no conflict. We have a dead OS and we have a new OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to ScottishDuck For This Useful Post:
I would give him the benefit of the doubt as english is a second language to most ppl - and plenty of non english speakers can code just fine

His chain of logic is just.... well... i am speechless. I think I will have to go to urban dictionary to find some new adjectives.

Seriously - he claims to have been through IP battles in court over reverse engineering issues. With his logic I think he got bulldozed by a lawyer in open court.

Sorry, asking someone else to break the law on an open forum for his sake when he is constantly putting down that person....

hahahhahahha

Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
Yes he's so used to coding that he can't use English properly, some would even say he has reverted to childlike levels of grammar and spelling. Not to imply that he is, in fact, not a software engineer but just a kid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
I would give him the benefit of the doubt as english is a second language to most ppl - and plenty of non english speakers can code just fine

His chain of logic is just.... well... i am speechless. I think I will have to go to urban dictionary to find some new adjectives.

Seriously - he claims to have been through IP battles in court over reverse engineering issues. With his logic I think he got bulldozed by a lawyer in open court.

Sorry, asking someone else to break the law on an open forum for his sake when he is constantly putting down that person....

hahahhahahha
You are not on topic and instead attacking joining in with support from scottich duck.

Can i please remind you to stay on topic and stop the attacks.

Closed Thread

Tags
current, daddys ketchup, flog dead horse, give him, just shoot me, must not say no, no argue ok, play nice, situation, yes or highway