Active Topics

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
It does work with the stock kernel, at least theoretically.

Edit /etc/pmconfig and change the values in the two lines starting with "sr_vdd1_autocomp" and "sr_vdd2_autocomp".

OR, for the one-time test:
# echo “1″ >/sys/power/sr_vdd2_autocomp
# echo “1″ >/sys/power/sr_vdd1_autocomp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
oops, vi_, you beat me

Originally Posted by Erazor View Post
okayyyyy

reboot @ 805MHz
played over the night music (with wallcharger)
and now 7.5h after i unpluged it, there is a reboot

seems that anything goes wrong with a process

for me it says that i set mine to my default clock
hey thats what i was talking about although your settings work fine and i have set min to 500. it is fast but not as fast as 805 but i havent noticed any significant improvement in battery life. i actually have this problem and my battery is acting all weird. i think its with the bq27x00_battery thing. my widget shows a greater percentage than in status bar like widget on homescreen shows 50 percent and status bar shows 12 percent. i have noticed that on 0.4 percent left battery i can play music for 2 hours and take some fcam pics. i dont know why is this but sometihng has gone wrong in my phone after the overclocking because before it on 0.4 percent, i could play max 4 songs. i think its not showing the right batt percentage

edit: solved the problem but still dont notice any saving in battery

Last edited by yasirrfc; 2011-05-18 at 23:16.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Posting to report: I've enabled SR for a few weeks now with no noticeable problems. I have my doubts it actually does anything in PR1.3, given that PR1.2 change, but there you go. In any case any power saving is not so amazing as to be obvious.

Currently using power kernel 47 with min=250:29,180, max=750:45,430

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hey thats what i was talking about although your settings work fine and i have set min to 500. it is fast but not as fast as 805 but i havent noticed any significant improvement in battery life. i actually have this problem and my battery is acting all weird. i think its with the bq27x00_battery thing. my widget shows a greater percentage than in status bar like widget on homescreen shows 50 percent and status bar shows 12 percent. i have noticed that on 0.4 percent left battery i can play music for 2 hours and take some fcam pics. i dont know why is this but sometihng has gone wrong in my phone after the overclocking because before it on 0.4 percent, i could play max 4 songs. i think its not showing the right batt percentage

edit: solved the problem but still dont notice any saving in battery

it seems that p-k47 and da bq battery module have a big problem with each other.

got a high battery drain

im on the tests to see what it is exactly

but im under heavy load in the RL so i can't test it 24hrs

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Ive pushed my CPU to 850mhz with SR

MINFREQ=850
MAXFREQ=850
FREQS="0:25,90 850:48,430"
SMARTREFLEX_VDD1=1
SMARTREFLEX_VDD2=1
GOVERNOR=ondemand
IGNORE_NICE_LOAD=1
UP_THRESHOLD=90
SAMPLING_RATE=150000
POWERSAVE_BIAS=0

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
Ive pushed my CPU to 850mhz with SR
And that's working stable? You sure have a heck of a cpu on your n900 if it runs at 850 with such a low voltage and SR enabled.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
yeh just tried it for a while, seems stable

installed an app, browsed the net and played a web os game

no probsso far

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
yeh just tried it for a while, seems stable

installed an app, browsed the net and played a web os game

no probsso far
You are the lucky one. I tested two N900 and both of them can't go above 750 MHz.

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
You are the lucky one. I tested two N900 and both of them can't go above 750 MHz.
Mine seems stuck at 750 too. I can do a lot of things at 805 MHz too but after several hours it reboots and it seems that it also doesn't matter how much I raise the voltage.

On the other hand though I don't seem to save a lot of battery with smartreflex enabled.