Active Topics

Notices

im having this problem and y cant get past it, when trying to load the drivers i get the following error:
Error while loading kernel modules
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
Error while starting wlan0 interface
Drivers were not loaded
im on kernel power 46, and ive redownloaded the drivers with the applet just to be sure the drivers are not the problem, any idea? the stock drivers are working ok
thanks for this app, its really a great idea, ive stopped ussing this drivers some time ago due to the power consumption problem but if i get this to work it would be the perfect solution!

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vaporeso View Post
im having this problem and y cant get past it, when trying to load the drivers i get the following error:
Error while loading kernel modules
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
Error while starting wlan0 interface
Drivers were not loaded
im on kernel power 46, and ive redownloaded the drivers with the applet just to be sure the drivers are not the problem, any idea? the stock drivers are working ok
thanks for this app, its really a great idea, ive stopped ussing this drivers some time ago due to the power consumption problem but if i get this to work it would be the perfect solution!
Are you using the original kernel-power v46 or the lxp's modified one? It will only work with the lxp's modified v46 and the newest v47.
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi all,

Few pages back there was several people having problem connecting again to the network after unloading the drivers. Haven't read the complete thread and it might be the case that it has been corrected/found.

In the case it hasn't, the problem comes from the way the mac address is stored when in monitor mode.
i.e. 0C-2B-34-... instead of OC:2B:34...
therefore the unload.sh script fails to read the mac and put it back later.

The solution is easy.

In the unload.sh script, the line:
Code:
MACADDR="`ifconfig wlan0 | sed -n 's/.*HWaddr \([0-9A-Fa-f:]\+\).*/\1/p'`"
needs to replaced with:
Code:
MACADDR="`ifconfig wlan0 | grep wlan0 | awk -F"addr " '{print $2}' | awk -F"-" 'BEGIN {OFS = ":"}; {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6}'| awk -F" " '{print $1}'`"
Hope it is useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I think that I got the mac issue fixed a week ago. At least no-one hasn't complained about it and my mac isn't changing.

The project is currently on hold, because my n900's usb port got broken Thursday I'm going to return it tomorrow.
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

Its now on Nokia Care. They said that it will take 2 weeks and if they can't fix it, they will give a N8 So I'll have to sell it and buy a N900, if don't manage to get the N950 before it :/

:/ Definitelly not a good news, sorry for You laasonen.I really feel sorry for You, and i hope they'll be able to fix it.

Anyway, one guy in other thread said, that Nokia Care wasn't able to fix his N900, so they've given him refund - 500£. Be sure to check if You may have choose - usually it's better to get direct refund.

Also, if you encounter problems finding N900 in good c condition ondition for good price, I'll be glad to help You. Here in Poland You can buy one really cheap - I've bought mine in perfect condition (screen protector applied from 1st day, never overclocked or even kernel flashed - first owner wasn't geek at all), for 150$-180$. Of course i "hunted" for it, but normally You can buy one for 200$-220$ without problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
:/ Definitelly not a good news, sorry for You laasonen.I really feel sorry for You, and i hope they'll be able to fix it.

Anyway, one guy in other thread said, that Nokia Care wasn't able to fix his N900, so they've given him refund - 500£. Be sure to check if You may have choose - usually it's better to get direct refund.

Also, if you encounter problems finding N900 in good c condition ondition for good price, I'll be glad to help You. Here in Poland You can buy one really cheap - I've bought mine in perfect condition (screen protector applied from 1st day, never overclocked or even kernel flashed - first owner wasn't geek at all), for 150$-180$. Of course i "hunted" for it, but normally You can buy one for 200$-220$ without problems.
500€ back sounds sweet. I'll have to ask, if I can get a refund, if they can't fix it.

I have seen n900s sold for less than 100€ in here Finland I'm tempted to buy another one while waiting for the old one, but I think I'll wait and see how it goes.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rome-Italy
error while loading kernel modules ifconfig:SIOCGIFFLAGS:no such device error while starting wlan0 interface drivers were not loaded....
i have kernel v46
what's about lxp's modified v46??
sorry my english

Last edited by skricciolo1981; 2011-06-28 at 18:19.

Originally Posted by skricciolo1981 View Post
error while loading kernel modules ifconfig:SIOCGIFFLAGS:no such device error while starting wlan0 interface drivers were not loaded....
i have kernel v46
what's about lxp's modified v46??
sorry my english
Try installing the version from David's Blog (v46-wl1) or install the new v47 from extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rome-Italy
kernel v46-wl1 took my boot, but I need because I Meego on SD ....
In fact if I go to install the applet because it gives me error because of uboot ...

Last edited by skricciolo1981; 2011-06-29 at 06:19.

Tags
announce, applet, bleeding edge, driver, monitor, not4noobs