Active Topics

Notices

In pyRadio.py line 308 should read:
Code:
position = "%02d:%02d" % divmod(total - pos, 60) + " / " + "%02d:%02d" % divmod(total, 60)
If you change that to:
Code:
position = "%02d:%02d" % divmod(pos, 60) + " / " + "%02d:%02d" % divmod(total, 60)
I think that will display the current position (count up) instead of time left.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yesssh!

Thank you!

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Any chance your plans include building a deb for Harmattan any time soon?

Originally Posted by rm_you View Post
Any chance your plans include building a deb for Harmattan any time soon?
The current one should work fine unless the dependency names have changed. Last I looked at Harmattan PyQt4 wasn't ported yet - that's the hangup there. I haven't checked MeeGo/Harmattan in a long time though to see if that's been fixed.

Hi Saint.

Would it be possible to symlink any of the python junk to my memory card to save on space?

If so, what would be the command line for this?

pyRadio itself is actually very small so you won't save much space.. you can move /opt/pyRadio anywhere you want then just symlink it to /opt/pyRadio if you want the desktop icon to work. Otherwise you can move it anywhere and create your own launcher to launch it from the new location. pyRadio doesn't care where it is.

But, you'll save less than 1MB that way. The real space hogger is the qt4 and python+qt4 bindings and I am sure you can go through and symlink those but I don't have the commands. There are a lot of bindings.

dpkg -L python-qt4-<something>

Will give you a list of all the files it contains, then you can move the directories somewhere and symlink them back.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
pyRadio itself is actually very small so you won't save much space.. you can move /opt/pyRadio anywhere you want then just symlink it to /opt/pyRadio if you want the desktop icon to work. Otherwise you can move it anywhere and create your own launcher to launch it from the new location. pyRadio doesn't care where it is.

But, you'll save less than 1MB that way. The real space hogger is the qt4 and python+qt4 bindings and I am sure you can go through and symlink those but I don't have the commands. There are a lot of bindings.

dpkg -L python-qt4-<something>

Will give you a list of all the files it contains, then you can move the directories somewhere and symlink them back.
...Or, you could just move /opt to your SD card ( sudo mv /opt /media/mmc1/ ) and then symbolic link your opt to the original location ( ln -s /media/mmc1/opt /opt ). This will take care of EVERYTHING in opt, if you have the space on the SD card (use mmc1 for the external SD card or else replace mmc1 with mmc2 if you prefer using the internal SD card).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
...Or, you could just move /opt to your SD card ( sudo mv /opt /media/mmc1/ ) and then symbolic link your opt to the original location ( ln -s /media/mmc1/opt /opt ). This will take care of EVERYTHING in opt, if you have the space on the SD card (use mmc1 for the external SD card or else replace mmc1 with mmc2 if you prefer using the internal SD card).
That's true.. I forgot that on the N8x0 the /opt is not actually a system or standard directory so you can do with it whatever you want.

I've heard this has issues on the N900 through because the SD cards aren't mounted in time for some system libraries that are in /opt .. I could be wrong on that though..

I've got PyRadio, Nqaap, and Dial Central in /opt.

I'll move those over to my MMC but I was hoping to also move the bulk of Python/QT there as well.

I would need an exact command line for this though since I still have no clue what I'm doing in Xterm.

Again, so many thanks for Pyradio and for making it the loudest music player on my N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Ok, I did the port myself to Harmattan. Important notes:

Now using PySide instead of Qt4. Almost a completely clean swap of the includes is all that's required, with the exception of one of your parent constructor calls.

MAFW has changed, and I don't know how to fix it, so I wrote my own backend that uses Mplayer slave mode. It's less than ideal, but it'll work in the meantime (if you know how to fix MAFWBackend, PLEASE do, it'd probably work a lot better).

Mine is a bit buggy on first launch, but once it starts working, it keeps working (timing issue with mplayer backend, it does some strange blocking in a lot of places) so again, would really love to see MAFW work again. I tried porting the mafw libs from fremantle and they seem to install but using the MAFW backend causes pyRadio to segfault with those libs. The symbol names are the same so something else must be just incompatible. Harmattan uses libqmafw which appears to be a C++ lib so the structure is completely different and the symbols are annoyingly obscured, so I tried for about 5 minutes to get it to work with ctypes and then gave up.

My deb can be found here: http://sheeplauncher.net/debs/
Source should be with it. Use 3.6.1! BTW, this stuff is really hacked together quickly to work, don't look at it as the pinnacle of quality. :P
You'll need to install the mplayer deb there as well for this to work.

Last edited by rm_you; 2011-07-26 at 07:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm_you For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio