Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I am too lazy to read the whole thread, but i am quite sure, what it contains.
so, anywhore, i was thinking that TMO could've have a wall, where all users could post their posts, instead of creating a THREAD. Get it?
smb asks:
Sorry, i am too dumb to understand how to install Nitdroid, can smbd help me?
And he gets then a link from somebody, gets the answer. And this way we won't have that many threads, with a few posts in them, containing links and stuff. OFCUZ, the wall will be always trolled and full of stupid question, but the right column would be much more cleaner. IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO?

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-07-27 at 18:51. Reason: My englsih is killlllin' me

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
It is possible to do.

Anywhore, I think you are a very nice man Alf and I can't wait to see this plan of yours put into action.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
It is possible to do.

Anywhore, I think you are a very nice man Alf and I can't wait to see this plan of yours put into action.
RWJ rocks=)
Anyprostitute, this can only be done with the root power
Code:
sudo gainroot
dpkg - i /home/admin/TMO/wall_1.0.0.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Anyfud!

Downloading the .deb now. OFCUZ, can't wait for these improvements!

Alf, you are a lovely man. Lets hope this thread inspires more PLUR in people.

BELCH!

(Couldn't resist, thread title compelled me)

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
(snip) .... and she comes on here complaining people telling the truth.(snip)
Hey vi_, you've been keeping your femininity very well hidden here... and how does abill know your secret?

Hang on - is there something going on between you two? Do we have a TMO romance here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
...Given the ~50k population here, of which statistically speaking,
(according to the most conservative estimates) around 1%
of the members here are devout sociopaths (yielding about 500 cranks and otherwise rude and obnoxious people who give not one whit about what other people care about)...
500 sociopaths? Im at least 3 of them.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-07-27 at 23:25.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Vi_: You should forkbomb all the haters!

){ :|:& };:

Bring back the old signature!

(Thread title changed to represent your EPIC idea!)

@anthonie: You hit the nail on the head! I did not want to go through all the silly threads in 'Alternatives' and post links to show this. But the vast majority are just rubbish that can be sorted by looking at the first page or by google!

Last edited by kingoddball; 2011-07-27 at 22:36.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I felt this same exact way when the N900 was released and I didn't make the jump.

The folks that came in, knew nothing about ITT, hated us old-timers that kept our N810's, the folks that resisted jumping to Qt were shunned for our GTK+ ways (like Druids, but hated moreso) and the negativity was immense.

Out comes the N9. New names, same ignorance, new device, same hatred to the prior group that existed here before them... same old story.
I'm all for change. Smoku had cleared some doubts regarding Meego and now it seems quite promising. I don't mind talk about Meego here. Keeps me informed and I don't have to visit Meego.com as much.

However I refuse to buy the N9 for the following reasons:

1. It looks abandoned even before it is released.
2. It's not really Meego so if Nokia abandons it you could be stuck without updates.
3. It's a Nokia.

If Elop had to leave and someone pro Meego had to be the new CEO and release further devices I would consider. But right now it's too risky to buy. I will happily wait for Meego devices from other manufacturers who embrace the platform if Meego is successful after all.

I enjoy using Maemo. I love my N900. I wish it had more RAM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I am too lazy to read the whole thread, but i am quite sure, what it contains.
so, anywhore, i was thinking that TMO could've have a wall, where all users could post their posts, instead of creating a THREAD. Get it?
smb asks:
And he gets then a link from somebody, gets the answer. And this way we won't have that many threads, with a few posts in them, containing links and stuff. OFCUZ, the wall will be always trolled and full of stupid question, but the right column would be much more cleaner. IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO?
I proposed something like this here, to be called a Free Fire zone, a thread where no one was expected to have searched, and all questions and answers would be deleted every few days. Of course, anything posted of lasting significance could be transferred elsewhere.

Of course it could be done but no one was interested.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: