Active Topics

Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
nothing..i installed conky and batlevel at polling interval 120sec..and 4contact widgets..nothing else..how is ur battery life? and after installing it i put vfs ro 1000 and after tht it showed 100..

Remove conky and see if the battery life improves. monitor using top to see who is taking higher cpu.

Also, follow some of the tips on the net like better sim, in good signal area etc to make sure battery is not draining because of them.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
I don't know if its just me, but i find my device some what quicker and more responsive after the battery patch, anyone else?
you should
because my ideal profile is modified to give so
specially with menu

The Following User Says Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!!!
9 HOURS OF CONTINUES USAGE oMg
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

EDIT: I HAVE BEEN USING MY N900 FOR 3 HOURS AND STILL 74%

Last edited by Seker_94; 2011-07-28 at 20:37.

are you intentionally not setting your new ideal kernel-settings profile as the default profile?

dont you have to do

Code:
kernel-settings default ideal
to make it stick after boot?

I recommend not overwriting the default ideal profile and instead place a custom-named profile in /home/user/.kernel which is also on kernel-config's search path.

re: http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Use_of_kernel-config

good work!

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
hey guys i have a doubt.. the battery scripts r working so good.. but here is my problem..
1. if i lock the phone(for eg)at 80% the battery stays at 80 untill i unlock.. but the problem is the battery goes to 70%(approx) within 1min of unlocking.. can anyone tell this whether this is ok??.. i use ideal scripts given by karam..but after that drain the battery acts normal(15% drain for 1hr with continuous usage of gprs-2G with multiple web pages always open ) on usage untill i lock.. i have reflashed my phone recently and i have 6 contacts,conversation and music player widget and 12bookmarks on my desktop..
2. if i play webos for an hour the battery drops to 20%.. i have started playing games only after installing karams tweaks..so is this normal too???

and special tks to karam for his scripts and tweaks..

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
I don't know if its just me, but i find my device some what quicker and more responsive after the battery patch, anyone else?
I also have noticed it. But I installed yesterday the patch again (after removing it) and I noticed after that. Maybe a feel it a bit better, or maybe it's my perception just wanting to believe that.
And for the battery lifetime, I finished charging at 5:15 PM. Now it's 11:43 PM and the percentage is 80%. I had Sociality autorefreshing every 15 minutes, and without disabling WLAN interface (on 2G mode). It seems it really works!

EDIT: @visN900
I think the webOS games thing could be normal. That drop of 10% is weird. Is it raising after some time? If not you would have to change your usage. Maybe are those browser windows. Before all these tweaks I realized that leaving multiple browser windows opened drained battery and slowered the system (that's what I thought). Wouldn't be better to close them and use History? Swiping from right to left on MicroB or clicking the button on Opera (I prefer this).
OOr maybe it could be any widget you have there (media player, Facebook, Personal Dataplan...)
Weird, anyway...

Last edited by jpala16; 2011-07-28 at 21:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
I also have noticed it. But I installed yesterday the patch again (after removing it) and I noticed after that. Maybe a feel it a bit better, or maybe it's my perception just wanting to believe that.
And for the battery lifetime, I finished charging at 5:15 PM. Now it's 11:43 PM and the percentage is 80%. I had Sociality autorefreshing every 15 minutes, and without disabling WLAN interface (on 2G mode). It seems it really works!

EDIT: @visN900
I think the webOS games thing could be normal. That drop of 10% is weird. Is it raising after some time? If not you would have to change your usage. Maybe are those browser windows. Before all these tweaks I realized that leaving multiple browser windows opened drained battery and slowered the system (that's what I thought). Wouldn't be better to close them and use History? Swiping from right to left on MicroB or clicking the button on Opera (I prefer this).
OOr maybe it could be any widget you have there (media player, Facebook, Personal Dataplan...)
Weird, anyway...
tks for the reply..
it doesnt rise after some time.. actually i open many tabs while browsing so only added that.. anyways i experience nil% delay or hang now.i use only media player and conversation widget..even i find this wierd but my phone stays exactly for 7hrs on continuous usage.. but that lock and unlock is the problem now..

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
It's quite curious that someone asked this just when short time ago it's development and testing started.

@joelsk: Are you sure you didn't read that from karam or vi_ before asking for it?
Quite sure i didn't. was messing around with swappolube vfs settings changing from 10 to 100 incrementally daily after reading bout it here.. so just a thought after that.

To the sarky ***** who posted above your post, my apologies for not having the time to read thru all the posts like you do.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by fusi View Post
are you intentionally not setting your new ideal kernel-settings profile as the default profile?

dont you have to do

Code:
to make it stick after boot?

I recommend not overwriting the default ideal profile and instead place a custom-named profile in /home/user/.kernel which is also on kernel-config's search path.

re: http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Use_of_kernel-config

good work!
oops looks like i forgot about this command
i have added it as optional to the first post

thanks for reminding me about it

Guys you may wanna give a try to my ideal profile
just enter (as root) in xterminal:
------------------------------
------------------------------

it might even give more battery life

PS: I will fix some mistakes later to make an edited profile (not replacing any one)

Last edited by karam; 2011-07-29 at 10:56.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
on my first day of testing bearing in mind i am not using speedpatch or kasam's ideal profile so just using the vfs changer.

battery @ 80.2%

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-07-29 at 12:19.

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe