Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Running a freshly installed version of 1.0.10, searching for videos is fine however I cannot view them as it returns the error:

Code:
Error: unable to retrieve video.
Is there anyway to get more meaningful debug?

http://pastebin.com/zik4U4sC
There isn't any verbose logging to the console. The warning message regarding QNetworkConfigurationPrivatePointer can be ignored.

Can you give an example video and tell me which quality setting you are using. There were still some remaining issues with retrieving the video URL, which I have fixed this afternoon. I'm testing to confirm atm.

EDIT: YouTube appear to have changed to FLV for the 'mobile' stream (the URL contains '&type=video/x-flv'), so these streams can be downloaded, but will not play (at least not using the gstreamer backend), so I may have to remove the 'mobile' quality option.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-08-05 at 13:22.

Version 1.0.12 should be in extras-devel soon.

Changelog:

* Fixed some remaining issues with playback/download of YouTube videos.
* Removed 'mobile' quality setting.

I've tested quite a few videos (including VEVO etc), and they all appear to be working.

My website

GitHub

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Mine worked even with 1.0.11

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-08-05 at 14:40.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
Updated to 1.0.12. Tahnks

Playback is working, but I have again problem with white theme in Info mode. Happened few versions ago, was fixed, now is not ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to lidow For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Marxian = my favourite Northerner ;-)

Thanks!

how do i update my cutetube xml? i tried to search it on app manager couldn't find it.

Not been here for a while so forgive me if i've missed summot ..
why Removed 'mobile' quality setting ? I kinda need it coz my tinterweb can be a bit **** sometimes?

Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Not been here for a while so forgive me if i've missed summot ..
why Removed 'mobile' quality setting ? I kinda need it coz my tinterweb can be a bit **** sometimes?
YouTube have changed the codec that is used for the 'mobile' stream, at least for the newer videos. The videos will not play anymore.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
YouTube have changed the codec that is used for the 'mobile' stream, at least for the newer videos. The videos will not play anymore.
Thats pants! Oh well, thanks for clearing that up

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
Hi marxian. Can you give me some hint to solve my issue? I'm trying to translate cuteTube, but when I put qm file generated from ts file to /opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/i18n and start cutetube, application is still in English (for testing purposes I'm translating english language file) instead of in my language.

From which file is application taking an English strings, when original English (qml_en.qm) file is already translated? From base.qm?

Or maybe some error in generated qm file?

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube