didnt zehjotkah once said.
nokias new strategy is "announce late, release early"?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pillum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by medri View Post
interesting comparison between Harmattan and Windooze Phone:
Nokia Mobile Blog

Not too good for Harmattan ...
But a fair comparison. Wouldn't want a WP either.
what do you expectr from a Nokia blog who is now hijacked by MrFlop and his team!?

Ofcourse they do everything to maker it look Harmattan is bad

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
HAHAHA this is rich........

ND logo

You may have seen reports or received an email from us regarding a recent security breach on this developer.nokia.com/community discussion forum.

During our ongoing investigation of the incident we have discovered that a database table containing developer forum members' email addresses has been accessed, by exploiting a vulnerability in the bulletin board software that allowed an SQL Injection attack. Initially we believed that only a small number of these forum member records had been accessed, but further investigation has identified that the number is significantly larger.

The database table records includes members’ email addresses and, for fewer than 7% who chose to include them in their public profile, either birth dates, homepage URL or usernames for AIM, ICQ, MSN, Skype or Yahoo. However, they do not contain sensitive information such as passwords or credit card details and so we do not believe the security of forum members’ accounts is at risk. Other Nokia accounts are not affected.

We are not aware of any misuse of the accessed data, but we are communicating with affected forum members, though we believe the only potential impact to them may be unsolicited email. Nokia apologizes for this incident.

Though the initial vulnerability was addressed immediately, we have now taken the developer community website offline as a precautionary measure, while we conduct further investigations and security assessments. We hope to get the site back online as soon as possible and will post developments here in the meantime.

If you have any questions on this, please contact Nokia.developer-discussions-support@nokia.com.

The Nokia Developer website team.
Very funny and what has this todo with N9!?!?

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by ajwatt View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted. I have no desire to sort through 485 pages of posts on here.

Brand New Nokia N9 16GB Blue 8MP Unlocked!

The same seller has all of the variants listed. Seller's location is Kent, WA (maybe Elop's home? HA!). The 16GB "blue" (cyan) linked above has a release date of 15 September, while the 64GB black one is available 30 September.
So err... where is this seller sourcing their devices from?

Originally Posted by eBay user all_electronic_store
It is your responsobility to do so, we are not responsible if you will buy it and it will not work for your 3G service.
From that sentence (and others) I'm guessing that English is not this seller's first language - not that there is anything wrong with that, but between that and the username all_electronic_store, I have to wonder if they're really in Kent, WA, United States and not Hong Kong or similar. Again, nothing wrong with being in HK, but altogether this doesn't smell right to me.

Even if it's totally legit (or as legit as a gray-market import ever is), what's the possible advantage to the buyer of shelling out US$845 now vs. once the thing is released?

Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
didnt zehjotkah once said.
nokias new strategy is "announce late, release early"?

They may had said they will short release from annmouncement. But this was mainly Symbian where they actually had give dates.

In case of N9 no one has actually given a "global" date (just rumors). But Nokia Sweden has said 23 september (locally) and I will be very pissed if not released then. But AFAIK it's only 29 august now. so how can it then be late!?

But I agree that it would be wayu better if it was already released but thats a different story

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-29 at 16:39.

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Oh, the concept of the test is fair, but the order of phones is not randomized, and the sample of testers is... 2

I mean, on the second test, the guy spend 10-20 seconds looking for his number in the contacts, but it's not there.. how relevant is that?

Steps involved in the three tests seems to be very much the same on both UI, but it looks like WP7 vkb is faster, and people cannot unlock the N9 easily.
Apart from that, there's nothing relevant in the video.
Yes seems vkb is better on WP but at the same time the comparisionm is plain stupid cause we all know that N950 has a different screen from N9 so we dont know if N9 is better or even slower...

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
So err... where is this seller sourcing their devices from?

From that sentence (and others) I'm guessing that English is not this seller's first language - not that there is anything wrong with that, but between that and the username all_electronic_store, I have to wonder if they're really in Kent, WA, United States and not Hong Kong or similar. Again, nothing wrong with being in HK, but altogether this doesn't smell right to me.

Even if it's totally legit (or as legit as a gray-market import ever is), what's the possible advantage to the buyer of shelling out US$845 now vs. once the thing is released?
If you are THAT desperate to buy the N9 then i will sell you one end of this week... hopefully .

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Oh, the concept of the test is fair, but the order of phones is not randomized, and the sample of testers is... 2<SNIP>
Not to mention the fact that he did the comparo using a N950.
Which usually use firmware builds from 22/06 or earlier.
So he's comparing a production ready build, with one that isn't.
Funny how he fails to mention that.....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-08-29 at 17:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
If you are THAT desperate to buy the N9 then i will sell you one end of this week... hopefully .
I'll give you a Mars bar and a packet of Quavers for an N9.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I'll give you a Mars bar and a packet of Quavers for an N9.
HAHAHA wow you don't give much of a value to it do you

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????