Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Version 16.8 is out, this is just a security update that fixes http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76178

This update is basically from Nokia, read (and thank) http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=33 for more about that.

Sorry about the ridiculous rate of updates, it'll go back to how it was on version 17 again

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Currently installed 16.7, no problem here...
Thanks CSSU team !

A little question.. The transitions.ini.default file not updated in this version ?
transitions.ini is now a conffile, meaning dpkg will ask you what to do with the file when you install the package, afaik HAM defaults to keeping the version you have installed.

apt-get --reinstall install hildon-desktop may prompt you to replace the file with a newer version.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
transitions.ini is now a conffile, meaning dpkg will ask you what to do with the file when you install the package, afaik HAM defaults to keeping the version you have installed.

apt-get --reinstall install hildon-desktop may prompt you to replace the file with a newer version.
Thanks.. I understand this, but when I installed the update 16 or 16.5 (don't remember) by HAM, I got the new file of transitions.ini.default (I saw the date of this file) in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/... And now after installing 16.7 by HAM, I checked this path (/usr/share/hildon-desktop) and I saw the same date of this file transitions.ini.default (08.09.11), that I mean this file not updated with latest update (16.7).. Is this ok ?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Version 16.8 is out, this is just a security update that fixes http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76178

This update is basically from Nokia, read (and thank) http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=33 for more about that.
Confirmed, https://www.diginotar.com is no longer trusted

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Guys

I still have problem with these tree packages, what can I do?
Attached Images

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Thanks.. I understand this, but when I installed the update 16 or 16.5 (don't remember) by HAM, I got the new file of transitions.ini.default (I saw the date of this file) in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/... And now after installing 16.7 by HAM, I checked this path (/usr/share/hildon-desktop) and I saw the same date of this file transitions.ini.default (08.09.11), that I mean this file not updated with latest update (16.7).. Is this ok ?
The .default file has been added there by the Features application. It is not part of the CSSU and therefore you should not expect it to be updated by those updates.

BTW, re-installation of hildon-desktop doesn't give the option to update the transitions.ini file.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
The .default file has been added there by the Features application. It is not part of the CSSU and therefore you should not expect it to be updated by those updates.

BTW, re-installation of hildon-desktop doesn't give the option to update the transitions.ini file.
Now I know that... Thanks

MAG
how about the fastsms virtual keyboard problem?
since this new update everytime i press the option button instead of options menu showing up virtual keyboard disappears!

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
4 updates (1 major/3 minor) in two days....

speechless

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
4 updates (1 major/3 minor) in two days....

speechless
haha.. i know... a big THANKS to CSSU team..

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade