Active Topics

Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Thanks for replying, and that was the first thing I tried, but after reboot it reverted back to karams custom profile which I can't find in the kernel-power folder. However, when I load the ideal and used it before I rebooted, phone was super fast and stable. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
try this
sudo gainroot
kernel-config load ideal
kernel-config default ideal

it should now have ideal as default.

I figured something out. It seems that karam didn't make his custom-profile in the recent deb install. So I had to got to /opt/dbus-scripts and in there it showed cpu_sleep and cpu_normal. I removed the line which said kernel-config load overclock on the cpu_normal, and for the cpu_sleep removed the line which said kernel-config load underclock. Also, I went into /usr/share/kernel-power-settings and deleted overclock and underclock profiles. So now just saved Ideal as default. However, I have this feeling that maybe I left something out. Anyways, my intentions are to just have the cgroups method and the batterypatch method of vfs cache pressure, without any overclock/underclock and was looking for an easier way of doing it that's why I installed the latest deb file. However, theres no location of /etc/event.d/speedpatch or /usr/local/sbin/cgroup_clean or etc/rc.local so my question is then what did the deb file do?

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i'm not sure tbh, haven't seen karam on here for a few days but he is busy with school. sure he'll be on at some point. i'm using the battery patch that uses overclock and underclock again with changed profiles. i'm getting no reboots now just the saving from mediafire problem where it closes my browser when i go to save
i'm also wondering if a bad voltage has corrupted my OS if that's the case i'm fighting a loosing battle.

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-09-18 at 11:16.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
I figured something out. It seems that karam didn't make his custom-profile in the recent deb install. So I had to got to /opt/dbus-scripts and in there it showed cpu_sleep and cpu_normal. I removed the line which said kernel-config load overclock on the cpu_normal, and for the cpu_sleep removed the line which said kernel-config load underclock. Also, I went into /usr/share/kernel-power-settings and deleted overclock and underclock profiles. So now just saved Ideal as default. However, I have this feeling that maybe I left something out. Anyways, my intentions are to just have the cgroups method and the batterypatch method of vfs cache pressure, without any overclock/underclock and was looking for an easier way of doing it that's why I installed the latest deb file. However, theres no location of /etc/event.d/speedpatch or /usr/local/sbin/cgroup_clean or etc/rc.local so my question is then what did the deb file do?
You partly answered your own question, it places dbus scripts in /opt/dbus-scripts. These scripts do 3 things; load the overclock or underclock profile, change the VFS Pressure cache to 10 when sleeping and 100 when awake and stops or starts certain processes that aren't needed when sleeping.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Thanks mornage, I was already aware of that the deb file accomplished those things. However, my main question was what happened to the Cgroup method which was the main purpose of the speed increase? Why was it left out of the deb install method?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Thanks mornage, I was already aware of that the deb file accomplished those things. However, my main question was what happened to the Cgroup method which was the main purpose of the speed increase? Why was it left out of the deb install method?
I'm kind of sleepy, but I think that the "cgroup" thing has something to do with speedpatch, not batterypatch. It is also on repositories. Check it out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Oh, I thought both patches were compiled in the latest deb. Well, I did install speedpatch from the repos but for some reason, multi tasking became slower and buggy, to the point where phone was unresponsive, but the music that I had on was still playing and the only response that was able to input was just to hold power button down to shut off phone. I checked hTop before it became unresponsive and all open tasks were taking like 3x more memory than before, so I removed speedpatch and all traces of its entries through backupmenu restore.

can speedpatch work with nokia kernel? i had kernel config instaled but in multiboot i choose maemo omap so that nokia kernel load..i didnt know how to load again kernel 48

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
hello everyone
i'm back again

and i will release the fix for batterypatch according to the unexpected reboots
that will be on the next thurseday or friday

and thanks for everyone who helped other members when i was off

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by dignified View Post
can speedpatch work with nokia kernel? i had kernel config instaled but in multiboot i choose maemo omap so that nokia kernel load..i didnt know how to load again kernel 48
If you use non KP version it will work without power kernel.

To get power kernel to load again, reboot the phone with the keyboard open and you should be able to select power kernel.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe