Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Originally Posted by ctl View Post
Ok, so how could i get extras-devel on my repositories?

type this:
Name: extras-devel
URL: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
Dstribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Thaks a lot JSTAR now its working, i`ve just finished installing speedpatch and a lots of updates to my aplications you have been very helpful.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by algiz View Post
Yesterday I installed speedpatch from repository and got the same error. In addition a reboot always resulted in a malfunction error so I had to shut the device down and turn it on again.

The speedpatch version from July or August (not the .deb) was installed before (and I didn't uninstall it). The old file in /etc/event.d differs from the repo version in a comment line so dpkg created a backup of it. Maybe the problem were those 2 files (speedpatch and speedpatch.dpkg-old) doing the same.

I could fix the problem by deleting the old speedpatch file in /etc/event.d.
Code:
rm /etc/event.d/speedpatch.dpkg-old
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't get that error in xterm anymore neither malfunction on reboot. At least till now
hmm ..hmm . hmm
maybe this is the problem after all
just because we changed from tar.gz to deb which made dpkg back up the old existed files

but i said that you everyone should remove the manual version before installing the deb one

For now i need another confirm that this is the thing causing the troubles

When device is locked: CPU 250 750
When device is unlocked: CPU 500 750
right or wrong???

Can I OC to 900?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by karam View Post
hmm ..hmm . hmm
maybe this is the problem after all
just because we changed from tar.gz to deb which made dpkg back up the old existed files

but i said that you everyone should remove the manual version before installing the deb one

For now i need another confirm that this is the thing causing the troubles
Maybe there is something else causing this problem. If I'm getting it right Zekahz purged everything before and still got the error. But I don't know if a differently named file remained in /etc/event.d.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
i would like to ask that the new battery patch's profie with one out of two vdd enabled gives more battery life than custom karam profile with both vdd enabled? if yes then how? i dont know karam how to change the voltages n stuff. i just wanna use a profile that gives me good battery life plus the min freq in the new profile is 500 which again should take up more battery life. can u please tell me if i should edit this profile? or does this give a better life than custom karam due to any settings.
thanks for the help

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by accountvip View Post
When device is locked: CPU 250 750
When device is unlocked: CPU 500 750
right or wrong???

Can I OC to 900?
I think its 250 - 500 when locked and
500 -750 when unlocked if you are using the default profiles that come with battery patch.

You can change this either by editing the overclock and underclock profiles or by editing /opt/dbus-scripts/cpu_normal and CPU_sleep to point to your own customs configs.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
i would like to ask that the new battery patch's profie with one out of two vdd enabled gives more battery life than custom karam profile with both vdd enabled? if yes then how? i dont know karam how to change the voltages n stuff. i just wanna use a profile that gives me good battery life plus the min freq in the new profile is 500 which again should take up more battery life. can u please tell me if i should edit this profile? or does this give a better life than custom karam due to any settings.
thanks for the help
I believe Karam's custom profile was a modded version of Ideal, if so then the voltages used would have been lower than the profiles in the latest battery patch. If your phone is stable on Ideal you can edit CPU_sleep and CPU_normal as per above to point to your own custom profiles.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
ok so u mean that this new profile has default profiles? can u please tell me how to edit the custom karam profile? what to do with governor on demand etc to increase continous usage coz its 250-750 and iwth both vdd on so i think it would be better. and it uses lower voltage right. so what do i do to make it as the new profile in the batteyr patch but with both vdd enabled and with custmo karam voltages

Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
ok so u mean that this new profile has default profiles? can u please tell me how to edit the custom karam profile? what to do with governor on demand etc to increase continous usage coz its 250-750 and iwth both vdd on so i think it would be better. and it uses lower voltage right. so what do i do to make it as the new profile in the batteyr patch but with both vdd enabled and with custmo karam voltages
The new battery patch uses new profiles based on default voltages. To use Karam's custom profile, save it to /home/user/.kernel as something meaningful (name it what ever you want as long as you remember its name, then edit /opt/dbus-scripts/cpu_normal with what ever text editor you want. E.g.

Nano /opt/dbus-scripts/cpu_normal

Now change the line that says kernel-config load overclock to
Kernel-config load *Karam's custom profile* (I.e. whatever you have named it).

Now when you unlock the device it will use that profile instead.

I am unsure what difference the cpu governor actually makes (not seen much difference on my device) but if you want to change it, edit the profile you have set to overclock (E.g. nano /home/user/.kernel/karam) and change GOVERNOR=ondemand to GOVERNOR=conservative and see if you get better continuous usage.

I must warn you though, if you are unsure about anything here, you are probably best to leave it. You could end up giving yourself random reboots if your kernel profile is not set correctly. Although, you can just go back to using overclock in cpu_normal which should fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe