Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
made the votes ...

may the best coders/developers win & continue to support maemo/meego

The Following User Says Thank You to adhrie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by adhrie View Post
may the best coders/developers win & continue to support maemo/meego
/signed

I tried to check and google the developers behind the particular projects and if they supported my devices before this competition and how high the possibility is the development will continue in the future. I ranked the votes later about my feeling after this little research.

Some work, yes... but just to avoid to get again frustrated after voting for the wrong projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
BTW. How soon after the voting closes will the results be available?
I've no idea, but I hope very soon....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Just another bump as voting closes in four hours.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I'm sure we don't need this bumps. The voting will get closed in 2 hours, there was plenty of time the last days to vote and this thread is sticky anyway. But thanks.

But I wonder if we get something like a voter turnout? How many members were eligible to vote and how many have voted?

Will we get this statistics in the results and are the results automatically posted somewhere?

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I remember the Council nomination thread when people complained that they didn't realise that the period was closing and so never stepped forward. I kept putting voting off, saying, 'I'll do it later' (although I've voted now), and I think there'll be others doing the same. I just think it would be a shame for people no t to be able to thank the developers in a meaningful manner, after all the hard work they've put in.

Edit: The bumps help because they help push the thread to the top of the 'Active Topics' panel on the right and the 'Latest posts' search.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I remember the Council nomination thread when people complained that they didn't realise that the period was closing and so never stepped forward. I kept putting voting off, saying, 'I'll do it later' (although I've voted now), and I think there'll be others doing the same. I just think it would be a shame for people no t to be able to thank the developers in a meaningful manner, after all the hard work they've put in.
Mmmh... yes, perhaps. But I hope the people interested in this competition have already voted. At my clock there are only 45 minutes left. Not enought to test all applications before voting.

By the way... will it end at UTC?

You're perhaps right. I'm not the measure of all things and other members are acting rather at the last minute than considering in a quiet minute.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Edit: The bumps help because they help push the thread to the top of the 'Active Topics' panel on the right and the 'Latest posts' search.
Okay, that's a clear point for you.

But honestly, you got the Idea about this fact after posting and thinging about my small critique.

Edit: Aaah... and just realized... I helped you with your intention with bumping this thread myself two times and pushed the thread to the top of the "Active Topics" panel. Don't forget to say thank you.

Last edited by helex; 2011-11-24 at 22:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
I'm guessing the voting is over.
Hope we'll have the results soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Just counted number of users who voted in the biggest category, games. Around 70. From 5K sent emails.
http://maemo.org/vote/votes.php?election_id=18

Maybe problem was with limiting karma to 10.
I know it was needed, but still it's a little disappointing.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post
Just counted number of users who voted in the biggest category, games. Around 70. From 5K sent emails.
http://maemo.org/vote/votes.php?election_id=18

Maybe problem was with limiting karma to 10.
I know it was needed, but still it's a little disappointing.
Thanks for the link. Haven't known about it. Very interesting to read.

Here are all links:
This low voter turnout is indeed very sad. Only 1,4% - VERY low. And in the games categorie with 21 submissins we have now only 49 independent voters if the individual developers voted for their own projects.

Look at the Coding Competition 2010 - it was not very high compared to the amount of the registered members, too. Despite it prominent, sticky visibility in the forum have only a minor number of users voted.

I don't think the karma limit of 10 is a reason for this. Members with karma were in the past surely more interested in maemo than Members with less than 10 karma points (expect those who haven't known about linking the two accounts before - yes, it is sad)

But if those karma 10 members are not interested in spending a hour to vote - how many of the other members would have spent a hour to vote?

Hmm... and a other point: Several Members have voted for no submission - "This member chose to vote for none of the possible choices." - perhaps the voting prozess was to complicated?!

Last edited by helex; 2011-11-25 at 11:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia