Notices

OK, if it does result in sending my precious mA's to /dev/null (and, from the other side, recovering it from Your /dev/null) I'm going to send You my energy bill. Probably, to Your /dev/null.

Sorry, can't stop myself from writing that. I guess I should get some sleep...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Hello, I just installed backupmenu and this is what it shows me before it starts:
Code:

UDev started
Error with: cp /lib/libacl.so.1 /tmpdisk/lib Code: 1
cp: cannot stat cp /lib/libacl.so.1 no such file or directory
Press any key to cont.
Error with cp /lib/libattr.so.1.1.0
no such file or dir
Backupmenu loaded ...
Is this normal?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Yes it is if you miss those packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Thanks, this information could be added to the first post of this thread then, it looks scary otherwise.

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Venlo-Blerick, The Netherlands
Network functions on my N900 died, backed it up with backupmenu, backed up the emmc and microsdhc files after. Handed it in, turned out the phone was irreparable.

Got a new N900 for free today, despite warranty being long gone and not having it insured (yay):

- charged the battery
- did a firmware flash to 1.3 and emmc flash (both prolly not needed)
- installed rootsh
- installed backupmenu
- restored emmc and microsdhc files
- restored rootfs and optfs with backupmenu

Got a new phone now with identical settings to those before. All in a matter of 2 hours or so. Backupmenu rocks! :)

My only concern is Sygic Mobile Maps being regged to the device id of my old phone. Bad luck with that :).

Last edited by cure; 2011-11-30 at 01:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to cure For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by cure View Post
Got a new N900 for free today, despite warranty being long gone and not having it insured (yay):
You're within the EU so have a 2-year minimum warranty. If you got one of the very first N900s, your warranty may have just gone, but I doubt it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cure View Post
Network functions on my N900 died, backed it up with backupmenu, backed up the emmc and microsdhc files after. Handed it in, turned out the phone was irreparable.

- charged the battery
- did a firmware flash to 1.3 and emmc flash (both prolly not needed)
- installed rootsh
- installed backupmenu
- restored emmc and microsdhc files
- restored rootfs and optfs with backupmenu

Got a new phone now with identical settings to those before. All in a matter of 2 hours or so. Backupmenu rocks!

My only concern is Sygic Mobile Maps being regged to the device id of my old phone. Bad luck with that .
Grab a pirated version of sygic from teh bay. They no longer care for maemo, your money you payed for a licence or how they screwed you over.

Also, do us all a favor and run the following command.

Post results.

Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Revision

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
cure, you could also consider donating to RobbieThe1st. Even despite fact, that he is doomed to the n950 virus and don't care about us anymore

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Venlo-Blerick, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You're within the EU so have a 2-year minimum warranty. If you got one of the very first N900s, your warranty may have just gone, but I doubt it.
Aha! I was always under the impression warranty only lasted one year. I got my first N900 in March 2010, so you're probably right. Nokia wanted to give me a N8 instead as a replacement, but I refused. Then the phone service provider hooked me up with a completely new N900 they still had lying around in one of their stores. I'm happy.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Grab a pirated version of sygic from teh bay. They no longer care for maemo, your money you payed for a licence or how they screwed you over.
Yes, when asking Sygic for bug fix updates I got replies stating they dropped all support together, when they repeatedly promised a major bug fix update months earlier. Their latest version is unfortunately still plagued by numerous major bugs :(. So I might just do what you said, since I paid for it before. Wonder if I can find the newest version anywhere. The linked contact list function (though bugged for company names) is nice.

Edit: I managed to active it for my new N900 on the Sygic site.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Also, do us all a favor and run the following command.

Post results.

Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Revision

cat results:

Code:
Revision : 2101
Any thoughts on that?

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
cure, you could also consider donating to RobbieThe1st. Even despite fact, that he is doomed to the n950 virus and don't care about us anymore ;)

/Estel

7 nov 2010 Donatie Aan robbie simpson Voltooid Donatie Aan robbie simpson -$10,00 USD

Done already ages ago! :)

However, I could not get GPS to work with my restored image.

I just flashed my N900 an hour ago with PR1.3 using the flasher. GPS works now. Seems some hardware assignments or something are stored in a config at first bootup or so. I'm afraid I'm still have to go reconfigure the whole thing from scratch to keep GPS functionality. Unless anyone has any suggestions how to get GPS to work with the image from my previous N900.

edit: Apparently I updated to PR1.3.1, which corrupted GPS functionality. Just did a restore again, without updating to 1.3.1, GPS works too now.

Last edited by cure; 2011-12-03 at 03:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cure For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
@cure check out the Sygic Thread, i believe i posted there the latest deb for v8.24

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-11-30 at 21:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system