Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
The camera button would be useful mostly for lefties. I experimented with pressing/swiping from the edge of the screen and it seemed pretty nice with long fingernails, but not so easy with short. I think I have to cut one nail and do more tests. I guess an entry in the menu would also do its job, but that's two clicks away.
This search button is also good idea but not in menu but just on top of the list song list, like "random" buttons in artis and album views.

BTW this bug video was recorded after today's omp update.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Currently no. It might be convenient, but wouldn't that have some impact on the lyrics server?
How about adding at least some kind of "fetch missing lyrics" button?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i dont get this...love this app but still facing too many crashes

what is about changing the audio track an multi lingual avi or so on

The Following User Says Thank You to awett For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hmmm, i was having battery drain. So i checked top and found that openmediaplayer was still running (even though I closed it). I had to killall it.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Maybe it's good idea - for people interested in debugging - to modify Your openmediaplayer.desktop, to run scripp launching OMP from terminal - and checking error messages (while running, or after closing). That would make bug reports more information-filled

Of course, even more can be achieved with -dbg package, which is already in repos (if someone missed this information).

/Estel

// Edit

I think, that there should be annotation to instructions about proper bug reporting - "using 'magic' batterypatch/speedpatch automatically invalidates Your report"
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I think it's easier to simply open the terminal and type "openmediaplayer". I use speedpatch as a fix for QtLockscreen's refresh delay and haven't noticed any negative side-effects, but if something is related to batterypatch, I probably won't be able to reproduce it.

Originally Posted by Keneraali View Post
How about adding at least some kind of "fetch missing lyrics" button?
I haven't even considered any fully automatic option. Maybe if I investigate the case and it doesn't turn out to be an abuse.

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
i dont get this...love this app but still facing too many crashes
You can help fix them by providing as many details as possible, or at least some...

Originally Posted by awett View Post
what is about changing the audio track an multi lingual avi or so on
Nothing yet.

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Hmmm, i was having battery drain. So i checked top and found that openmediaplayer was still running (even though I closed it). I had to killall it.
I tried to to fix it with today's release, but I don't have a way to check whether it works, so some feedback would be appreciated. The new version should be in the repository within a few minutes:
  • Auto-connect when starting an Internet radio.
  • Ask for confirmation before deleting a radio bookmark.
  • Updated the Swedish translation (thanks to almehdi).
  • Fixed a case where an empty item was being added to the playlist.
  • Fixed copying new album art.
  • Possible fix for the "100% CPU / staying in the background" bug.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ In a dream
Your work so far has been great, and I thank you for it.

But in your future updates can you please focus on the current visual issues with this media player:

+ Space bar needed to pause track playing whether in music player section or not.
+ having currently playing track selected in either entertainment mode or car mode.
Thanks
+ Making the next and previous touch buttons work on the video player.

Last edited by passm; 2011-12-06 at 17:18.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
@gidzz...how?

Wow, great job! I really appreciate the effort put into this open-source replacement of the stock media player. I found a couple of bugs though.

Entertainment view and Car view don't seem to display text correctly for me. This is what I get: https://imgur.com/a/vrdJP. However, as I press the album art to toggle progress/playlist view I see the text during the "flip". I use the built-in maemo theme "Digital Nature"/beta.

As you can see in the last screenshot, the settings menu allows for horizontal scrolling, which looks a bit odd. Also, in portrait mode the swedish localisation of the checkbox about FMTX is wider than the popup menu (so the horizontal scrolling is in fact necessary here). It'd be better to make the checkbox label multi-line (if possible?).

A minor localisation issue: the swedish localisation of "Now Playing" is currently "Nu spelande", but in the stock media player the translation is "Nu spelas" (which sounds much better as well).

Finally, a feature suggestion: a song queue system and the possibility to queue songs in the playlist for playing. This is probably the most important feature I've missed in the maemo media player compared to desktop music players.

Again, thanks for this great FOSS replacement of the stock media player. :-)

Edit: For the record, I'm using CSSU (testing) and I'm on openmediaplayer 20111206-1.

Last edited by FireyFly; 2011-12-07 at 11:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireyFly For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse