Active Topics

Notices

just used this and wow it is perfect, any chance you can make a Nemo Mobile port? Nemo mobile uses Qt as well.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
any chance you can make a Nemo Mobile port? Nemo mobile uses Qt as well.
So long as Nemo recognizes the IR port and exposes a device driver for it, I don't see why I couldn't. Pierogi is a very simple program, all the magic is really in the collection and management of keysets. It should be able to run on practically anything.

That said, I don't have a Nemo device to test on, so it might be a little hard for me to successfully port the program.

(BTW, the source code is available in the garage, should anyone else want to attempt a port... )

Yet another update is working its way into the extras-devel repository. The big news for this one is that I've finally started to crack the DirecTV protocol. I don't have the pairing set up yet, and I've avoided some of the more esoteric portions of the protocol. (For example, it turns out that several DirecTV buttons will start sending out a different code if you hold them down for longer than about 3 seconds -- I'm going to have to go check out a DirecTV receiver and see what this actually does...) Moreover, I've only set it up for one carrier frequency, and it seems that there are at least three different carrier frequencies in use by different receivers. Plus, there are two different repeat mechanisms in use...

But, in short, there is now a DirecTV keyset in Pierogi, and if you are very lucky, it might even work for your receiver.

I have also added two more air conditioning keysets (one for LG and one for Panasonic), a Samsung SMT-1100T keyset, and a Bose 3-2-1 keyset.

And finally, I have set up a Paypal donations link on the Pierogi webpage. I will dedicate any funds received towards the purchase of a second N900. Thank you!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I will dedicate any funds received towards the purchase of a second N900. Thank you!
Loved it totally

I just check the backside and it says: " Andersson modell Y100 HD". Thanks anyway for trying.
Best regards

i am in love with ur program
what about air conditioning more remotes like sharp and train.. ?
i own an hp dv7 and i was thinking of a remote for it in the program (it has its own remote anyway)
greetings from egypt
thanks in advance

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ TX, USA
If you're taking requests support for Vizio TV's would be great. In any case thanks for pushing development of IR applications forward.

Originally Posted by miroslav_s View Post
I just check the backside and it says: " Andersson modell Y100 HD".
Ah, I needed that extra "s" (and Google for some reason keeps trying to remove it ). But still, all I can find so far is that Andersson is an in-house brand name for a company called NetOnNet. My guess is that these are re-branded devices from other manufacturers; but, I can't seem to find any info on NetOnNet suppliers.

In any case, if we can determine exactly who manufactures these TVs, we'd have a chance at determining what keyset it requires.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
what about air conditioning more remotes like sharp and train.. ?
I can find one Sharp A/C config file, I'll put it on my list. I'm not seeing anything for "Train", however...

i own an hp dv7 and i was thinking of a remote for it in the program
Ah, you might try out the "Microsoft Remote" keysets, then -- they should work for most "MCE"-capable computers.

Edit: Ok, it looks like there are some HP-specific config files in the LIRC collection. They look almost the same as the MCE config files, but I'll throw them on the list just in case...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-02-17 at 21:47. Reason: Found more config files

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ug2215 View Post
If you're taking requests support for Vizio TV's would be great.
I see that there are a handful of Vizio config files in the LIRC collection, I'll put them on the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control